one

Like a satellite (Like a star that shines brighter in the darkness)
Please log in to read the full chapter

She had always thought that looking at the world through a camera was like looking into another dimension.

Reality shifted. Everyone and everything became sharper or softer, more or less intense, the world was hers to mould and capture in an eternal series of images that would forever serve as a reminder of that precious and unrepeatable instant.

Moonbyul loved looking at the world through her camera. She loved it so much she made her life work around it and like any artist, she had her muse. The source and center of her life and dreams.

Kim Yongsun.

Actress. Star. Angel. Sun. Woman. The heart of everything that ever mattered to her.

She looked at her through her lens, capturing her performance on film. Trapping a spark, a shadow of her soul on video.

She watched her shine as bright as a supernova, all fire and passion, then turn into the flame of a candle, small but persistent, a constant in the darkness. She captured it all and felt her soul sing while watching the woman at work.

Until the scene ended.

"CUT!"

She indulged herself for a few second, still looking at the actress through the camera, before she leaned back in her chair and let out a satisfied sigh.

"It was wonderful. We are done for today."

Yongsun looked at her with a content and polite expression, a self assured smile on her lips while she bowed towards the various staff and cast in gratitude.

"Thank you director nim"

"It's always a pleasure working with you Yongsun ssi."

The actress smiled a little brighter, dimples showing a little under her beautiful mouth, before one of the staff approached the director and distracted her from the woman in front of her.

 

Moon byulyi was 32 years old. She was young and a woman. A woman who clearly did not follow the usual restrictions imposed on her gender, especially in her society.

Many had doubted her sudden success when at 26 she had directed her first big movie. Even when it was a success she had still had to deal with the pushback from those people still not ready to see someone like her thrive.

Byulyi knew she was l

Please log in to read the full chapter