Meeting the neighbors. (for cathy4reals)

meanwhile, in korea... | a collection

th_jia12.jpg?t=1356158938hyukjae58.png

 

A five-year-old Jia looked in the mirror, focusing on what she was wearing. Her naturally straight hair was now flowing down her back in waves. Her bright pink dress went down to her knees, and it was covered with flowers, glitter, sequins, ruffles, and others of that sort.

She hated it.

It wasn't her.

Her mother walked into her room, squealing with joy when she saw Jia. "Oh, you look beautiful! I knew that dress would look perfect on you! Now we're ready to meet the people we just moved in next to." 

She grabbed Jia's hand and pulled her out of her room, but Jia tried her best to resist. She was happy, excited even to meet the neighbors, but she also realized that how she looked right now would give the wrong impression of how she really was. 

---------

A six-year-old Hyukjae looked in the mirror, focusing on what he was wearing. His usual smooth hair was now gelled up and spiked up. He had on a nice, white dress shirt paired with a baby blue sweater vest and khaki shorts that went down to his knees.

He hated it.

It wasn't him.

His mother walked into his room, squealing with joy when she saw Hyukjae. "Oh, you look so handsome! I knew that outfit would look perfect on you! Now we're ready to meet the people that just moved in next to us." 

She grabbed Hyukjae's hand and pulled him out of her room, but Hyukjae tried his best to resist. He was happy, excited even to meet the neighbors, but he also realized that how he looked right now would give the wrong impression of how he really was.

----------

"Hello, we're the new neighbors. My name is Meng Lien, and this is my daughter, Jia." Her mother greeted. "We came from China, but little Jia here always wondered how Korea was like."

"Welcome to South Korea, then! My name is Lee Haeyoung, and this is my son, Hyukjae." His mother replied. "What a coincidence that we both have children around the same age."

Hyukjae and Jia just looked at each other blankly. That was it. Not even a hello - or at least, not yet. Jia decided to break the silence by whispering to him, "I'm wearing a dress against my will." 

Hyukjae smiled back, admitting, "You know the outfit I'm wearing? I wanna throw it in the trash so badly." 

They both tried to hold back their giggles as their mothers finished introducing each other. Jia's mother suggested that they all go inside -

"Wait!" Jia exclaimed. "I think there's a small park just around the corner! Mommy, can I please play over there with Hyukjae? Please?"

"Uhh...well...Haeyoung, is it ok with you?" Jia's mother asked.

"Well, Hyukjae always loves to go to that park. I think it'll be a good place for them to get along and play together." She responded, and both Hyukjae and Jia cheered.

"Bet I can get there faster than you!" Jia exclaimed.

"Not if I get there first!"

And they took off together for the park. At that moment, neither of them cared about what they were wearing or if they'll get dirty or any of that. They realized that it never mattered. What they cared about was that now, there was another kid in town willing to spend time with the other.

Thus, a friendship was born.

___________________________________________________________________

OH GOD. WHAT DID I JUST WRITE. lol.

Ok, just because I did this ONE request does not mean I will accept any more. I actually know this girl in real life, and I was having a tough time with who to write about next, so I accepted it this ONE time. Only ONE time. 

ONE time.

Do you understand?

 

 

good.