the jock and the nerd

periwinkle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

based off @shonwenderp's prompt on twitter. go check her out!

tw: relatively few curse words

“gosh, she’s so hot.”

“did you see her score that point? no wonder she’s the team captain.”

“oh how i would die to date the seungwan.”

 

endless compliments and gushes about the popular jock reaches joohyun’s ear. she doesn’t quite get the reason why people, especially girls, bother giving her attention. sure the jock’s good at sports but in the looks department? joohyun isn’t one to brag but she’d rank higher than seungwan for sure.

 

joohyun on the other hand isn’t the sporty type, at all. but her grades are her pride. maintaining her cgpa consistently throughout the semester is simple; considering the knit-tight bond she has with studying. libraries are easily her second home, the first being her dorm but she likes the ambience and tranquility the library provides her in times of need.

 

speaking of which, joohyun is in the school library trying to study for her upcoming test but the girls next to her table are being impossible with their non-stop admiration for the popular jock. it doesn’t take much to guess that they were watching the finals of the National Basketball Championship aired yesterday. joohyun may look ignorant but she does have a knack on what’s going on around school.

 

seems like they won’t finish soon, joohyun thought.

 

she decides to call it a day and head straight back to the comforts of her dorm. the evening sun is slowly setting, beautifully casting long shadows that accompany her during her walk back. joohyun loves the sunset, so she takes out her phone to capture the majestic moment. after a few clicks, she continues her walk back to her dorm.

 

joohyun is too busy appreciating the sunset picture she took, she barely notices a figure running from the opposite of the path the same as hers. like in a movie, she falls slowly, closing her eyes in the process and readies herself for the impact. except it never came. she opens her eyes, and is met with another pair; the devil herself, son seungwan.

 

they sit facing each other in the back corner of the school’s cafe. this was not what i planned! joohyun screams internally. all she wants is to safely get back to her dorm, maybe eat a cup of ramen and cuddle the warmth of her bed the night away. but no, fates decided it’ll be fun to make her bump into the popular jock who now offers her dinner to make up for the accident, if she’d call it one, irene scoffs.

 

“look, i’m sorry –,”

 

“can we cut this short?”

 

joohyun hates attention and she definitely is not planning on gaining some because of the jock in front of her. her impatient foot tapping on the floor must’ve catch seungwan’s attention because the next thing she says is just a mess.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter