episode one;

We Got Married: It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

e p i s o d e o n e

.

[BROADCAST STATION]

Leeteuk took a deep breath as his assistant made some final adjustments to his clothes. He has his cue cards in his hands, although he wasn’t really focused on anything else right now.

It has been many years since he felt the jitters before going on broadcast.

He spares a glance at Shindong, who gave him two thumbs up from behind the camera and mouths, “Focus.”

Leeteuk barely fights back the urge to roll his eyes with a blink and throws his attention back to the stage. With another blink, the nervousness is fully gone as Leeteuk puts on his game face as a professional MC and walks on stage with his fellow colleagues.

He greets them with a warm welcome and invites them to their respective seats before standing with his long-time co-host, Kyuhyun, and smiles as he watches Shindong countdown from outside.

He starts exactly on cue, “Hello everybody, you are watching—”

“We Got Married!” Leeteuk and Kyuhyun finish together.

“Today’s undoubtedly a very exciting day.” Leeteuk smiles knowingly at the camera, “I think we have all seen the news, so there’s not much mystery there anymore.”

The guests laugh, excitement evident all around.

“Honestly, it did take me by surprise.” Kyuhyun follows along, “I definitely wasn’t expecting him to join WGM.”

“Ah right,” Leeteuk nods understandingly, “Kyuhyun and him are close friends, aren’t you?”

“Wait, then are you counted as a host or guest today?”

Kyuhyun smiles, “I can be both.”

Leeteuk laughs as they finish the introduction for the show, and with a signal from Shindong, proceeds on with the actual start.

“Yes, that is right, today we welcome a new couple to the show!”

“Let’s watch the screen now.”

 

[ON SCREEN - The camera pans to showcase a bright and sunny day outside, before transitioning into the building, showing a common corridor that hints at the backstage for usual performances. With another quick transition, the camera and view make their way towards a specific room, with the cameraman knocking lightly to announce their arrival.]

 

< Time to introduce the new husband! >

 

The door open after a short moment, with an assistant smiling and bowing apologetically at the short delay, “Our apologies, he was in the midst of changing out of his performance clothes.”

The staffs behind the camera nod in understanding, and the assistant walks away with them to avoid disturbing the filming process. The camera pans and finds the main character of the day easily, with the bright white-blonde hair attracting all’s attention.

Lee Donghae has just removed his make-up, and he shoots a small smile at the camera alongside with a nod of his head. On-screen, they showed a short video of him on stage performing his comeback.

 

// Leeteuk: Wow~ That’s a very cool stage.

Kyuhyun: Aish this hyung, he’s not afraid to show his bare face.

Leeteuk: You can’t blame him; he has all the good visuals.

The guests laugh as Kyuhyun shows a look of obvious disdain. //

 

Donghae receives the mission card from a staff member and shows off the beautiful design on it to the camera before opening it up to read. He raises an eyebrow at the address that was printed and the little lines of what he must do to find his ‘other half’.

“You guys just enjoy making this ridiculously hard.” Shaking his head with a pout, Donghae shows the instructions that he’s been given and takes the chance to complain.

The scene is then cut to a new scene, where Donghae has some fresh and light makeup on, getting off the car that was provided for transport, evidently reaching the address that he was given.

“This place is one of the dance practice rooms that some artists like to visit.” Donghae explains as he walks towards the low building, “There’s another one that’s bigger and more popular, but I like this one better.”

He chuckles, “I honestly wasn’t expecting to meet my ‘other half’ at this place, of all places.”

He walks into the building with familiarity, proving his previous words. Stopping by the desk, Donghae goes to ask the receptionist if there’s anyone waiting for him, receiving a positive reply and a room number.

Thanking the receptionist, Donghae beckons the cameraman to follow closer as he walks towards the lift. There’s a moment when it seems like he was lost in thoughts, only to be brought back by the ‘ding’ of the elevator’s arrival.

Smiling sheepishly, he explains, “I guess the staff members must have done their research. Room 1504 is considered my room at most times.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter