one

behind the lenses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 characters:
rosè - andre
suzy - isabelle/belle/elle
jisoo - jules
chanyeol - leo (guitarist)

the rest of the band, not gonna give them names coz yeah (they're not really important)

 

“When did you start seeing her again? Like, how did you two meet?” My best friend/manager, Jules, was driving me to our date when she suddenly asked about us.

“You’re being random right now. Haven’t I told you before?”

“Then why can’t I remember?”

“You’re getting old.”

“Just tell so we have something to talk about.” I adjusted my seat and tried to return to the day I met her.

 

Flashback

 

“Andre! Can you spot all the cameras?”

I was on stage with my band. We were rehearsing for our first biggest audience yet. The management wanted to film us singing our new song, “In The Crowd,” about locking eyes with a stranger and falling in love instantly; hence, the three cameras were positioned to capture all the angles. One in the center, far left, and far right. I couldn’t see who was behind the camera because they were all wearing the same baseball cap.

“Yep! I see them all.”

“Remember where they’re placed ‘coz there’ll be no lights later!” The director shouted somewhere backstage.

I remember how stressed we were, how nervous the whole band was because it’s a bigger stage than the bars and coffee shops we’ve performed on. The people were slowly filling in, and I couldn’t stop fidgeting.

“Hey, why don’t you chill? You’re gonna kill it out there. I’m sure they’ll like the song you wrote, ‘Dre.” Leo, who formed the band, handed me a bottle of water. He’s been everyone’s pillar since we started practicing in his garage, and we’ve been friends since he saw me perform on Jules’ birthday.

“Thanks. I’m not confident about it, but I’ll make sure they won’t forget this night.”

The lights went off, and I didn’t expect the crowd's roar. I looked at Leo; he was already looking at me, excited to play and pour our hearts out.

“What a great crowd you are.” The cheers almost made my ears bleed.

“And because of that, we will perform an unreleased song tonight.” The band began the count, and the director asked me to walk to the left through my in-ear. We’ll be filming for the music video now, so I tried to comb through the crowd for the camera.

That’s when I saw her.

The heat probably reached her, forcing her to remove her cap. I didn’t even notice that she was a girl at first.

On that stage, as I walked towards her, eyes locked, I felt something.

 

End of flashback
 

 

“Your song happened to you in real life. That’s like 1 in a million.” I smiled at the thought of how rare that moment was. It happens in movies, in fiction, in a parallel universe. It felt like we were in a music video, and I wished I had a camera to capture how beautiful she was.

And the happiness bursts upon thinking that that moment was ours only, and ours only.

“She was an intern; her work caught the director’s eyes, and that’s how she got the part. Most of her shots made it to the music video, too. I feel so proud of her now that she’s working with other directors. God, I love her so much I think I’d break if I lost her.” Jules looked at me, eyes laced with concern.

 

Right, we’re not doing well right now.

 

We arrived at a remote location Isa rented for the night. Fame was hard to handle, and I don’t think the world is prepared for us. Our drummer admitted to the rumors of him being in a relationship with Leo, which received mixed reactions. Some were supportive, some were hateful, and others, those who wanted Leo and me to be together, were conflicted.

I tried to voice my opinion, but Jules stopped me from answering anything related. She said she’s only protecting us, but sometimes it feels controlling.

She went out of the establishment as soon as she heard the car. She looked serious, almost scary, but I knew she was trying to mask her emotions. There could be anyone with a camera right now, ready to take the next big issue, and we don’t want that to happen.

“Have a great day. I’ll fetch you tomorrow m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter