The only chapter

No more waiting

Emily's POV

All this while, I was waiting. I was hoping that a miracle could happen. I secretly hoped that Jungkook likes me too. So, I waited, waited and waited. Nothing happened. I felt sad when I see no signs of him liking me too. One day, this thought just came to my mind. What if he too likes me but he’s hesitant to tell me because of the fear of rejection. This thought makes me want to confess immediately. But then another thought came to my mind. What if he has no feelings for me. How embarrassing would that be. No, wait. That embarrassment is nothing compared to the time I wasted thinking about him. That just meant I had wasted my three years thinking about him. I have spent too much of my emotions on him and I’m never doing this again. If he likes me, it’s great. If he doesn’t like me, then at least I’ve got an answer and can stop spending so much time and mental energy on him. I’m so gonna confess next week.

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 years later

Jungkook was sitting opposite her watching her eating the waffle he just made. He couldn’t stop smiling while staring at her. They’re married for two months now and it feels weird referring Emily as her wife while at the same time it feels really good. He started smiling widely when he remembered the way she confessed five years ago. He felt really thankful that she asked him out first because he never had the courage to ask her out. Knowing that she’s the number one student at the school made him feel like he doesn’t stand a chance to be with her. He always came at third or second last at school. He remembered her saying to him ‘Your grade has got nothing to do with your self-worth as a person. Grade is just grade’ and that made him fell for her more.

‘Thank you for this JK’ Emily said. ‘It’s really delicious’

‘I know. I’m a great cook’ JK replied.

‘You’re the best! Now that I’ve praised you, can you wash the dishes too’ Emily jokingly said.

‘You know I would do anything for you princess but you were the one who insisted that we follow the house chore division with full discipline. When I’m in charge of cooking, you’re in charge of cleaning up. Doesn’t that sentence ring a bell?’ Jk raised his eyebrow

‘Ughh why did I made that stupid house chore timetable’ Emily complained

Jk laughed while looking at her