Put a Ring on it

(oneshot) Put a Ring on it

 

 

Junsu met Taeyeon a few years ago through a mere coincidence, a clumsy one at that. 


They bumped into each other one morning at a coffee shop.

He was too much in a rush to notice a petite figure coming his way.

She was too busy talking on her blackberry to notice a bleach-headed man walking the opposite way until it was too late. 

They spilled coffee on each other, met each other's eyes, and the rest was history.

It turned out their contacts knew each other's contacts and that it was only a matter of time that they'd meet again. 

Taeyeon smiled brightly upon the surprise appearance of vanilla man, the alias she decided to call him because when they spilled fluids on each other it happened very fast.

He apologized, she apologized. 

He dabbed napkins on her and accidentally touched her , he flustered and lowered his head in embarrassment, cleared his throat and proposed he'd buy her a new cup of coffee and to give her money for a new shirt-- blouse-- whatever name of the top she was wearing. 

She continued to refuse but somehow he managed to get her a fresh cup of caramel latte and handed her a couple of twenty-dollar bills. 

He flashed her an apologetic smile before leaving the cafe. 

Taeyeon glanced at the bills in her hand then up at the back of vanilla man's head as it got smaller with every step he took until he disappeared. She blinked, eyebrows scrunching together as she looked down at her hand again. Taeyeon felt like a e. 

Her childhood friend later that night laughed at her.

"Yul!" Taeyeon whined, hiding her embarrassed face by pressing it against one of her couch's throw pillows. 

Yuri laughed softly, "Taeng, why would you feel like a e?" 

Pouting, Taeyeon shrugged and sighed. "I dunno, I just..." She sighed again, tilting her head to the side, "He touched me, paid me, then got out as soon as possible." 

Yuri snorted. "Aigoo, my single and lonely friend, it's going to be alright," she nodded, moving to Taeyeon's side and gave her a half hug. "Yunho's got a friend staying in town for the week!" She smiled brightly at her friend. 

Taeyeon groaned against the pillow.

"Yah," Yuri frowned, pulling the pillow away.

"What's that have to do with me?"

"We're setting you up," Yuri smiled again, poking Taeyeon's cheek. "Yunho says he's a real catch, very handsome, cute, and y. He's got a nice s-line too," her friend's brow wiggled suggestively. 

"Don't you have a thing for s-lines, Taeng?" She nudged her playfully.

Taeyeon scoffed, crossing her arms, "No I don't."

Junsu smiled, instantly recognizing the woman although he didn't know her name. "Hey," He chuckled, "Long time no see."

Taeyeon blinked, controlling her smile, "Same," her right eye squinted slightly. 

"So you two have met?" Yunho, Yuri's boyfriend glanced at both of them.

"Ah-- well, I spilled coffee on her the other day," Junsu chuckled again, the sound pleasant in Taeyeon's ears. 

Yunho laughed, patting Junsu's back, "Well, as you can see, Taeyeon-ah. My friend's very smooth with the ladies." 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at Junsu, "Mm, I don't know, he seemed a bit rough around the edges to me," she smiled in a playful manner, a soft laugh came along with it.

Junsu's eyebrows rose in surprise of her answer, laughing along with Yunho. 

Before Yunho could excuse himself, Yuri pulled him away from the two, insisted that they'd get to know each other more, and to enjoy the night.

And that was what they did.

They might've enjoyed too much actually because the morning after, Junsu woke up with the worst hangover and to the view of Taeyeon sleeping peacefully beside him.

The construction site in Junsu head subsided and decided it'd be a lazy day at work.

Then Taeyeon woke up and it was Junsu's best hangover ever. 

She was like the ultimate medicine for Junsu. 

All he needed to feel better was Taeyeon. 

Junsu only had Taeyeon during the weekends though, because of work and the possibility of him becoming an addict was fairly high if there wasn't any downtime. 

And Taeyeon had her thing to do to. 

They're both busy people. 

But during Friday through Sunday, Junsu has Taeyeon constantly. 

Gradually they became closer and the weekends seemed too short so Junsu moved back into the city closer to Taeyeon. 

After a few months of being together, in deep infatuation with each other, they got out of their honeymoon stage and had their first big argument.

It only took a few days until they were back in each other's arms. Big, fat tears rolling down Taeyeon's red rimmed eyes and Junsu wiped them away with his gentle touch before showering her face with kisses, apologizing about a thousand times. 

They had make-up ; Junsu thought it was great and secretly considered getting Taeyeon angry on purpose from time to time. 

Before they know it, they've celebrated their first year anniversary then second and third. 

Through those years, Taeyeon and Junsu have grown together, stuck together through thick and thin, and have gotten so comfortable with each other. 

So comfortable, they'd have burping contests with each other. 

Lately, Taeyeon has been winning a few more than Junsu. 

Buuuurp, Taeyeon wrinkled her nose and nudged Junsu, "Oppa," she whined, "Stop it!" 

Junsu laughed, putting his arm around Taeyeon and kissed her cheek. "You just don't wanna compete with me, huh?" 

She scoffed, "Who said anything about that?" she turned to him. 

Junsu cocked an eyebrow, smirking, "Oh yeah? Well then, let's see how long you can go." 

Taeyeon cleared and leaned over to get her can of soda, taking a few gulps, pausing a few seconds before-- buuuuuuurp uurp 

She blinked, grinning at Junsu, "See?" 

"Tch," Junsu wrinkled his nose, "Cheater," he pressed his nose against Taeyeon's cheek. 

Taeyeon giggles, "Sore loser~" 

The couple was very competitive, obviously. But there was this one particular thing they were in no rush to do. 

"Junsu-yah, when are you going to pop the question to Taeyeon?" Junsu's mother sighed softly as she passed the salad. 

Taeyeon chocked on her food and Junsu panicked, patting Taeyeon's back then rubbed in soothing circles. "Umma," he looked over at his mom with a slight frown, "Taeyeon and I are okay with how things are." 

Taeyeon cleared and nodded, smiling softly, "We don't want to rush into things." 

Then a year passed and it seemed like everyone they knew has gotten married or is in the process of marriage. 

"Junsu-yah!" Yuri slapped Junsu's upper arm lightly, "You're not going to keep Taeyeon waiting forever are you?" 

Junsu shook his head, looking at a very pregnant Yuri, "No-- of course not," he let out a chuckle. "I'm just-- waiting for the right time. She doesn't want to get married yet." 

Yuri raised an eyebrow, "How do you know? You haven't asked her yet."

Yunho raised his eyebrows and nodded, "She's got a point." 

"Aish," Junsu got up with a soft sigh and stretched his arms, "Alright, alright. I should get going, Taeyeon's waiting for me-- can I retrieve the things she wants me to retrieve?" 

To Junsu's surprise, they were wedding magazines. 

"Taeng?"

"Yes?" Taeyeon answered, looking away from her book. 

"Why do you have a subscription to wedding magazines?" 

Taeyeon sighed, "Why do you have a subscription to soccer magazines?" 

Junsu paused, "Touche." 

Taeyeon hmphed and dug her nose deeper into her book. 

Through the next following days, Taeyeon completely ignored Junsu, only giving him sort replies and glances with disappointed sighs because to her he just wasn't picking up her signs like he usually did. 

To top it all off, Junsu began arriving home a few hours later than usual. 

And out of all the nights to be late on, he was late on their anniversary night. 

Due to busy schedules, they decided it'd just be a simple dinner for their fifth. 

Taeyeon crossed her arms, glaring at Junsu who just arrived home with a loose neck tie. "Kim. Jun. Su," She narrowed her eyes at him as she stood up and walked a few steps closer, beside the neatly fashioned dinner table for two.

"Hey baby," Junsu smiled as he closed the door behind him, slipping off his shoes. "Sorry I'm late," he apologized as he walked toward her and attempted to give her a kiss but his lips met Taeyeon's hand instead. 

"Seriously?" 

Junsu frowned and looked at Taeyeon, "What's wrong?" 

"What's wrong?" Taeyeon scoffed, rolling her eyes. "What's wrong? Are you serious, Kim Junsu?" She tightened her grip on her arms, "You're late! Again!" She raised her voice, "On our anniversary!" Her eyebrows furrowed together, "Is this a sign or something?" Tears began forming in her eyes, "A-are you seeing someone else? Are you paying a e, Kim Junsu? Is that what it is? I'm not good enough anymore?" 

"Woah, Taeng just--"

"No!" Taeyeon shook her head, "You're hiding something from me!" 

Junsu dropped a utensil and bent down to pick it up.

"Oh my go-- really?" Taeyeon rolled her eyes again.

Junsu looked up at her, placing the fork on the table then knelled on one knee before reaching into his pocket and taking out a small, black box.

 "Out of all the--" Taeyeon gasped, her eyes widening which causes her tears to fall down her face. 

"Really," Junsu chuckled softly as he opened the box, revealing a beautiful ring that symbolized the bright and loving future they would have as husband and wife. 

"No way," Taeyeon whispered, covering .

Junsu laughed again, his smile beaming as ever as he took Taeyeon's hand, squeezing it gently. "My dear, perfect Taengoo," he smiled up at her. "The Taeyeon that smiles and supports me in everything I do.

The Taeyeon that laughs and has burp contests with me. The Taeyeon that cries and tells me her burdens. The Taeyeon that gives me those y stares and makes me want to stay in bed for another half hour. The Taeyeon that glares at me and nags. The Taeyeon that lets me see all of her. I love you, all of you and your imperfections that makes you perfect for me," he caressed her hands softly, kissing it. "Although it's taken me a while to figure it out, I know now that I want to live my life with you. I can't promise you it'll be always happy but what I can promise you is that I'll love you only more and more. Kim Taeyeon, will you marry me?" 

Taeyeon sniffed, nodding softly. "Yes," she chuckled lightly, wiping her tears quickly before pulling Junsu up to stand. 

Junsu grinned a thousand watts as he took the ring out of its box and put it on Taeyeon's forth, left finger. He looked at her hand before pressing a kiss on it again. 

Taeyeon laughed, "I'm getting married," she said softly, looking at him.

"Yeah," Junsu looked at her, "Congrats." 

She squinted her eyes and tears blurred her vision. "I love you," Taeyeon pouts softly and hugged Junsu tightly, pressing a kiss to his neck. 

Junsu laughed, squeezing her tightly then lifting her up, "I love you." 

He put her down after a few seconds and when he looked at her again. "Yah," he poked her forehead, "Why did you think I was with a e?" He frowned.

"Because!" Taeyeon whined, pulling Junsu's tie, "You're loaded with--"

"iness and charisma?" Junsu grinned.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow and chuckled, "Yeah...that."

"Why don't I unleash it to you for free?" 

Taeyeon laughed, "Wait, so are you telling me you're the e?"

Junsu pinched Taeyeon's nose, "ion's a kink for you, isn't it?" He asked, taking a folded five-dollar bill from his pocket and slipped it into Taeyeon's cleavage. 

Taeyeon blinked. 

Then Junsu swooped Taeyeon from her feet, "Let's go," he grinned. 

/fin     

 




-----
AN: 
yeah, i don't know what that was