Prelude

She's Dreaming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I need this month's report, Miss Kim. I don’t want to hear another lame reason about your maltese wanting your attention from your home. I want the report to be here in three.” 

 

Great. Another day of listening to her boss who did nothing but to annoy her and never failed to remind her with the monthly reports that she already sent to email days before her great boss asked her. 

 

She knows her email’s password, right? Oh well. It’s probably her age catching up to her. 

 

“May I remind you, Miss Kim, that you did not end this call and I heard that remark of yours clearly. Get back to work and I need that report before lunch break and because I have to attend the meeting you forgot to put on my calendar.” Good heavens her boss heard her yapping about her work, and questioning her ability just because of an unopened email she sent. 

 

“I’m doomed.” She dumps her head on her personalized pillow that rests on top of her unique table with all that decor she put up together—she blames the office vlog content she watches on the internet and it makes her hoard the items that are displayed in front of her. 

 


A cute pot of cactus with a yellow flower on top of it? Check.

 

Different pads of post-its with cute designs of dogs and bunnies? Check.

 

Cute pens, keyboard and mouse with her personalized pink macbook? Another check. 



 

Although her office seemed to be different from the rest of the employees—a plain looking cubicle that compliments the standard ergonomic chairs that her friend, Ningning has. The arrangement makes Winter want to ask her boss. 

 

Excuse me, Miss Yu. Why is my station located beside your room? My chair and table is different than the rest I–

 

“This room belongs to the previous COO of the company, she resigned two years ago.” A deep voice behind her seem to answer her question—

 

Wait, what?

 

Winter looks around the room to search where the voice came from just to get herself shocked with her current view blocked with mons- her boss standing close to where she sits–



 

“Jagi. Why don’t you take a nap beside me hmm?”

 

Jagi?

 

“Ye—Were you saying nonsense again, Miss Kim?” Her boss asked, clearing as she unties her ponytail so she can hide her flushed ears. 

 

Winter pretends that she did not see how Karina’s stare lingered at her eyes, down to her lips and going back to her eyes as she waits for her response. 

 

“Jagi?” She responds, a hint of teasing was there, promptly trying to get another reaction from her cu– boss. 



 

And gosh—was all winter could say at that moment, because i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter