Chapter 1

Winter Love, You're My Angel

I looked out the window to be greeted with the beautiful flashes of purple, orange, yellow and red. It was the perfect sunset from high above.

 

“Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, landing will take place shortly”

 

I sighed to myself knowing that winter this time around would be nothing more than peaceful. I gasped in terror as the sensation of a diving plane filled the atmosphere. I have never been a fan of heights and I never will be. Waiting for the moment when my heart slowed down, I reminisced about the past. It was a miserable background for me. I never had much to look back upon. All I saw when I looked back upon my childhood was a flash of a young boy and girl happily laughing in the rain. Nothing more, not even a name or a face. Sooner than I realized, the painful pounding against my chest was gone. I relaxed in my seat, waiting for the eager crowd to disperse before I left. As I left the plane, the immediate rush of cool air against my skin was welcoming. The bore of customs was nothing to elaborate on. I flashed a cheeky grin at the sour faced immigration officer and sighed when the whole process was over. I ran out of the airport and twirled around laughing, welcoming the snow falling around me.

 

It was around ten o clock at night and the streets of Korea were just as busy as ever. The sights were a welcome change from the constant dry vegetation and humid weather in Australia. I walked around for around a half hour taking in as much of the city as I could. But the constant travelling took its toll and I could hardly keep my eyes open. Realizing that I wondered far from the airport, I quickly flagged down a taxi and tried to suppress my excitement, knowing that I would see my grandmother in another half hour. Unable to resist the heaviness in my eyelids, I closed my eyes for what seemed like a second. The next thing I knew the driver was shaking me awake and I was outside my grandmother’s house. The lights were off and deciding to greet her tomorrow, I crept as quietly as I could inside her house.

 

I fumbled with my bag up the stairs and knowing what a klutz I am, I somehow managed to trip on my own foot and went flying down the stairs. I squeezed my eyes shut and held my breath. I waited for the impact, waited for the sharp pain to shoot through my body but instead I felt warmth coursing through my body. Confused, I peeked and gasped as someone was gently holding me in a hug, protecting me from the cold, harsh floor below. Shocked, I wriggled lose from his grasp and only, embarrassingly, managed to fall over him.

 

“Ooof” he grunted in pain.

 

Holy . I was on the ground and he was on top of me and my clothes were scattered all over the place. It was kind of hard to breathe but it was all worth it. He pushed himself up and I found myself looking into the most gorgeous brown eyes in the world. It was warm and I felt something weird going on with my heart. He stood up and walked away, looking back with a laugh.  Heat coursed through my cheeks and I lay there, trying in vain to catch my breath. I had never felt like that before. There was no doubt about it that I was truly, madly and deeply in love.