Once Again

In every universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the year 2050 of the current universe, a conflict erupted between North and South Korea, causing widespread turmoil among the citizens of both nations. The impact of the war was particularly felt in universities, which became deliberate targets under the orders of the North Korean leader.

Amidst this chaos, a handful of fortunate students underwent reincarnation, finding themselves reborn in an alternate reality. This new universe presented them with a unique opportunity to pursue the dreams that had been tragically cut short in their previous lives.

Seizing this second chance, many individuals now had the prospect of achieving the aspirations that were robbed from them by the cruel hand of fate. With a fresh start in this parallel world, they embarked on a journey to fulfill their ambitions, harnessing the potential they were once denied.

As they navigated this altered existence, their stories became intertwined, carrying the weight of not only their personal dreams but also the collective resilience of those who refused to be silenced by the ravages of war.

Even within the realms of an alternate universe, despite being granted the rare opportunity to relive her past life through reincarnation, nothing could compare to the unparalleled radiance Yu Jimin exuded. Every facet of her being seemed to outshine the cosmos itself.

Those eyes held a brilliance that could eclipse entire galaxies, drawing Minjeong into their depths with an irresistible pull. The gentle arc of Jimin's cheekbones, as they curved into a smile, had the power to weaken Minjeong's legs, rendering her powerless under their charm.

Jimin's light was more luminous than the stars that speckled the night sky, brighter even than the moonlight path Minjeong traversed each night. There was this soft brightness that seems to glow in her bright eyes and seep out of her every pore and Minjeong was absolutely drawn to it.

A soft glow seemed to emanate from Jimin's eyes, permeating every fiber of her being. It was a warmth that Minjeong found herself irresistibly drawn to, a magnetism she couldn't escape. The sheer intensity of her feelings, the way her heart raced whenever Jimin was near, painted a vivid picture of the depth of Minjeong's affection. It wasn't just admiration, it was a love that transcended time and space, an emotion she couldn't deny even in the face of an alternate reality.

 

 

In the days that followed, a sharp and cruel sting met her right cheek, leaving behind a painful mark. The once warm and tender gaze in Jimin’s eyes had transformed into a distasteful expression, filled with annoyance and vexation. The stark contrast between the past and the present was a bitter pill to swallow.

Despite her best intentions, Minjeong found herself unable to uphold her promise. The declarations she had once convinced herself of – that she wasn't in love and could leave whenever she pleased – had unraveled amidst the memory of Jimin's smile and the emotions her gaze had kindled within her. It was as if those lies had slipped away, lost within the enchanting moments they had shared.

Blinking back the sting of tears, Minjeong drew in a shuddering breath, her voice quivering as she spoke. "I don't want this anymore, I don't want you anymore."

The words were uttered with a mixture of desperation and resolve, marking a turning point she couldn't ignore.

In that moment, the weight of her decision hung heavy in the air, the realization that she had severed a connection that had once been so profound. As she turned away, her heart ached with the echoes of her own words and the haunting image of Jimin’s expression, etching a painful memory that she knew would linger far beyond the present.

Minjeong will never forget the vacant look in Jimin’s eyes, like someone took her very soul away and what's left is a hollowed chest with a barely beating heart.

Minjeong’s gaze reopens just in time to capture a fleeting view of Jimin's retreating figure. And that's that. That's all Minjeong allows herself and it’s enough; she’s content. She convinces herself that this small exchange is all she needs to feel content.

Yet, deep within, she understands that this sense o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter