end

Not The Future I Imagined
Please log in to read the full chapter

Operation Wish is now online.

 

The go signal was sent and each pair were dispatched to the warehouse where the cartel has been keeping their victims of human trafficking and ion.

 

“Don’t lag behind.” Agent Hot guy sneered and his partner, Agent Nuo, rolled his eyes as he drew his gun and walked towards the coordinates that were sent to them.

 

“Two kids.” Agent Prince spoke in their ear pieces.

 

“great, we grab a piece each.” Agent Hot guy told his partner.

 

“Why am I even paired up with this buffoon?” Agent Nuo asked making Agent Prince laugh.

 

“You drew the name tags gege, you can blame yourself.” Apent prince responded and it made Agent Nuo fume, of course, why did their leader think drawing name tags as a good way to pair up the agents for a mission?

 

“You’re near, heat signature has 2 adults.” Agent Prince informed them.

 

“Don’t be impulsive.” Agent Nuo said and not it is Agent Hot Guy’s turn to roll his eyes.

 

They count to three and when it reached 3, Agent Hot Guy kicked the door down and started aiming at the guy. Agent Nuo followed suit and the take down was quick and effortless. They scanned the room and heard whimpers leading them to a closet. They slowly walked towards and carefully pointed their guns towards the door before they open it. No criminals were found but instead two quivering toddlers and a crying baby met them.

 

“hey, it’s okay. We are here to help.” Agent Nuo lowered his gun and knelt in front of the kids. The toddlers ran to him and hugged him, crying on his arms as they were clearly afraid. Agent Nuo looked at their faces, some bruises and scratches were found. “Can I know your names?” Agent Nuo asked and bare a whisper he heard the name Riku and Jungmin.

 

“Is there a baby carrier?” Agent Hot Guy asked and Agent Nuo searched and found a carrier. “You take the baby, I’ll take the kids.” Agent Hot Guy said making Agent Nuo raise a brow. “look, your aim is precise, it would be easier if you have the baby with you, you can aim and shoot better.” Agent Nuo explained.

 

“and how would you carry them?” Agent Nuo asked.

 

“One on my back, the other at front. I can carry both.” Agent Hot Guy replied.

 

“Carry them both on each of your side, let me just cover for you.” Agent Nuo suggested and his partner sighed and nodded. “Okay, help me put the baby on me.” Agent Nuo said and Agent Hot guy nodded and took the baby.

 

“Saku.” The toddler pointed to the baby and Agent Nuo nodded.

 

“Saku will be safe, don’t worry.” Agent Nuo reassured him as Agent Hot Guy secured the baby on his partner’s chest. “Hey Saku, you are safe.” Agent Nuo cooed at the baby and hummed a tune, calming the boy and making him fall asleep.

 

“Okay buddy, I will carry each of you, hold on.” Agent Hot guy said but Agent Nuo stopped him and took off his beanie.

 

“To cover their eyes.” He informed his partner who also took off his beanie so both twins can be covered.

 

The kids looked at them with tearful beady eyes but smiled as they felt the warmth and comfort of the beanies on their head.  “Great, now hold on tight.” Agent Hot guy said and each boy held on his neck and gasped as they were lifted up into the air.

 

“Ready?” Agent Nuo asked as he took his gun and walked towards the door.

 

“always.” Agent Hot Guy replied.

 

“Prince, take off.” Agent Nuo said and the tech gave a roger and led t hem towards the easiest and fastest way out of the building and towards the awaiting ambulance for the victims.

 

 

---

 

“No casualties?” Agent Tyong, their leader, asked and the count resulted to 20 agents safe and sound.

 

“We can’t keep the boys calm.” One of the paramedics told Tyong and the senior agents looked at each other and walked towards the ambulances where the youngest of the victims were being treated. Once the kids saw their saviours, they ran towards them and yielded in the security they exude.

 

“Saku, he is crying.” Riku, cried out as he clung on Kun’s neck. It was Japanese and Kun barely knew anything of the language.

