01

Warrior

Outside:

Hundreds of soldiers, the king, and many royal families were anxiously waiting for the queen to give birth. The cries of a baby girl were heard and everyone sighed in relief. Just when everyone was about to cheer, a second cry was heard. They stopped in confusion and started asking those standing nearby if they heard wrong.

Inside:

“Omo!” The maid gasped in alarm. “Queen Yoon what do I do? This is forbidden!”

“Hurry and wrap one of them up with a thick cloth!” The fatigue Queen said.

“Queen Yoon, what do I do?? King Yoon will be coming in any minute!”

The Queen glanced at the baby and quickly stuffed the jaded pendant in the baby’s cloth. “Name her ~~~~~.  Hurry! Go through the back door and leave this castle immediately. Promise me to protect her and care for her like a biological mother. If she asks about her family, just say that you’re her real mother! Now hurry and leave before it’s too late! And remember to never mention her real identity. Never let her come near this castle.” Queen Yoon yelled.
The moment the maid ran away, the door flung opened and King Yoon came in. “How are you dear?” He asked.

“I’m fine. Take a look at our baby girl.”

“She looks exactly like you. One day she’ll be pretty as you.”

 Queen Yoon smiled and sighed in relief. *Everything will be fine. I trust in you Jiyeon. Remember my promise.*

The Maid’s POV:

I ran as fast as possible. *Please don’t let them catch me. If they do, I’m ready to sacrifice myself for this baby‘s future.* I stumbled in the dark forest, stomping on the crunchy brown leaves and branches.

Suddenly, I saw a line of flames coming toward me. *Shoot! I have to hide!* I ran toward a bush that I thought you cover me from their sight. The baby started to cry. “Shhh ~~~~. It’s going to be alright,” I whispered and covered her voice. The crowd of soldiers marched by, not noticing me. I sighed in relief after they were 30 feet away from me.

Just when I was about to walk out of the bushes, one soldier suspected something and made his way toward me. I shut my eyes and prayed. *Please god if you’re listening. Please help me so that I can protect this baby.*

“Ohh guys. I found it! Sorry for making you guys wait!”

After waiting for 5 minutes, to make sure they disappeared, I ran out of the bush and made my way toward the city. It was late at night and no guards were standing near the entrance gate. There was no one on the street. I roamed around the street, looking for a place to stay.

As soon as I saw a young couple open their door, I immediately ran up to them and asked if I could stay for the night.

“Yeah, sure!”

“Thank you, thank you!” I bowed and made my way into the house.

 

Please comment and subscribe! The more the better <3