OUR FIRST MEETING

My Unusual Marriage Life

Lisa’s POV


How did we meet?
Haha. It’s an epic story though.

In 2015 I was invited by my best friends Hanbin and Bobby to their apartment in Hongdae. We’re going to celebrate their debut with IKON like finally the world could witness them on TV shows, concerts, fan meetings. They had been working so hard for this.


I went there alone because apparently the girls were not invited. 
“You know we’re not really close with Jennie, Jisoo and Rose. I don’t want them to feel awkward and enjoy nothing.”


So I went there alone wearing my comfortable hoodie, loose pants and sneakers. I also brought a bottle of wine. It’s their favorite.
Talking about Hanbin and Bobby, they are the male idols I find most comfortable to hang around with in my agency. They might look like some kind of gangsters but they have beautiful hearts.


“Hi Lisa! Come in!” 
“Congratulation bro!” I gave him the wine which he received gladly and he said he couldn’t wait to drink it up until the last drop. 


There were five men at the living room when I arrived. They were Bobby with his “Yo Lisa!”, and then DK, Junhoe, Yunhyeong and Jinhwan scatterd all over the room doing their own thing which was playing with their mobile phones. 
"Where are the others?” 
“They’ll be here. The party starts at 8 p.m anyway,” Bobby answered as he snatched the TV remote from my hand. Bobby was always playful when he's around me. Sometimes I find it annoying especially when he's teasing me. I know he loves it when I'm upset but I don't know why I can't hate him and always fall for his cute acts when he apologize. Only to annoy me again when he has a chance.

“But Chanwoo is not coming anyway. He just broke up with his girlfriend. He needs time.”
“Why? Are they fighting?”
“Debuting comes with a price my dear. Our fans will kill us if they know we’re in a relationship.”
“Seriously,” I rolled my eyes and snatched the remote from him.
“Yes, it’s a joke. They will not kill us physically but they will kill us mentally and when it happened we probably have to kill our dream , if not ourselves. Scary isn’t it.”
I was silent and couldn’t understand how Bobby could calmly mutter those words while munching potato chips.

But what he said is true. Korean music industry when it comes to idol group they want the idols belong to them. 
Honestly, I kind of reconsider my decision to debut with BlackPink. But I did debut anyway. Maybe one of the reasons was my husband.

***

It’s 7 p.m and I was still the only guest beside IKON members, minus heart broken Chanwoo , who couldn’t come and probably was busy talking with his dog at home when the other guest was finally coming. He’s wearing Elsa’s dress and a wig. I thought Hanbin was inviting a cosplayer but when he was stunned and laughing his head off I knew he’s not. The others started taking the Elsa guy's pictures. The poor soul. And me? I was star struck. Because it’s him, Jung Jongkook. The youngest member of BTS. His band wasn’t that famous but I had been rooting for him. Although he's wearing that horrible wig I could recognize him. I knew he’s friend with Bam Bam but Bam Bam was a pain in the and never brought him when we hung out. I didn’t tell Bam Bam that I had a crush on Jungkook back then. Bam Bam is my childhood friend and debuted first with his band Got7. Unfortunately they are not active as a band anymore or yet.


“What the fck are you wearing bro? Did I mistakenly text you to wear a dress code or something?”Hanbin finally could control his laughter. But not me.


I was still holding my laughter. It’s not polite to laugh at someone you first met. Especially someone you had crush on.


“Namjoon said I couldn’t go out tonight because tomorrow evening we have live performance at Korean University. So, I asked for Taehyun’s help and this is the best advice he can do.” 
He flashed a tight lipped smile, trying to endure the humiliation when his eyes caught my presence. My heart skipped a bit though.
“And then Taehyun told Namjoon that I am volunteering at orphanage nearby as Elsa for a birthday party,” he continued. “He wanted to come with me but when I said he needs to wear Anna’s dress and he said maybe next time.”


“Mwahahahahhahahahhaa! What an idiot!”


It’s me. My brain didn’t remember to keep the What- an -idiot- phrase in my head. And the laughter was also so unlady like.
When I felt all eyes on me, I was panic.
“No no no. Sorry. I didn’t mean to..”
“It’s okay Ms. Hoodie. Yes I look like an idiot in this dress but even if I wear this in public on a daylight, people will still think I’m cuter than you.” 


I belive he’s mad but my fangirl mode was activated.


Wha..what? Cuter than me? It’s a comparative degree in English right? It means he said I’m cute? Like we both cute but he’s cuter. Which is fine. Oh, did he just say I’m cute?! Oh my God.


“Yo yo yo, Lisa this is Jungkook, Jungkook this is Lisa one of the best trainees at our agency. Enough with the introduction.” Bobby tried to calm the situation and reverted his attention to Jungkook.
“Bro, you might want to change your costume now because I start to think that you are cute and we can use Hanbin’s room to ..,” Bobby couldn’t even finish his sentence because Jungkook immediately kicked hysterically laughing Bobby. He enjoyed it.


And my brain was still processing the ‘cute’ word.

 

***


“Lisa are you okay? You have been quiet since your small quarrel with Jungkook,” Jinhwan sat down and offer me Hanbin’s home made gimbab which surprisingly was delicious.
“Yes, I’m fine. I was just surprised that you guys only invite me and Jongkook?” I gave him a confused look. “ And why is he so persistent to come even tough his leader warned him?”


Jinhwan looked at me and asked me to come closer.

“Because his girlfriend is also coming.”


“Wha…what?? His girlfriend?!”
“Yup, she’s a trainee. You know her. It’s Miyeon. And she will come with her two female friends so you won’t feel awkward being the only female here although I know you want all the boys attention to yourself. Hahahha.”


The moment Jinhwan said Jungkook had a girlfriend and it’s Miyeon, my eyes widened and I covered my mouth with my hand. 


WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!