PART 1

Is this LOVE?

AUTHOR'S POV

It has been a while since they last went on a relaxing vacation, after the hectic schedules they finally get to relax. Namjoon found this island from the internet, and according to the review they don’t have wifi, the only place that has it is in their restaurant. He took out his phone and turned the screen on and ‘Emergency Calls Only’ appeared on his lockscreen. 

“Oh great, they don’t have phone signals here either,” he mumbled. 

Which is fine, he has told his family about a bad signal while he’s away for three days.

He turned off his  phone and shoved it back into his pocket. He let out a content sigh as he looked out of the view in front of him while standing outside the porch of the Casita that he and Taehyung will be staying. The receptionist informed them that this month is not a peak season so there would be only 2 groups that they will accommodate this week, which he assumes are them and another group, which probably has arrived since he saw a few people with the resort’s staff carrying their bags earlier. 

It was a long trip but they are thankful that they came here and it seems everybody is liking it here so far.  

As he admires the beautiful view, a woman in a blue dress caught his attention, she’s all by herself walking and lightly kicking the sand as she walks then she stops and smiles as she gazes at the sea while her long hair is blown by the wind. Namjoon found himself in a daze, standing there like a fool while gazing at a girl that he had never seen before.  She turned her head to the side and gazed up to the sky and the brightness of the sun hit her, she closed her eyes and smiled. Her smile was serene. The kind of smile that is satisfying to see. Namjoon thought that it feels like he made something that is meaningful which results from responding with that kind of smile. 

From the distance a woman silently approaches her, but she slows down and crouches down, it seems she’s planning to scare the woman in a blue dress. His eyes caught her when she started to walk away, while the other kept crouching down, extending her arms out at her. However, before she even gets to reach the woman in a blue dress, she suddenly vanishes being one with the sand. The woman’s plan retreated and she can be seen laughing as she ran towards the woman and helped her up. 

As she stands up, she falls once again and their laughter can be heard from where he’s standing. The next thing he knew, he can’t seem to stop smiling witnessing all these. He turned his back around in case they would look around, looking if someone else has seen everything. He walked back to the room with a smile on his face but Taehyung suddenly walked out, surprised to see him up close, tilting his head to the side. “Why?” Taehyung smiles as he sees him smiling. 

Namjoon shakes his head and chuckles a little bit, “Nothing, I just remembered something,” he excused himself and got inside the room. 

Taehyung just shrugged his shoulders, “Okay. I’m going to the next room, but I can't find my hat. I think Jimin has it. I’ll be back!” he ran off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoongi asked Namjoon to go to the restaurant with him, thinking there might be food to order at this hour. Namjoon walked, matching his steps with the stone paths buried on the sand while listening to Yoongi’s rambles until he didn’t notice that they have reached the restaurant when suddenly someone bump into him

“Oh sorry,” he stared down at the person and met eyes with her. It’s that girl. 

He is stunned, and didn't expect that he’ll be seeing her like this. 

“Sorry, I didn’t see you.” he responded to which she replied with a smile.

That smile.. he finally got to see up close and he’s stunned, didn’t even notice that she already passed by him and went up the stairs to the restaurant. 

Yoongi nudged him to come back to his senses, “Namjoon-ah,” he calls out before he climbs up the stairs. “Oh right..” he followed suit behind him, and the only person he sees is her. There are only 2 staff there, plus him and Yoongi and the girl in a blue dress. 

“Can I have pineapple juice and melon shake please,” Namjoom heard as they line up behind her. 

“What’s your room number, ma’am?”

“Room 9,” she answers. 

He looked out of the restaurant and realized that his room is Room 10. He didn’t mean to eavesdrop but what can he do? He can hear them talking and it’s quiet in here, who wouldn’t be able to hear that? 

The staff asks the location of her table and she answers, “Downstairs near the entrance,” her voice is calm and soothing. It’s nice to hear it. 

“Alright ma’am, we will serve it to you in 5-10 minutes.”

“Okay. Thank you.” she replied before she walked back to her table. Namjoon kind of took a peek to know where she’s heading, but the staff asked for their order. 

After ordering, Yoongi looked for a table and sat down. Namjoon took the seat across from him, facing where she’s sitting. Of course he won’t see her since she’s down there and he’s up here, but it doesn’t matter since I can see her if ever she leaves.

He is distracted, he can’t hear Yoongi hyung as he looks out, checking if she has left or not.

“Joon-ah.” Yoongi calls out. 

“Ah hyung, sorry. I… I think I saw Seokjinnie hyung taking a swim,” I murmured as an excuse.

Yoongi turns his head to look out, “What?! I told him to wait for me,” he stands up. “Wait, I’ll be back,”

“Hyung! Wait-” before Namjoon could speak he ran off, watching him running off like a mad man as he passed by a group of people. Wait, is that her? She’s leaving already? He watched the group, well only to the girl in a blue dress as she walked further while holding the glass she ordered earlier.

A confused look visible in his face, confused because my attention was elsewhere, well, only her to be exact. “Damn, what is going on with me?” He thought. 

“What’s going on? What’s with your face?” Yoongi hyung shows up which I didn’t even notice. “Hyung, I didn’t see you coming,”

“That’s because you’re not being yourself. What’s with you?” I’m about to answer him when suddenly the staff came with our snacks and drinks. We both say our thank yous. 

“Nothing hyung, I was thinking about work, I guess. It makes me anxious these  days,” I lied. My answer is different but what I said was not a lie at all. That’s what has been bothering me for days and I needed this vacation to get out of it and good thing this planned vacation was pushed through. 

“Don’t worry about anything for now, we are here to relax. Let’s put our worries aside and just enjoy our 3 day vacation, okay? This is rare, so let’s not waste it, alright?” he assures me. He is right, I should put everything aside and just enjoy what we have now. I do enjoy it, ever since that woman appeared in front of me like magic. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night has come, everyone has eaten their dinner including the other group on the next table. The staff began clearing the table once everyone stood up and left. I take a glance from time to time whenever I get a chance to see her, what is this feeling I'm feeling? It feels like there are butterflies in my stomach.

Taehyung nudged me, “Hyung, let’s go. Jungkook brought UNO cards with him, let’s go to the cottage.”

Taehyung ushers me down as I take a last glance before I follow everybody towards  the hut cottage. Hoseok chose a cottage in front of our casita. A staff member is passing by and turns on the light for us. 

Jungkook throws the box of cards to the center and Hoseok takes it to shuffle, “Okay okay, form a circle guys, let’s start playing.” 

Everyone is having fun and concentrating on the game, cursing about the wild cards that Seokjin hyung keeps throwing at Yoongi beside him, since Taehyung and Jungkook keep putting down endless reversal cards. 

“I’m gonna kill you if you put down another reversal card,” Yoongi warned Taehyung, “and how many plus 4 cards do you have hyung? Stop or-” before he even finished his sentence Taehyung threw a blue reversal card and Seokjin hyung threw his plus 2 card this time, “Yellow! Or what? Are you gonna kill me too? Shout UNO first before you kill me,” Jin smirks then laughs out loud. 

Yoongi took 2 cards from the deck and threw a random number but with the color Seokjin wanted.

Yoongi glared at Jungkook, “Don’t you dare throw a reversal card this time, for god’s sake stop,” Jungkook cheekily smiles and throw the same number with a different color, “Uno!” he shouts, holding his one card out, then it’s my turn and thank goodness I have a card that has the same color and shouts UNO as well since I only have 1 card left. 

Hoseok also shouts UNO and Jimin comes next and Taehyung, now Yoongi hyung looks nervous as he waits for Seokjin hyung’s card.

“Hyung, please, stop with the wild cards!” He shouts which make us laugh as we wait for Seokjin hyung. 

Seokjin looked at Yoongi hyung with a grin, waving his 2 cards playfully at Yoongi. “I smell someone’s gonna lose tonight,” he throws one card out and shouts UNO which makes everyone laugh. Yoongi hyung falls back and yelps as he sits back up and reaches for a card from the deck which makes us laugh hard as he takes another card and another until he has the card to throw.

“Ahh!! I ain’t playing anymore,” he threw his cards down. 

“Wait wait hyung!! The game is not done yet!” Jungkook stops him then he throws his card with the same color of what Yoongi threw, and everybody shouts. Next is me, I throw my card, then Hoseok throws his, then Jimin, Taehyung and Seokjin. Everyone went crazy and Yoongi hyung left the cottage. “Am I the target here?!” 

Hoseok motions him to come back while holding onto his laughter, “Come here hyung, it’s time for punishment. Come.” Yoongi hyung climbed back up to the cottage and bent down on the center as we all hit his back multiple times before he collapsed and laughed.

“I hate you guys,” Yoongi hyung laughed. 

“Oh! (name)-ah!” Jimin calls out. I turned around and noticed a few people, the other responded to Jimin with a smile, then my gaze suddenly went to the girl who I bumped into earlier. 

“Wanna play with us?” Jimin asks as he waves a card in the air. I’m trying to avert my eyes to somewhere else but it fails and it shifts right back to her. 

The person Jimin asked turns around to get approval from his friends before he faces Jimin and nods. “Yeah sure, we were planning to play that too, but we forgot our card.”

Everyone moves to make a room, creating a big circle inside the cottage.

“By the way, this is (name), we played ball earlier with Taehyung, and you guys are?” Jimin gestures to the other group. One by one they start introducing themselves and the last one is her. 

“Hi, I’m Y/N. Nice meeting you guys.”

 

 

RM’s POV

I can feel myself smiling from ear to ear hearing her name, finally. She smiles at everyone including me which I respond with a nod and a smile. I’m trying to hold my smile, however, I can feel my face heating up a bit. I let out a breath to calm my nerves.

Jimin starts pointing at us, introducing us to them.

“Okay okay! Let’s start the game. Why don’t we sit alternately? Me then (name), then Jimin then (name),” everyone nods their heads and they let Jimin and Taehyung take charge of who sits with who.

“Y/N you can sit between Jungkook and Namjoon hyung,” my eyes widened and my panicked for a sec, but I held myself together and made room for her. Once she sits down, she smiles at Jungkook then to me and it’s driving me crazy.

What the hell is going on? I ask myself in my head, but lowkey, thanking Taehyung for it. If it's not because of him I wouldn’t get to sit with her. 

The game goes on and on, we just turned for round 3 since it ends quickly because there are too many people playing. Throughout the game I don’t mind if Y/N gives me wild cards because I would love to play with her more. I chuckle a bit from that thought and thank goodness no one notices it, even her, or they do but interpret differently. 

The game lasts until 6 rounds then everyone takes a break and starts talking among themselves, some go for a bathroom break while some goes to their rooms and fetches some chips and other snacks to share. 

“Sorry if I keep on throwing wildcards on you,” Y/N softly said as she gave me a light nudge on my arm. Just a millisecond of skinship gives me an electrifying feeling down my spine. Oh shoot, is she talking to me? Well, she won’t nudge me if she’s not, you fool. 

I give her a smile and lightly shake my head, “Nah it’s alright, you played very well. It seems you are an expert in this game because you never lose.”

She let out a chuckle, “Well, it takes a lot of practice doing different strategies,” she jokingly said, “actually, this is the first time since I played again. I guess my tricks still work.” She smiles widely at me.

I can't help but smile back, I hope that she won't notice how in a daze I am right now just seeing her smile this close is like I'm leveling up too fast. Too fast until I do not know how to respond. 

"Hey, do you want to stroll around a bit? I feel a cramp in my leg since we've been sitting down for too long," she asked. Oh wait, did she just ask me? To stroll? Like hell yeah, I would love to!!

"S-sure! Sure." 

The voice in my head right now is like, 'Namjoon-ah, don't stutter. You can do this. Pull yourself together and relax. This is your chance to get to know her better.' I really should do something to impress her, but what?

She stands up from her seat and in an instant I stand up as well and climb down, I hold out my hand to her hoping she'll take it. Hoping that she'll let me help her just for a second, maybe this could be my way to impress her. After too many thoughts in my head I didn't notice that she actually took my hand and made a little jump to get out of the cottage. She grabbed her slippers and carried it instead of wearing it. She led the way and I followed suit behind her, climbing the little hill before getting to the shore. 

"So… you guys finally get some rest," She said while trying to step out of a few stones scattered and quickly went to the part where there's only sand. I watch her feet move as I keep following her with hands behind my back. 

"Yeah, we finally did. We all need it," I smiled, a bit surprised that I think she knows us. Probably not a fan, because if she is she would have screamed on top of her lungs or maybe fainted. "You know us?" I don't know why, but it sounds dumb to ask. 

She chuckled a bit as she took all her hair and moved it to her left side exposing her neck. "Who wouldn't? You guys are all over the news, breaking records here and there. Who wouldn't know?," 

"Well, I only know you guys by your group's name but have no knowledge of your names. I’ve been busy with life, I don't even watch television but I kind of surf the net but not too much," she gives me an apologetic smile and I can't help but chuckle when she responds. I shake my head, "Hey, it's alright. Actually, it's nice to encounter someone who doesn't really know us. I mean, you know us but you are not a fan,"

"So, you are lowkey happy that I don't recognize you and go crazy?" She laughs. 

"Hmm maybe?" I answer.

"Isn't it nice that no one recognizes you just for a while? You can enjoy roaming around or just being yourself without worrying about your image." I look at her in awe.

"Do your friends know who we are?" I asked curiously, now walking beside her matching her small steps to keep the pace.

"Only one knows, the others? Hmm I think if you mention Bangtan Seonyeondan or BTS, they will know." 

I nod my head, "Don't you feel conscious being with me?" I mumble. 

She looked at me and shook her head, "No. Maybe because we met casually and played games together?" She smiles and shrugs her shoulders.

I nod my head and smile back, "Probably. Anyway, it's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too as Namjoon," I can't help but smile widely at her reply.

"That's nice to hear, because it feels like I'm making friends as me and not as an idol," I said as I spoke my mind. 

"I'm honored to hear that. It sounded special in a way," she chuckled softly. 

We kept the conversation going, hopping to different topics which led us to know more about each other. The more I get to know her, the more I'm falling for her.

 

 

Author's note:

Heyya!! Will post the next part soon :) Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!