Oh My Goddess!

Dreaming Of You

 

Monday… it’s my first day in high school. Took a bath, change clothes into school uniform and went downstairs.

Oh! Hi there! My name is Lee Donghae! I’m a 16-year old guy living an ordinary life with my mother and big brother here in Seoul, South Korea. Our big sister is in the U.S., working. Like I said, it’s my first day as a high-schooler. Wonder what will happen today?

“Yah! Lee Donghae! What took you so long?” Eunhyuk said.

By the way, that was my cousin and best friend Lee Hyukjae. He always wanted to be called Eunhyuk. Don’t want to be confused with the comedian named Lee Hyukjae.

“Awww~! My little boy is a grown up now!” my mom told me as she pinch my cheeks

“Umma!” I said “it’s so embarrassing!” I looked at Eunhyuk and he was giggling, so I gave him a punch on the shoulder. Not hard, but good enough to make him stop giggling.

“Your dad would be happy if he sees you going to school as a high school student.” She said “but I know he’s happy wherever he is right now.” She added as tears drop on her face.

About my dad. He died when I was 12, which is 4 years ago. I really miss him so much. I saw him before he died in the hospital bed telling me to be good to my mom and brother. I’m the one who saw him died as well.

 “Okay, you guys go now.” My mom said, wiping the tears off her face. “You don’t want to be late on your first day.”

“Okay, let’s go.” I replied. “Wait! Where’s Yesung hyung? He said he’ll walk to school with us?”

“Hey guys! Let’s go!” Yesung hyung said coming down from the stairs.

That’s my big brother Lee Jongwoon. He is two years older than me. He always bully me since we were young. Not that harsh, but still bullying me, like what a big brother/sister do to their younger siblings. But when our dad died, he stops bullying me, sometimes he tease me, but not that often as when dad is still alive. Both of us saw how our father died.

“Let’s go now” Eunhyuk suggested.

 

---

 

We arrived in school in a short period of time. Our school is just few blocks away it’s not that far away. Yesung hyung went inside their room and Eunhyuk and I went to ours.

The class didn’t started yet, there’s still no teacher and the students are talking to each other. I saw a girl talking to the other students, she’s really pretty. Then she looked at me walked towards me.

“Lee Donghae, right?” she asked.

“Uhm… yeah…” I replied “Sorry, do I know you? Or… have we met before ‘cause I can’t remember, sorry.”

“Stephanie Hwang” she said as she put out her hand offering a handshake. “You can call me Tiffany.”

“Nice to meet you.” I said as I shake hands with her.  She smiled at me. She has this really cute eye-smile. “How did you know my name?” I asked.

“I’m your stalker.” She said.

My eyes widen “W-wha—“

“I’m just kidding!” she cut me off. “I’m a friend of your cousin, Sunny.”

“Oh! Okay!” I laughed. “Lee Soon-kyu’s friend.”

The professor came inside the room and all of us sat down. I sat down on the on the 2nd to the last chair near the window on my left side. I always like to seat down beside the window. It makes me feel really comfortable for some reason.

I keep looking at the window and spacing out while the teacher is writing something on the board. I stop looking outside and I saw Tiffany looking at me. She gave me a cute smile and I smiled at her as well.

“New friend?” Hyukjae whispered from behind. “She’s pretty cute. Ask her out!”

“Ssshhhhhh!” I said.

“Okay.” The professor said after he wrote his name on the board. “hello everyone. I’m Mr. Lee Dae-hee, your teacher, obviously. I just introduce myself… how about introducing yourselves one by one?” he said “let’s start with you.” Mr. Lee was talking about the chubby guy sitting in front on the 1st row.

“Neh annyeong haseyo, Shin Donghee imnida!” he said “But you can call me Shindong, I’m 16 years old. And I like to dance, rap and—“

“Eat?” the guy next to him cut him and everyone laughed.

“Okay, don’t be rude.” Mr. Lee said “why don’t YOU introduce yourself?”

“Okay, sir.” He said then stood up in front. “Annyeong haseyo! Kim Heechul imnida! 16 years old! And I like to…. Take a picture of myself and post it on my website?” he then shrugged and stick his tongue. “that’s all.”

“Okay. Sit down now.” Said Mr. Lee “why don’t we proceed” he suggested.

We’ve finished the intro. I didn’t remember all their names. I only remember the people that I think that there is something interesting about them. Like the first one, Shindong: he looks kind and he likes dancing as well, then Heechul: he’s like this prankster kid but I think he have a soft side, this girl named Taeyeon: she’s quiet but I think she got a dorky side as well, Tiffany: the first person I met inside the room, who keeps looking and smiling at me… she’s really cute though. The girl named Yuri: she’s really bubbly and witty. And she likes dancing. She gave us a sample wave and it’s so y. Hyoyeon: she likes dancing too! She pops and lock in front of the class and wow! I think we can make a dance group out of this class. And I think Eunhyuk likes her. This Leeteuk guy: his name is Park Jung-soo but I don’t know why he wants to be called Leeteuk? He’s “Special”? This Sooyoung girl: she’s really tall for a girl, and she said she is a shikshin but it doesn’t look like it, she’s pretty skinny. Kyuhyun: he said he likes StarCraft. And this Seohyun girl: another quiet girl, she looks like the girl from my dreams, but she’s not, she just resembles as well, like Yuri, Yuri has slight dark skin.

“It’s nice to meet you all, freshmen!” Mr. Lee said. “Now, we all know each other. Let’s do something else. And if you think the first day of school is great, you thought the wrong thing. Pop Quiz everybody!”

Everyone in class felt devastated as I am. Who would give a pop Quiz on the first day of school?

We are about to start the quiz then suddenly someone knocks on the door.

Mr. Lee opened the door and let the late comer inside. My jaw dropped when the I saw the new comer. It’s………. the girl from my dreams!

My heart starts beating so fast! I’m so shock on what I’m seeing right now. I didn’t know that she exist and only exist in my dreams. I never knew that I’ll see her in real life and she’s my classmate!

She bowed down 90 degrees

“Miss, you’re kinda late.” Mr. Lee said.

“Mianhaeyo” The girl said shyly keeping her head down. DANG! She’s really pretty~