AT 5PM

MITZU ONE-SHOT STORIES

“Myoui Mina!” The mentioned girl was finally woken up from her deep slumber when her mother screamed her name from their kitchen downstairs. Mina rubbed her eyes and slowly opened them to adjust to the light coming from her bedroom window.

 

She forgot to close the curtains again.

 

Mina Sharon Myoui, one last call, and I will tell your dad about this laziness!” Mina widened her eyes and quickly fixed herself. She did her morning routines, and in a span of a minute, she was already helping her mom to prepare their breakfast.

 

 

Mina is always scared and intimidated by her dad, even though he is a sweet father to her, he is still scary when he’s mad. The last thing she wants to happen is her dearest PS5 to be confiscated, so she did her very best to console her mom’s madness.

 

 

 

After eating breakfast, Mina stretched and proceeded to her bedroom to get ready for school. It’s the first day of class after the 3-week mid-year break and she will surely miss her dearest game joystick.

 

 

Myoui Mina is a good student. She does well in school, but not to the point of being at the top of the class. She's just above average, and she's content with that. She's beautiful, and she undoubtedly has plenty of admirers, but no one has ever managed to capture her attention.

 

 

And to be honest, she doesn't appreciate the attention she's receiving.

It’s too infuriating.

 

 

All she wants to do is study and get dismissed early by her dearest professors so she can lie in bed all night playing video games. She’s lucky she manages to look beautiful even when she’s too lazy to take care of herself.

 

 

The truth to be told, if it’s not because of her mom’s cooking, she might just order takeout foods for her everyday meals, and she will surely lose her very defined abs.

 

 

 

Yes. Mina Sharon Myoui has abs. She does. And she’s hot.

 

 

---

 

“Mina, you’ll love to see my gameplay in Overwatch last night. I beat Chaeyoung’s team alone! I mean, my teammates did a little contribution, but—” Dahyun was cut off when the other girl, Chaeyoung, ran to the duo and smacked her head.

 

“Shut up, Dahyun. It was just one game and mind you, the last game before I sleep. I told you I got tired of beating you for 13 consecutive games.” Chaeyoung bragged and gave the two a smug look.

Mina winced.

Her two friends just don’t have anything to brag about. She thought about her 39-win streaks and smirked to herself while her two friends bicker behind her.

 

The two finally stopped insulting each other’s gameplay when they entered their room. All of them sat quietly in their seats. Mina felt her classmates’ stares and some faint ‘good morning’, but she ignored them all.

 

When she checked her watch and realized that it was still early for the class, she slumped on her chair and took a nap.

 

 

---

 

“Good morning, Ms. Myoui.” Mina groaned when she heard her favorite professor call her by her surname. She lazily opened her eyes and realized that their professor was not alone.

 

 

Beside Mr. Wang, stands a beautiful girl with charming eyes that shines so bright. Her nose is perfect, and her lips are pinkish and plump.

 

 

 

Mina unknowingly her bottom lip while looking at those lips for a moment.

 

The girl seems new to Mina. A transfer student? Nevertheless, Mina didn’t have any idea why her heart started beating faster when she saw the girl. The said student is just bowing shyly in the front of the class, smiling softly as Mr. Wang deals with Mina being a sleepyhead.

 

 

Mina can’t help but stare at the girl. “She’s beautiful.” Mina thought.

 

She didn’t get to hear Mr. Wang’s grumpiness because she is too focused on checking the girl out.

 

 

Mina had just woken up from her daydreams when she heard the girl speak.

 

“Hi. I am Chou Tzuyu, from Taiwan International School. I hope we can all get along well. Thank you!” The pretty girl bowed, and Myoui Mina fell in love.

 

 

 

But she had no idea what just happened to her.

 

Mina felt someone poking her arms using a pen, so she turned her head to her side, glaring at Chaeyoung. “What?!”

 

“She’s pretty.” Chaeyoung noticed that Mina lost her demeanor the moment her eyes landed on the new girl, so she decided to friend.

 

 

“And so?” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at her friends’ antics. It might not be obvious to others but being friends with Mina for a very long time now helped Chaeyoung to memorize every expression that the girl makes.

 

“And she will sit next to you.” She said pertaining to the seat beside Mina which happens to be the only available chair in their classroom.

 

“As if I care.” Chaeyoung smirked. She’s getting the reaction she’s expecting.

 

“Whatever you say.” She shrugged and decided to focus on their class orientation.

 

 

Mina noticed that she is not the only one who was mesmerized by the new girl’s beauty, but almost everyone in the class. She peaked a glance towards the girl, and she saw her taking notes diligently. “Dang that side-profile.” She mumbled.

 

 

Tzuyu, the pretty girl, felt that someone is staring at her, so she turned her head towards Mina. Mina was taken aback when Tzuyu smiled softly at her. She felt her heart somersaulting again and she didn’t know how to make it stop, so she ignored Tzuyu’s sweet smile and unknowingly rolled her eyes on the girl.

 

 

 

Tzuyu, who saw it, just shrugged it off. “Maybe she’s having a bad day.” She thought.

 

 

---

 

“Guys, Mina is now a grown-up!” Chaeyoung excitedly shouted to their friends as they approach them at their table at the cafeteria. The girls are looking at them with their eyes widened in surprise.

 

Never in their entire stay at the university, have they heard anyone says that.

 

“What the hell do you mean, Chaeng? Details, please.” Nayeon quickly pulled the youngest girl to sit beside her and the other flock around them. Mina just uninterestedly sat on a vacant chair and played with her phone.

 

After animatedly telling the story of Mina being “in love” with their friends, Chaeyoung contentedly slump on her chair and munched on her burger. The others are looking at Mina while giving her a teasing look.

 

Mina, who felt like their place went to silence, looked up from her phone.

She saw her friends grinning widely at her, so she rolled her eyes on them and focused on her game again.

 

 

“So, you’re in love.” Sana wiggled her eyebrows at Mina even though the latter was too focused on her game.

 

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She said, uninterested which earned a smirk from all her friends.

 

 

“If you say so.” Jihyo smirked at her remarks and focused on eating her lunch.

 

 

A moment of silence enveloped their atmosphere as everyone, except Mina, started eating their lunch. Mina is too busy playing her games that she doesn’t have any interest in food anymore.

 

 

“Holy moly.” Nayeon exaggeratedly dropped her burger as if she saw something from heaven above.

 

 

Which is for her, kind of true.

 

 

“Who is that pretty lady?” She mumbled, still staring at the girl.

 

“Oh, what are the odds.” Dahyun chuckled. “That’s her, Tzuyu. Mina’s love interest.”

 

Mina choked on her saliva when her eyes met Tzuyu’s dreamy ones, the moment she turned her head up.

 

 

Momo, who sits beside her, gently patted her back while laughing at Mina’s reaction. “Good choice, Myoui!” She teased and slapped Mina’s abs.

 

The group laughed out loud and the one who claimed herself to be the brightest amongst all, Nayeon, thought of a plan. “Thank me later, Minari.” She winked and stood up from her chair. “Jihyo-ya, could you please move a sit and leave a spot beside Mina? Thanks!” Jihyo did just exactly what Nayeon told her to do. She knows what was about to happen.

 

 

While Mina just sat there, confused.

 

 

Minutes have passed and they heard Nayeon and her cheerful greetings approaching them, so the group turned their heads towards her.

 

 

 

They are all shocked to see who’s with her…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The one and only, Chou Tzuyu.

 

“Everyone, I hope you don’t mind Tzuyu here joining us for lunch. She’s new here so she still doesn’t have friends yet. It’s a good coincidence that Mina here is her classmate.” Nayeon smirked at Mina when she noticed the girl getting uncomfortable in her seat. She can’t even look in Tzuyu’s direction and keeps on distracting herself with her phone. “Oh, and Chaeyoung and Dahyun too.” The group smiled warmly at the new girl and Tzuyu can’t help but return their smiles with the same warmth. She mouthed a soft ‘thank you’ which earned heart eyes from the group.

