Beauty

Beautiful

There was Kim Hyoyeon. She was undoubtably the best dancer in Girls' Generation. She was beautiful. She was kind. She was humourous. She was witty. She was accepting. She was forgiving. She had a goddess like appearance. She was friendly. She had everything a man could want... yet... she couldn't see it. Nor anyone else for that matter. It was because she was hidden behind her other 8 beautiful sisters. Her sisters were always there, their type of beauty was simply different from hers. Their type of beauty was also more accepted. And thus, that difference shunned her from the spotlight. Hyoyeon didn't mind it though. She stayed on the side as her other sisters were in the spotlight, not noticing. Since the spotlight was always pointed at them, they couldn't see Hyoyeon's beauty from the sidelines. It was sad they couldn't see her potential... because they didn't know what they were missing...

Then, there was Lee Hyukjae. He was also undoubtably the best dancer in Super Junior. He was quite handsome. He was caring. He was generous. He was cheerful. He was witty. He was reassuring. He was Gentle. He was genuine. He had one of the most beautiful smiles you could ever see. He was the type of person you'd want to have around you at all times. The main thing though, was that he was able to see things no-one else would notice. Even though the spotlight was somewhere else on her sisters, his eyes always wondered to the side of the stage. Even though Hyoyeon's sisters did shine brightly, Hyukjae always watched her instead. For Hyoyeon had the best shine on the stage. Hyukjae could see it, he noticed her beauty. Not anyone else though. A real pity...

Hyoyeon thought that she wasn't the most beautiful person in Girls' Generation. She thought that she didn't shine as brightly as her other 8 sisters did. Even though this was what she thought, Hyukjae was always there to prove her wrong. As she sang and danced on stage, she could feel his gaze and warm smile that he gave her. And as this action took its course, a small happy yet shy smile would appear on her lips. The feeling of knowing that he was there to watch her. The feeling of knowing he was wishing her luck. The feeling of knowing he was happy when he watched her. Hyoyeon had a warm and pleasant feeling...

Hyukjae always thought Hyoyeon was the most beautiful member of Girls' Generation. He saw the way she would sparkle on the stage. It was true that the other members of Girls' Generation also sparkled, it's just that Hyoyeon's sparkle was so strong that it blinded him. The way she was so happy and smiled on stage... how could he not smile back at her? Watching her have so much fun on stage... he couldn't take his eyes off her. As if he were some angel. No, a goddess. Even if the spotlight wasn't mainly on her, his eyes would always be on her. Unable to turn away. The spell was cast. His heart was captured.


"Oppa!" Hyoyeon said as she ran to Hyukjae who greeted her happily.


"Oh, hyoyeon. Hi." Hyukjae said as Hyoyeon smiled joyfully at him until she remembered something and instantly frowned. Hyukjae noticed and gave a questioning look.

"I'm so annoyed!" Hyoyeon exclaimed with a sigh.

"Why? What happened?" Hyukjae asked in a slighty worried state. He cared for Hyoyeon the most. Hyoyeon was the most precious person to him.

"Those other girls..." Hyoyeon muttered under her gentle breath.

"Those other girls? What did they do?" Hyukjae asked in a concerned manner as he used his hand to caress Hyoyeon's hair. Hyoyeon blushed as she felt his gentle touch. Under her frown, there lied a smile.

"They told me I'm not beautiful." Hyoyeon pouted with her arms crossed. Hyukjae suddenly felt anger slowly rise up but forced it down. There was nothing he could do to the girls who said anything. Hyukjae was sad though. To him, Hyoyeon was the most beautiful person in the world.

"Don't listen to them." Hyukjae said as he gave Hyoyeon a tight hug. Once again, Hyoyeon blushed at the sudden body contact. Her hands gripped Hyukjae's shirt slightly.

"Oppa. Am I not beautiful?" Hyoyeon asked. Hyukjae gave a twisted look.

"No. You're beautiful. You're the most beautiful person here." Hyukjae smiled gently. Hyoyeon's head was gently pressed against Hyukjae's chest. A  smile soon crept to her lips. Her hands gripping his shirt even tighter.

"You love me, right?" Hyoyeon randomly asked as Hyukjae's eyes widened.

"Where did that come from?" Hyukjae asked doubtably.

"Just answer!" Hyoyeon pouted as Hyukjae laughed slightly.

"Of course I love you." Cooed Hyukjae as he gave Hyoyeon a peck on the lips.

"Good. Love you too." Giggled Hyoyeon as she happily hugged him.


No matter what, Hyukjae thinks Hyoyeon is beautiful. No matter what, Hyukjae made Hyoyeon feel beautiful.

No matter what, Hyoyeon didn't think she was beautiful. No matter what, when Hyukjae told her she was beautiful, she started to believe.