1. So Close

My Desperate Boyfriend Wannabe [ON HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

(first off, thanks to this site ==>http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/minstal-fanart for the awesome awesome minstal fanart! *w*)

This chapter's song is "So Close" by Jon Mclaughlin... Play it when you see three hearts(♥♥♥)! :'3

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

*Soojung’s POV*

“… So without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, this year’s Mr. and Ms. Prom Night are none other than… Choi Minho-ssi of class 2-B and Jung Soojung-ssi of class 1-A!”

 

My eyes widened with the mention of my name. I looked around as my friends congratulated me while I tried to smile back at them.  But the curve on my lips disappeared when I saw him come closer.

“Would our Mr. and Ms Prom Night please get up here on stage.” Said Mr. Kim, one of our school’s teachers, the host for the evening.

Minho came towards me with the charming smile he’s so used to wearing, and offered his arm for my hand to cling to. “May I?” he asked with an inviting stare, almost too irresistible for any girl to turn down. The kind that made me fall for him. “Sure.” I said as nonchalantly as I could. I didn’t want him to think I was having a hard time letting him go.

-

We were a couple for almost a year. Minho was my senior so we often spent time together during breaks and after classes. He was always quite the gentleman. He opened doors for me, texted me multiple times during days we couldn’t spend together, kissed me on my forehead and on my hands like I was some sort of fragile little princess, and the list goes on.

He was everything I wasn’t. He was very vocal but shy in front of people he didn’t know (especially girls). I was a lot more quiet, but confident. He liked making plans, while I liked living by the day. Both of us like competition, but compared to him who liked winning to get to the prize, I liked winning to beat others. We were very different, but often times our ideas met in the middle.

He took care of me really well. Too well…

Our dates would consist of us arguing over what I should wear. Meeting with his friends would always be a drag, because I usually had to go with him. He wouldn’t let me talk to anyone alone. There’ve even been times when someone asked me for directions while he bought ice cream. He glared at the guy and asked me all about it on our way home, like I was supposed to describe a criminal.

I felt dragged, but I tried to remind myself that those were the things I liked most about him. He’s very organized, almost to the point of being perfectionist. His possessiveness always made me feel secure. He was also the kind of guy that knew what he wanted and knew how to get them. Unfortunately, our differences finally took their toll on our relationship. To make the long story short, he wanted to go left, while I was heading right. So eventually, we had “the talk”. What the most was it happened through the phone.

“Soojung-ah. I need to say something.”

“…Ok then, let’s hear it.”

“I think… we’re too different… for each other.”

Finally, we agreed on something!

“What do you mean?” I asked. I heard him let out a big sigh.

“You don’t reply to my messages.”

Well, you text too much.

“You’re always late for our dates.”

You make too many plans.

“You’re too passive.”

You’re overprotective.

“You don’t look at me like you used to.”

My world doesn’t revolve around you.

“It’s like you don’t care about me anymore.”

You care too much.

Then there was silence. Neither of us knew what to say next. But someone had to break the ice. But what do I say? Do I laugh and pretend to think it was a joke? Do I hang up?

“Hello? Soojung-ah?” he asked softl

Please log in to read the full chapter