Sealed and Sorry

Hands off, (he's mine)

Word count: 937

 

“Kibum, could you please inch closer?”

 

The feline-looking man bats his eyelashes, lost and inquiring. 

 

The photographer gestures at the armchair vaguely. “There, just sit on it. Jihyuk, stand right behind, and maybe you could wrap one arm around Kibum’s neck?” He instructs, waiting for both models to get in position before lifting the camera high again, telling them to still.

 

The shutter sound echoes throughout the studio, flashes of white blinking again and again before Kibum’s eyes. Had he not been trained since he was young to handle the lights, he could have gotten blind by the first time it struck deep in his eyes.

 

Though what catches his attention at the moment is not exactly that. The arm that falls on his shoulder is stiff and awkward, and it’s too uncomfortable—but that is not the problem, too. 

 

From his peripheral vision, he can see Jonghyun, his manager-slash-boyfriend, standing and watching the scene silently. His face doesn’t give any emotion away, likely from all the years facing the press and covering things up (their relationship included), but it’s clear to Kibum that his hands are curling tight by his sides, knuckles turning white.

 

And somehow, it makes Kibum smile.

 

Because within the exact brief second as their eyes meet, Kibum swears he could see the small pout gracing Jonghyun’s lips. It’s brief. It’s subtle, but hell, it’s there. The model swallows back a chuckle and refocuses on the camera.

 

“A bit closer—yes, a little more.”

 

Han is about to lower his head to situate it next to Kibum’s, the arm tightening, and that’s when Jonghyun’s patience snaps.

 

“I think,” the manager starts after clearing his throat. His feet bring him closer to the photographer. “It discomfits Kibum to have such close proximity for a photoshoot like this. Don’t you need to ask for his consent?”

 

“Huh? Are you uncomfortable, Kibum?” The photographer averts his gaze toward the said model. “Are you not okay with Han Jihyuk being so close to you?”

 

Kibum blinks. He doesn’t mind, honestly. It’s his job, after all, to pose around and bring the essence out onto a useless piece of magazine. But then he sees Jonghyun, jaw clenched hard, and lips clamped tight. His eyes speak something—oh, something akin to genuine worry, concern, and most importantly, jealousy. 

 

Jonghyun is jealous, and Kibum is here for every second of it.

 

“Actually,” Kibum finally answers, tearing his eyes from Jonghyun’s big doe ones to stare at the photographer. He feigns sickness immediately. “I’m a bit unwell today. It’s not that I’m uncomfortable with Han, but I don’t want him to get sick, too.”

 

“Oh boy, why didn’t you tell me earlier?” The photographer frowns, then leans forward to rub down Kibum’s back. “Then we’ll take a rain check on this shoot, okay? Please get well soon. Manager Kim, could you please arrange another time for this session?”

 

Jonghyun straightens up and nods briskly. “Will do that, Photographer Jang. Thank you so much.”

 

“Not a problem.”

 

The manager wastes no time leading Kibum back into the car, all after thanking and apologising to the staff for the inconvenience caused. Once he has buckled up, Jonghyun sighs out loud.

 

“What’s with that sigh?” Kibum questions, though he knows the answer already. He knows it way too well, even—all the more reason to hear it from his boyfriend’s mouth.

 

“I don’t like him. That Heh dude.”

 

“Han.”

 

“That’s what I said,” Jonghyun grunts and starts manoeuvring the car onto the road. “He’s so touchy with you. I don’t like it.”

 

“Babe, you know it’s my job, yes?” Kibum understands Jonghyun completely. If he were in his place, he would get jealous, too. But he wants to know something. “And there’s nothing about that guy that attracts me.”

 

“Who knows? He’s not that bad,” Jonghyun taps his fingers on the steering wheel.

 

“In what way?”

 

“Well, he’s pretty pale, but I figured you wouldn’t like that. A winning point for me. Pointed nose, though mine is better. Too muscular. Nah,” the manager grimaces in his seat. “But he’s tall. That pissed me off.”

 

And Kibum starts laughing out loud, eyes disappearing and hands clapping with intensity. It shocks Jonghyun—the sound is piercing, but he’s in love, so he smiles at the funny melody instead.

 

“So you’re jealous because he’s tall and you think I might like that better?”

 

Jonghyun groans as he stops at the red light. “You don’t have to repeat that.”

 

“I’m just reconfirming,” Kibum chuckles and turns slightly, one leg folded to gaze at his boyfriend’s side profile. Something stirs in his stomach that he has to close a hand over his smiling lips, giddy. “I love you, you know? I don’t like tall people. They are annoying.”

 

“Exactly what I’m saying!” Jonghyun nods furiously. He feels a poke on his cheek, figuring it’s Kibum’s slender finger touching him. “They are annoying.”

 

“Mm, so don’t worry your brilliant head about it.”

 

There’s a pause like Jonghyun is considering the statement. After a moment, he inches forward, lips puckered readily. “A kiss and I shall consider tall people annoying forever.”

 

Silly. The need to smother kisses all over Jonghyun’s face blooms in Kibum’s heart, but he’s driving, so what suffices now would be a long, tender kiss on those full lips as he cups his face in warm hands. 

 

“I love you.”

 

But no, Jonghyun is eager. He pinches Kibum’s chin and delves deep, kissing a little longer, claiming a little wilder until the car behind starts honking them off. That’s when Jonghyun pulls back with another grunt.

 

“I love you more. Cars, too, are annoying.”

 


AN:

Subscriptions and comments are greatly appreciated as always. Special thanks to my bestie, The2minwol for this beautiful prompt! Hope you like it. <3