 

“He said Saku is crying.” Thank goodness they have a Japanese agent, Yuta, who translated for Kun; the agent also carrying a toddler and calming him down.

 

“give him to me.” Johnny said and handed the toddler to Johnny who already has Jungmin on his lap. Kun walked to the ambulance and took the crying baby from the medic and when the baby felt Kun’s touch and was laying on Kun’s chest, the baby calmed down, finally settling as he felt safe once more.

 

“We may have a problem.” Taeyong scratch his temple. “I need to talk to CPS.” Taeyong excused himself.

 

 

And that is how the agents found themselvs in the conference room, with a kid sitting on their lap and trying to decipher what Taeyong just explained.

 

“Foster care?” Kun asked and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Yes, foster care.” Taeyong replied.

 

“us?” Kun asked again and their leader nodded.

 

“us.” Taeyong said in affirmative.

 

“What do you mean I get to take care of three kids? I’m single.” Kun blurted out causing Sakuya to cry out as he was surpised with the sudden loud voice of his caregiver. Kun swayed the baby and hummed to calm him down.

 

“You are going to take care of the kids with Johnny.” Taeyong explained.

 

“What? Why?” It was Johnny who asked.

 

“Jungmin and Riku are twins, and Sakuya is their younger brother.” Yuta explained. “Their mom was SA’d and she died delivering Sakuya.” Yuta explained. “The witness we interrogated was taking care of the kids and he said that the three are inseparable.” Yuta added.

 

“and you are giving them to us? The single ones?” Kun asked, not understanding the logic.

 

“Give me Sakuya.” Doyoung said, handing Sion to Jaehyun who gladly took the kid.

 

“Give me Riku.” Ten also said and took the boy from Johnny.

 

Once the two kids were away from Johnny and Kun, the three started crying, not wanting to be held by others nor being separated.

 

“Riku!!!” Jungmin’s cries were so painful and Riku was wailing, not trusting Ten. Kun immediately took Riku while Doyoung handed Sakuya to Johnny, the three immediately calmed down.

 

“Case and point, the three wanted you.” Taeyong explained.

 

“We are also taking care of our own, if we could separate them we would have but at this point, you are their safe haven.” Yuta explained.

 

“I have to live with him?” Kun asked, face grimaced while looking at Johnny.

 

“As If I want to live with you?!” Johnny retorted.

 

“We know, you tolerate each other at most but please, for the kids, just deal with it.” Taeyong informed them. “CPS is already arranging a larger apartment for the two of you. You don’t need to play house, you just need to keep the kids safe while we work on their trauma and find them a forever home.” Taeyong reminded them.

 

“I Like my apartment just fine.” Kun said and Taeyong raised a brow.

 

“You two need to live together, you want Johnny into your apartment?” Taeyong asked and Kun sighed but nodded.

 

“moving is too much, I have a lot of stuff.” Kun said.

 

“If he’s going to keep his apartment, I am gonna keep my car.” Johnny piped up. “Not going to compromise that, and not using that small box for my car.” Johnny added making Kun glare at him, curse already on the tip of his tongue.

 

“You know what, shut the fudge up because I am tired, it has been a long day and I need to tuck Jaehee to bed.:” Taeil stood up, fed up with the way Johnny and Kun are being insufferable. “It’s just a few months, you can deal with it.” Taeil said then walked out the room, with Jungwoo following him while carrying a drowsy Jaehee.

 

“Here, their allowance.” Taeyong handed Kun the card. “It’s not much but we are trying our best for them. IF we have a choice, we would really not resort to this.” Taeyong told both agents. “Just do it for the kids’ sake, they’ve been through so much.” Taeyong reminded them and both Johnny and Kun sighed but just accepted their fate.

 

“I’ll just grab my bag.” Johnny said, sounding defeated while he took Jungmin’s hand and led him out of the room while holding Sakuya.

 

“Give me Sakuya.” Kun said as he walked next to Johnny. “You’re gonna carry that big duffle bag.” kun reminded him and Johnny just nodded, handing the baby safely to Kun.

 

They walked in silence down the hall and towards their office. Resonance unit is a on the 5th floor, divided into sections that works on different cases at any point of time. Kun was head of Weishen, dealing with international cases, especially cracking down on the Chinese and South East Asian cartels while Johnny was under Taeyong’s Neo unit focusing on Korea’s Mafia and Japanese Yakuza.  Kun led Riku towards his unit, explaining how he’ll just grab his bag so they can leave with Johnny. Riku sat on the sofa and waited as Kun shuffled around, grabbing his things as quickly as possible. Kun looked around once more, making sure that he did not forget anything, while cradling the baby on his arms. He chanced upon Riku, eyes wide and fear evident in those innocent brown orbs, he sighed once more, he wasn’t ready to be a foster dad, but he can’t let these poor boys live in trauma forever.

 

“ready to go home?” Kun asked Rku, extending a hand and the boy nodded and immediately held the older’s hand.

 

Johnny had a smaller room shared with two more agents since he wasn’t the leader, the room was a little cramped but Jungmin did not complain as he sat on a chair Johnny pointed out. He took a few things from his desk and then took the huge duffel bag from his cabinet, his spare clothes that he kept in case of emergency.He won’t be able to go home tonight and he was sure kun doesn’t have clothes large enough to fit him so he’ll be really needing these clothes. Johnny was not really on board, he love to have kids down the line but not now, and not with someone who hated his guts for whatever trivial reason.

 

“Hey buffy, you okay?” Johnny asked and Jungmin nodded.

 

“slweepy.” Jungmin responded and jOhnny rubbed the toddler’s head and lead them towards the ellevator.

 

Taeyong was waiting for them at the lobby, handing them three car seats for the kids which they would definitely need to safely transport the boys. “I’ll help you guys.” Taeyong said, because that is a lot of car seats to carry.

 

Kun placed Sakuya on one of the seats and took it while Taeyong carried the other two. Johnny unlocked his car, and it was good choice too because Johnny’s larger SUV is needed for them to fit three kids in car seats and two adults, plus Johnny need the leg room.

 

 

---

 

They had to do it for the kids.

 

When they had rescued the kids, they unknowingly became the children’s safe place, their refuge. And although they really don’t get along as agents, they had to work together for the sake of the kids who had lost their mother and had only each other left in this cruel world.

 

 

Kun had opened his apartment and Johnny wasn’t expecting such a cozy place, with many knickknacks here and there, and pretty sky photos neatly framed that lined the walls. Their first night though was not an easy one, since the boys did not want to be separated from each other nor their two care givers. But their beds weren’t big enough to accommodate all five of them, making  the capricorn in Kun did what a capricorn would do and just took a bunch of comforters and blankets then laid on the carpeted floor in the living room so they can all sleep in peace.

 

The kids took it well but the adults, not so much. They wanted rest but when Jungmin clung to Johnny, tiny fist clenched as he seek the safety in his caregiver’s presence, or Riku settling next to Kun, the toddler sighing in relief as he felt the arm around him, nurturing and safe, they had to just deal with it, sore back be damned. They figured that the comforters were an upgrade for the kids who may have slept on cold concrete floor, exposed to the elements and only each other for warmth and comfort.

 

The morning was awkward but Kun was courteous enough to extend cooking breakfast for his partner.

 

“Did you sleep well?” Kun asked Johnny who grumbled.

 

“We need to buy something more comfortable.” Johnny replied and Kun agreed. “What is in the schedule?” Johnny asked and Kun shook his head.

 

“None, we are on a break for a week to ease the kids. We need to take the kids to the hospital for check up and we should buy some things for them. Sakuya needs his formula and diapers, Riku and Jungmin would need

Please log in to read the full chapter