Final

New Emotions
Please log in to read the full chapter

Myungsoo, being a pro photographer had lots of cameras with him, from digital single-lens reflex camera, mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera to movie camera, he had his fair share of collection. One day as he was sorting out his cupboard, he thought he should get rid of some of them since he is adding more.

He looked at his DSLR Canon camera, which brought back nostalgic feeling. It was his first ever camera, gifted by his family on his 18th birthday. So, despite haven’t using it for such a long time, the equipment held strong place in his heart for it’s emotional value.

So, he chose one of his early mirrorless camera and thought to put it in second hand sale page.

 

Due to latest advancements in cameras, the rate for his Olympus E-M10 Mark IV had dropped down heavily since he purchased. When he had bought the piece, it had just launched in the market and was hero of that time!

With a heavy heart, he listed his treasured piece in half of the original price.

 

 

The photographer got quite a lot of inquiries but no one actually closed the deal. Some did lots of bargaining, some wanted to see it themselves before actually purchasing. While he had no problem with people wanting to check the product before making decision, he was irritated by how those people who came, took a look, told it was old model or made other excuses and left. He had properly mentioned the model name, code, number of years it had been used and all the needed information, people still bugged him on that.

After a bunch of people dillydallying, he was frustrated at the situation.

His phone dinged signaling incoming of a message. He unlocked his phone to check the message hoping it wouldn’t be another hopeless case.

SY: “Hello, is it still available?” 

MS:“Yes, are you still interested?”

SY: “Umm… I want to learn photography but I have no prior knowledge. Would it be suitable for a beginner like me???”

MS: “It’s perfect for the beginner. It’s simple to use, you can master it in few try.”

SY: “Hehe… sounds just right for me then! J”

MS: “It offers some clever computational tricks, has in-built stabilizer and it’s the most compact and lightweight system in the market.”

SY: “Yey!!!”

SY: “Btw, can I get little discount on the listed price? Since it’s my first time to buy it and I am not sure if I would be able to master the art, it would be kind of you if you would consider reducing the price a little…uwu”

MS: …

SY: “If you would be little considerate, I’ll send my brother tomorrow to fetch the item J”

By the flow of conversation and the use of lots of emojis,  Myungsoo assumed the person to be a female university student. He felt the sincerity of the person, so he reduced 2K from the listed price and closed the deal.

The next day, he was waiting for the call but he didn’t receive any.

Was it another fruitless chat…sigh.

SY: “Sorry, something came up so, couldn’t send my brother. Will surely send him tomorrow J”

MS: “It’s okay.”

SY: “I would have loved to come get it myself, but I cannot move a lot for few weeks so, I am letting my

Please log in to read the full chapter