Final !

So, kiss me (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kiss Me

 

It’s almost known to the whole campus that volleyball player Yu Jimin—sometimes dubbed playgirl because of how many people she rejects—but it’s not some kind of ego she has that’s the reason for her rejecting, but, down to the point, it's known that Jimin has a crush.

 

A crush since freshman year has been on none other than fellow peer Kim Minjeong, who is also the student council president. And she also vehemently dislikes Yu Jimin.

 

It’s T-minus a couple weeks before their annual Valentine's Day festival and Jimin’s just heard a rumour that sent a shock wave of doubt through her body.

 

“Uh, Jimin.” Aeri, one of her teammates, nudges her after she starts blanking out at the cafeteria. “You good?” 

“No!” Jimin gasps so sharply that her friends and teammates flinch. 

 

She pushes her tray away and whips around to the table of her other peers, who have been gossiping very loudly.

 

“Hwang Yeji!” Jimin points at the girl (also one of her friends, as much as Yeji denies it) who had uttered the rumour. “Where’d you hear that?”
“Dunno, I’ve just been hearing it everywhere.” She says this, rolling her eyes. “Everyone’s talking because it’s like the one thing Minjeong won’t do. It’s so out of character.”

 

Then that leads Jimin on her mission for answers—forgoing her lunch.

 

Jimin stomps her way over to the student council room with steam practically coming out of her ears and throws open the door, not caring if she’s scaring all the patrons inside and near the council room.

 

“Pres, can I talk to you?” Jimin huffs.

“Um, do you have an appointment with our president?” Ningning asks, frowning at Jimin’s unruly entrance. “She’s quite busy.”
“Please?” Jimin almost whines. “I need to see her for a second.”

“I just said that she’s busy since we’re planning for the festival, so if you could please walk yourself back to the locker rooms, where you belong, and maybe wait like everyone else and make an appointment,” Ningning rolls her eyes. “Then maybe the president will—”
“I’ll see her.” Minjeong halts Ningning.

 

Ningning blinks as she turns to see Minjeong collecting a pile of papers before tapping them against the table in her cubicle to make them all match up before standing up. 

 

“Wait outside.” Minjeong commands and Jimin is quick to follow.

 

Ningning gapes at her friend and Minjeong doesn’t spare a look at her as she steps outside and closes the door.

 

"Speak; don’t waste my time.” Minjeong crosses her arms over her chest and Jimin stands over her with her staggering height.

“Oh, um." Jimin clears nervously, being up close with her crush.

“Jimin.” Minjeong raises a brow impatiently.

“Well, I heard you’re participating in the kissing booth. Is it true or just a rumour?” Jimin asks.

“It’s true.” Minjeong answers.

“ What?!”

 

Minjeong flinches at Jimin’s sudden outburst, not at all expecting it, but she should know better talking to a jock, who’s often affiliated with Ningning’s loud Aeri.

 

“Why?” Jimin’s voice strains with disbelief.

“Well, we were short staffed because Minju, who was meant to be the kisser, has the flu, and we certainly can’t risk spreading germs like that,” Minjeong explains. “Which is why I stepped up.”

“No one else could step up?” Jimin frowns.

"No, because everyone has their own duties for the festival.” Minjeong huffs impatiently. “And, also, why am I explaining this all to you?”

“B-but you can’t do the kissing booth!” Jimin sputters.

“Why not?” Minjeong feels defensive suddenly.

“Because!”
“Because?”


“Well, because, um, b-be—just cause!” Jimin pouts.

“I don’t exactly know why you came all the way here just to waste my time, but why do you care that I’m doing the kissing booth?” Minjeong raises her brows questioningly.

“It matters," because I like you and I don’t want you kissing someone else who’s not me! “It just does!”

“I’m going back to office; do not disturb my fellow council members and most importantly,” Minjeong turns on her heels and looks back at Jimin. “Don’t waste my time.”

 

Jimin watches like a kicked dog as the president goes back into the student council office and her bottom lip trembles as her shoulders hunch with devastation coursing through her.




 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚




 

“You look like hell,” Ryujin snorts.

 

Shin Ryujin is someone who Jimin sometimes shares classes with, and they’re close friends, but Jimin sees her the most at work—where they both work at a convenience store. Jimin’s decided to take more shifts than she can manage in order for her plan to succeed.

 

“Uh-huh. I need money.” Jimin slurps loudly on a can of energy booster.

“For what?” Ryujin asks warily.

“For my plan.”
“Which is…?”

“Tickets. Need tickets.” 

 

Jimin blinks like a frog and Ryujin is extremely concerned about Jimin’s dark eye bags and the ring of red around the white of her eyes.

 

“Maybe put the tickets to rest; you need sleep, girl.” Ryujin winces.

“Nuh-uh, I need Kim Minjeong.” Jimin slurps the energy drink down to the last drop before opening a new one. 

“Our president?” Then it clicks in Ryujin’s mind. “Oh! You’re totally trying to buy tickets for the kissing booth because she’s manning that booth on the day.”
“Yup.” Jimin nods, staring into the abyss.

“Are you planning to buy all the tickets?” Ryujin frowns, looking at their roster and seeing Jimin’s name on the morning shifts and night shifts.

“Uh-huh. Even picked up part-time at the subway near campus.” Jimin nods. “No one is going to kiss Kim Minjeong except for me.”
“Right, right…” Ryujin backs away slowly. “Well, I’m going to check stock.”
“Kay.” Jimin burps.


 

Jimin works laboriously, feeling the ache in her shoulders and feet after shifts on end. She finishes a morning shift at Subway, where she smells like sandwiches and when she doesn’t have class—and in the evening, she takes the night shift at the convenience store. 

 

When she gets home, it’s a train ride back and it’s all up to God whether or not she gets mugged, but she gets home safe and even if she falls asleep against the nasty glass window, her internal body alarm wakes her up and she gets off and walks home to her dorm, where she’ll get a couple hours of sleep before going to school or work.

 

Working her off for Kim Minjeong—it’s all worth it, she thinks.



 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚



 

Jimin, more sleep deprived than usual because of her jobs and a certain girl occupying her mind, falls on her when she turns the corner and bumps into someone.

 

A textbook slaps her in the face and she clutches her nose in pain.

 

That’s what she gets for running.

 

“Oh my gosh—I’m so sorry!” Someone gasps and Jimin waves them off.

“It’s okay! It’s okay; I was in a rush and didn’t see you.” Jimin groans, getting up. She bends down and helps the girl collect her stuff before she abruptly halts.

“Yu Jimin?” 

“Minjeong?” Jimin blinks when she raises her head and comes face to face with the president, looking slightly frazzled from the encounter.

“Are you alright? Where are you rushing— holy .” Minjeong curses and it almost gives Jimin whiplash. 

“W-what?” Jimin blinks, self conscious of the way Minjeong’s staring at her with agape.

“You—your nose is bleeding!”

“Huh?” Jimin brings a finger to her nose and when she pulls away to see a speck of blood, she blinks. “Oh.”

 

Another thing about Jimin, other than her colossal crush on Minjeong, is that she’s faint of blood.

 

“Wow. Blood.” Jimin faints.

 

The next thing she knows, she’s in the university’s hospital wing.


 

“Argh…” Jimin groans, squinting as she adjusts to the bright light. “What happened? Where—”

“You’re in the infirmary," Doctor Bae says.

“Joohyun-unnie?” Jimin blinks. “Why am I here?”

“Sorry…” Jimin whips her head to the other voice in the room and sees Minjeong sitting in the chair beside the bed. “It was my fault. We bumped into each other and—”
“Oh, I remember. Sorry about that.” Jimin grins. “I was in a rush for— oh crap! My class!”

“It’s okay; I excused you and Minjeong from your classes.” Joohyun says. “Your friends will help catch you up.”

“Thanks doc.” Jimin sighs. “Can you help me sit up?”

“I’ll do it.”

Jimin all but freezes when Minjeong rushes to her side, helping Jimin sit up from the bed. Jimin blinks, not used to being so close to the student council president in this kind of setting. Usually, Minjeong is trying to shoo her away with an exasperated sigh instead of this oddly docile and regretful Minjeong. 

 

“I’ll leave you kids to it.” Joohyun says, looking between Minjeong and Jimin. “You seem fine to go, so just tell me if you’re still feeling ill.”
“Okay, unnie.” Jimin nods.

 

Minjeong is still holding onto her hand and Jimin blinks at it. Minjeong notices and pulls away with a blush.

 

“Um, would you like some water?” Minjeong asks.

"Yes, please.” Jimin nods.

 

Jimin’s been to the infirmary more times than she can count, not only because she’s an athlete but also because she’s extremely clumsy and unskilled outside of the basketball court. She remembers a water dispenser being outside of the curtained beds in the infirmary near Joohyun’s desk, but Minjeong surprises her when she reaches into her own bag and presents a pink metal water bottle. 

 

“You can lip it; it’s fine.” Minjeong says, uncapping the bottle for Jimin.

“O-oh, um, thanks.” Jimin blinks. 

 

Jimin takes a generous gulp of the water, averting her gaze from Minjeong, feeling oddly shy.

 

“Refreshing.” Jimin smiles and Minjeong puts her water bottle away.

 

Minjeong stands there in front of Jimin, unusually fidgety as she stares at her shoes. Jimin’s sitting on the edge of the bed now, swinging her legs back and forth, assessing Minjeong.

 

“Hey, pres?” Jimin calls out to her, leaning forward and lower to catch a glimpse of Minjeong’s expression.

“Y-yes?” Minjeong looks up and Jimin smiles softly.

“It’s okay, you know. You don’t have to feel guilty.” Jimin says. “I was the one running into you.”
“Oh.” Minjeong relaxes slightly when Jimin says that. “Well, I-I just didn’t expect you to bleed—or faint! You scared me so suddenly.”

“Yeah, I didn’t expect that either." Jimin blushes, scratching at her nape in embarrassment. “But also, how did we get here?”

“I dragged you here on my back.”

“ You what?”

 

Jimin’s eyes widen and Minjeong nods.

 

“A-are you okay?” Jimin fusses. “I’m not very light, you know. And you’re quite small—but not in a bad way! Just a cute way—I mean, just, well—are you okay?”

 

Minjeong giggles softly and Jimin’s eyes sparkle with adoration.

 

“I’m fine; I’m just small, not weak.” Minjeong smiles. “And as the student president, I was worried about your wellbeing and wanted to act quickly.”

“Well, thank you and sorry for bothering you. I mean, you missed one of your classes too, right? How long have I been here?” Jimin frowns.

“You were out for two hours and it’s okay; I can catch up.” Minjeong shrugs.

“Two hours? Have you been here that long?” Jimin’s eyes widened comically.

“Well,” Minjeong says, looking at the wall shyly and Jimin finds her behaviour odd. “It was for a good cause. I–I was worried about you a-as the student council president.” 

“Well, you’re the best president we’ve ever had.” Jimin grins and Minjeong smiles.

“Thank you.” Minjeong says shyly.

 

“Uh, how about we get out of here?” Jimin gets off the bed and awkwardly stops right in front of Minjeong, now noticing how close Minjeong was standing in front of her. 

“S-sure.” Minjeong backs away and Jimin swallows.

 

They secure their belongings and head out.

 

“Sorry again.” Jimin scratches at her hair, her ears aflame. “I feel bad that you had to drag me all the way here. If there is anything you need or want, tell me and I’ll try my best to give back to you.”

“You don’t have to feel indebted to me; it was my duty as—”
“I–I know, but I just—I want to. Please.” Jimin smiled bashfully and Minjeong nodded slowly.

“Okay. Okay, yeah, I will.” Minjeong responds.

“Great!” Jimin beams. “Um, I’m going to go now, Pres! Have a good rest of your day!”

“You too.” Minjeong chuckles, watching Jimin jog in the other direction. “Be careful!”

 

Minjeong shakes her head with amusement before going on her own. She smiles to herself.

 

Jimin wasn’t that bad today.



 

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚



 

“Ning Yizhuo. Also known as Ningning. Girlfriend of my teammate and best bud, Uchinaga Aeri.” Jimin locates Ningning in one of the classes they share and slides into the seat beside her. 

“What?” Ningning side eyes her, sending a sharp glare.

 

Jimin in a breath, not willing to be deterred by Ningning’s scary gaze and the chilly atmosphere just created, since she’s on a mission.

 

“I need a favour.”




 

The tickets are being announced for purchase and before she announces the kissing booth tickets for the president, Ningning scours the hallways for any witnesses before taping a sold out sign to Minjeong’s poster—where she’s sitting at a table in front of the office.

 

When the people arrive, everyone is dumbfounded.

 

“Hey, vice president.” A guy stands in front of her.

“Yes?” Ningning looks over at him through her glasses as she counts the tickets for the other booths.

“Is the kissing booth with President Minjeong already sold out?” He asks.

“Yes.”

“But…the tickets were just announced?”
“Too slow, too bad.” Ningning shrugs and he grumbles before walking away.

 

She gets the same question up until she closes the ticket booth and she’s exhausted. She packs up and checks the ticket book to see if she got every transaction right. She puts the documents safely in her cabinet before peeking over at Minjeong’s desk, finding her working hard on her computer.

 

“Did everything go well with the tickets?” Minjeong asks, not looking up.

“Yep! All sold.” Ningning says.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter