01. Prologue

The Journey of a Star

What in the world have I’ve gotten myself into? Auditioning for HYBE Entertainment.. I can’t believe Mina convinced me to do such a thing. Standing in line waiting for my name to be called. I look around warily as I see the other auditionees take place one by one. I think to myself I could pretend to be ill, and ask to be excused and make a run for it. But then again the repercussion of Mina being angry at me, isn’t what I want to deal with after. I think of ways to get out of this mess when I hear one of the judges call out, “Number 23 Seo Miyoung! You’re up!” I stood there frozen, unable to move my feet, that is until Mina chuckled and ushered me along to the front of the judges table “Goodluck Miyoung, Give it your best shot,” she chuckles as I feel her hands release from my back. 

 

As I stood in front of the judges, I took in a long deep breath and slowly released it as I prepared my body into the proper position for the dance number. “Seo Miyoung there’s no going back now, so just give it our best shot and see what happens,” I thought to myself. As the music played I embodied myself with the song, moving each section of my body with grace and style. I take quick glances at the judges trying to get a read on whether they are enjoying my performances. However, they are expressionless, not even showing one glimpse of facial movement. 

 

Soon the music reaches the end and I finish the dance routine. I try to catch my breath as the dance I just performed took quite a lot out of me. Stabilizing myself I look up to the judges waiting for a response. With quick movement and precision I see them jot down notes and mutter amongst themselves. “That was an excellent dance routing Ms. Seo,” one of the judges spoke out. I turned my head facing hers and smiled. She was quite gorgeous, her skin was porcelain like and she had long luscious hair. I’ll have to admit I was quite envious. I took a glance at her name plate ‘Sakura Miyawaki’ and it soon clicked. Oh my god, that's Sakura, a former AKB48 member as well as IZONE and now LE SSERAFIM. I quickly bowed and thanked her for the compliment, “Thank you so much, that means a lot coming from you”


 

“I however thought it was kind of bland, nothing really wowed me.” I heard from one of the men. Shock and stunned from the critic, I bit my lips softly as I turned to look at the man who spoke. It was none other than the world renown Park Jimin of BTS. Unable to speak or look upon his gaze. I feel his eyes look at me boringly and unamused. “Kind of harsh there Jimin,” another man called out. It was V, his face beams up to meet mine and his smile relaxes me a bit. “I thought it was good, however there were definitely some parts of the dance where there were hiccups but you still did an amazing job nonetheless.” His soft words were spoken to me. I felt a rush of redness flow into my cheeks the longer he placed his eyes on me. I quickly bowed and thanked him for the comment. Jimin scoffed and murmured to himself, then reality strikes again. 

 

I awaited the judges decision on whether or not they are going to let me pass to the next round. Not a minute longer Sakura called for my attention and I quickly took notice. “Miyoung-ssi through this first part of the audition process, we were to evaluate your dancing skills, and I have the result of your performance right here.” She said opening the envelope she held. Her slim fingers gracefully peel the tab up and she takes out a slip of paper containing the outcome of my audition. “Miyoung-ssi..” she says as the seconds go by and my anticipation eagerly wanting to know the results “Congratulations you made it to the second round of the audition.”

 

Shocked and Confused I looked around not fully taking in what was said. Me, Seo Miyoung has passed the first rounds of audition. “Congratulations Miyoung-ssi.” V called out. I finally grasp onto reality and smile brightly and bow courteously. “Thank you so much for giving me a chance at becoming an Idol, I can’t wait to show you what else I’m capable of!” I spoke to the judges. “Based on that performance it better be a whole lot better, or else don’t expect to make it far.” I heard Jimin say as he stood to leave the room. I shoot daggers at him as I also make my way out the room. Hearing the next auditionee name being called out Park Mina. Oh that Mina! I hope she passes as well. 

 

Reaching the exit, I quickly push open when I feel something get hit by the door and a groan is heard. I walk out and look at who I accidentally hit the door with and just my luck. Park Jimin flat on his because I was reckless with opening the door. “I’m so sorry!” I quickly shouted and reached out a hand to help him. “So stupid.” He uttered and harshly swatted my hand away. Okay that hurts and what a douchebag! I take my hand back rubbing the dorsal side of it. It had reddened pretty quickly. “Look I didn’t mean to hit you with the door, it was an accident.” I relay to him. Taking quick glances at me he smirked and said, “Oh I get it, is this your way of trying to get close to a celebrity?” Bewildered by his statement, his words angered me, “Excuse me? Listen here I’m not here because I wanted to get close to you, and like I said before it was an accident so don’t even spew nonsense to me.” I scoffed and turned the other way before he could say another word. I made my way down to the HYBE Cafeteria and wow was it grand. It was basically like a 5 star restaurant here. 


 

I sat at a table in the far back not wanting to be near anyone really. I waited for Mina's audition to be done. Then I heard clamor up ahead like someone was angry. It was some old man arguing with the security team, “what in the world would cause that” I thought to myself. Then I hear murmurs about the situation. It turns out the man was upset that his daughter didn’t pass the audition and he had spent loads of money on her career to become an idol. That’s kind of sad to think so many people dream of this life yet here I am with a chance to become an Idol. “Miyoung!” I whip my head into the direction my name is being called out. It was Mina and I can’t tell if she passed the audition or not. She quickly pulled out the stool and sat next to me. I waited for her to tell me the results but she looked at me with a teary expression and soon burst into tears. Oh no Mina did you not pass the audition?