Happy Birthday, Lee Hyukjae!

A Happy Birthday

“Lee Hyukjae, would you take Lee Chaerin as your wife?”

 

Hyukjae smiled his gummy smile, “I do.”

 

“And you, Lee Chaerin. Would you take Lee Hyukjae as your husband?”

 

Hyukjae waited with a smile as his soon-to-be wife bit her lips and shyly looked up at him. She looked so cute that Hyukjae wanted to squeeze her forever. His heart was beating faster in anticipation when Chaerin opened to say something, say ‘I do’! Please say ‘I do’!!

 

However, the moment his beautiful should-be-wife-now opened , it’s not the sentence ‘I do’that he heard.

 

But a loud, annoying, piercing ringingsound.

 

Wait, ringing sound—

 

Hyukjae’s eyes snapped open before he closed them back again and buried his face into his pillow, groaning in annoyance. He gripped the pillow tighter when the alarm placed on the nightstand kept screaming and urging him to wake up. Screaming in frustration, Hyukjae pushed himself up, grabbed the alarm and threw it to the door.

 

Except that Kyuhyun happened to enter the room at the same time the ringing alarm clock flew across the room.

 

Luckily, the maknae’s fast reflexes of dodging the flying, loud piece of metal saved his (cuteßDonghae) face from being the victim of Hyukjae’s Deathly-Flying-Alarm-Clock. Kyuhyun glared at the older male who buried back his body under the covers as if he didn’t just almost damage Kyuhyun’s face.

 

“Yah, Lee Hyukjae!!”

 

Hyukjae groaned in reply, fuming Kyuhyun more. The maknae stomped towards the dancer and jerk away his covers, revealing Lee Hyukjae in boxers.

 

“Oh my god!!!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, throwing the covers on top of Hyukjae. “Yah, be decent will you!?”

 

“You’re the one barging into MY room. I can do whatever I want in MY room, okay? Besides, call me ‘hyung’,” Hyukjae muttered and Kyuhyun scowled at the smirk formed on the dancer’s face.

 

“Okay, fine.” Kyuhyun said. He turned around to leave the room and stopped at the door, “I just wanted to wish you ‘Happy Birthday’. But since you’re going to sleep like a log, I guess it’s no use celebrating,” he dramatically sigh and before he could exited the room, he felt someone pulling his wrist to turn him around and cupped his face. He squeezed his eyes shut because of the pain of someone crushing his cheeks and when he opened them again, he met with a beaming Hyukjae.

 

“IS IT TODAY!? IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!??” the dancer asked, his eyes shining and his face beaming. Before Kyuhyun could answer or maybe nod, the dance pulled him into a bone-crushing hug while jumping in happiness.

 

“Oh God, it is!! It’s my birthday!! Woooohoooo!!” Hyukjae let go of Kyuhyun to jumped around his room before jumping on his bed and started silly-dancing.

 

No wonder people called him monkey, Kyuhyun thought as he massaged his redden cheeks because of Hyukjae’s abused. He sighed when he felt someone hugged him from behind, a small smile crept on his face.

 

“Why is Hyukjae so loud?” his lover, Donghae asked while nuzzling his nose behind Kyuhyun’s neck, making the maknae shivered slightly.

 

“It’s his birthday,” Kyuhyun answered simply and Donghae hummed in response. Kyuhyun dodge when a pillow flew across the room and hit on Leeteuk’s face who happened to peek into Hyukjae’s room to check why was the Super Junior’s dance so loud in the morning.

 

“We’d better leave before he threw another deadly thing,” Kyuhyun said as he dragged himself and his still clinging boyfriend to somewhere safer, leaving Hyukjae and his silly but dangerous dance.

 

--

 

Hyukjae was happy.

 

It was his birthday, and the all SM artists celebrated it with him. He received a lot of presents from his group members (surprisingly, even from Kyuhyun and Heechul who sent it from the military), SNSD, TRAX, Dana, Sunday, Homin, SHINee and f(x). He even got presents given by his loyal ELFs and his other friends had wished him on Twitter or sent him birthday cards.

 

But still, something is missing.

 

He still hadn’t got a present or a birthday wish from his girlfriend, Chaerin.

 

“Maybe she forgot,” Kyuhyun had said with that smug smile on his face with Donghae snickering, but Hyukjae, being the stubborn brat he is, refused to believe it.

 

Maybe she’ll surprise me later, Hyukjae thought, nodding at his own thought. Besides, Chaerin must be busy because 2NE1 just released their Japanese album and they were also making their US album with Black Eyed Peas’s Will.I.Am.

 

So she must be busy.

 

But that doesn’t means she forgot.

 

Right?

 

--

 

Right.

 

She’s totally forgot his birthday.

 

The reason, you ask?

 

Hyukjae just received a small present from 2NE1 members.

 

With a card written,

 

Happy birthday, Lee Hyukjae! This is a small present from us; Dara noona, Bom noona and maknae Minji!

 

P/S: We wanted to apologize on behalf of our Pudong (Chaerin) because she forgot about your birthday. Please forgive her, neh? She’s very busy lately with 2NE1 upcoming album :) She loves you, you know that, right?

 

Hyukjae had frozen in shock, Chaerin forgot my birthday!? while Kyuhyun couldn’t stop laughing behind him after the maknae had snatched and read the card.

 

Pouting, Hyukjae glared behind him before stomping to his room and slammed the door close, ignoring Kyuhyun’s even louder laugh.

 

--

 

(11:15PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text : It’s my birthday.

--

 

(11:15PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: You know that, right?

--

 

(11:17PM)

From: Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text : Are you mad at me?

 

--

 

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

(11:20PM) Text : Please reply!! *whine*

(11:22PM) Text : Pretty please~!?

(11:26PM) Text : IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!

---

(11:27PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text : Did you forgot?

--

 

(11:27PM)

From: Monkey oppa

To: Chaerin bb~

Text: Please tell me you didn’t!!


--

 

(11:28pm)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: Please don’t let Kyuhyun be right!!

--

 

(11:28PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: Please, please, please~!

 

--

 

(11:31PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: It’s okay if you didn’t surprise me.

--

 

(11:32PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: If you ask me what I want, I’ll tell you.

--

 

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

(11:32PM)Text: Then, you can buy me my present

(11:32PM)Text:and I’ll kiss you and thank you

(11:33PM)Text:and we can be happy ever after :))
 


--

 

(11:36PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: So, please reply~ :(

--

 

(11:40PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text:...

--

 

(11:40PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: I’m sulking now… So, I won’t talk to you. Bye.

--

 

(11:50PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: Baby I’m sorry~ I didn’t mean it… I luv you.

 

--

(11:50PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: You know that I luv you, right?

 

--

(11:5PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: u don’t love me anymore bb?? :(

 

---

(11:52PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: but I luv you soooo much!!

---

(11:53PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: u know how much?

---

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

 (11:53PM)Text: I luv you soooooooooooo much!

(11:53PM) Text: more than anything!

(11:53PM) Text: more than u luv me

(11:55PM) Text: more than me luving ELFs (it’s a secret >.<)

(11:55PM) Text: more than Kyuhae luv (bleh, I can assure you that)

(11:55PM) Text: bb, I luv you so much

(11:56PM) Text: so much that I’ll die for you

 

--

(11:58PM)

From: Chaerin bb~

To: Monkey oppa

Text: Really?

 

--
 

(11:58PM)
From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: YES!! IT’S TRUE!! I LUV U SOOOO MUCH!! *kisses*

 

--

 

(11:58PM)
From : Chaerin bb~

To : Monkey oppa a.k.a Idiot

Text: -__- u r an idiot

 

--

 

(11:59PM)

From : Monkey oppa

To : Chaerin bb~

Text: I’m your idiot~ :))

 

--

 

(12:00AM)

From : Chaerin bb~

To : Monkey oppa a.k.a Chaerin’s Idiot

Text: Look outside.

 

--

 

Jumping from his bed, Hyukjae hurried to the veranda. He gripped the railing and looked frantically to search for his lover. His eyes then widen at the sight below him.

 

There she was, the badass Lee Chaerin, his beloved, looking up at him with a smile on her face. But it’s not just that. She was holding her phone on her left hand and in her right hand; she was holding a handful of love shaped balloons written Happy Birthday on each of them.

 

He counted the balloons, 27 of them.

 

What’s more, she was standing in the middle of beautifully lit candles that had been arranged to form a sentence.

 

사랑해, My Monkey Boy.

 

Before Chaerin could open to say something, Hyukjae already bolted out of the dorm and went outside with a thin white wife-beater, a pant and slippers. He was panting in front of her because he couldn’t wait for the elevator and decided to run all the way to her, but a wide gummy-smile still on his face.

 

Chaerin smiled at her lover, and the smile turned into a grin and her eyes turned into crescents, “Happy Birthday!”

 

After the sentence escaped her lips, she was pulled into a bone-crushing hug by Hyukjae. Startled, the balloons slipped from her grip and Chaerin tried desperately to reach for them, but no avail since Hyukjae was still holding her tightly.

 

“Yah, your balloons!!” the female rapper said, hitting his back lightly.

 

“It’s okay, I just need you as my present,” the dancer said, holding his lover tighter. He sniffed her scent; strawberry and Americano, weird but he loved it. “I love you.”

 

Chaerin stilled upon hearing the sentence. She let her hands dropped to her side as she stared at the flying balloons. Then, a small, silly smile broke on her face and she shyly hugged Hyukjae back and buried her face into his muscular shoulder, a muffled ‘I love you too’ was heard a minute later.

 

They stayed like that, relishing the moment. It’s been a few weeks since they last hug like this (when Chaerin suddenly went to SM building and told Hyukjae that he’s hers) and Hyukjae missed her so much. They only exchange a few simple but meaningful calls and messages and being able to hold each other close like this made them happy.

 

“It’s already 5 April… It’s not my birthday,” Hyukjae muttered into Chaerin’s hair.

 

“Oh, shut up.”

 

Hyukjae grinned, not affected at all. He hugged the female rapper tighter before lifting her up and swung her around like he always did when he’s happy, earning a squeaked yelp from the female. Hyukjae laughed as he swirled around and Chaerin couldn’t help but to laugh as well and the two lovers’ laughter echoed through the empty night.

 

“IT’S THE BES LATE BIRTHDAY EVER!!” Hyukjae screamed through the laughter.

 

--

 

“Aish, they’re too loud…” Kyuhyun grumbled as he made his way to the bed, but with a small smile on his lips. He buried himself underneath the covers, trying to find the warmth of his boyfriend.

 

“He sounded happy,” Donghae said sleepily, pulling Kyuhyun to his chest and the maknae sighed in bliss. He hummed in response, “Yeah, he is.” Donghae smiled when he felt the maknae smiled, he knew Chaerin had planned this with Kyuhyun to surprise Hyukjae and he felt happy and proud knowing how much the maknae loves his hyungs.

 

“Will you do the same for my birthday?” he asked and received a light smack on his bare chest.

 

“Oh, shut up,” Kyuhyun said and a grin broke on his face when Donghae laughed and held him tighter.

 


 

A/N: it’s late huh? Oh it’s late…. OHHH!!!!! I tried to finish this on time, but…. Gosh I’m too busy!!

 

Welll…. Hope u guys enjoy this…. :)

 

Comment and subscribe~