Chapter 1

The Potrait

It’s been a week since they started officially going out. They were always close that even people assumed they were dating before. But they never wanted to make it official because they already knew who they were belong to. 

….

Joo hyun woke up in the middle of the night. At first she was too sleepy and didn’t know the reason why she woke up. She simply wanted to go back to sleep but she felt that it’s cold more than usual. she slowly patted the bed looking for her source of comfort without opening eyes but she couldn’t find her. 

Huh?

It dawned on her that was the reason why she suddenly woke up. Her girlfriend was not there to hug her to sleep. She got up and took her phone. It was 2.00 am.

Where the heck is this kid doing in the middle of night?

Maybe she went to bathroom?

She waited few more minutes just in case she comes back. But when she realized she isn’t, she got up from the bed and went looking for her. The whole house was in the dark when she walked in to the kitchen. It did not look like someone was up at all. She suddenly felt like she couldn’t breathe.

Did something happen while she was sleep?

Did she go out suddenly? But she would never leave without telling her right?

Calm down,  Joo hyun. Probably she went outside for fresh air maybe?

“Why the heck she would go.. “ Joohyun was muttering to herself while looking around when she suddenly caught a faint light at the end of hallway

“Ah! There she is” . She felt relieved when she knew her girlfriend is still at home.She forgot that the younger one like to sneak in to her “dungeon” as she calls it in the middle of the night. It was the basement of the house and the Joohyun’s girlfriend decided to make it her work space. 

The black haired girl walked to the basement without making a sound. When she peaked in she saw her girlfriend sitting on a stool while doing her favorite hobby. Joohyun walked closer but still she was surprised at how nonchalant the other was. 

Aish! Look at this girl lost in her own world. What if a thief or a murderer walked in instead of me

She knows she was acting silly and dramatic, but worrying for others has been one of her qualities.

The younger one was totally immersed in her work that she drowns everything else out. That’s one of the reason why she wanted space. When she works she needs to fully focus.

Black haired girl stared at her smirking when a sudden idea popped in to her head. She leaned in trying to shout boo in her lover’s ear when she stopped in her tracks. Her eyes widen and a small gasp left when she saw what other one was working on. Her eyes welled with tears and all her mischievous acts totally forgotten as she wrapped her arms around the girl who was sitting in front of her with a paint brush in her hand. Blond stiffened for a moment but soon relaxed when she felt the warmth of her girl, Joohyun. 

“mmm?” was the only sound blond made as she was searching for any mistake she made.

“It was so beautiful, Seulgi-ah” Joohyun whispered and kissed the crown of the younger’s head then placed her chin.

“really? It’s not even finished though”

“How? when? Was this from a photo? “ Joohyun was lost for words as she look at Seulgi’s masterpiece. It was a portrait of her sitting on a beach while looking at the sunset. But she can’t remember seeing a photo of her like this. They had taken so many photo’s that day maybe Seulgi took one like this?

“No. You sitting on Jomtien beach watching sunset is burned into my memories, Joohyun-ah. I wanted to go there and hug you. But since there was the crew of Level Up I hold myself back”

Seulgi put the brush in the plate and put her arms back hugging Joohyun.  Black haired girl never expected Seulgi to draw something off top of her head just by a memory. It shows how much she memorized it. She felt her heart swell at the thought of her girl’s love for her. 

“I was thinking of my feelings for you while sitting there” Joohyun confessed lightly.

It was true because just like it was memorable for Seulgi it was for her too. Because that trip was an eye opener for her. She felt so much emotions as they were taken to a beautiful place like Pataya. They were together figuring things out by themselves to do a better job at their reality show, she felt like she was not only having her as a member of the team but a life partner. When it was difficult to deal with the ideas that PDs brought it was her that silently took her arm and squeezed without others noticing or she would make meaningful glance so it won’t have caught on camera. But that’s all it took her to not leave in the reality program or scream at that PDs who were unreasonable. 

“There is another meaning to this too. You felt like a sunset to me. Because even when I see you every day I never get tired of seeing your face. Also you let me close my eyes at the end my day with you next to me. Just like sunset. Wherever we are it’ll be there with us” 

“That’s too cheesy Kang Seulgiiiiiii!” she said hitting the arm of her lover. If it was someone else she would glare or even cringed but she knows what Seulgi was trying to say. 

Joohyun was blusing madly and felt so shy that she broke the hug and stepped back. But Seulgi was fast. She turned back quickly and pulled Joohyun to her arms. She opened her legs wide so the black haired girl can stand in between and put her chin on other’s chest, hugging her tightly. 

“It was the truth, baby. You really are beautiful like a sunset” 

Joohyun took Seulgi’s face and caressed her cheeks with thumbs. She could see other person’s eyes filled with so much emotions. It was not just love. She stared into those monolid eyes thinking what she did in her previous life to deserve a person like that. She didn’t know how to express her feelings since she was not artistic or verbal like her girlfriend. So she simply decided show by kissing the blond while pouring all her feelings in. When they pulled apart for air Joohyun smiled and said

“ I love you, Kang Seulgi” 

“I love you too” They stayed like that for few minutes when suddenly Seulgi realized it was so late right now. 

“Btw what are you doing up late?”

“I woke up because you were not there”

“Aigoo! You missed your girlfriend? let’s go back to sleep then?” Seulgi touched the nose of the black haired girl teasing which other scrunched up her nose cutely.

“If you are not done. I can wait here” Jooyun said and tried to find another stool.

“Where do you think you are going? Sit on here while I finish final touch ups”  Seulgi pulled her back and made her sit on her lap. Then took the brush again and began to paint while holding her girl securely on her other arm. 

Every on the canvas was filled with love, desire and hope as Seulgi completed the portrait of her girl who was amazed by the artist who has captured her heart fully.