会议起光

How to Have a Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Junmi, slow down your horses!" I ran towards my best friend, Baek Junmi. I was out of breath by the time I caught up with her. Honestly, she could be a track star.

"Jeez, Seungyeon, you scared me!" She pushed my arm lightly. Or at least, it was light to her. It actually hurt.

I rubbed my arm with a pout on my face, "You're way too strong for such a small person."

Baek Junmi has been my best friend since my first year at Sangin High School. Truthfully, my family was too poor to afford education, so I had no choice but to study my off for a scholarship. The thing about Sangin is that it cared a lot about money. To these kids, you're not important unless you have a mansion, three swimming pools, and a black card. I couldn't afford one of those things even if I worked everyday in my life. Baek Junmi was rich, just like the other kids, but she never used her wealth to her benefit. She didn't brag about the expensive branded bags she carried or made people feel bad about the cheap outfit they were wearing. She's my best friend, and I tell her everything. She has never spilled my secrets, and I'm so grateful to have her by my side.

"Not my fault," she laughed as we linked arms.

For someone who was only five-one, she was abnormally strong for her height.

We walked down the hall chit-chatting as we made our way to the math classroom.

"So, how's your family?" Junmi asked with sincere concern.

I faked a small smile at her, "My parents are holding up pretty well. They're going job hunting again."

Despite Junmi being my best friend, I don't want to burden her about my financial issues. After all, it's my problem, not hers. She shouldn't have to worry about it.

Junmi sighed, "Seungyeon, I already told you! Your parents are totally free to work in my dad's doctor office. They can be assistants. I could ask my dad for a favor..."

I frowned, "Junmi, you've already done so much for me. How am I supposed to repay you?"

Junmi rested her small hand on my shoulder, "You don't have to repay friendship, you know."

I smiled at her, "I know. Just...thank you." 

Us being girls, we laughed it off and changed the topic to the math homework from last night until we arrived to class.

 

 

I packed the notes I needed to review tonight into my backpack and shut the locker. Junmi hopped over to me and linked my arm with hers. "Let's go!"

I followed her as we exited out the door. We made it down the steps and slowly approached the huge crowd of girls near the school

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter