Chapter 1: Creepy Autumn

Under The Red Cherry Blossoms

It is near Halloween but Juztine still feel its White Day, she’s still floating in the air. Well, that’s every time she sees her long time crush  Kim Kibum,  junior  in the , the school they’re both enrolled;  Hanayo University .He is everybody’s dream guy, even if he seemed so feminine, he has the capacity to stun people even from their  2nd or 3rd meeting.  A plutocrat, and a great dancer, what more can you ask for? This guy that everybody loves has a secret that nobody knew. He’s a vampire.

 

At the classroom:

Juztine: aigoo! Kibum oppa, when will you know that the chocolates came from me? I’ve given you a dozen so why can’t you recognize?

Lizzy:  aish! This girl, how can he know, there are 2,000 students here in the high school dept. and additional 6,000 in the college dept., and do you think he cares?

Hyunah:  there would be many girls who’d given him chocolates, and he might have overlooked yours. That’s why you haven’t received anything from him on white day.

Jun Hyung:  aigoo! You’re really hoping he’ll like you? Yah! I’m here!

Taemin: noona! He’s unreachable!

Juztine: I know, but at least he would acknowledge!

Jonghyun: you’re talking about Valentine’s Day and White day, but soon it would be Halloween, how could you!

Taemin: hyung! We’re just chatting!

Jonghyun:  chatting while eating, huh?

Juztine: waah… oppa! You’re late and you’ll just scold us like this? Treat us for lunch.

Jonghyun: but you’re already eating.

Junhyung:  sunbae! it doesn’t matter, just treat us for lunch!

Jonghyun: Aigoo!  Okay, okay! I’ll treat you all. How much do I have to spend AGAIN?

During class:

Lizzy:  Juztine unni! Have you seen the bulletin board?

Juztine: no, not yet, why?

Seolong:  there’s a poster there that the music arts club us will open for audition later today at the gymnasium, 3pm.

Yoona: do you want to try and audition? I know you can pass it.

Lizzy: it’s impossible for us to pass it because they’re really meticulous in choosing, there are only 17 members in that club, and it would be a great advantage for you if you join.

Seolong: plus you’ll get to see Kibum sunbae as long as you want.

Yoona: neh, you should try.

Hyunah: you think she’ll pass? Aigoo! They choose the best… and I think you’re the best!

Juztine: I don’t think I can do it.

Hyunah: wae? You’re best in playing guitar, have you lost it?

Juztine: aniyo, but I think it would be impossible for me to get in… they have very high qualifications, especially grades.

Lizzy: but you have high grades…

Juztine: but I don’t think I can!

Mr. Kang: yah! Ms. Goo! Please take your seat and don’t shout.  You’re not even listening!

Everybody inside the classroom laughed.

Lizzy: see? We said you can.

Juztine: Araso! Araso! I’ll try. Aigoo!

At the gym:

Mr. Lee: what are you going to do for us?

Juztine: I’ll play the guitar.

Mr. Song: what piece?

Juztine:  From the Beginning until Forever.

Mr. Lee: please play it now.

After the performance:

Mr. Song: tomorrow we’ll post the results in the website of the school and in the bulletin board too.

Juztine: Neh...Thank you seungsengim!

Lizzy: what happened?

Juztine: they said they’ll post the results tomorrow.

The next day:

 A scream was heard from the hallway and it’s coming from Hyunah, Lizzy and Yoona.

Yoona: Juztine! Yah!!!

Lizzy: come to school quick!

Hyunah: give me the phone. Yah! Palli! Look at the bulletin board.

Juztine had arrived.

From the 50 people who auditioned there was only one name posted, and it belonged to Juztine.

Juztine: Andwae! This can’t be! Why? There’s only my name on it! Eotteokhae?

Hyunah: I told you already! You’ll pass!

Junhyung: does that mean you’ll be able to see Kibum sunbae more often? Andwae!

Juztine: wae? You’re not my boyfriend anyway.

Yoona: aigoo! This boy…

It was already dark outside when Juztine saw Kibum, she’s really mesmerized and was barely able to walk, and she’s barely able to speak.

Kibum approached her

Kibum: congratulations! Welcome to the elite music arts club.

Juztine: t...thanks sunbae

Kibum: sunbae? Call me oppa.

Juztine: eh?

Kibum: I said call me oppa.

Juztine: neh, oppa.

Kibum: I’d better go now, bye.

Juztine: neh, sun—oppa.

Juztine rode in her bicycle on her way home, and she’s still on 7th heaven when she heard a sound, something really suspicious and creepy.

She went on a look to find out where the sound is coming from.

She almost fainted when she saw Kibum with fangs and blood in his face and hands.

She tried to scream but no sound came out, Kibum grabbed her and covered .

Kibum: I’ll take my hand away please don’t scream, I won’t hurt you. Okay?

Juztine just nodded.

Kibum: I’ll explain so please don’t run.

Juztine again, nodded.

Kibum: please keep this a secret, please. I am a vampire, but believe me, I don’t drink human blood, only animal’s.

Juztine: I have a question, are you the only one here who’s a vampire?

Kibum: aniyo, all my family members are, but we don’t drink human blood. Don’t worry I will not hurt you. Please keep this a secret. My existence depends on you.

Juztine: I understand. Although I can’t promise to protect you, I will try my very best to keep it a secret.

Kibum: thank you, Juz.

Juztine: Ju—Juz?

Kibum: yeah… I’ll call you Juz starting now. Let’s go.

Juztine: eh?

Kibum: I’ll take you home. It’s dangerous for a girl to walk around Seoul in this time of evening. There are still vampires here who prey on humans.

Juztine: really? But you’re going to bring me home, in that manner? Here, wipe your face and hands first.

Kibum took the water and the towel and washed his face thoroughly.

Kibum: can we go now?

Juztine: neh…

Kibum was the one driving the bicycle while Juztine is behind him. It was the happiest day of her life, she’s the only person permitted to address Kibum as oppa, she’s the only person who knew he’s a vampire, and he’s accompanying her home.

At home:

Juztine: this is the happiest day of my life. Aigoo! I’ll be the first person to call him oppa.

Juztine was talking to a big poster on her bedside, its Lee Hyukjae, an actor.

Juztine: aigoo! Jewel oppa! Eotteokhae? He’s a vampire but I still like him, he even told me to call him oppa. What is he doing to me… oppa!!! Okay… I’ll just sleep. Good night Hyukjae oppa.