BOY 8

Because Of You

"What an unlucky morning!" Karina massaged her temple when she saw her flat tire. She can't be late today because they have a quiz in their Major.

 

"My god" She brush her hair back.

 

"Flat tire?" She looks at her side, she saw a blue car stopped next to her car.

 

"What do you think?" She coldly replied to that person and that person just laughed at her.

 

"Get in my car, you might be late if you wait there for a long time" 

 

"I don't want to, I can't leave my Yuyu here"

 

"Yuyu?" That person raised her eyebrow.

 

"My car" and she just laughed at her answer.

 

'Oh my god, I only have 15 minutes left before the class start' She thought.

 

"I heard that you have a quiz, don't be late, I heard from Yeji Unnie that it's your major subject, I'm leaving now" She said and ready to leave when Karina spoke again.

 

"Wait Ahn Yujin!" Karina opened her car, immediately and took her bag before locking her car, then she got into Yujin's car.

 

"I thought you didn't want to?"

 

"You're talking so much, let's get out of here" She said 

"What about your car?"

"I already messaged our family driver"

 

 

 

 

 

"Why did you just come now?" Minju asked as Karina sat next to her. Karina heaved a sigh and put her bag on her side.

 

"Flat tire"

 

"Did you take a cab?" She shook her head.

 

"How did you get here?" Minju asked while flipping her reviewer.

 

"Giant Pup" She looked at Karina.

 

"Giant pup?" Minju's eyebrow raised.

 

"Hmmm.. Yujin"

 

"You two came in at the same time?" Minju asked with a little sadness in her tone.

 

"Yeah, she saw me on the way. Guess what, she's not a cold person, she's a such teaser puppy" Karina answered and Minju frowned.

 

"And when have you been close?" Minju asked her friend curiously.

 

"Well, we are not close" and there's a not deafining silence. Karina look at her friend and feels something strange about her reaction.

 

"Hey, Minju don't be jealous. She's yours. I won't steal your Boo" Karina said with a  teasing smile and Minju scoffed.

 

"I'm not jealous"

 

"Really?" Karina asked

 

"Yeah, really" She faced Minju.

 

"You know. Yujin, she's really a gentlewoman, she opened her car door for me and carried my bag up to our department floor and she give me her best sweetest smile" and Minju started to get irritated, she gave Karina a deadly look.

 

"She said she wasn't jealous" Karina said while chuckling.

 

"I'm not jealous!"

 

"Oh really? But why are you giving me a deadly stare? Are you going to slap me?" Karina teased and poke her friend's side.

 

"It's just a joke, Minju. She didn't carry my bag but she opened the door for me, that's all" she explained

 

"Remember this, Karina, If what I have in mind happens, our friendship is over" Karina just laughed.

 

"That won't happen, after all someone already owns my heart, you don't have to worry about anything" Karina proudly said.

 

"Tsk.. MJ again"

 

"Yeah"

 

"You know when J's performed here, I fell in love with MJ even more. she's a cutie and she's really beautiful" She said while smiling widely.

 

"Why? have you ever seen her in person without the mask?"

 

"No. All I know is that she's a cutie and she's beautiful"

 

"Tsk.."

 

"Where's Yeji?" Karina asked as she took her reviewer out her bag.

 

"Well, bestfriend private talk, I think she's going back... Oh, there she is"

 

"How's the conversation?" Minju asked while looking at Yeji.

 

"We're fine. She apologized for what she said to me and I apologized too"

 

"She already knows yet?" Karina asked

 

"She doesn't know yet" Yeji took a deep breath.

 

"She said she has a strong radar for those who like her, but why does it seem like nothing when it comes to you?" Karina said.

 

"I don't know. I've been liking her for a few years now, anyone can notice the way I act when I'm around her, but she doesn't notice. I'm thinking of giving up and give a chance to others because I really feel like I'm only just a best friend for her" Yeji sadly said.

 

"So if you're going to give up, you're going to let Yeonjun court you?" Minju asked and she closed her reviewer and focused her attention on Yeji.

 

"Yeah, girl. You told him that if you fail to express your feelings to the person you like, you will allow him to court you, so will you?" Karina added

 

"Maybe yes. But before that happens, I have a plan but if it still has no effect on her, maybe I will allow him"

 

"But it is okay with Yeonjun that while he's courting you, you still have feelings for someone else?" Karina asked

 

"What does courtship mean? To win someone's heart, right?"

 

"So you're really willing to let someone else win your heart? Are you sure about that?" Minju said

 

"Like I said earlier, if I fail to express my feelings, I will let him" their conversation stopped when their professor arrived, making them get paper for their quiz.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I feel like I'm going to fail our quiz!" Karina whines while her head on the table.

 

"Why? I thought you did a review?" Yeji asked

 

"I did but I was thinking of Yuyu earlier"

 

"Yuyu?" Yeji and Minju asked in unison

 

"It's Yujin" Yujin answered who had just arrived at their table.

 

"What? It's my car name!" She said while glaring at the tallest

 

"Just kidding. Take this, It's for you" She gave Karina a paper bag containing a  snacks. Everyone at the table looked at her in surprise and confusion.

 

What's happening. Everyone thought.

 

"And yeah, you all have this too" She gave a paper bag the same size as the one she gave to Karina to the other.

 

"Why is this only for us? Why did you give Karina Unnie as much as you gave us?" Ryujin complained

 

"I owe her so much that I gave her more than i give you"

 

"And what do you owe?" Yeji asked

 

"Secret" She said while smirking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aren't you going with us?" Winter asked walking with Yujin to the parking lot while Ryujin walking behind who was talking to a girl who they thought was her new fling.

 

"No, I need to bring someone back to her apartment" Yujin answered and put her hands in her jeans pocket.

 

"And who?" Winter asked curiously.

 

"Giant pup!" Winter frozed when she saw Karina happily approaching where they were while Minju and Yeji were behind her.

 

"Let's go?" Karina clung to Yujin's arm and ignored the other person who with a sad eyes. The two said goodbye to them before they left.

 

 

 

 

"Do you notice anything different?" Ryujin asked sitting on Winter's bed. Winter was silent and Ryujin continued to think about what she noticed.

 

"I noticed that Yujin talks a lot now when the three of us are together with the others, especially with Karina Unnie" Ryujin could only hear a deafining silence so she turned to her friend. She saw that Winter was out of her senses, she knows why. Ryujin didn't speak again and just lay down on her friend's bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I heard that there is camping, is it true?" Ryujin asked sitting near the door of the Music Club Room

 

"Yeah, that's next month and it's 3 days and 2 nights camping" Yeji answered while smiling.

 

"Where is the Camping site?" Minju asked

 

"I don't know. But we have already thought of some spots that we can go to but we need approval first. We have many activities to do there" Yeji answered 

 

"It's a good then" Ryujin said

 

"Weekend is coming. we are having a Saturday girls night out, do you want to come with us?" Karina asked

 

"Where?" Yujin asked while looking at Karina.

 

"To Karina's Secret place. Come with us, we haven't hung out with you yet" Minju said and Yujin look at her but immediately looked away when the girl turned to her.

 

"We'll think about it" Winter said while tuning the guitar she's holding.

 

"Come on join us!" Yeji said

 

"Uhh.. We have something to do at Yujin's apartment so we might not be able to join you, and Yujin won't let us come" Ryujin sadly said. All of them looked at Yujin.

 

"What?" Yujin said while looking at Ryujin.

 

"Giant Pup!" Karina called out cutely, she stood up from her seat and approached Yujin and held her hand.

 

"Pleaseeee" She said while still holding Yujin's hand.

 

"Join us pleaseeee" Karina said cutely and pouted cutely, making one of them, or two, jealous.

 

"Okay then, stop now" Yujin said while laughing and patting Karina's head causing Minju to stand up suddenly. Everyone look at Minju with a curious eyes.

 

"Uhm I have to go to the Library, I'm just going to get something" She said

 

"I'll go with you" Winter said and stood up, placing the guitar on the side. Ryujin and Yeji just watching the two left while Yujin and Karina talking.

 

"Do you smell something?" Ryujin whispered to Yeji's ear

 

"There is. Something's fishy" Yeji whispered back

 

"Ryujin, you didn't smell anything on me?" Yeji whispered again and Ryujin suddenly smelled her which made her panic.

 

"Nothing, you just smells good" She said and Yeji already killing Ryujin in her mind because of her being stupid.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I thought you were going to the Library? Why are you going to the back of the building?"

 

"Why did you follow?" Minju coldly asked, still walking towards the back of the Building.

 

"Are you jealous too?" Minju asked making Winter stop walking. Minju stopped walking and turned to Winter.

 

"Je..jealous?" Winter stuttered

 

"I know you like Karina" and she continued walking and Winter follows.

 

"Don't deny it, it's obvious. You're like a scared puppy everytime Karina around and your eyes sparkled" Minju added

 

Minju and Winter had reached the back of the Building and Winter was stunned to see the surroundings. She just saw it now and this place is very beautiful. It's a secret garden.

 

"How did you know this place?" Winter asked Minju who was already sitting on the bench.

 

"It's my secret place, Dahyun Unnie showed it to me and she said I can come here when I want to be alone and want to think, especially about Yujin" Winter looks at Minju, immediately when she heard her bestfriend's name.

 

"Ms. Principal knows about Yujin?" She nodded

 

"She is the one I talked to about Yujin and the only one who knows about us because you already know, because of the conflict between our families"

 

"This place, i want to bring her here if I ever find her again" Minju said

 

"I did find her. But because of what I found out, I couldn't bring her here. How can I bring her if she doesn't remember me, right?"

 

"What's worse is that even though she doesn't remember me, she thinks of me as a stranger even though we're in the same circle of friends." There's a silence.

 

"You? How did Karina's guitar pick get to you? She just told us that there was a playing in the park who broke her guitar and stole her pick" Winter laughed at what Minju said and sat down next to her.

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

While Winter and Ryujin were in the park, Winter noticed a girl sitting on a bench playing her guitar. She has a mole below her lips and has a beauty. 

 

An angel. 

 

Ryujin stopped playing when she noticed Winter's silence and saw her looking at a sitting girl. Ryujin came to her and put her arm around her shoulder.

 

"I know Miss Beautiful is beautiful but she might melt when you look at her like that"

 

"What melt? Who is Miss Beautiful?" She asked while looking at smirking Ryujin.

 

"Your crush, her!" Ryujin pointed at the girl.

 

"I don't have a crush on her! What are you talking about?" She panicked.

 

"Just admit it, you have a crush on her!"

 

"What crush? I don't know even know her name"

 

"Ask her and then tell her you have a crush on her"

 

"Are you losing your mind?" She slapped Ryujin's hand on her shoulder.

 

"No, but I have a strong radar that you have a crush on her"

 

"I said...."

 

"Winter has a crush on Miss..."

 

"Ryujin!!!!!" And Ryujin ran fast, being chased by Winter who's carrying a stone.

 

"I'll kill you!" She screamed.

 

 

Tug.

 

 

"My guitar!!!!" Winter stopped running and looked at the girl holding her guitar. She's already crying. Winter was speechless.

 

"What did you do to my guitar!?" The girl yelled while glaring at her.

 

"Don't you know that guitar is important and you're just going to destroy it!"

 

"I'm..." She was cut off when the girl suddenly slapped her before running out of the park. She held her cheek and looked at Ryujin who was shocked by what the girl did. She looked at the guitar and noticed that the back of it was damaged and noticed the guitar pick resting on it. She took it and looked at Ryujin again.

 

"Does it hurt?" Ryujin teased and Winter chased her again

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

"It's funny!" Minju laughed and Winter just crossed her arms and clicked her tongue.

 

"Honestly, If I were Karina, I would yell at you and slap you. It was her dad's only gift that her dad made with a help from her friend's Dad."

 

"It's Giselle's Dad, right?"

 

"Yeah, the one who helped you with your project"

 

"That guitar is very important to her and since that happened, she has not bought any guitar because she wants her dad's gift" Winter felt guilty.

 

"You said Giselle's dad helped Karina's dad make her guitar?" Minju nodded

 

"Can you come with me?"

 

"Where?" Minju asked

 

"Let's just go"