Lie

When it Comes to Lying, I am the Best

Seohyun was a expert liar. She could make any story sound like the truth. She could hide the truth and bury it in her pocket of lies. I guess some people could go as far to consider it a skill. With her sparkling and innocent eyes, people believed her words without any hesitation at all. Like she had the ability to hypnotize them into thinking what she the words she spoke were nothing but the truth. Sadly, that wasn't true. Seohyun lied about things. Her main lie was about love. The sad thing she had to do was lie that she has never truthfully loved.

Kyuhyun was also a very skillful liar. He could hide the truth by twisting the situation he was in in some way. The things that came out of his mouth would sound like something that was true. As if people thought he was not able to lie (Beside the Super Junior members (they can't tell whether he's lying all the time)). His adorable and cute smile would kill everyone's supicions. It was like he had magic at the ends of his fingers. A mystical power to make everybody trust him and his haunting words. He didn't have to lie often though. The only thing Kyuhyun really had to lie about was love.

No matter what happened, they must keep their relationship secret from the world. The interviewers, the host of variety shows, fans and papparazzi. It doesn't matter what the situation was like, they're secret couldn't be exposed. Not now. In the future, they will let it out. Not now though. It can't be right now. Seohyun and Kyuhyun were liars. They lie on TV. They lie to their sunbaes. They like to their unnies and hyungs. They lie to their managers. They lie to their fans. They lie to their friends. The truth can't be told now.

The only way for them to love was to lie. Their whole world was built on that lie. 'I do not love and I am not currently loving.'


Now, there was a episode of Strong Heart (Real show. I do not own) where Super Junior and Girls' Generation were on the same episode (I'm not sure if they ever appeared together. Made it up). Kyuhyun and Seohyun were seated next to each other. They desperately tried not to gaze into each other's never-ending eyes. Because if they did, they surely wouldn't be able to stop and bring themselves to reality.

"How many members are there in Girls' Generation?" Asked Hodong.

"We have nine." Taeyeon replied politely.

And in those nine, how many are dating?" Hodong asked. Seunggi

"Um..." Taeyeon was hesitant to answer and smiled awkwardly. The current couples she knew of were Hyoyeon and Hyukjae, Jessica and Heechul, Tiffany and Donghae, Sooyoung and Siwon, Sunny and Sungmin, Yesung and Yuri, herself and Leeteuk (These are just pairings I ship >o<. And for the members I didn't use, you can make it up). Awkwardly the Super Junior members' and Girls' Generation members' eyes looked at each other.

"So there is somebody..." Seunggi said with a slight smirk.

"As in dating or a simple crush?" Sunny asked.

"Any." Seunggi said.

"I'm not sure. Nobody tells me anything." Sooyoung joked, earning laughter in both the audience and the stage.

"What about it Super Junior? How many members are there?" Hodong asked.

"We have 15 members." Leeteuk smiled innocently.

"And in those 15, how many are dating?" Hodong asked as the silence once again, slowly crept forward.

"Well, some of the members broke up with their girlfriends a few weeks ago to make sure there was nothing to talk about. They keep saying 'It's so sad.', and things like that." Heechul said, raising suspicions of the audience and also laughter.

"Well, just know that it is less than the majority." Kyuhyun said with a smile which caused 'ooohs', killing any suspicions that it was him. He had learnt to lie. Seohyun smiled to herself slightly. Kyuhyun was really good at making people think he wasn't in a relationship. Kyuhyun riskily gazed towards Seohyun was she quickly returned it. It was as if they were invisible, nobody noticed as they looked away from each other's eyes.

"Seohyun. You are the maknae of Girls' Generation. Am I correct?" Seunggi asked as Seohyun nodded with a gentle smile.

"Yes. I am the maknae of Girls' Generation." Seohyun replied with her usual and polite language.

"Have you... experienced love?" Seunggi asked as Seohyun's eyes widened a little. She felt Kyuhyun's sad smile from the side. His eyes looking at her with understanding. His eyes said 'Lie. It's alright. Even if I get sad. Lie.' Seohyun breathed in heavily before answering.

"I haven't experienced the feeling of love yet. I would like to though." Seohyun said, people believing every word she spoke.

"Ah. I see. What were you thinking? She's still innocent." Hodong said to Seunggi as he bowed slightly in a apologetic manner. They didn't notice the tears shining on Kyuhyun's eyes that would never fall. A sad smile plastered onto his face. Seohyun turned to him and offered a sincere smile. Kyuhyun smiled back, it made him feel better. Even though being in the entertainment world was very blessing, it came with curses. The curse of throwing away love.

"What about a first kiss?" Seunggi asked. She had kissed Kyuhyun many times.

"I haven't had my first kiss yet." Seohyun smiled shyly, earning 'awww's around the room.

"What about Kyuhyun? You are also the maknae. How many girls have you kissed?" Hodong asked as Kyuhyun laughed awkwardly. 'Lie. Lie that I wasn't your only kiss.' Was what Seohyun's eyes told him.

"Four." Kyuhyun said. It was a believable number. Also, it sounded like the truth.

"So, you seem to have much experience with girls." Hodong said as Kyuhyun sat awkwardly.

"I've never seen even one of Kyuhyun's girlfriends." Leeteuk stated suddenly, making Kyuhyun sigh.

"Really?" Seunggi asked.

"I don't really bother introducing my girlfriends to my friends." Kyuhyun lied, covering up suspicion.

Hmm.. He does seem like the type to keep things to himself." Hodong said as he moved onto a different topic.


After the recording of Strong Heart, Kyuhyun waited outside of the building. He had told the members he had to go somewhere and thus, they left without him. He was lingering in the memories. It was as if his whole life were built on a single lie. Slowly, Seohyun exited the building and saw Kyuhyun standing there.

 

"I love you." Seohyun spoke.

"I love you." Kyuhyun replied.

Slowly and calmly, after those words were spoken, the lies vanished into nothing.