Chapter 1

More Than Shopping Buddies

It was a beautiful day outside as we walked down the streets of Seoul's main shopping district. Tao wanted me to keep him company as he went around from store to store. I happily agreed to come along seeing as he was my best friend. Everything about him was great; we were the perfect partners in crime.

Our feet moved at the same pace as the sun shined in our faces. The warmth felt nice. I knew it would be a good day to hang out. 

"Hyung," said Tao shyly "I-I want to go there." His finger pointed to the Gucci store across the street.

"Seriously? You want to go there? What's a guy going to do with a purse?" I chuckled.

His face turned red. "They don't just sell purses. Come on, can we go? Please?  Pretty pretty please?" I loved brand name things but I knew that if we stepped in that store, we would never come out. "Let's go, Oppa! Don't make me do it..."

I had to prepare myself, he was going to use his ultimate weapon: bbuing bbuing aegyeo. I finally gave in. Tao knew I couldn't resist his aegyeo. It was just too much for me. As we walked across the street I exclaimed "How many times do I have to tell you? You're not a little girl! Quit calling me oppa!" I lied; I loved when he called me that. It was cute.

After two hours of following Tao around in the same store I stopped counting time. I don't know why he thinks Gucci is so awesome. I mean, Louis Vuitton is waaaaay better. I sat down on the mini couch near the display cases and closed my eyes. Who knows how long I had been sleeping? I woke up to Tao jumping on me saying he was ready to go. Finally! 

"Do you still want to shop?" I asked as if Gucci wasn't enough. I threw my arm around his shoulder and saw a smile grow on his face. 

"Well, of course I still do!" He excitedly shouted. It was three in the afternoon.We had been out all morning. 

My stomach was telling me that it was time to grab a snack. "Hey I'll buy you ice cream. I know a nice cafe nearby." He nodded his head as we headed down  the sidewalk. Tao started to speed up. "Don't walk too fast!" I called out and ran to catch up. My hand unintentionally grabbed his as I got next to him. I let go while apologizing. I shouldn't have thought it was weird. I mean, two close friends holding hands isn't abnormal. Tao giggled and this time he grabbed my hand. I felt butterflies in my stomach at the same time being confused. This was not the first time we held hands in public but why was I feeling so weird? "Sorry my hands are sweaty." I tried to use as an excuse to part hands. He let go and shrugged as if it was nothing. I denied the thought of me starting to have feelings for Tao but it was still on my mind as we entered the cafe.