Planning an elaborate surprise

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV:

I bought an engagement ring for Irene kanina nung naghiwalay kami sa Piazza Navona, I called an old schoolmate Antonio Rizzo, to give us a tour of Juliet's supposed to be house tomorrow. I also called a few more classmates to help me propose to her in front of the Eiffel Tower. France, the most romantic place ever. Irene had small hands and fingers. Nothing has changed about her, in fact when I pulled her with me to the hotel, she was still light as a feather. She could be heavy when she wanted to be honest, especially when she had a few shots in her, she's heavy as . She previously had a size 6 ring, I knew because on our 6th monthsary, we made our custom ring which looked like a wedding band. I noticed she was wearing it earlier just like I am wearing mine. Some things never change I guess.

I told my friends to prepare in 9 days, I wanted to sing to Irene, I wanted to have a flash mob or something like that, maybe serenade her. Sa sobrang excited ko kanina, I told the front desk employee that, Irene doesn't know it yet but I will be proposing to her in France, Paris. I spoke to the front desk in Italian, habang si Irene kinacancel ang reservation nya sa room for rent.

I spoke to Mommy Elise as well, while I waited for Irene at the Piazza. Ipinaalam ko na kay Mommy na magpopropose na ako kay Irene in 9 days. I told her that I was so sure about Irene and I, sinabi ko din na magkasama kami ni Irene, I told her to be quiet about my surprise. Mommy said yes and gave me her blessing for Joo-hyun's hand. I also spoke to her little sister Hyeori, she works for their construction company.

Si Hyeori din pumayag na but warned me to be careful of her sister's heart, dahil kung sakaling saktan ko daw ang kanyang nakakatandang kapatid, she will break my bones and she'll put me on a comatose. Pretty scary right? But I will do whatever it takes not to hurt her again. I also talked to my Mom at saktong andun din si Ate Hope. To let them know that I will be proposing to Irene. They were thrilled, Mom met Irene a week after she moved in, Mom was so pleased with her. Favorite girlfriend siya ni Mommy for me, so hearing that Irene and I has gotten back together made her really happy.

The engagement ring that I got her earlier was so pretty, it was from Damiani, ang style ng ring ay solitaire, with diamonds paving the sides and the center stone is prominent, the center looks like a rose bud. It costs 4.2 million won, I wrote a check for them na ibabawas sa savings ko. I don't carry that amount of money of course. So I issued a check to them na bukas nila ma-eencash, I asked them to deliver the said ring to one of their shops in Paris after 9 days. Sa Paris ko na lang pipick-upin ang singsing. The clerk gave me my receipt and informed me that the nearest shop they have in Paris was in Place Vendôme near the Louvre.

My plan was to get her to see art in the Louvre and then take her in front of the Eiffel Tower and then propose to her at Sunset. Pero naisip ko, hindi ako makakatakas mula kay Irene to pick up the ring. So, I had to ask Katarina Giuseppe to pick it up and drop it off at the lobby of our Hotel in Paris. Katarina was one of my friends from school. She works in Paris for a designer. She agreed to deliver to me the ring, I sent her a copy of my receipt and an authorization letter via email.

I looked at Irene now who was marveling at the view of our terrace. Breath taking naman talaga ang view from the terrace, old cobble stone streets and old buildings probably from the 1800s still littered the city, it was quiet in Rome, there was summer solstice currently, kaya mamaya pang mga 7 or 8pm magsasunset. In the winter the place isn't that cold, probably because it was the city built under a volcano, kaya medyo mainit pa din dito kumpara sa Milan.

I approached her eventually and gave her a back hug, I placed a chaste kiss on her shoulder. Truly thankful that I got to show her Italy, where I lived once.

"We should get some dinner, we'll go to the Colosseum, sikat na attraction dito sa Rome, since galing na tayo sa Vatican at sa Piazza Navona." I whispered to her.

She turned to me and smiled, she hugs me and said.

"Thank you, mine. For showing me around here." She said.

"Always welcome mine." I said to her.

She pulls away from the hug eventually and grabbed my hand as she pulled me inside our room, the room was cold where as the outside was so warm. It was summer after all, she got her luggage and brought out a light blue denim off the shoulder dress, she places the dress on the bed beside me, she brought out a velcro strapped sneakers and her blue foot socks. She was wearing a strappy heeled sandals at the moment. She was always conscious of what she wears, often stylishly mismatching things such as skirts, dresses, jackets and her earrings. Lahat ng pictures namin sa red carpet you will notice that sometimes her earrings doesn't match the right ear or the left ear.

People thought she was wearing a unique set of earrings when they were intentionally mismatched, often I get to wear the other one. She has a gorgeous face that people barely noticed her earrings are always mismatched. She intentionally does this to poke fun at the press and the korean public. Just to see if they'd even notice it. Unfortunately no one did, it was only I who notices every bit of her. Nakakatuwa naman na all these years, she's still mismatching some things. No one notices what she wears because her face is such a visual, there had to be a flaw to her.

I smiled at her as she undresses and heads to the bathroom, I missed her awfully, if I am being honest, I wouldn't let her go, but dinner awaits us at a restaurant. I have to let her prepare for dinner. The life we lived three years ago was fine, we were happy, pero hindi pa ako masyadong ready to really love her, there were days that I wanted to be alone and she didn't recognize it because she loves me so much, she was happy with me even in silence.

Magkaiba kami ng coping mechanism ni Irene, she always wanted us to be together and I was the one who wanted some time alone, doing mundane things such us cooking for myself and enjoying myself. She was the most affectionate one out of us two. Even Joy would agree to this. Joy was now with a woman, it was our classmate Yerin, she recently debuted with (G) Friend, currently promoting with them. They were happy, Park Soo-young was truly happy with her, unlike when she was with Sungjae, the romance eventually fizzled months after Irene and I got together. Joy was a strong woman, not to be outdone by Sungjae, she came out to the press shaming him and denying there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter