final

birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

joohyun opened the door to her apartment after a tiring day at work. her boss gave her a tremendous amount of work, thus needing her to work overtime that cost her to miss her dinner plans with seungwan. god, her girlfriend’s birthday dinner. out of all the days her boss could’ve given her stacks of work, he had to do it on seungwan’s birthday. she’s irritated, hungry and overworked, but most importantly, she feels bad for seungwan. two weeks prior, joohyun excitedly announced that she would cook dinner for seungwan’s birthday, emphasising that her girlfriend is only allowed to relax and look pretty on the date itself. seungwan laughed at joohyun’s antics. she was not one to say no, especially to her girlfriend, not when joohyun blabbered eagerly all her plans down to the details. 

 

the apartment was dark except for the lights coming from the tv in the living room. joohyun quietly shuffled towards the sofa with padded feet. to her surprise, seungwan was awake and cosily curled up in her sweater, watching none other than her favourite movie: inside out. joohyun shakes her head with a smile. despite just turning 28 years old, her girlfriend would still choose inside out over any other movies. seungwan hasn’t noticed joohyun yet so joohyun took her time to study her features from the side. with the dim lights from the tv, it illuminated every crevice and curvatures on her face. seungwan’s shoulder-length blonde hair cascaded beautifully at the sides of her face–her eyes squinted, brows furrowed and lips pursed, focusing on the tv screen.

 

“seungwan.” joohyun softly called her. seungwan didn’t turn around, probably because she’s too immersed in the movie. “seungwan.” joohyun said her name with a light tap to her shoulder. startled, seungwan turned around with her arms up and eyes wide open. “hyun?” realising it was only her girlfriend, seungwan gave joohyun her brightest smile; one that could light up the entire room, heck maybe even the entire universe. she opened her arms to welcome joohyun into a hug. joohyun wasted no time bending down into seungwan’s welcoming arms, nuzzling her face into the younger girl’s neck inhaling her comforting warm vanilla scent. “tough day at work?” seungwan asked softly with her hands rubbing up and down joohyun’s back. joohyun hummed mindlessly as they stayed embracing each other’s presence. seungwan had always washed down whatever negative energy joohyun was feeling with her calm demeanour, her scent being a bonus. 

 

“are you hungry hyun?” seungwan held joohyun’s shoulder to get a better look at her face. joohyun hasn’t eaten anything since lunch and all she wants right now is just to cuddle up with her warm girlfriend but she answered the opposite. “yeah, famished.” joohyun sighed tirelessly, managing a small smile for her girlfriend. seungwan stood up from the comforts of the sofa, holding joohyun’s hand and tugging her to follow along. seungwan led joohyun to the kitchen, pushing her to sit at the island while seungwan busied herself reheating dinner she made earlier. with seungwan’s tiny frame busy moving around the kitchen in fluid motion, joohyun stared at her back with mixed emotions. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter