Chapter 1

Unwanted Memories

A comfortable silence filled the room like a soft mist, gently embracing the peaceful young men sleeping in the too-thin-for-comfort bed in the corner of the tiny room.
The walls were too frail for privacy, as every word spoken could be heard from the outside. The windows were barred from the world outside of their home, and the room was sparsely furnished.

The sun that shone through the semi-dirty windows hit the two sleeping figures, and the cold, white light made their smooth skin shine.
A small movement indicated that one of them was waking up and indeed, the elder of the two's eyes fluttered open and he tiredly blinked his eyes a few times.

He snuggled closer to the taller, but younger; male he slept next to and pressed a soft kiss to his neck. He was usually an extremely heavy sleeper but today he woke up earlier and to celebrate the unusual event he decided to wake his boyfriend up.

"Sungyeol ah~ Wakey wakey, sweetheart."

The words were softly whispered through a smile and the whisperer blew some air on the exposed neck.
Sungyeol's eyes fluttered a bit, but he simply turned his head away from his boyfriend and went back to sleep.

Scoffing, Sungyeol's boyfriend rolled a bit so that he was lying on top of the younger and started pressing feather light kisses on all the exposed skin.
He kissed his nose, cheek, chin, forehead, ear, neck, jaw and lastly, his lips.
It wasn't until now that he actually got a reaction.

The lips he kissed were responding and incoherent mumbles sounded through the silent room after they parted.
If you listened closely, you could pick up worlds like "rainbows", "ice cream", "Dongwoo hyung" and "unicorns". In other words, the usual morning ramble.

Sungyeol’s eyes fluttered open and he stared into the eyes of his boyfriend, a smile slowly creeping onto his face.

”Dongwoo hyung, why are you awake? It’s still so early!”

Dongwoo laughed and leaned down to peck Sungyeol’s lips again, before he snuggled his noise into the crook of his neck making Sungyeol giggle like an elementary school girl. Instead of answering, Dongwoo simply rolled off his boyfriend, landing smoothly on the floor with a shudder raking through his body from the cold floor.

He moved to the sole chair in the corner and picked up his clothes, quickly dressing himself before throwing Sungyeol his clothes, laughing when the latter yelped in surprise.

”Get dressed so we can leave; the sooner the better. And don’t complain that I actually got up before you for once!”

Sungyeol started grumbling, but pulled his clothes on either way. He started by pulling his nightshirt off, exposing all of his smooth skin and his prominent clavicles. However, before he had time to pull his long-sleeved shirt over his head, lips connecting to his neck, softly and a content sigh escaped the shirtless boys’ lips.

”Dongwoo hyung, stop. Didn’t you say the sooner we left the better? You’re not following your own rules!”

”But rules can be changed! And by the way, it won’t take long..”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes, but allowed Dongwoo to turn his head to place a soft kiss on his lips. Dongwoo’s hands roamed his body in feather light touches that occasionally tickled his skin and Sungyeol tangled his fingers in Dongwoo’s blonde hair, using his grip to gently pull the blonde towards him to place a gentle and loving kiss on his lips.

This continued, their gently gestures clearly expressing their love for each other. Nothing was rushed, and nothing became overly rated, it just stayed innocent.

The sweet lovey-dovey time was rudely interrupted by a distant rumbling, slowly coming closer.
They broke the kiss, and Sungyeol quickly got dressed before he and Dongwoo packed their belongings, glancing at each other every other second.
Was this bad? They didn’t know. All they knew was the fact that this area was recently abandoned, but the didn’t know why - it just was. Just like every other town in the area.

The rumbling was now so close the ground shook, and just as they moved to exit through the door a pair of pink hands grabbed the bars on the outside of the window, rattling them.
Slowly, a head, then a face became visible.
A clock started ticking loudly, and Sungyeol turned towards the rattling bars on the window, meeting the fierce, red eyes. A vicious grin spread across the thing’s face and the clock sped up.
The before light room became dark as more of those creatures piled onto each other outside.
The room became darker, and darker until it became completely black, the sound from the rattling bars the only sound left. And then - it stopped. The bars fell to the floor with a loud cluck and the room was now filled of the creatures’ crawling.

Dongwoo and Sungyeol could feel their breaths in their face, their hands closing over their throats and then --

~♥~

Sungyeol awoke with a start, the sweat dripping off his chin. It was a dream, just a dream. Creatures like that didn’t exist, did they? There’s nothing scary about small creatures with pink hands choking you in a dark room, or was there?
He didn’t know if he would’ve found it scary if someone had told him about it as a story, but having dreamt such a realistic dream… it was scary. It truly was.
Moreover, Sungyeol’s dreams were always dreams you had to be wary of. If you appeared in them the chance of you facing an unlucky fate became bigger, and it usually resulted in someone’s death.

So who was this Dongwoo person? Sungyeol didn’t know him at all, but the burning touches, the intimacy… They clearly had a relationship in this dream.
Now all he had to do is wait and see if this was a premonition-dream or just a regular dream.

♥~~♥♥~~♥

HELLO! This is the author!
I hope you aren’t all too confused, and if you didn’t quite understand my horrible writing technique, Sungyeol and Dongwoo doesn’t know each other yet.
The next chapter will be the REAL start of the story line and another member will make a cameo!
Please anticipate it, and if possible, do comment. I want to know your opinion on this… masterpiece. (LOL j/k it’s not a masterpiece.)

I also didn't write it in one go, so if something's confusing and doesn't really make sense... Please point it out to me and I shall either change it or explain it~

Thank you for reading and have a continued good day!