1

little shop of smiles

Yukwon wasn't really excited or bummed when he started working at this little shop in the hospital for volunteer work. After all, he's just a college student who wants to earn extra credit for university.He murmurs a hello as Taeil, a boy with black thick rimmed glassed that framed his baby face who stood behind the til waves at him and pokes Jihoon's side, the taller, although younger boy next to him who was wiping down the counter.

"Always in time." the boy called Taeil smiles. Of course, Yukwon thinks, his boss, Jaehyo, was a drama queen and would flip tables if things did not go his way. Yukwon makes his way behind the counter, squeezing in between Jihoon and the coffee machine and grabbed his purple apron from under the til. He's been working at the shop for 3 weeks, on Tuesdays with another boy called Kyung.

"Where's cucumber hyung?" Jihoon's deep voice vibrates throughout the tiny space as he giggles through his hands.

"He's down the hall greasing up the noona nurses." Yukwon shrugs nonchalantly. The usual. Kyung always stops by the round bay in the middle of the maternity ward on the way to work.

Taeil and Jihoon squeezes through the tiny flap at the edge of the counter giggling at Yukwon's remark. Jihoon leans at the counter in front of Yukwon when elder offers to get their coats from the storage room. The tall boy waits until Taeil disappeared before turning to Yukwon.

"I'm taking hyung to see a movie." Jihoon whispers, smiling widely. Finally, Yukwon mentally cheers. The younger boy had been telling Yukwon that he liked the elder since the day he had started working. Yukwon grins, clapping his hand on the younger boy's shoulder, mouthing 'good luck' as Taeil calls out to the latter. Yukwon settles down at small stool behind the counter when Taeil and Jihoon waves good bye.

The shop is situated outside the maternity wing of the hospital and it's tiny therefore not many people go there. Most of the customers are old people, buying snacks or hot beverages for themselves. Once, there was an elderly couple who ordered coffee, each of them telling Yukwon how their loved one preferred their drink. This memory makes Yukwon smile, giving him this warm feeling in his chest.

He snaps out of his reverie as he heard voices nearing the shop. He stands straight behind the til and smoothed out his apron. Two guys comes into view. The slightly taller boy had yellow blonde hair was laughing comically at his own joke as he shakes the other boy's arm. Yukwon shifts his gaze to the said latter and oh boy. Yukwon feels like he was floating, butterflies in his stomach fluttered excitedly. The laugh of the blonde had long been drowned out by Yukwon's senses as his eyes took in every detail of the glorious figure that lay in front of his eyes. The boy's raven black hair seemed to shine under the crappy fluorescent light of the shop, his milky skin radiating warmly as it contrasts with his dark hair, his-

"Can I have two lattes please?" Yukwon blinks. The two boys stares at him, waiting. Oh. Oh. Yukwon mentally kicked himself as he pressed buttons on the cash register, his fingers slightly shaking.

"Two-fifty please." Yukwon looked up and god, it was probably the best decision he ever made. The raven haired boy was smiling. At him. Well not really at him but he decided to be shameless and pretended it was him who the beautiful boy in front of him was smiling at. Slight dimple on left cheek. Yukwon notes.

Yukwon's fingers lingers a little bit too long as he takes the money, his skin flushing red by the second at the brief skin to skin contact. He turns around, facing the coffee machine. He freezes. . He had no idea how to use the contraption, it always had been Kyung's job to make those caffeinated hot drinks. He prays for the almighty Kyung.

And at that moment, the latter bursts into the shop rapping nonsense.

As much as Yukwon wanted to kick his friend's for being late, he sighs in relief, thankful that the cucumber arrived at the right time. For once anyways.

Yukwon's eyebrow twitches in annoyance. Kyung announced that the nurse noona down the hall wanted latte. Jabbing a finger in the latter's rib, hissing at him to make three lattes quickly. Yukwon turns around, the two boys were staring at quarrelling pair with quirked eyebrows. Bowing slightly, Yukwon muttered 'sorry' as he gave Kyung another jab in the ribs. After Kyung had made the hot beverages, Yukwon holds out a hand to Kyung's face, closing his fingers over his palm a few times.

"What?"

"Nurse noona's payment." Yukwon says matter-of-factly. Kyung looks away, avoinding Yukwon's winning gaze. Frowning, Kyung swats Yukwon's hand away from his face; muttering 'put it on my name'.

"Oh, so chic." Yukwon and Kyung turns to the voice. It was blonde one. He had his elbow on the counter with his chin propped on the palm of his hand, latte hovering over his quirked lips eyeing the boy next to Yukwon with amusement.

Kyung scoffs, telling the boy to ‘ off’ resulting Yukwon to apologize a couple of times as Kyung was being his usual him and refused to budge to the countless threats Yukwon threw at him. The latter sighs in defeat as the pair continued to with words, although Yukwon was readying himself as it looks like Kyung was ready to jump across the counter that separated him and the blonde. Kyung looks beyond pissed and the blonde, the blonde is just standing there, amused smirk playing on his lips with an unusual glint in his eyes.

As the pair continues to bicker, both forward ready to jump, the blonde does something that even his companion - the forgotten y companion - did not expect. He leans forward, stops mere centimeters away from the fuming boy then suddenly capturing the latter's lips with his, pulls away and smirks "You're cute when you're embarrassed."

Kyung face flushes as splutters nonsense, doing all sorts of hand gestures to say something back to the blonde. As his mouth fails him, he grabs one of the biscuit metal containers under the counter gripping it tightly as he readies himself to swing at the smirking boy. Yukwon grabs Kyung, wrapping his arms around the latter and pulls him away from the counter to the the back of the cash register where he sat before looking back at the boys and bowing apologetically.

"Woo Jiho." the blonde smiles "and Lee Minhyuk." he points at the smiling boy next to him.

"Kim Yukwon and the grumpy cucumber is Park Kyung." Yukwon smiles then wincing as Kyung punches his leg, muttering 'that doesn't deserve to know my name'

Jiho leans forward onto the counter to peer at sulking boy by Yukwon's feet and whispers "see you soon babe". He winks, making Kyung splutter and Yukwon decides that the latter is blushing.

Minhyuk grabs Jiho's collar and yanks him up. "We'll be on our way then." he smiles making Yukwon's heart's wings flutter against his ribcage. He watches as the pair waves goodbye and walk away.

Lee Minhyuk, Yukwon tucks the information in his brain along with the boy's smile.