Meeting an old Friend

Race [One Shot]

This chapter has swearing in it...  So i'm sorry if it offends anyone..

________

Long dusty dirt road was all I could see in front of my brothers Porsche 911. I remember finding him dead next to the front wheel, with various bottles of pills surrounding around his slumped body and a note scrawled on the garage floor saying how sorry he was to leave me with our parents and saying the car was mine. I knew he instantly died by the amount of empty pill bottles surrounded him that day, having the car he drove helped heal the emptiness I had in my heart.  The sky’s vibrant blue sky was slowly changing into hues of orange and red as the sun started to set on the horizon, the humid wind blows around my light blonde hair as my hand tighten around the steering wheel, with my stomach churning out of nerves.  I let out a shaky breath of air as I thought about who I was racing tonight who I would never think even step foot into the racing scene. Seunghyun was my best friend during primary school but it changed when we entered high school, he became popular and I hung around people who I shouldn’t have.  I didn’t think he’d become my new opponent in this game of cat and mouse.  Seunghyun was the last person who I would have wanted to race against, especially since he is one of the best rookie racers the town has ever seen. I knew if I didn’t agree to race, the humiliation I would face was worse than having to face my childhood friend.  The engine roared as I shifted gears, feeling the vibrations through the seat, a small smile spread across my face as the engine roared again.  My smile disappeared as I got drawn back into my own mind, my thoughts tangling with one another. I silently hoped Seunghyun had changed from the that ruined my life two years ago, but a small part of my mind said that he hasn’t. 

 

I pushed my foot down hard on the accelerator sending the short platinum blonde locks around my face as I swiftly changed gears as I over took a few families travelling on the empty desert highway.  Loud screams and music echoed out along the highway as I turned into one of the long endless driveways. People scattered out of the way as I drove through the masses of people from school, seniors and juniors from other schools also moved out of the way as I came to a complete stop.  Another broken sigh escaped my lips as I shut off the engine; my eyes glanced around the lot seeing the other racers cars and the people, who stood around them.  I sighed again and pulled open my door, my boot cladded foot touched the sandy ground as I slide out of the metallic blue Porsche and slammed the driver’s door shut;  I crossed my long arms covered in arm bands and bracelets over my chest and lend against the side of the door, trying to calm the nerves pulsing through my veins.  A smirk appeared along my lips as a hot dry wind swept over the area as the sun sat just above the horizon sending the sky into deeper shades of red and orange. 

 

“Hey kid” a light voice said from my left, I grinned as I recognized the voice

 

“I didn’t think you’d come” I said as I looked into the elders dark brown eyes before throwing my arms around his neck.

 

“Did you really think I wasn’t going to come and watch you race against Seunghyun after what he put you threw? And I wanted to see how you were doing after Tae” he replied as he pulled me out of the embrace and ruffled my blonde locks, a grin spread across my face a slapped his hand away.

 

“I’m doing fine Kris. Parents don’t care but it’s always been like this” I mumbled as I looked back over at the setting sun, noticing Seunghyun’s black Ferrari. I glanced over at the car quickly taking in a few of the small dints and scratches on the bonnet and front windshield, a laugh fell from my lips as I shook my head before turning to face my friend.

 

“Good luck Jiyong. I’ll try and find you after the race” Kris whispered into my ear before he ruffled my hair again and walked back into the crowd.  I caught Seunghyun’s cocky smirk on his lips and rolled my eyes looking away as Seungri’s voice echoed through the speakers.

 

“Alright! Shut up! Choi and Kwon get into your cars and go over to where the two lovely ladies are standing with the flags.  The race will start in a few minutes” Seungri said through the microphone before forcefully shoving it back into a techies hand. A small sigh escaped my lips as I tore open the driver’s door and slid back into the car, twisting the key letting the engine rumble to life again. I slammed the door shut before pressing my boot covered foot against the pedal, letting the engine rumble as I drove towards where the black Ferrari was sitting.  I gripped onto the wheel a bit tighter as I came to a complete stop next to my ex friend, I let out a shaky breath as put my elbow up on the window ledge and let go of the wheel.  Seungri stood in the middle of both our cars, he glanced over at Seunghyun and then at me before he started to talk.

