FIN!

Passed me a note / meet me tonight (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Karina has a problem.

 

She just can’t seem to keep her eyes off Winter when she’s passing through.

 

“What’d you do to her this time?” Giselle asks.

“Do to who?” Winter turns to her.

“Yu.” Giselle says, turning back to see that the girl hasn’t moved from her spot—her sharp cat eyes staring at the back of Minjeong’s head. “She’s glaring daggers at you.”

“Why does it have to be me who’s done something? What if she did something to me first?" Winter scoffs.

“Because she’s the one glaring, and you’re not.” Giselle chortles.

“Not my problem.” Winter rolls her eyes.

 

Winter Kim and Karina Yu.

 

Two names you will hear together around the air more than once. It’s as if they were celebrities but their feud is what keeps people going. Two students at the most prestigious colleges are, of course, rivals.

 

No one’s sure how the enemies made rocky ground beneath them, but some say it’s because in one year, Winter and Karina had a catfight in the bathroom due to liking the same guy and exited looking like they’d kill each other. No one intervened because they were terrified for their lives. 

 

Childish pranks, mouthfuls of trash talk and blatant teasing—Yu Karina and Kim Winter never seem to back down.

 

Winter’s sitting in the cafeteria with her friends, half annoyed out of her mind because of the table behind them with none other than Yu Karina.

 

A boy crowned the school jock since high school—where he peaked, Jeno—seems to be just as loud and rowdy and it’s ticking off Winter badly.

 

If he wants to fool around with Karina, they’d better move it outside and not where Winter’s trying to eat a meal and trying to fight off the worst headache induced by Karina.

 

“I’m heading to the library." Winter’s had enough. She stands up with her tray in her hands and just as she turns around, her tray is knocked out of her hands and is spilling down her white shirt.

“Holy !” Jeno chortled loudly. “I didn’t see you there!”

 

Winter inhales shakily and her friend’s eyes widen.

 

The entire cafeteria grows silent with winces and Karina covers a laugh.

 

“Seriously, I’m so sorry!” Jeno moves awkwardly, not sure what to do.

“It’s fine.” Winter grits out before walking out with cold strawberry milk running down her shirt.

 

“Should we follow her?” Chaeryeong asks.

“Don’t. She’ll be on her wraith. We’ll just meet her in the library; she’ll be there.” Giselle says.

 

Winter heads to the bathroom after grabbing a change of clothes from her bag. She’s in a stall, changing into a new, clean, light blue shirt. She exits the stall and heads to the sinks to wash her hands. She grabs a handful of paper towels and wets them before wiping away some of the spillage on her shoes and pants.

 

The bathroom door opens and Winter loses balance as she holds one foot up to wipe at it.

 

A hand grabs her arm to steady her and Winter’s just about to extend her gratitude when she looks up and comes face-to-face with an annoying smirk.

 

“Careful there, Kim.” Karina grins.

 

Winter huffs, tearing her arm out of Karina’s hold.

 

“Piss off.” Winter throws the paper towel in the bin before adjusting the bag on her shoulder.

 

Winter makes way for the door and Karina steps in front of her.

 

“Minjeong, don’t be like that.” Karina coos. 

“Seriously, move.” Winter huffs, and the throbbing in her head grows tenfold.

“Don’t be grumpy.” Karina grins. “He apologised; it was an accident.” 

 

Winter scoffs, poking the inside of her cheek with her tongue in frustration.

 

“Look, if you’re going to fool around with him, do it outside where you’re not disrupting the whole freaking world!” Winter pushes Karina aside before walking out to the library.



 



 

After that whole fiasco, no one dares to speak to Winter since she might burst out in anger and actually go kill someone. Giselle had handed over a bottle of water and pills since she noticed Winter’s discomfort with her head earlier and she got a tight hug from Winter, which is rare at best.

 

“Maybe I should take care of our little Winter more if she’s that affectionate,” Yunjin teases.

“Don’t get used to it.” Winter rolls her eyes. 

 

Winter’s sitting at a table in the library with her friends, some of whom are Karina’s friends as well.

 

Yuna and Yunjin had been exiled to the end of the table for being too loud and Winter sits at the beginning of the table with Giselle, Chaeryeong, Lia and Sakura as they study nose-deep into books.

 

As peaceful as the study session has become because of Yuna and Yunjin’s exile, there’s just one thing that’s bothering Giselle, who is sitting in front of Winter.

 

Giselle turns around slowly and sure enough, there is Karina, staring at Winter again.  Winter doesn’t seem to take notice at all. She blinks and wonders if Karina ever gets tired of whatever she’s plotting in her mind.


 

Karina’s best friend, Ningning, takes a seat beside her.

 

“What’d you do this time?” Ningning asks, unimpressed.

“What does it have to be me?” Karina pouts. “What if she did something to me this time?”
“Well, did she?”

“...no.”

“Did you apologise? Giselle told me about it.” Ningning says and Karina frowns.

“Since when were you buddy-buddy with Uchinaga?”

“Since we’re best friend’s with two people who are close to setting off World War III," Ningning says and Karina stares at her, unimpressed. “We also take the same route home together.”

“Huh. I didn't know that.”

“Well, now you do.” 

 

"So, what did Uchinaga say?” Karina asks.

“Said Winter’s been in a mood all day. She’s got migraines or something.” Ningning shrugs. “You pissed her off.”

“Oops.” Karina grins sheepishly and Ningning rolls her eyes. 

 

The table is nudged and Karina turns to the interruption.

 

“O–oh, so sorry.” A guy bows.

“S’alright.” Karina nods.

 

And then she frowns when she sees him walk directly up to Winter’s table.

 

“Um, Winter?” A soft voice calls out and Winter turns away from her book to look up, where she sees a guy.

“Oh, Jake? Did you need something?” Winter asks.

 

Their friend’s watch curiously because they don’t ever remember if Winter’s interacted with a boy in school this friendly.

 

“Uh just… I wanted to give you this.” Jake clears his throat, slightly uncomfortable from all the attention.

 

He hands her a white envelope and Winter smiles.

 

“Thank you.” Minjeong nods.

“Right, um, I'll just head out now.” Jake bows and leaves.

 

Winter beams before slipping the envelope into her bag.

 

“Thank you?” Chaeryeong questions. 

“What was that?” Yunjin smirks.

“What?” Minjeong blinks.

“When do you ever accept a confession and say thank you for it?” Lia finds herself asking too. 

“It’s not a confession." Winter blushes.

 

“Did you just blush?” Giselle’s eyes widen. 

"No, I didn’t.” Winter clears . “They’re movie tickets.”

“For you and Jake?” Yuna gasps and Winter shushes her.

“Stop asking questions. I’m going with Taeyeon.” Winter says, mentioning her sister.

“Bummer.” Sakura snorts.

“I thought you were finally going to introduce someone to us.” Lia says.

“Don’t be lying to us, Missy. If I hear something about you and Jake, we won’t hesitate to jump you.” Yunjin says and Winter rolls her eyes.

“I wouldn’t lie.” Winter says, her eyes shifting elsewhere behind Giselle.


 

Karina stands up with Ningning, deciding to leave the library since Ningning seemed to not be able to get any of her work done after spending too much time on Twitter and TikTok.

 

Karina brushes past Winter’s table towards the exit and her eyes lock with Winter’s for a moment before she turns away. 

 

Winter picks up a fallen note.



 



 

Winter readjusts the collar of her zip hoodie and sways back and forth on the ball of her feet as she waits out in the night’s cold.

 

“Kim Minjeong.” Winter looks up from where she is standing outside of their local 24/7 convenience store and sees Karina coming towards her wearing a blue hoodie and loose joggers.

 

“Really?” Minjeong says, slightly unimpressed, holding up the folded note.


 

Meet me tonight.


 

“You knew exactly where to meet me."  

“I know you.” Winter shrugs.

 

Jimin grins brightly, her eyes crinkling up as she smiles. 

 

“Hi.” Minjeong blinks.

 

Karina walks towards Winter until she’s pressed up against the wall.

 

“W–what are you doing?” Winter’s eyes widen.

“Were you mad earlier?” Karina says it softly.

“I—I wasn't," Winter says.

 

Karina places a hand at Winter's hip and the other reaches up to perch under her chin.

 

“Liar.” Karina smiles softly.

“Jimin, what are you doing? Someone might see us.”

“Minjeong, relax. It’s late; no one’s going to be here except us.” Jimin chuckles and Minjeong blushes.

“I wasn’t mad earlier. I just had a migraine so I was overly sensitive to everything.” Minjeong tells her. “You were being too loud with Jeno and then he spilt milk on me.”

 

She huffs and Jimin reaches to caress gently at Minjeong’s head, playing with her auburn locks. 

 

“You were jealous.”

“Was not.” Minjeong frowns.

“I won’t make fun of you; just say you were.” Jimin chuckles.

“Fine. A little bit. I don’t like it when people get too close to you.” Minjeong recalls Jeno’s arm being on Jimin’s shoulder and how close they were earlier.

 

Jimin cups Minjeong’s cheek and leans in, pressing a long kiss to Minjeong’s red lips that makes her want to surrender every time.

 

“You’re the only one I’ll ever have my eyes on; you know that, right?” Jimin asks softly and Minjeong nods, her cheeks red from being shy.

 

“I’m sorry about being a earlier.” Minjeong admits.

“It’s okay. I wasn’t any better.” Jimin shrugs. 

 

There’s one thing people—many people, including the closest people around Winter—do not know. She has a girlfriend and it’s none other than her all-time rival, Karina.

 

Karina and Winter have been in a committed relationship since their freshman year after becoming close friends outside of university due to their parents being familiar with each other. With the rate of gossip in their school and how much both Karina and Winter grab the attention of everyone in school and of suitors individually, they chose it was best to not disclose what they mean to each other.

 

It’s not that they’ve been hiding their relationship because they’re ashamed of each other; it’s more like no one’s asked about their strange tension and what it means. It’s also because they’d rather not be public when all people do at school is gossip instead of studying and pursuing degrees, but hey, Karina and Winter get them since the workload is too much sometimes and they need to indulge in other things.


 

They share friends and share classes, but no one knows about them.

 

It’s easier that way when subtle brushing up against each other in the halls, teasing with flirtatious lilts in their tone, unsubtle gazes, and overly long bathroom visits can satisfy them.


 

“I was jealous earlier too," Jimin confesses.

“Of what?” Minjeong frowns.

“That boy.” Jimin pulls down the zip of Minjeong’s jumper slightly and noses Minjeong’s neck, breathing softly, inhaling Minjeong’s comforting scent—something of freshly washed cotton sheets. “What did he give you?”

 

Minjeong squirms when Jimin kisses her neck. Her hands bunch up the side of Jimin’s hoodie.

 

“A–ah, Jimin—not here; we’re in public.” Minjeong says but she doesn’t actively try to push Jimin away.

“Answer me, then.” Jimin peppers kisses, her teeth lightly grazing over Minjeong’s sensitive spot.

“Jimin!” Minjeong hisses at the tingling sensation that bursts through her body and shoves Jimin away slightly.

 

Minjeong stands up and straightens herself, zipping up her hoodie to her neck and smoothing out her hair as Jimin smirks.

 

“He was giving me movie tickets.” Minjeong tells her. “His uncle owns the cinema off campus and gave us discounted tickets in the Max theatre with the reclining loveseats.”

“For us?” Jimin asks, suddenly shy at the thought of Minjeong planning a date for them.

“Yes. This weekend.” Minjeong clears bashfully. “You talked about wanting to watch the nightmare before Christmas with me and the cinema’s doing a one-time show.”

 

“But you don’t like animations.” Karina blinks.

“But I like you.” Minjeong says and Karina blushes at the candid confession.

 

Jimin grins, pulling Minjeong into her as she wraps her arms around Minjeong’s waist.

 

“Aren’t you the best girlfriend ever?” Jimin hugs Minjeong tightly.

“Just for you." Minjeong blushes.

 

Jimin kisses her cheek and pulls away.


“Will you come over? My parents aren’t home until tomorrow. I’ll cook for you.” Jimin proposes.

“No funny business.” Minjeong narrows her eyes at her cheeky girlfriend.

“No promises.”

“Jimin.”
“What?” She pouts.

"Remember, we have early classes tomorrow.” Minjeong says it sternly.

“I know. Can you sleep over too? You can wear my clothes tomorrow.”

“You’re so spoilt.”
“So it’s a yes?”

“Yes.”



 



 

“Cute fit.” Giselle sides up against her. “Trying to impress someone?”

 

Winter had woken up early, deeply buried in Jimin’s embrace with her arms under Jimin’s shirt since she was hugging her to sleep. Jimin took dressing Minjeong up into her hands in the morning and Minjeong could only sit obediently on her bed.

 

Jimin had chosen a pleated skirt, a t-shirt she recalls Jimin wearing once,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter