WHEN SIWAN SICK

WHEN SIWAN IS SICK

 

It was a rare morning where all the members have their own schedule except for him and Siwan.

                He glanced at the clock on the kitchen wall and thinking about what to order for his late breakfast when he suddenly felt a pair of arms around his waist making him jump on his spot.

                “Hyung, I thought you’re still sleeping.” He said, looking at his back without turning his body.

                But instead of answering, the boy on his back just laid his head on his shoulder. That’s when he finally realized that something wasn’t right, Siwan being clingy was not an everyday thing you know. He turned his body to face the older male and shocked at what he saw. The boy in front of him has red eyes and looks... sick.

                “Hyung, are you okay?” he asked in a worried tone and put his hand on the older male’s forehead.

                “Oh God! Hyung! You’re burning! Why are you here? You have to stay in bed!” with that, he dragged him to their shared room. Siwan’s bed was on the upper bunk, so he just put him on his bed on the lower bunk, to make it easier.

                He was clueless about what he should do to a sick person. So, after tucked the sick boy under his cover and said a quick “Wait here!” he stormed out from their room, grabbing his phone in progress, and started to scan his phonebook.

                Moon Junyoung, pass! He didn’t even know how to make his bones stay in places.

                Kim DongJun, pass! A baby wouldn’t help.

                Ha Minwoo, pass! Another baby.

                Park Hyungsik, pass! That kid only knows how to sing and eat.

                Kim Taehun, good! He’s the band umma after all.

                After he pressed the call button and before Taehun even managed to say hello, he screamed on to the phone.

                “TAEHUN!!” if only he knew that the person he was talking to almost dropping his sunglasses.

                “WHAT’S WRONG???” Taehun answered just as loud.

                “Siwan hyung! He’s sick! What should I do???” He can hear the other rapper’s sigh.

                “First thing you can do is to calm down!”

                “I AM calm!”

                “For God sake HeeChul, thank God you’re not taking care of a baby.”

                “Tell me, what’s the difference between a sick Siwan hyung with a baby?”

                “Yeah right, whatever! You still want my advice or no?”

                “Of course!”

                “Now, how’s his condition?”

                “He looks pale and.. and.. he’s burning..”

                “Now, take some ice from the fridge and a clean towel, use them too cool down his forehead. And give him a medicine for fever, find a bottle with yellow caps on the aid box, give him one only! But he has to eat something first.”

                3secs of silence before he said “But, I can’t cook..”

                “Neither can I.” the other rapper answered with a painfully flat tone before continued “Sorry Hee, I need to go now, good luck!”

                “Wait! Wait! Damn!”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                There’s only one thing he can make, pancakes. And since Taehun didn’t say anything about what a sick person should eat, so pancake would be ok, right? At least that’s what he thought. So, after 30 minutes, 1 burned finger and a messy kitchen later, he brought a tray with decent looking pancakes and maple syrup, he could care less about what Kevin would do to him after he destroyed his kitchen.

                “Siwan hyung..” he called softly when he stepped into the room, afraid that the other male was sleeping.

                “Hmmm..” he heard a weak voice.

                “You need to eat something before I can give you some medicine.” He said as he put the tray on the night stand beside his bed, and continued “Here, I made you some pancakes.’

                The boy in the bed turned his body and looked at him with a cute pout, and right after he saw that pout, he knew he was in trouble. Siwan’s pout was one of the cutest things on earth, but he knew better what that pout can bring. The last time he saw that pout he ended up sprawling on his bed after 8 hours shopping trip.

                “But, I don’t want pancakes..”

                He felt like slapping his forehead and screaming in frustration, but screaming at Siwan, scratch that, screaming at HIS beloved and sick Siwan hyung would be counted as a crime, so he forced a smile and asked him back.

                “So? What do you want to eat?”

                “Hmmm.. chicken soup..”

                Can’t he just ask for scrambled egg instead? He thought. But then again, he can’t resist a healthy Siwan’s order, let alone a sick Siwan. So,

                “Oh, okay, let’s see what I can do with that. Let’s just cool down your head first.” He said with a sigh.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                10 minutes later he found himself squeezing a towel, with his phone between his ears and shoulder, talking to Kevin for a quick chicken soup tutorial.

                “So, what should I do with the garlic again?”

                “You have to mash them, how many times should I tell you?” even the ever calm Kevin became irritated after telling him 10 times about what he should do to the freaking garlic.

                “And the chicken?” he asked again as he put the damp towel on Siwan’s forehead.

                Silence.

                “Kevin hyung?”

                “Listen Hee, why don’t you just use the soup powder on the kitchen cabinet? And all you need to do is just adding some water, potatoes, carrots and green onion.”

                Another silence.

                “DAMN HYUNG!!! Why don’t you tell me that there’s such thing as soup powder since the beginning??” he didn’t even care that the person he screamed at, was, the oldest member of the group, which, can put him in so much trouble later, both from Kevin and their leader.

                “You asked me how to make a soup so that’s what I did!!’ Kevin sounded just as frustrated.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                “Please be nice and let’s make this easier for us, okay?” he talked to.. well.. potatoes and carrots.

               There he was again, on the kitchen wearing a blue apron, knife on his hand and struggling with all of the ingredients. He wanted to make the soup as nice as possible, even though it wouldn’t be as amazing as what Kevin usually made, but at least the soup have to be decent enough, because, it’s for Siwan.

                For the second time that day, he brought a tray to his room, now with a pretty nice looking warm soup and a glass of water. He was totally tired and another finger was burnt, at least he didn’t cut any of his fingers.

                He put the tray on the night stand before lightly shaking Siwan’s body to wake him up, when he saw the boy under cover stirred a little, he caressed his cheek and frowned at the burning feeling on his palm.

                “Come on hyung, I’ll feed you..”

                He fed him in a comfortable silence, he would occasionally wiped the corner of Siwan’s lip with his thumb. It was one of the times when his heart was overwhelmed with love and affection towards the brain of the group. Siwan looks so small and weak in front of him.

                After finishing the meal, he gave him the medicine, tucked him under the cover, and just sat there on the bed because Siwan refused to let go of his hand. He caressed the back of Siwan’s hand with his thumb, and can’t not noticed how peaceful the situation was, watching the male in front of him sleeping with a steady breath.

                Tired, he then sat on the floor beside the bed, still holding Siwan’s hand and resting his head on the bed. He knew he would hurt his neck later, but he didn’t care, he was too tired and simply didn’t want to leave Siwan’s side.

                He woke up from his uncomfortable nap when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

                “Yes hyung, do you need something?”

                Siwan shifted a little making more space on the bed and pulled his hand,

                “You would hurt your neck if you sleep like that, sleep here..” Siwan said with a concerned voice.

                Without a second thought he lie himself beside the fashionista, wrapping his arm around his small waist, pulling him closer and touching his forehead with his own.

                “Your fever is gone” he said with a soft tone, just a bit louder than a whisper.

                “Yes thanks to you,” Siwan smile and continued “Thank you Hee, and I’m sorry for stealing you break”

                Upon hearing that, he chuckled a little and pulling the smaller male closer,

                “it’s okay hyung, really, you’re more important than my break” he ended his sentence with a small and sweet kiss.

                It’s true though, for him, the boy in his arm was way more important than his break. From the moment Siwan said “Yes” with a pretty blush on his cheek when he asked him to be his boyfriend, he promised that he would protect him no matter what. Because he knew better, behind all of those mature, smart and classy images, Siwan, was a vulnerable and fragile person.

                When he felt an arm on his waist and a nose nuzzled his neck, he smiled and said

                “Sleep hyung, I’m tired..” and got a kiss on his chin as a response.

                Really, he didn’t mind to spent his break like this..