the universe called

i have the universe (you hang the stars)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Chaewon joined the third season of the survival show that created IOI and Wanna One, she didn't really think much about it. She just knows she's here to compete with Eunbi unnie, Suyoon, and Sohee. 

 

And 92 other girls, including the famous idol groups in Japan.

 

Chaewon didn't really expect much during the show. The training was harsh, the language barrier during practice was challenging, and everything they were doing was routine by this point. Still, it was nice to meet new friends and be slowly known for her vocals - which is why Chaewon didn't really complain much.

 

Not when she sees the Japanese girls go back and forth from the filming site and their homeland every week just to fulfill their duties as trainees and idols simultaneously.

 

Amongst them, one girl in particular was always the talk of the town. 

 

Chaewon didn't really know about Sakura before. Only when their first evaluation stage was over and they were given their respective grades did Chaewon get to search who Miyawaki Sakura was. And well, that's one spot in the debut line-up Chaewon is sure of.

 

Even so, Chaewon didn't really get to know Sakura during the whole filming of the survival show. They never got to be on a team together nor did their circle of friends overlapped. She only heard stories from Eunbi unnie, "Sakura is so cute when she asks me how to pronounce this,"

 

or saw the deep respect Nako has when approaching Sakura for help, "Saku-chan, what do you think should I do?" 

 

But other than that, their paths didn't cross each other until the end.

 

Being part of the final line-up seemed like a dream for Chaewon who did not even have much screen time during the entirety of the show. But, Chaewon is really, really happy to debut with her Eunbi unnie, and deep down she's grateful she was given a chance to finally get to know Sakura as a member. 

 

They have at least two and a half years to build that bridge Chaewon had always been curious to step onto.

 

"Congratulations, unnie!"

 

"You too, Chaewon!"

It's kind of amazing for Chaewon to see the combination of the members for the other dorm: their two main position members, the Japanese members, and their youngest member. But then again, it was also expected in regards to the language department.

 

Still, it was another instance of their daily lives not crossing but Chaewon isn't complaining. After all, she's still with her Eunbi unnie (no matter how much she says she says she doesn't like it). Plus, Yena, Hyewon, Minju, and Yujin are all fun people to live with, despite their fights for eating the cheese first or the loud ruckus everyday.

 

Chaewon is just curious how the other dorm lives. Especially when they moved into a new building and learned that Sakura got her own computer room. She's curious what Sakura's room looks like, what she looks like when she's gaming so seriously, and whether she has eaten or not since she knows the girl sometimes forgets to eat when she's playing (something Chaeyeon always complained to Eunbi unnie, and subsequently Chaewon, about).

 

"Honestly, when she gets her own fridge in the room, I'm afraid I'm the only one who'll get to see her outside our practice room."

 

She won't admit it, but sometimes she's jealous of Chaeyeon when she gets to tell them stories about Sakura. Chaewon wants to know Sakura that well too, to be able to have anecdotes of her like that.

 

"Saku-chan surprised me earlier. Gave me a massage after our practice and my heart skipped a little."

 

"Chaeyeon-ah, you're a bit red, huh?"

 

"Gosh, just date already."

 

"You sure about that, Chaewon?"

 

"W-what does that mean, unnie?"

 

"Hmm."

 

"Eunbi unnie?? Chaeyeon unnie??"

 

But, as luck has it, Sakura seemed to collect lots and lots of anecdotes of their members for her radio show. And as far as Chaewon's luck goes, her anecdotes by Sakura is definitely an experience.

 

Contrary to popular belief, Chaewon is not oblivious to what their fans (and members) are saying. She knows about Sakura's... liking to her. And Minju.

"I would want Chaewon as my girlfriend. She's so cute and she makes my heart happy. Minju is so beautiful, we're an official couple you know? Since her birthday, but are we really?"

 

Knows the little snippets of their daily lives Sakura tells her radio show listeners. Knows about the compliments and wishful fantasies the older girl tells the public like it's no big deal. So of course, the members being IZ*One members, they tease their normally cool and slightly aloof unnie about it who only shrugs and feigns ignorance despite the reddening of her ears.

 

"Wow unnie, you really made a whole new world with those descriptions."

 

"Kkura made herself a harem protagonist, can you believe that?"

 

"Hyewon! I did not!"

 

"So, should I start coming to your room from now on, Kkura?"

 

"When have you not come to my room to play Maple Story, Eunbi unnie?"

 

"Omo, did I just see our little cheetah flare her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter