What Else is Coming?

Never Again
The morning comes, and Jihyo is already in the kitchen making some breakfast. She is waiting for Kyungeun to wake up. She hopes Jaeseok won't go so she can talk to her wife alone. Not too long, Kyungeun went out of the bedroom wearing Jihyo's clothes. She sits in the dining room and looks at Jihyo preparing the table.
"How are you feeling?" Jihyo asked as she put down the cup of coffee before Kyungeun.
"Are you like this for real? Or are you just doing this so I can not hurt you?" Na Kyungeun asked sarcastically.
Jihyo sat down, "You can do whatever you want, Na Kyungeun, but you have to think first. No matter what you decide, I won't stop you, but you must know I won't be just watching you." she took a sip on her cup before looking at Na Kyungeun.
"I never thought that the things happening in dramas would happen to me too. I never thought that mistresses do have strong personalities like you." Jihyo sighed, and Kyungeun continued, "How can you simultaneously be so solid and gullible? You face me like a fighter but are too soft and sweet regarding my husband?" Jihyo didn't answer, "Are you that desperate to have a man?"
"Is that really what you want to know?"
Kyungeun chuckles, insanely flustered, "What? You are incredibly unbelievable. Do you think my husband would choose you over our children and us?"
"He chose his children, but not you."
"Song Jihyo!"
"Stop shouting, Na Kyungeun. That won't get you anywhere."
"And where does being a mistress get you? To husband's pants? To my husband's bed?"
"It's my bed, not Yoo Jaeseok's. But somehow, it became our bed since he was with me when I chose it."
Kyungeun is already exploding. She can't win any argument with Jihyo.
"If you are calm enough, you won't be so pressed today, Na Kyungeun."
"Mwo?"
"You should be thinking clearly and stop being clouded by your anger. If you are using your brain enough, I won't be able to deflect any of your attacks. It's already 2023. Old ways of shaming mistresses won't do. And I am not just your regular mistress that can only look at you and wait for Yoo Jaeseok to make moves. I can handle my , Na Kyungeun. I can also be an . So, you better think clearly. Ask the right question, and I will give you the right answers."
Kyungeun snickers, "Both you and oppa have the same line. Think clearly, Na Kyungeun. That's what he told me. What is so random about what I am saying that you people still think I am not thinking clearly? Am I that of a pushover that you won't take me seriously?"
"I'm taking you seriously, but you are so emotional that you can't think better. Does coming here and shouting at me resolve anything? Do you consider bringing me shame and being in a scandal would stop Jaeseok oppa and me from having a relationship?" Na Kyungeun is flabbergasted, "You see, you cannot answer me. I still don't know what you and Jaeseok oppa had discussed, but I am sure you already know the answer to my question."
"Yoo Jaeseok, that man, he is determined to leave me," Kyungeun replied, almost choking as she tried to hold in her tears. She then chuckles with loneliness, "I don't know what I have been doing for over a decade as a wife, but I guess it was all not enough. Yoo Jaeseok is not someone to play with. Everybody thinks he is a playful and fun husband, but he is not. Everything for him should be in place when the camera is not rolling. He is a loving husband, that's what everyone knows, and that's what he was trying to make me feel and see. He wanted his kids to know that he cared for us and always made us his priority. He wanted Jiho to grow up and treat his wife like he treats me. I was holding on to a thread that can be cut off anytime. I am glad he always greets me with a smile and gives me everything I want and need. My family is content with him too. He treats them well and respects them. But I know Yoo Jaeseok's feelings for me have long been gone."
"You and he are still married. It means he is willing to make amends with your relationship."
"Amends?" Kyungeun laughed, "You mean he was just putting up with sleeping with me or going home because we are married."
"If you know that much, how are you still staying with him?"
"Because I love him! I gave birth to kids when he wanted to have them. I gave him everything he wanted. I gave him my life, but what did I get in return? Betrayal?"
"Nobody told you to do what you have done, but you still did it."
"Because I love him! Can't you hear me? I love him. I love that man! I love Yoo Jaeseok!"
"And I love the same man you call despicable right now, in my face."
"Why are you doing this? Why are you two doing this to me?! What did I do so wrong to deserve this?" Kyungeun burst into tears.
Jihyo looked away. She can feel the pain that Kyungeun is going through. She had felt the same when one of her ex-boyfriends cheated on her. She knows the pain but can't let go of Yoo Jaeseok. She doesn't know how to fight against the legality of the marriage and the scandal that will follow, but one is for sure, Song Jihyo won't let go of Yoo Jaeseok unless he asks her to.
Na Kyungeun decided to go home, and Jihyo drove for her. In the car, it's all silence. The two women don't even know what to say to each other. Na Kyungeun fiddled with her fingers and bit her nail momentarily. The silent treatment went on as Jihyo walked Kyungeun up to their apartment. She wanted to ensure that Kyungeun would be inside that apartment and wait for Yoo Jaeseok to see her. Song Jihyo can't bear to let Yoo Jaeseok's wife do anything hastily and rashly.
"How long will you follow me around, Song Jihyo-ssi?" Kyungeun asked as they climbed the staircase.
"You should be using the elevator instead if you don't want me following you like this."
"Why are you following me in the first place?"
"I want to see you walking thru your apartment door."
"Are you afraid I will go somewhere else and do something stupid?"
"You did come to my apartment drunk."
"You are a peculiar one. You seemed to always be blank in the show, but you have such a smart mouth."
"Everybody in the show has a role to play."
"And your role in real life is being a mistress, and Yoo Jaeseok is the cheating husband?"
"I guess that would be that way from now on."
Kyungeun snickers, "Daebak. I think I want to be with you when I get reborn."
When they reached the apartment, Kyungeun and Jihyo were surprised when Jaeseok was the one who welcomed them.
"Oppa..." Jihyo said in surprise, while Kyungeun was nervous.
Jaeseok walked to Jihyo and passed by Kyungeun, "You shouldn't be doing this. I will handle it from here. You can go home now and have a rest. I know you had a long night." he then touched her face gently before kissing her in the forehead.
"Oppa," Jihyo looked at Kyungeun, who was watching them, "you shouldn't have done that."
"Don't mind her. She already knew about us. It's futile to put on a disguise now."
Kyungeun just smirked to herself and left the lovers to go to the living room.
"Don't nag at her too much. We both know why she is like that. Talk to her calmly. Nothing will be resolved if you take this on angrily." Jihyo reminded Jaeseok.
"I will try my best."
Jihyo left the apartment complex, hoping for a better resolution between the couple.
Yoo Jaeseok faces his wife. He stands before Na Kyungeun, "What do you think you are doing, Na Kyungeun? Didn't I tell you to think clearly?"
Kyungeun chuckles, "Think clearly. Think clearly? Why are both of you kept telling me to think clearly? Do I look like a mad woman to you?"
"If you are not, you wouldn't go to Jihyo's apartment drunk and make a scene."
"Is it a crime to make myself clear that I only own my husband and don't like to share?"
"I am not yours, Na Kyungeun."
"But my children will be mine."
"Nothing is yours."
"I can't have you. I can't have my children either?" she gave a wry chuckle. "What am I allowed to have in this world? Why are you punishing me like this, Yoo Jaeseok-ssi?! What did I do so wrong?!"
Jaeseok sighed and calmed himself down. He sat on the small couch, "You did nothing wrong but marry a man like me." Kyungeun looked at Jaeseok, and her tears fell, "I thought I could do as much as possible. Living with and sleeping beside you would make me a different person. I considered doing what a married couple would do could change my feelings. But I am wrong. I tried my best. I held out for over a decade. I thought I had driven out all of the desires I had for someone-"
"And that someone is Song Jihyo?"
Jaeseok nods, "I couldn't hold on. I am too weak when it comes to her. Every Monday or the day we have to film together, I bite my tongue to make it thru."
"Then why now? Why did you do it now? Huh? Oppa, you have been doing great. You have been getting through it. I gave everything I could. You asked for Naeun; I did it. You asked me to stop working and focus on our children, and I did it. What else did I fail to do for you to do this to me?" Kyungeun's cry had enveloped their home.
"I'm sorry, Na Kyungeun. That's all that I can say. I'm sorry, but I can't stay with you. I can't lie to myself anymore. Not now. Not tomorrow, and even if you give me another chance, I still won't choose you. Never again would I choose to stay with you." Jaeseok stood up, "The children will stay with me until you get yourself together. Don't do or say anything to Jiho. I will be the one to tell him about these things."
"You are decided to leave me. To even think about how to tell Jiho about this, you already made up your mind."
Jaeseok didn't reply, "I will take some of their clothes and things. We are staying at a hotel right now."
"But you will take them to her one day."
"We still have to do some things before that happens. So, I am telling you to get yourself together for the kids. You are a mother. Think about your kids more than what you should do about us."
Yoo Jaeseok left Na Kyungeun alone in their house. Kyungeun, on the other hand, doesn't know what she must do. She wants to rage and break everything, but what will it do? It seems to her that no matter what she does, Jaeseok won't come back to her. All she can do is cry alone.