fin

nuggets, colas and you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one fateful night at the bar.

 

Honestly, Kim Chaewon doesn't have any intentions of going because she's the type that's too scared to socialize. More so, she’s too afraid to try things out of her comfort zone.

 

She's a goody-two-shoes, as per her twin's words.

 

Kim Chaewon is a diligent student. Kim Chaewon always follows her parents' words. Kim Chaewon never messes up. Kim Chaewon doesn't attend drinking parties. Kim Chaewon is the perfect daughter any parent would ask for.

 

"And this is exactly why everyone finds you boring, shorty," Applying her favorite bloody red lipstick, Kim Chaehyun, her identical pink-haired twin, uttered while briefly looking at her through the mirror.

 

"You're too–" the older of the twin pressed her lips together to spread the red hue on it properly. "–uptight and righteous. And boring," Chaehyun reiterated.

 

"Am not!" The short-haired girl argued. "You're just too rebellious for your own good!"

 

Wearing her leather jacket on top of her black cropped tank top, the pink-haired girl replied, "See? You can't even raise your voice during arguments. You still sound sweet and angelic," Frowning in her own words, Chaehyun then grabbed the keys of her motorcycle. "I can't even fathom how you're able to go on with your way of living."

 

The short-haired girl got up from their bed, pouting while hugging her favorite Kuromi-printed pillow, "Not everyone's built wanting thrill and excitement like you–"

 

"–and like that dancer you're crushing on after watching her perform during the school's foundation day," Cutting the words of her twin with a raised brow, pinkie drew a smirk on her face while looking at Chaewon, enjoying the way the latter's eyes widened and hanged in shock.

 

"I'm not crushing on her!" Her tone was still sugary and melodious, but you could tell from her voice that the short-haired girl was shaken up from what she had heard.

 

Like she's desperately trying to prove her innocence inside the court of justice, even if the pieces of evidence are pretty straightforward and conclusive.

 

Riding along with her twin’s forced nonchalance but is really not buying her excuse, Chaehyun then muttered while checking her phone, "Oh, I was about to tell you she's coming to Minju's drinking party, but I guess you won't find that info interesting anyway," She still maintained that exasperating grin on her face, the type that almost always manages to successfully provoke the slightly younger twin.

 

"Well then I gotta go ‘coz Minju's looking for me already,"

 

"Go enjoy the comfort your boring life provides you,"

 

"But let me just say that you'll never get a girlfriend that way,"

 

“Not unless you wanna get stuck on an arranged marriage. Which probably will be suggested by our parents,” With a final wink that clearly aims to twin and triumphantly does so, the pink-haired girl exited their shared room.

 

It was already midnight. Chaewon being the coward and righteous girl she is, she couldn't really have the heart to break the rules.

 

She's thinking about her twin's words, though.

 

Because Chaehyun was right, she indeed harbors a little crush towards that dancer in a suit.

 

(It’s just a teeny tiny bit of crush, nothing more.)

 

(Or so Chaewon will always convince herself.)

 

She wanna curse that attractive smile she gave her during that performance. Damn that mysterious pair of hazelnut orbs too.

 

Chaewon knows that she's just another forgettable audience in the crowd and that smile might not mean anything for the girl, but darn. That single smile had sent her heart into chaos.

 

She couldn't explain it herself. There's just something alluring about the girl's aura. It's the kind that would unconsciously pull you in without even trying.

 

"How did she even know about my crush?"

 

Minutes turned into hours. Chaewon was tossing and turning, trying so hard to find the proper position for sleeping. But she couldn't.

 

Damn her twin and the power of her words.

 

But most of all, damn that attractive dancer.

 

And so she got up from her bed. Fixing her appearance on the vanity mirror after putting her clothes for partying on (it’s more like an attire perfect for an afternoon tea party), she then wrote a letter addressed to her parents telling them that her twin's asking her to drive her home since she's too wasted to even lift a finger.

 

She knew her parents would believe her because this wasn't the first time she had ever picked up a drunken pink-head, so it was a safe excuse to make.

 

She knew, however, that her twin would never leave that party sozzled. She's with Kim Minju, her girlfriend, and will probably drive her home, so even if she likes drinking and partying 'til dawn, Chaehyun won't risk the chance of getting Minju harmed just because she couldn't hold her alcohol just for a night. Plus, there could be weird guys who might attempt to make moves on Minju and her twin won't like that, so as much as possible, she wants to keep herself sobber.

 

But Chaewon needs an excuse and that's the perfect one she has at hand.

 

And so, with a final look of herself in the mirror, she left their house together with their family driver.

 

The place was loud. It was deafening, even. The kind of atmosphere that Chaewon loathes.

She always likes it peaceful and serene.

 

It was crowded with many people, so she found it hard to search for her twin. Well, actually, her eyes had been searching for another person and it wasn't pinky.

 

There were, however, way too many eyes fixated on her that she just wanted to completely ignore. She's getting uncomfortable because of the stares, but she thought of the main reason why she came to this party in the first place.

 

 

Wait...

 

What was the reason again?

 

To prove to her twin that she can be interesting too?

 

To finally experience the life she's been depriving herself of?

 

To drive her twin home?

 

Ah.

 

It was because she wanted to see that dancer. It's because she wants to see her and satiate this unexplainable yearning she has for her. It's because, at the back of her mind, Chaewon’s thinking that maybe the very image of the dancer’s smile will finally stop invading her mind when she sees her one more time.

 

Her reason isn't even logical, but logic and whoever said that logic is needed when doing something.

 

Sometimes, it's okay to act without thinking too much about it.

 

Or is it?

 

Because right now, she just found herself in the middle of two grubby-looking, mustached guys with breath stinking due, probably, to the amount of alcohol they already intake.

 

"I didn't know the famous church girl will come here tonight,"

 

Church girl? Chaewon couldn't believe what she had heard. She's agnostic, for 's sake!

 

But then she looked at her attention-grabbing white, puff-sleeved, cupcake dress. And then she thought of the other clothes she owned in her closet.

 

‘Well, now that makes sense.’

 

"We know you're not used to attending these types of parties so allow us to be your company tonight," The tattooed dude with multiple piercings offered.

 

Chaewon just looked at them with a blank face and then proceeded to roam her eyes around.

 

She's trying to make them understand that she's not, in the least bit, interested.

 

"Hey,"

 

"Didn't you hear us?" Their voices were getting impatient, so as the looks on their faces.

 

Still, it was radio silence. Deep inside, though, Chaewon’s starting to feel anxious. She’s in the sea of strangers, a situation she’s not used to being be in.

 

The right dude was about to grab her arm and Chaewon was about to scream for help when they heard a voice interrupting the guy's deed.

 

"Hey."

 

It wasn't that loud, but it was deep and scary. The voice commands full attention. It has that charismatic authority that will make your head turn and search for the owner of the voice.

 

And so she did.

 

"Get out of the way." Again, it was calm. But it was terrifyingly attractive. Like it has the power to seep right through one's bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter