Necklace

Necklace and Love

 

                That day, morning begins like usual. Everyone go out from their house and go to their respective place. A girl cycles her bicycle as fast as she can. She says, “Yabai, I already late.”

                The school gate almost closes when she reaches there. She just jumps with her bicycle to get her inside the school compound. The sensei says, “You almost late again, Kurosaki Karina-kun. And you do that dangerous thing again. You’re girl and not boy.”

                “Yeah, I know I’m a girl and not boy but the rule never care about gender. You had said to me before this, right.” Say Karina before leave the sensei.

****************************************

                “At last, you’re here. Wake up late again?” Say Naomi.

                “My family members don’t want to wake me up. They leave me alone at home and only leave lame memo for me.” Say Karina.

                “It because it’s really hard to wake you up. You always with your 5 minute.” Say Yura, her twin sister.

                “She’s not person who want to get up early.” Say Kiriko.

                “It’s so mean, my twin. You are not cute at all.” Say Karina as she takes out books and her pencil case. The lesson begin when sensei get into their class.

**********************************

                Time for lunch break arrives and some of the students run to café. Karina takes her bento box and joins her friends at rooftop. Three of them talk about many things and look around. Suddenly, Yura says, “Wah, they are there again. They play soccer again and he always looks kakkoi.”

                “Yeah, you’re right. I always want to spend time with them.” Say Naomi.

                “Ikemen like them will never look at us. They always have girls chase for them no matter what they do. What you think about them, Karina-chan?” say Yura.

                “Them? Who ‘them’?” ask Karina.

                “We are talking about them.” Say Kiriko as point to a group of boys.

                “Oh. Why don’t you go to them and say you like them. I heard other girls also make like that.” Say Karina.

                “It’s easy to talk but hard to do.” Say Yura.

                “What is so hard about it? Yura-chan like Nakajima-kun while Naomi-chan like Yabu-senpai. Kiriko-chan like Yaotome-senpai.  You guys will never become love rival.” Say Karina as she finishing her bento.

                “We’re not talk about rival but we know we will get reject like other girls.” Say Naomi.

                “You don’t have anyone that you like in Ikemen?” ask Yura.

                “No.” say Karina.

                “That’s fast answer.” Say Naomi. Even Karina answer like that but both of them can see Karina clutch her necklace tightly.

                “You still wait for him?” ask Yura.

                “Who you mean, Yura-chan?” ask Naomi.

                “She still waits for someone who she doesn’t even know when he will come back here. He suddenly leaves this place and forgets about you. You never get any news from him, right?” say Yura.

                “Wow, I never thought that you so loyal in that thing.” Say Kiriko.

                “I’m not like what are you guys thinking.” Say Karina.

*************************

                After school, she goes to take her bicycle before join other at front gate. Four of them head out leaving the school compound. They pass by the field where those Ikemen play soccer. Suddenly, a soccer ball almost hit them but luckily it just hit the fence.

                “Gomen. Are you girls okay?” ask Kota as get near to them.

                “It’s okay… Yabu-senpai. As long we didn’t get hurt, anything okay.” Say Naomi.

                “Ne, minna. We have to hurry up or that café will full and we can’t get place for it.” Say Karina. They just bow slightly before leave Kota at that place.

***************************

                “Wah, he’s so kakkoi. I think this is the first time he talks to me.” Say Naomi.

                “I hope it was Yaotome-senpai who gets near us just now.” Say Kiriko.

                “Me too.” Say Yura. They hope Karina say same thing but she just enjoy her blueberry ice-blended without say anything. They can see he necklace at Karina’s neck.

                “Wah, its pretty necklace. It is love-shaped, right?” say Naomi.

                “Yes, I got this during my birthday and that’s the last time I saw him. Forget about it. I don’t want to remember it again” Say Karina.

                After they done at café, Karina goes to separate way from her friends as she already agree with her cousin to help her at boutique. She rides her bicycle and goes to boutique. As she arrives, her cousin, Hinata says “It’s really good when you say you can help me today. I already think no one can help me today.”

                “Where is your worker?” ask Karina.

                “She has to go back to her hometown as she as emergency at there.” Say Hinata.

                “Oh… I will help what I can help at here.” Say Karina.

******************************

                The work at boutique only end at night. Karina helps Hinata close the boutique and Hinata asks, “You want me to send you back?”

                “No, it’s okay. I already come here with my bicycle.” Say Karina.

                “Hey, let me send you back. It already late and your eyes are not really good at night.” Say Hinata as she really worries about her.

                “It’s okay. I already prepare for it. See you again tomorrow.” Say Karina before ride her bicycle to go back home. She just cycles her bicycle without thinking anything around her.

Suddenly, someone block her way to go back and says, “Miss, it’s not good to cycle at here alone. How about me accompany you?”

“Leave me alone. I have no time for guys like you.” Say Karina.

“Don’t say like that.” Say the guy. He takes chance o grab Karina’s hand and tries to drag her to other place. Karina really hates with it and tries to escape from him.

“Hey, it’s not cool to disturb girl at here. Why don’t you just let her go?” say someone from far and Karina realizes it was Ikemen from her school.

The guy really scared to see them and run away. Karina feels so relieve and take back her bicycle as she says, “Thank you. You guys really help me.”

                “We just at here accidentally. Where is your house? We can send you.” Say Chinen.

                “It’s okay. My house nearby. I can go back by myself.” Say Karina as she rides backs her bicycle and leaves them.

                “It’s that the girl that Keito told us?” ask Kota.

                “Yes, that’s she but it seem she doesn’t remember him anymore.” Say Yuto.

*******************************

                Karina parks her bicycle at her usual spot and get into the house. She goes to her room and changes her clothes. She goes to kitchen to take her dinner before do other job.

                “Ne, Karina-chan. You still need to help Hinata-san at her boutique?” say Yura.

                “I only help her at there until this weekend.” Say Karina.

                “Hey, how about our plan this weekend? We want to go amusement park, right?” say Yura.

                “Gomen. I really want to go but I need to help Hinata-san at her boutique. I really need money right now.” Say Karina.

                “You always like that.” Say Yura.

********************************

                The next day, they go to school like usual and this time, Karina wakes up early. Both of them go to school by taking train. Karina only rides her bicycle if she wakes up late. Both of them join other at train station and go to school together.

                “Wow, you wake up early today.” Say Naomi.

                “Actually, I can’t sleep and it continues until morning. That’s mean I haven’t sleep and it may spoil my mood for today.” Say Karina.

                “Okay, we will not disturb you today.” Say Kiriko. Four of them go to school together and go to their class. Karina just decides to keep herself silent all day as she actually really sleepy on that time. When come to lunch break, Karina decides to go infirmary to get some sleep as she will have work after school.

                “Sumimasen. Can I rest for awhile?” say Karina as she gets into infirmary.

                “Yes, you can. You didn’t sleep last night again?” ask the school nurse.

                “How you know about it?” ask Karina.

                “You only come here if you didn’t get sleep last night. Just sleep and I will wake you up.” Say the school nurse.

                “Thank you.” Say Karina. She gets on to bed and get some sleep. She ignores the noise outside the window.

*****************************************

                A girl waiting for someone not far from the infirmary. After several minute, one of Ikemen reaches there and asks, “What do you want to say?

                “Ano, Okamoto-kun, I really like you since the first time I saw you. Can I become your lover?” say the girl.

                “I’m happy with your confession but I can’t accept it. You deserve for a better guy.” Say Keito.

                “Why? I’m not good enough for you?” ask the girl.

                “It’s not what I mean. I already like a girl but she still can’t see me.” Say Keito.

                “Why you wait for her?” ask the girl.

                “The answer is simple; she’s really special for me.” Say Keito. He leaves the girl alone and notice Karina sleep peacefully at infirmary. He just smiles to see her.

**************************************

                During weekend, Karina gets out from the house and help Hinata at her boutique. She helps Hinata at the cashier as she not really good to help customer to choose clothes. She read magazine to kill time.

                “Karina-chan, I’m hungry right now but I can’t leave here. Can you buy anything for me?” say Hinata.

                “Okay.” Say Karina as she reaches her handbag.

                “Anything but…” say Hinata but Karina cuts her words, “But in low-calorie. I know, just trust me.”

                Karina leaves the boutique and begins her search for food. She knows Hinata really choosy about food as she really takes good care about her body. She found a restaurant that sell food just like what Hinata want and she buys food for both of them.

                On the way back to the boutique, she buys sweets for herself. She notice that Ikemen nearby to the boutique. She just ignores them and get into the boutique. She says, “Hai, this is your food. I put it at back.”

                “Okay. You eat first before continue your work.” Say Hinata. Karina go to back of the boutique and eat her lunch before continue her work.

                She really surprise when some of Ikemen get into the boutique and look around. She can’t ask them leave as it is uni boutique. She just sees they choose the clothes. Keito get near to the cashier and realize Karina still wear the necklace that he gave to her.

                “Nice necklace.” Say Keito.

                “Thank you. I get this from someone that maybe already forgets me.” Say Karina.

                “You’re waiting for him?” ask Keito.

                “Even I still wait for him, it’s not your business.” Say Karina but Keito can read that she still wait for it. He just smiles with it and buy a simple t-shirt from that boutique.

                “They’re your friends?” ask Hinata.

                “Maybe I should say, they are my schoolmate. We never talk until now.” Say Karina.

                “Eh, really? The boy who talks to you remind me to your childhood friend. Do you remember your childhood friend’s name?” say Hinata.

                “I don’t remember. I just remember this necklace was from him. Are you already forget about my accident after my 10th birthday?” say Karina.

                “Gomen, gomen. I totally forget about it.” Say Hinata. She forgets that Karina had involve in an accident and lost some parts of her memory.

                “It’s okay. I bet no one remember about that accident anymore.” Say Karina.

*************************************

                At school, they go to their favorite spot like usual and eat their bento. They talks about random thing and sometimes laugh with it. Suddenly, Kiriko says, “You guys remember next week is our school festival?”

                “Of course I remember. I heard this year there will be dance event but it only limited for those who has tickets for it. Ikemen already bought ticket for that event but I haven’t heard with who they will go with.” Say Naomi.

                “Who care about it? I have to help broadcast club on festival days. If they still need my help, I will become DJ for the dance.” Say Karina as she continues eats her bento while listening to music.

                “EH? You’re gonna help us for our class café?” ask Yura.

                “They already ask me about it since last week. I can’t decline it but they already said if I have things to do, I can tell them.” Say Karina.

                “Ah, it will feel weird if you’re not around during the festival. I already plan that we will be waiter for that day and serve Ikemen when they come to our class’s café.” Say Naomi.

                “You guys just stick to your plan.” Say Karina.

*************************************

                Ikemen stay at a place where no one can disturb them and eat their food. Kota asks, “You guys already know to go to dance with whom?”

                “I will go with my ichigo, Rin-chan.” Say Ryosuke.

                “I will go with Ayumi-chan.” Say Daiki.

                “Me? Of course with my lover.” Say Kei.

                “I want to go that dance with her but I don’t know if she agree with it or not.” Say Keito.

                “You should ask her straight and no in other way.” Say Hikaru.

                “How about you?” ask Chinen.

                “I will ask her on that festival day.” Say Hikaru.

*****************************

                On the festival days, everyone bust with their work. Karina just walks around the festival while holding camera. She gets into her class café and snap several pictures of it. Kiriko asks, “You’re not at broadcast room?”

                “Oh, my turn for it already end and I just need to snap pictures for the festival.” Say Karina.

                “Guys, want to know something. Yabu-senpai asks me for the dance and I accept it.” Say Naomi.

                “Omedettou. That’s mean three of us will go to the dance with Ikemen.” Say Yura.

                “What do you guys mean by that?” ask Karina as she drinks her favorite drink.

                “I will go with Yabu-senpai, Kiriko-chan with Yaotome senpai and Yura-chan will go with Nakajima-kun.” Say Naomi.

                “Great. You guys can enjoy your moment at that night.” Say Karina.

                “Hey, we heard Okamoto-kun keep rejecting girls’ confession who want to be with him for the dance.” Say Yura.

                “No one will want to dance with girl like me. I still busy with my task for make sure the dance will be alright.” Say Karina.

                “Hey, the dance just 3 days from today and we should think what we will wear for the dance.” Say Kiriko.

                “You guys don’t have to worry about it because Karina-chan will help us to choose dress.” Say Yura.

                “I only help you guys if you want me to help.” Say Karina and her friends response that they also need her help.

*****************************************

                Karina really surprise when know about the boys also follow them to find the dress for the girls. She just led them to a boutique and go to racks of clothes. She takes several dresses before gives to the girls as she says, “Try all this and ask the boy which one suitable for you.”

                “You don’t choose dress for the dance?” ask Keito.

                “I don’t need to buy it.” Say Karina.

                “If someone suddenly asks you to go dance with him, what will you do?” ask Keito again.

                “I already stand-by a dress for it.” Say Karina.

                “You want to know something, your face really look like my childhood friend. She also wear same necklace with you.” Say Keito.

                “Oh, I get this necklace from my childhood friend but unfortunately, I didn’t remember anything about him. I only remember I get this necklace on my birthday.” Say Karina.

                “What happen?” ask Keito as he tries to know why Karina forgets about him.

                “I involve in an accident and I lost some of my memories about my childhood friend. My family members doesn’t know about my childhood friend because I always hide it from them.” Say Karina.

                “If your childhood friend appear in front of you, what you would say?” ask Keito.

                “I don’t know how to response to it. I just hope I can know the reason why he haven’t meet me after long time.” Say Karina.

                “You know what, maybe the person who you waited for already in front of your eye but you never realize it.” Say Keito.

                “If it’s real, he must be already telling me. What I remember about him is this necklace and what he called me.” Say Karina.

                “You mean like, he used to call you, ‘Kuro-chan’?” ask Keito.

                Karina really surprise to hear it and says, “How you know about it?”

                “Your necklace was my gift during your birthday. On that day also, I told you that I had to follow my family to move out from Japan but because of that accident, you forget everything. We also agreed that we will meet again after I came back here but you never come to place that we promise. I search for you and at last, I go to same high school with you. We always see each other but you never greet me.” Say Keito.

                “You should tell me earlier about it. I always hope you tell about what I forget to me.” Say Karina. Keito can sees tear in her eyes.

                “I always thought that you already forget me and don’t want to talk to me anymore.” Say Keito.

                “I’m not forgetting you on purpose. I’m sorry.” Say Karina as she cries.

                Keito pulls her to his shoulder and says, “If you want to cry, I will cover it for you. As long you remember who is me, I’m okay with it.” Both of them stay at that position for several minutes. Their friends just smile to see it

*********************************************

                On that dance, Keito wait for Karina at in front of the dance hall. He already offers to fetch her but Karina said that she will go to dance hall with her twin sister. Everyone can see Keito really nervous wait in front of the dance hall.

                “Relax, dude.” Say Kota.

                After several minutes, a car arrives and everyone can see Keito’s smile to see it. He gets near and helps Karina to get out from the car. Karina wears one-shoulder black dress that she bought with Keito on the day she knows back who is Keito.

                “You look beautiful.” Say Keito as he kisses Karina’s hand.

                “Arigatou.” Say Karina as her blush.

                They enjoy the night at the dance. Everyone happy to see both of them happy on that night. After several years not to meet and talk like when they still kids, they meet again and become lover that no one can replace.

                “I always hear that you reject many girls’ confessions. Why you do that?” ask Karina.

                “It is because I already have someone in my heart who is you. Ah, I really happy today because I can reunite with my childhood friend again.” Say Keito.

                “I also happy because I never thought it was you who I always see and I… happy to be with you.” Both of them kiss and enjoy their dance.