Chapter 1

Angel And Mortal

 

 

'' Can someone tell me what's the exact meaning of 'angel' ? '' The teacher asked. ' Angel is someone who looks over us in heaven ! ' one of the nerds in class replied confidently. The teacher beamed. '' How about 'mortal', my dear ? ''

'' A simple explanation , '' the nerd paused , and continued , '' is... like us , humans . ''

'' Yes ! That's right ! Angel means someone angellic and someone that will look after for their fellow earthlings and mortals are humans--us ! Mortals are fragile earthlings and every mortal has an 'angel' to look over them . ''

The students rolled their eyes at the boring explanation. '' ... Exactly what we will be doing today , and for the next few weeks ! '' the teacher announced.

'' We are gonna play a game, '' Ms Shin grinned . '' called 'Angel and Mortal' ! ''

Author's POV:

'' So as Seokhee said, mortal has an angel to look over them. Now, '' Ms Shin said as she raised a bag high up and continued, '' in this bag, everyone will have to pick a piece of paper without looking, random pick, and the person u picked, will be your mortal. Everyone will be an angel, and a mortal at a same time. '' She paused a moment. ' Angel must not let their mortal know about them or else, there will be a punishment.'' The teacher grinned cheekily . '' But despite all these things , the main motive of this game is to make you guys treasure and love each other more, I hope this game will bring the class' relationship into a better state.''

With that, she walked down the single-filed roles and held out the bag for us to choose. Jiyeon, who had already picked her mortal, turned to me and groaned. 'Baro!' she mouthed. I twitched my nose and gave her a 'hwaiting' pose which made her giggle. '' 'Park Shinhye,' I looked up at the teacher who was giving me an annoyed frown. I sunk back onto my seat and extended a hand to pick my 'mortal'.

I unfolded the crumpled piece of paper.

'Jinyoung.'

I twitched my nose in disgust. 'Anyone BUT him!' I rolled my eyes and looked at Jinyoung angrily. As usual, he was flirting with some girls in our class. How much I hate that gay. I don't get how girls get head over heels over him when his just a bamboo stick gay!

 

Break Time :

'' JINYOUNG !? '' she screeched as I quickly slapped my palm on her mout and shot her a look. 'Sowiee ... ' she whispered sheepishly.

''Ladeys hello.''

I cursed under my breathe, knowing who it was.

'' Scram Jinyoung ! Can't you see that this seat has already been taken by us ? '' I exclaimed, as I continued slurping hungrily the bowl of ramyun.

'' Oh that's not how you treat your dearest childhood friend, my dear,'' he taunted. ''Look at this girl! She eats like a pig, not a little lady like!'' His friends beside him laughed together. Clenching my fist into a ball of rage, I controlled myself. '' I bet she won't be able to find any boyfriend any sooner,'' CNU sneered.

I have to calm down. Be friendly...

"Please go away, guys --" I bit my lips, I was trying hard to not call them wha I do usually--gays. "This seat is taken by us." The boys tilt their head back and started laughing hysterically. "We, kingkas, has every right to sit any where we want!"

That's it!

I threw my bowl of ramyun into the dusbin next to me and wiped my mouth using a tissue on my hand. Only because you're my mortal...

----

"Yah! Gwenchana? Those jerks! How unlucky are we to have them as our mortal! They--"

" SHINNIE !!! " A familiar voice came running towards me. And before I know it, I was engulfed into a tight hug. I pulled away and looked up. "Oppa? Chunji oppa is that you?" I took a closer look. "Yah... How could you forget your one and only best friend!" He pouted earning a pinch on his sides by Jiyeon. "Yah! I'm her bestfriend too!" She exclaimed and s her arms around mine. "Okayy fine! Guy best friend!" He said in defeat and turned to me quicklyy after that. "I just got back from America yesterday and come straight to school today to see you! Are you surprised? Moved? Happy?" I looked at him with rounded eyes.

"Yes, you surprised me." I replied seriously. I really had no mood to talk and I certainly felt apologetic to my bestfriend who just came back from America. I flashed him a weak smile. Apparently, Chunji oppa realised it. "Let's go to your favourite ice cream palour later to cheer my dongsaeng up okie?" He whispered into my ears and flashed an eyesmile. I nodded eagerly. Chunji oppa always have a way to cheer me up. He could, obviously, for he was my childhood frieend... alongside with Jinyoung. (>;D)

---

Chunji's POV:

Shin Ted is feeling down... I can see it. There was hardly a time when she is with me would she not smile. Something is not right...

"Hyung!" Ricky, my dongsaeng from Teen top, came running towards me. "Hyung! Do you want to hang out with us now? We are going to noraebang. " He asked and tugged my arms. I gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry Rick, I have to go somewhere else now. "

He tutted his lips disappointedly and let go of my arms. "Ok... Fine. But you have to play with me some other time!" And with that, he ran off. After 2 long years, he is still the same. I grinned and fasten my steps to Shinie's class.

Shinhye's POV

The bell rang and we were released for the day. Students quickly packed their bags and ran  out of the class. I took my time instead.

"Hyung! I have to go first!" I heard Baro say.

I picked my bag and swung it around ready to leave the class when a hand blocked me. I looked up--Jinyoung. I rolled my eyes. "Please don't block my way."

"Why are you so polite all of a sudden? Do you like me?" Jinyoung raised a brow and teased me. IF it wasn't for the consequences of not taking good care of your mortal, I would have bash this bamboo stick up! " Oh.. comon'! Dont play hard-to-get. You know no girls can resist me~" He inched his distance nearer to me. My eyes widdened in shock.

"Shinie-ah~ What's--" Chunji walked in and saw what Jinyoung was doing. He felt anger raised within him as he threw a piunch towards the direction of Jinyoung. Jinyoung was punched right before me and I was his angel! If teacher were to know that Jinyoung was punched because of me, I would be the one to blame!

I quickly stopped Chunji from hitting Jinyoung again and shot him a look. Sadness filled his eyes, he was sad... I will explain it to him later... But for now, we just have to get out of this classroom.

 

 

 

*(A/N: AM I GOING TOO FAST ? PLS TELL ME IF I AM ... )