FIN

A Marriage Beyond The Grave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana looked at herself in the mirror as one of the maids was fixing her wedding dress. Sana sighed, feeling as if there were any other way to escape this problem. She couldn't even pass it to her siblings because, after all, she was their only child. Sana couldn't reject the offer since her parents were the ones controlling her.

“I never dreamed of this,” Sana mumbled while the maid continued to fix her hair. The reason behind Sana's arranged marriage to a stranger, whom she didn't know, was to save their house. Once the wedding was fixed, the government would stop seizing their house, making it permanently theirs.

A creak of the door made Sana look up and see her mother's face.

 

“Fix your face, Sana; your wife is coming,” her mother said.

 

“Why do I need to do this, Mom?” Sana questioned.

 

“It’s for the best. Can you not complain? I was also like that,” Sana sighed. She knew her parents had also entered into an arranged marriage to secure the future of their family, and it never stopped. All Sana wished for was a partner who, like her, was willing to break the tradition of their parents.

 

“But you love each other now,” Sana said, looking at her father who spit out his water.

 

“Over my dead body I will never love this nasty person,” her mother declared before closing the door.

 

“It’s now or never,” Sana whispered to herself as she saw the maid had already finished with her. On the other side, Dahyun was getting ready as well. Their families were now heading to the house. Sana remembered her soon-to-be wife.

 

“Fix yourself, Dahyun. Show how good-looking and oriented you are,” Dahyun heard her mother say. Dahyun could only shake her head before letting out a sigh, as if she had a choice to run away from this issue. She remembered that this marriage could only save the lives of their family.

 

“Why do even arranged marriages fix this situation?” Dahyun questioned herself, but the only thing she could think was, ‘We're going to die anyways.’

 

A loud chime of the carousel woke Dahyun from her daydream. As she left the cart, she saw a dark, almost haunted house. Despite the strange appearance, she chose not to complain; her future wife's house was much better than their own.

 

Stepping inside, she was welcomed by two figures. One wore a goofy smile, whom Dahyun assumed was her future father-in-law. Glancing at the other person, Dahyun almost fell to her knees, feeling the intimidating presence of the latter.

 

“Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. and Mr. Minatozaki,” Dahyun heard her mother say. Dahyun could only bow, too tired to speak, nervously contemplating what would happen next.

 

“Sana is getting ready, you can come inside.” As they walked in, Dahyun's eyes roamed around the house. It was surprisingly neat, considering its intimidating exterior. What caught her attention was a piano beside the hall. She glanced back at her parents, who were touring with the Minatozaki family.

 

Dahyun sneakily walked over to the piano it wasn't dusty and appeared well-maintained. She slowly sat down, feeling the keys under her hands.

"I can't believe I'm doing this at my wedding," Dahyun mumbled before starting to play ‘Piano Sonata No. 9’, expressing her sadness. Unbeknownst to her, someone was already observing from upstairs.

 

Sana snapped back to reality when she heard a beautiful piano melody. The music carried a profound sadness, resonating with Sana's emotions. Intrigued, she decided to investigate, walking out to find a pale girl with closed eyes playing the piano. The melancholy notes tugged at Sana's heart, and she hoped this person would be a positive presence in her life. Sana decided to walk beside Dahyun, who was lost in the deep mindset of playing the piano.

“Can I join?” Sana said, making Dahyun startle to the point where she almost knocked over the vase on the piano.

 

“Oh God, I’m so sorry,” Dahyun shrieked, holding the vase tightly while looking at the girl who was wearing a wedding dress.

 

Dahyun's mouth was agape; she wasn't expecting her future wife to be this pretty.

 

“I’m Sana,” Sana introduced herself, extending her hand.

 

“I’m Dahyun,” Dahyun replied, shaking their hands.

 

Sana sat beside Dahyun before touching the keys.

“When I was young, my parents wouldn’t let me touch this, but seeing you play it so well, it motivates me.”

 

Both smiled at each other genuinely, as if they were trying to understand each other's feelings when a loud voice startled them. Dahyun almost lost her hold on the vase, and the two looked up to see Sana’s parents along with Dahyun’s parents.

 

“Talking with each other while you are not in the wedding was prohibited. Both of you are not allowed to talk nor touch each other,” Sana’s mother declared as she stood in the middle, pulling Sana and Dahyun away from each other.

 

"The priest is coming here soon," Sana's mother says before pulling her daughter away, leaving Dahyun at the piano.

 

Dahyun can only shake her head, brushing the dust off her suit.

 

"When will this end?"

 

Fast forward

Dahyun suddenly feels all her sweat, and suddenly, she is nervous. Now that she is going to get married, the priest is looking through her soul, making her even more nervous.

 

"Now, as I pronounce your wedding, you should give your vow," the priest says, holding the Bible and looking at Dahyun, who is now pronouncing her vow.

 

Dahyun shakily holds the glass before looking at Sana, who is watching her with concern at the sudden change of aura.

 

"I t-take this glass to pro-" Dahyun stutters, making the glass fall. She catches it clumsily, and her parents can only facepalm while Sana's parents do not like what is happening.

 

"It's okay," Sana whispers, giving her an assuring smile.

 

Dahyun awkwardly smiles before holding the glass.

 

“I take this glass to prove and accept what Sana will give to me,” Dahyun says, while Sana holds the wine before opening it.

 

“And, I open this wine to fill the glass of Dahyun with my never-ending love,” Sana finishes before pouring the glass and now looks at Dahyun, who is shaking in front of her. Sana can't blame Dahyun for feeling that way; they only met a while ago, and now they are getting married. It’s a lifelong commitment.

 

“I-I take this ring to vow my lov—" Dahyun is cut off in her vow as the ring accidentally slips from her hand, earning gasps from everyone. Dahyun shrieks before looking for the ring, which is now rolling towards Sana’s parents. Dahyun's parents try to stop the ring, with her father accidentally stepping on the dress of Sana’s mother, eliciting a shriek from her. Dahyun ends up diving between Sana’s mother's legs, making everyone gasp at the situation, while Sana watches in shock.

 

Despite that, the priest does not like it and decides to close the Bible before pointing at Dahyun, who looks scared holding the ring tight.

 

“YOU! YOU ARE NOT READY TO GET MARRIED!” The priest yells, earning gasps from the visitors, while Sana sadly looks at Dahyun, who is now running outside to leave the chapel.

 

LATER THAT NIGHT

“Sana, stop walking, would you?” Her parents say as Sana paces back and forth, looking at the door, hoping Dahyun will come. It’s been hours since Dahyun ran away from their wedding, but despite that, Sana doesn't hold grudges; she's worried for the latter.

 

“Calm down, Sana. Dahyun will come back; that girl was scared in the dark,” Dahyun's mother assures, earning a small smile from Sana before she settles down.

 

“If your daughter does not come back tonight, I will stop the wedding and arrange for my daughter to marry someone else,” Sana's eyes widen at her mother's words.

 

“But?”

 

“No 'buts,' Sana. Whether you like it or not, you will follow us,” Sana’s mother says before standing up and leaving them alone.

 

On the other side of the place, on the same day, a pale girl was roaming inside the forest, murmuring to herself, not minding how scary the place looked.

 

“How come you can't pronounce it, Dahyun? It was a vow, and you are even lucky because Sana looks so nice,” Dahyun mumbles before kicking a stone in front of her.

 

“You only have one vow that both will benefit from this,” Dahyun continues.

 

“I take the glass,” Dahyun shakes her head.

 

“No, you need to say, 'As I take,'” Dahyun mumbles before practicing again.

 

“As I take this glass, I accept all the love Sana and prove how worthy I am. As I raise this glass, I, Kim Dahyun, am willing to be tied with Sana for better or for worse,” Dahyun continues before raising the imaginary glass.

 

“As I hold this ring, I promise to vow my whole self and be with you through thick and thin. Will you marry me?” Dahyun finishes before inserting the ring onto a random stick.

 

“Goodness, I did it!” Dahyun cheers while jumping. Her excitement is exchanged for fright as the cold wind passes and a sudden noise makes Dahyun slowly look to her right, only to find a corpse-looking body staring at her.

 

“I do,” Dahyun, who is pale, becomes even paler before letting out a loud yell.

 

Dahyun stared with wide open at the corpse, who was now looking at her with a smile. Dahyun could even see a maggot in her eye.

 

“W-who are you?” Dahyun asked, despite shaking in her place.

 

“I’m your wife,” the latter answered.

 

“What do you mean wife? I don’t even know you,” Dahyun replied before she could even mutter something. Her words were cut off when the corpse in front of her raised her hand, showing the ring on her finger.

 

“I’m your wife; didn't you say a while ago that you vowed your love to me and asked me to marry you?” the latter explained. It was too much information for Dahyun because how could she be talking to a corpse right now. A while ago, she was bound to get married to Sana, and now a corpse was claiming to be her wife. Dahyun held her aching head from too much confusion before passing out.

 

LATER THAT NIGHT

 

Dahyun lazily opened her eyes as the blasting sound of music and noises could be heard. She slowly sat down, adjusting her eyes to the light, and the first thing she saw was a skeleton looking at her.

 

“Skeleton?” Dahyun asked herself before wiping her eyes. The sudden realization hit her, making her stand on her feet.

 

“A s-skeleton!” Dahyun shrieked before running, only to find everyone in that place dead. Dahyun, shaking, looked at herself before giving a sigh, seeing she was still human.

 

“Oh God, why am I here?” Dahyun asked herself. “God, Sana is waiting for me. We need to get married as soon as possible,” Dahyun continued, looking around.

 

“Where am I?” The questions in Dahyun's head were cut off when she heard a soft voice calling her.

 

“My wife!” A corpse girl in a wedding gown yelled, trying to find Dahyun, who was hiding behind a bush. When Dahyun realized who it was, she did not hesitate to run as fast as possible.

 

“WHAT THE HELL, WHERE IS THE ING DOOR?” Dahyun panicked when she realized that every person she passed by was telling the corpse where she was.

 

“My wife!” The corpse yelled again but cut off when a maggot on her head talked.

 

“You are not her wife,” the corpse only ignored the statement before throwing the maggot on the other side before asking some of her friends.

 

On the other side, Dahyun was trying her best not to breathe, realizing there was no point in running away since the corpse claiming to be her wife could find her easily.

 

“There you are,” Dahyun slowly looked to her side to find the corpse girl smiling at her.

 

“AHHHHHH!” Dahyun yelled, but before she could even run, the corpse was already holding her tight.

 

“Please, I’m begging you. I don’t belong here. See?” Dahyun answered as she raised her arm with flesh, unlike the corpse who was just bones.

 

“But I’m your wife,” Dahyun slowly shook her head but decided to calm down.

 

“It’s kind of weird that I don’t know your name,” Dahyun mumbled, earning a sigh from the latter.

 

“I’m Tzuyu,” the corpse answered.

 

“Dahyun,” Dahyun replied before inhaling. Before Dahyun could answer, she was startled when a loud sound of music came.

 

“Here is the newly married couple!” one said while holding his guitar.


Dahyun only wake from dream when tzuyu pulled her in the middle eaning a applause from everyone

 

“Wait guys” Dahyun cut them off making them stop clapping and look at dahyun who suddenly became nervous because all eyes are on her

“uhh” dahyun cleared before looking at tzuyu

 

“Idk what is happening but what is this I don’t undestarnd?”dahyun says while everyone look at tzuyu sadly who suddenly become a silent and before dahyun can ask a lady wearing a coat came while holding a book

 

“you sit down and you better listen carefully,” the latter says

 

“Once upon a time there was a rich girl who was looking for a love and after finding it for years she finally find someone whom she could cherish a guy came from other place who make this girl fall in love and they lve and they love and everything they had become blook and when the marriage cam” The lady with coat stops and for dahyun there was a hint on her


“the guy took all her money before killing her on the forest and that girl is no other than,,,,, her!” dahyun look back to see tzuyu with a gloom on her face and with that the two were left alone leaving them together while tzuyu satdown

Dahyun looks at tzuyu she badly want to know what she looks but dahyun was so sad abt what happen to the latter so what she did is she slowly satdown beside tzuyu who looks at her dahyun awkwardly sat down before giving a big sigh

 

“uh” dahyun cough to catch the attention of tzuyu


“Im sorry that it happened to you,” dahyun start making tzuyu look at her

 

“yeah, It’s worse especially that guy take advantage of your love” dahyun continue

 

“You didn’t deserve that” dahyun slowly scratch her neck especially now that tzuyu is sobbing in front of her

 

“you are so kind” tzuyu says before shaking her head


“That’s how my parents taught me is to be kind” dahyun slowly smiles remembering her parents despite of arranging her to someone dahyun knows how her parents love her

 

“Your parents?”

 

“Yeah, they are waiting for me, do you want me to introduce you to them?” dahyun asks

 

“Sure, but before we can go we need to talk to the God of soul here” tzuyu answer dahyun looks at her weirdly


"God of Soul?" Dahyun asks, and it hits Tzuyu.

 

"Right, uh, in our world, there was a God of S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter