Imbroglio

What Donghae Wants, Donghae Gets.

Kyuhyun wakes up, eyes slowly clearing of the fog that is sleep, adjusting to the light coming in through the window. The room is a mess. Clothes are scattered and piled in different corners of the room, cups filled with unidentifiable liquids cover shelves, there are papers with nonsense scribbled all over it inches away from the empty trashcan and DVDs thrown every which way. Kyuhyun is just itching to clean it. The thought itself makes his skin crawl with anticipation. He won't clean it though. He wouldn't dare. The room is supposed to be this way and even though it kills him to inhabit a room that resembles a rat's nest, he won't touch a single thing. Because Donghae wants it this way and what Donghae wants, Donghae gets.

Kyuhyun rolls out of the equally messy bed with its uncoordinated sheets and pillowcases, careful not to wake his lover. Donghae is laying on the other side of bed, long black eyelashes grazing his smooth face, cotton candy lips in a slight frown.  He looks ghostly, transparent. Kyuhyun creeps quietly into the kitchen to begin cooking breakfast. The kitchen is just as messy as Donghae’s room. Ingredients to make sandwiches are left on the counter, dishes from 3 days ago lay untouched in the sink, flies buzzing around them, mismatched silverware strewn askew in incorrect drawers. Kyuhyun takes in a deep breath, hands curling into tight fists to keep him from going on a cleaning rampage. He continues this, grabbing eggs to scramble and bacon to fry (Donghae’s favourites), breathing in and out slowly, trying to ignore the hodge podge of random items surrounding him. He won’t touch a thing though, no. Donghae wants the kitchen to look like this and what Donghae wants, Donghae will certainly get.

Donghae finally makes an appearance, gracefully making his way to the kitchen, looking as though he’s floating. He’s graced with the sight of his dearly beloved cooking breakfast in his silk Armani boxers he had bought him a while back. Donghae smiles and walks up to Kyuhyun, wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist and placing a sprinkle of kisses all over his back, neck and cheek. Kyuhyun shivers at the touch. Donghae is cold and feels like feathers.

“Good morning,” he says softly, “you hungry?” Kyuhyun has a hopeful twinge in his voice. Donghae hasn’t eaten breakfast with him in a while and he truly misses it. Donghae hums a breathy no across his broad back, unwilling to detach himself from Kyuhyun. They stay in this position the whole time Kyuhyun is cooking. Donghae slightly hindered his mobility, but it was okay. Donghae wants to stay like this forever and, as per usual, he was going to get that. The time length would have to moderated, of course. Kyuhyun understood that he couldn’t keep him warmly wrapped up in his arms forever; he smiled sadly at that thought.

Kyuhyun ate silently, basking in the other’s glorious presence. He thought Donghae was an angel with his glowing aura and the sun casting a halo of dust around the crown of his head. He thought gargantuan white wings would sprout out of his back at any time. The ethereal image made him want sing gospel songs. Donghae gazed loving at the magnificent creature in front of him. Kyuhyun was so warm and soft looking, like the sun in the evening when the sky turned all shades of pinks and oranges and blues. Occasionally, their eyes would meet and they’d just smile at each other knowing the other was absolutely, foolishly in love. Donghae reached for Kyuhyun’s hand from across the table.  Kyuhyun shivered and almost pulled away. Donghae was so frighteningly cold.

Kyuhyun stared at their intertwined fingers and started crying, every word he’d wanted to say being released with every tear that slid down his face. Donghae looked up at his weeping angel and gave him a melancholy smile.

“What are you waiting for, Kyuhyun?” Donghae’s voice was mellifluous, like a symphony of bells and piccolos and wind blowing through fields of daisies on a nice spring day. He slowly started fading away. Kyuhyun reached out for him, begging him to stay as more tears escaped his exhausted eyes. He hated this. “It only hurts for a second, I swear.”

Kyuhyun slumped back in his chair, defeated and even more tired than before. He understood what he had to do, but would he really go that far? Of course he would, Donghae always gets what he wants.

Kyuhyun rose from his seat, frantically searching through every drawer in the kitchen until he found the largest, sharpest knife they had. He slid it slowly across his wrist, flinching in pain. He almost stopped, the sight of his own blood rising to the surface making him sick. Memories of him and Donghae flashed through his mind and suddenly he couldn’t stand to apart from the love of his life any longer. He slid the knife against his wrist again. Donghae appeared in the kitchen, looking less and less transparent. Kyuhyun couldn’t tell if this was a good sign, If he was getting closer to spending eternity with Donghae. The apparition that was his boyfriend smiled at him in encouragement. Yes, he heard, this is exactly what I want. Kyuhyun smiled back at him brightly, anticipating their after life together. Blood was flowing at a quick pace down his forearms, his vision became blurry and white spots began dancing around the corners of his eyes. Time moved at a desultory pace, his heart rate following along. He fell to the floor, dizzy from all the blood loss. Kyuhyun’s eyes started closing as Donghae moved closer, both of them radiating ebullience.

“See you soon, Kyuhyun.”

And he would see Kyuhyun soon. Because what Donghae wants, you can bet Donghae most certainly will get.


I hope you don't hate me! I thought this was kind of a fun concept, to be honest. It was less sad than the last one. I'm sorry I can't keep anyone alive! I promise the next time I write a one shot, it will be all kinds of fluffy and dulcet!

I think this is one of the better things I've wrote.(even if it is kind of short huhu.) I'm kind of really proud of it! :3

사랑 많이 해주세요 !~