Oneshot

A Ball To Remember

He can see couples dancing everywhere. Lovers leaning at each other's arms. It was as if these people can't be separated for a glint of second. Kai's almost doubting his ability as a man. His ability of dancing with the girl he loves. It was a perfect cold night under the crescent moon that was radiating off lights that are hitting Taeyeon's crimson eyes. Those lovely chinky crimson eyes that made her the most adorable girl among everyone in this ball. It was her best asset that everyone would die to have. It was her best asset that made Kai fall for her. So did made everyone else.

Kai and Taeyeon were pretty close back then during their elementary days, he used to always , always joke about her and he would always make her cry. But that was back then. Because tonight, Taeyeon have turned into a lady, a beautiful and admirable lady.

By his side, there is Jonghyun, his bestfriend, rumors were Taeyeon and Jonghyun dated for a while, but it was never confirmed. So it's neither real nor false. Just like his hopes for Taeyeon, he have never told anyone about it. She never knew his feelings for her. So it was neither she loves him back nor she doesn't.

But tonight should be an exception, right? It's his only chance, his only way to let her know his feelings. Slowly, he walked towards her, took innumerable deep breaths before handing out his hand to her.

She was not expecting Kai to offer her to dance with him. She did imagine about this scenario, but she never expected it to happen in reality. As she was about to take his hand, she saw that idiotic smile forming in his face. It was the same smile he used to wear back then everytime he would make her cry. Suddenly, thoughts of him making her cry flashed in her mind. She looked at hus face again. It was like he's playing one of his old tricks again. Does he think he's gonna make her cry again? Hell he would. She stood up without taking his filthy hands and went to Jonghyun, the nearest lad beside Kai, she offered him to dance which the latter accepted.

He stood there. Unable to move. Unable to look at her. To look at Taeyeon and Jonghyun. It was as if the sky have fell onto hom. She didn't refused at his offer. Nor she did rejected him. But she have completely ignored him. And it hurts more than anything else. This was a ball to remember, after all.

 

_________________

 

first time writing a ficlet and it . Comments and criticism are highly appreciated.