 

“I really don’t want to say this even though I am both of your friends but… No harsh play, no hitting each other’s cars, no cheating” Seungri glared mainly at Seunghyun and looked in my direction before he started talking again

 

“And I have no idea what happened between you two but out here on this track its dangerous at night than during the day and I don’t want either cars coming back as a pile of ”

 

“Have you looked at your friends lately? Dints all over Seunghyun’s pathetic excuse of a car” I spat at Seungri and Seunghyun.

 

“At least mine isn’t a brand new piece of from my dead brother” Seunghyun hissed in my direction. A small growl grew at the back of my neck as I glared at Seunghyun

 

“You have no ing idea what happened to my brother.  You are still the I became friends!”  I half spat, half growled out as I glared into his eyes.

 

“Don’t ing provoke each other” Seungri spat at both of us before continuing his little rant.

 

“One more rule. There are lights and people all around the course. So please don’t hit them, I don’t need a death tonight” he added before he the ball of his feet and grabbed black and white flag from one of his pockets and held it above his head.  I grabbed onto the wheel and pushed my foot slightly down on the pedal letting the engine rumble out. I took a quick glance toward Seunghyun before pushing my foot back down on the accelerator, hearing the screams from the people lingering around the track. I looked up at Seungri who had a smirk across his face as he dropped the flag. I pushed my foot down on the accelerator and let the car lurch forward and past Seungri, I laughed lightly as I looked over in Seunghyun’s direction. I quickly changed gears as I drifted around the corner with the black Ferrari not too far behind me as I watch the dust cloud expand behind both our cars. My hand smashed against the bar from Seunghyun ramming into the side of my car, I hissed and caught my bottom lip in between my teeth as I shifted into another gear as a set of dim lights lit up as the mountains came into view. Seunghyun nudged the back of my car against as I drifted around another corner, almost losing control of the car as he raced past with a smirk on his lips. I smashed my hands against the steering wheel as I pushed my foot down on the accelerator, racing to catch up. A frustrated growl escaped my lips as I smashed the side of my car into the side of the Ferrari before we turned around the last corner; I nudged the side of his car again breaking the back windscreen, spending shards of glass across the front of my car and along the ground.  

 

“” I swore softly as Seunghyun crossed the line. I sighed angrily as I stopped the car a little bit away from Seunghyun’s even more dinted car. My little finger was throbbing as I pulled open the car door and let my legs fall out of the open door onto the cold desert ground.  I pulled myself out of the car, slamming the door shut before running my hand along the side of the car, feeling the large dints and scratches. I laughed softly as someone grabbed onto my arm and pulled me away from my damaged car.

 

“Let go of me, Tao” I whined as I struggled to get out of his grip

 

“I wish I would but Seungri and Daesung are both pissed off at you and Seunghyun” Tao hissed over his shoulder as he pulled me in front of a very furious looking Seungri and Daesung, I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest, glaring daggers at Seunghyun who had a smug smile on his face.

 

“Both of you are unbelievable! Your both like children when someone says don’t do something you go and do it anyway!  I see why I shouldn’t give either you the ten thousand dollars.”  Seungri gritted through clenched teeth.

 

“Choi ing started it Seungri! Don’t even think about blaming me for this” I spat

 

“You retaliated! So yes it is your fault as well Kwon” Daesung yelled

 

“Oh Choi! Thank you so much for the ing dints!”

 

“You welcome Kwon” Seunghyun spat into my face.  I growled as I slammed him against his car, punching him in the face and hearing a sicking crack of his nose breaking.

 

“You owe me five thousand Choi for this race and another five thousand for my car!! The next time we cross paths and I still don’t have my money I would be as nice” I hissed into his ear before I slammed him back up against his car, letting go of his shirt. I growled at anyone who wouldn’t move out of my way as I walked back through the crowd of people , I opened my car door and slammed it shut as I started the engine again, a dust cloud came behind my car as I sped off into the night, making my long journey back to the city.