episode three;

We Got Married: It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

e p i s o d e t h r e e

 

[ON SCREEN – In the warmly lit little café, by the window where the sunlight shines through, the two sits opposite other as they began their first lunch date. Their conversation was muted to make way for the romantic background song that was later on added – one of Donghae’s slow and sensual singles.]

 

// Everyone: Oooohhh~

Leeteuk: Shin-PD really knows how to add on the vibes, doesn’t he?

Kyuhyun: It’s too romantic, why is it so romantic?

Leeteuk: Ya Kyu-ah, you’re a host for WGM, why are you always like this? You can’t be like this!

Kyuhyun proceeds to scrunch up his facial features and his shoulder to enhance the cringe that he felt from watching the scene.

 

< The ironic WGM host that’s allergic to romance! >

 

Leeteuk shakes his head fondly. //

 

The lunch went on smoothly, apart from the expected awkwardness that Donghae easily shrugged off while Hyukjae seems to stumble over sometimes. The soft and romantic moment had only lasted for that moment when reality quickly crashed down and showcased the two awkward husbands in front of the camera.

Of course, the awkwardness is expected and quite a running gag on the show.

Donghae, despite having 7 years of experience, also didn’t know how to act in such a weird situation. After all, he’s supposed to be married to the person sitting opposite him, but they both also know this is a fake marriage, yet they still have to be sweet and all chummy with each other. Honestly, his brain had yet to fully wrap around that unique concept.

“Do you like the ramen?” Hyukjae softly asks him, seeing that Donghae had eaten only taken a bite and was instantly regretting his choices.

How did he forget that he was supposed to be paired up with an artist? They would definitely have to be watching their diet constantly, and here he goes cooking up the world’s unhealthiest food for a first date.

Donghae blinks, his attention brought back onto Hyukjae, who’s staring at him with a pair of very distinctive moon-shaped eyes. He hasn’t even had the time to really see those eyes properly, having been mostly covered away from Hyukjae’s un-styled loose hair. His heart skips a beat because he thinks he can recognize those eyes, and then he mentally chides himself for the crazy thought because it absolutely doesn’t make sense.

“They’re delicious.” With a light gulp, Donghae replies with a default smile, “I really like it.”

Hyukjae is still apologetic, “I should have prepared something better for your diet. I’m sorry.”

“No, no it’s okay.” Donghae shakes his head understandingly, “You wouldn’t know about my diet anyways.”

Hyukjae’s chopsticks pause for the shortest moment as he goes for the kimchi.

He smiles, awkwardly, “…Yeah, you’re right. I—I just should have been more careful.”

The viewers back in the broadcasting room laugh at the awkwardness, shaking it off as a new couple trying to bond in a weird relationship. It happens to everyone, to be suddenly ‘married’ to a total stranger for the show, of course, anyone would be awkward.

Hyukjae, on the other hand, tries his best to shake off the memories of him helping Donghae prep for his workout meals. It had only happened a few times over their collaborations together when Donghae was too busy to even go home to rest. Somehow, it seems like he can remember the other’s diet quite well.

Thankfully, their awkwardness is short-lived as well, with a staff member passing over a new mission card.

Donghae glances through it first and raises an eyebrow in surprise, piping Hyukjae’s and the rest in the broadcasting room’s curiosity.

“We’re going to shop for furniture, already?”

“What?” Hyukjae’s eyes widen as he takes the mission card that Donghae passed him, “We’re getting a couple’s house today?”

 

< Shopping for furniture together as a second date! >

 

The staff member clarifies, “You will only be shopping for furniture for the couple's house today, but you won’t be moving in today.”

“Don’t shock us like that!” Donghae laughs, “I haven’t even packed anything.”

 

// Guest 1: Wow, they still got their couple house really early!

Guest 2: The other couple didn’t even get their couple house until the third date.

Kyuhyun: What’s there to pack, just buy everything new together and move in!

 

< Host-Kyu, always thinking of how to spend the show’s money. >

 

Leeteuk: Ah, that would be too sudden.

Kyuhyun: But they’re already married!

Leeteuk: That’s true, that’s true. Let’s see what the new couple would choose for their new couple's house!

Kyuhyun: Ah, I think this will be quite interesting! //

 

They finish the remaining meal in peace.

Hyukjae gets up to bring the dishes to the sink to wash them and was about to tell Donghae that he can take the time to rest, only to see the other getting up and following him.

“I’ll wash the dishes with you.” He speaks with a grin before Hyukjae gets to stop him.

Hyukjae huffs a small laugh, not intending to stop if he really wants to help. They stand together

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter