Phase 2A: Recoil---Call it Karma

Counter-clockwise (NEW)

 

Phase 2

Phase 2A: Recoil---Call it Karma

10:15 am, Mirai University High School Sector. 16th floor. Room 1-C.

Literature Class…Oh, it’s Teacher Yuri’s class-the hot but strict teacher in glasses (and always wears tight blouses and mini skirt…sometimes, jersey), who also happens to be the basketball coach

Seung Gi stealthily snuck in their room. He is late, after all, and he is bound to go hellish punishment if ever he was caught, since he was always late. In the seat near the door, Mario was talking to his best friend. Seung Gi dropped his bag onto Mario’s lap and glared at Mario. Mario left the seat at once.

Felix smiled at Seung Gi.

“ers! I thought I’m really gonna be late. So, bro, what’s up?” Seung Gi greeted Felix with his loud voice.

A whistle resonated.

“Lee Seung Gi! You’re coming to my office later.” Teacher Yuri shouted. It surprised Seung Gi. He really thought he had avoided punishment, since all of his classmates are in the usual mess, spouting nonsense to each other, and the teacher is nowhere to be found.

It turns out-the class is having a by-pair discussion for their upcoming literature project and the teacher is at the back, observing.

“Maurer, Mario! Take a seat already!” The teacher scolded Mario too, who was just only forced out of his seat by Seung Gi. Seung Gi took Mario’s seat since it is the closest to the door.

Mario took Seung Gi’s place-the seat next to Dara.

“Our Literature project will be creating a short story. It will be done by pair, Lee-san. And I am your partner.” The girl, whose face is covered by her hair, told him. Seung Gi had no time to contemplate. Dara was supposed to be his partner, yet, he chose this cursed seat. Now he lost the chance to pair up with Dara in this project.

“Wait. Short story?! Isn’t it a little bit too early?” Seung Gi seems to have voiced out his thoughts.

“Yeah. Sensei (Teacher) told us that we couldn’t slack off and put this off just because winter break is near. She’ll be checking our drafts every week.” The girl said.

If this is already the Short Story project…then…don’t tell me…Seung Gi thought as his eyes widened in shock. This shouldn’t be happening, he told himself as he stared at the girl

“By the way, thanks…for yesterday.” Rina gave back the handkerchief. Rina saw Seung Gi’s unreadable face expression. There was a hint of disgust (or what she thought was disgust), so she became shy and self-conscious. “I…I handwashed it yesterday, don’t worry, it won’t smell.”

“I…It…Itt…It’s all yours.” Seung Gi said.  He put his wounded left finger on his chin and avoided Rina’s gaze-avoided her chocolate brown eyes. Rina was very grateful, not because it is an expensive handkerchief, but because of what it means to her.

“By the way, since your writing hand is injured and all, I’ll take care of the drafts by myself.” Rina stared at Seung Gi’s hand with pure concern.

As Rina scribbled, Seung Gi wrote in his diary (his handwriting is a mess since his hand is injured and all): Phase C went earlier than expected. The whole mission is probably jeopardized. What should I do?

 

Seung Gi kept silent and meaningfully stared at Rina. She looks pretty cute when she’s busy writing. Then, Rina looked at him and caught his eye. I bet she’s pretty if she tied her hair like Jasmine. But of course, she’s nowhere near as pretty as me.

 

Seung Gi took a while to realize that it wasn’t his thoughts he was hearing. It was Jasmine. He furiously wrote: Being invisible doesn’t mean you could roam around and disturbs someone’s class. What if somebody else sees or hears you?

 

”Sorry. Can’t read.” Jasmine said. “Besides, you should help your partner do the project instead of staring blankly and fantasizing about your Dara. Cute little Dara is busy herself. You’ll melt her if you stare at her for too long”

 

Seung Gi sighed and noticed that Mario has been glaring at him. So Mario wanted Rina to be his partner. It seems that Rina is naïve. One look at the way Mario stares at her gives away how much Mario wanted to be with her.

While Teacher Yuri was looking away, Seung Gi made his move towards Mario to reclaim his rightful place-to be Dara’s partner in this project. He stepped on something-oh, it’s a Geek-Zone Magazine latest issue. Nonetheless, it crumbled under Seung Gi’s branded shoes. Jasper, the owner of the geek magazine sobbed about it, vowing revenge. Finally, Seung Gi reclaimed his rightful place.

“Oh, it’s Seung Gi. Thank goodness, but is it okay? Switching partners just like that?” Dara asked.

“It’s okay, Dara. Besides this is my seat, after all. Did that loser bug you?”

“Eh? Nn…no, not at all. It’s just that…he seems uncomfortable with me. He kept staring at your way as if he has some kind of sick grudge against you. Perhaps you were a little harsh on him earlier.”

“It can’t be help. Teacher Yuri mustn’t find out that I am late.” Seung Gi reasoned out with an alibi.

“What happened on the way, Seung Gi? We left at the same time, didn’t we?”

“We were just caught up, that’s all. And I insisted on buying some snacks.”Seung Gi admitted.

“Oh. You should’ve come earlier at the cemetery. I could’ve shared my Mom’s favorite bibimbap. My Mom likes it even more when I cook it.” Dara blabbed on.

Seung Gi acted as if he was still interested. Dara kept talking about this earlier at the cemetery. It can’t be helped. Dara feels so comfortable to open up to Seung Gi.

“Why were you even on the cemetery earlier?”

“Dara I told you earlier…”

“Yeah. I’m sorry.” Dara chuckled to cover up her embarrassment. “But if you want to see me, you could’ve called me in a better place… I mean anytime would be okay.”

“I just thought it would be special to you, since you kept talking excitedly about visiting your Mom’s grave…So I figured, why not see you there?”

“Really…thanks.”

Seung Gi just nodded.

“Ah…”

“Hmm?” Seung Gi put his chin under his left hand and stared at Dara, intent to listen to more of her repetitive stories.

“I’m sorry, am I too talkative?” Dara avoided Seung Gi’s gaze.

“No, it’s fine.”

“Say…Seung Gi?”

“Hmmm?”

“Don’t you think Mario likes Rina?”

-----

“…sweet? He really let me keep this handkerchief!” Rina blabbed on carelessly, telling Mario how her ‘secret admirer’ supposedly let her keep a really expensive handkerchief, which was obviously Seung Gi’s.

“May I see the letter? The one that your secret admirer sent you.” Mario asked, intent to know just how much Rina liked Seung Gi already.

“Letter?” Sweat dripped down Rina’s fluffy cheeks. “I…don…I…I …I can’t. It’s..it’s…It’s only between the two of us…”

“I see.” Mario said. “It’s such a waste, though. I could’ve told you how the guy felt while writing the letter.”

“Really? How?”

“How? You ask me? Through the handwriting, of course.” Mario said. But of course, this is a total bluff, hoping Rina would stop talking about the ‘fake’ secret admirer. The one who always sends her letters as her ‘secret admirer’ was none other than Mario, of course.

“Amazing! Don’t worry, I’ll show you his next letter.”

“What difference does this letter make?”

“And Mario, I’ll tell you, my secret admirer really had some sick sense of humor. But at least he seems to know a little about art. And he’s a very caring person…a gentleman. You wouldn’t believe how quick he wrapped my wounds with..”

“Wound? Are you hurt somewhere…And are you telling me you actually met this guy…”

Rina’s now sweating too badly. She looked away from Mario. She really is a bad liar. “I’m sorry. I must’ve mixed my dreams with reality again. Really, I’m sorry for having you listen to that.” Rina said, while she gently caressed the wound on her foot.

Meanwhile, Hale poked Mario on the stomach and passed on a note saying: You must find out who this secret admirer is.

Mario wrote back: Of course it’s me

Hale: No. The one Rina’s talking about. She’s talking like crazy about it last night, I couldn’t sleep.

Mario: No worries. I’ll be Rina’s partner

Hale: So? I’ll give you a hint. That hanky is vvvery expensive

Mario: That brat!!!

Hale: If you don’t want to lose Rina, you must confess already like a real man!

Mario: I will, don’t worry. Now that we’re part…

Before Mario finished writing, Teacher Yuri scolded him. “Maurer, go back to your seat.”

“Bbb…but…this is my seat!” Mario talked back.

“No buts. I’ve already recorded the previous pairs.” Teacher Yuri said. “Lee Seung Gi!”