 

“You may sit beside Mina. Don’t worry, she’s always like that but she doesn’t bite.” Jeongyeon said which made Mina wince. “Remind me to kill Jeongyeon later.” She talked to herself.

 

Mina is still trying to play on her phone when she felt the seat beside her slowly getting occupied by Tzuyu.

Her nose was engulfed with a very ethereal smell that she thought, can make her fall asleep.

 

 

“Hi.” Tzuyu tried approaching Mina for the second time today, but Mina still ignored her. The others witnessed what happened and they all silently cooed at how cute Mina is acting right now.

 

 

“She can be a little grumpy sometimes.” Jihyo patted Tzuyu’s back while the latter just nodded her head. Mina wore her earphones and the group, together with Tzuyu, eat their lunch while having some chitchats.

 

 

In a span of 30 minutes, they already loved the girl. She’s so kind and warm. Nayeon was bragging that she’s the first friend Tzuyu had ever gotten close with, and she’s so honored about it.

 

 

Tzuyu noticed that Mina only have a bottle of soda in front of her, so she softly asked the others, “Why is she not eating anything?”

 

“She’s always like that. All she does is play every lunch. She only eats at home because her mom might shove with food if she missed a meal.” Chaeyoung explained and the youngest girl just nodded her head.

 

“And she’s taking care of her abs you know.” Momo wiggled her eyebrows at her and Tzuyu felt her face heating up hearing what the girl have said. She didn’t respond to Momo, but instead, fanned her face because it suddenly felt hot in her place.

 

The group snickered with the girls’ actions. They thought that the girls are a perfect match, and they will do everything to support and help the two discovered the interest they have in one another.

 

 

“I know you get the feels…” Nayeon started singing which made the others laugh.

 

 

The lunch was amazing and Tzuyu didn’t feel any awkwardness or being out of place. The girls are so warm and welcoming, and they even invite her to eat with them every lunch and to always hang out with them.

 

 

But still, Tzuyu feels like even though the majority of the girls liked her presence, Mina still doesn’t want her to be around. She sadly walked to the library and decided to just study.

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu hopes that Mina will also be her friend soon.

 

 

---

 

“Gather here, everyone!” Professor Kang waved her hand to get the students’ attention. Today, their school will be having a tree-planting activity in the countryside and the whole gang participated.

 

Well, Myoui Mina was not really into this kind of activity. If it’s not because of someone, maybe she’s still at home today, playing video games and enjoying the free day. But dang it, Chou Tzuyu is an environmentalist and Mina can’t handle her puppy eyes when she flashed it when inviting everyone to join.

 

The girls immediately agreed when Tzuyu asked them to participate in the activity, not because they wanted it, but because the youngest was too cute to get rejected.

 

Meanwhile, all of them turned their attention to Mina, who was taking a bite on her burger.

 

Yes, she’s eating her lunch now, at least four times a week.

 

She saw the group staring at her, waiting for her answer, which made her gulp. She accidentally turned her gaze towards Tzuyu who gave her an innocent puppy look that caused her to cough.

 

Momo patted her back, and her abs, and gave her water.

 

 

Finally, Mina let out a faint, “fine.” without looking at the girl. And they all celebrated.

 

 

“Your class advisers will give you the lists of the seating arrangements for each bus. Your seatmate will also be your partner on the activity when we reach the place. Partners should help each other plant at least 2 trees together. Am I clear?” Professor Kang eyed the students strictly and asked Namjoon, the Student Council President, for her Dior bag.

 

“Yes, Ms. Kang.” The students answered in chorus. Kang Seulgi is the school’s nightmare. She’s so strict and well-managed. She doesn’t want anyone to slouch and wander around the school. She’s a clean freak and a very organized woman.

 

 

But actually, she’s the one maintaining the school’s peacefulness. It was hard for the others to admit it, but she’s one of the best teachers in the university.

 

 

Class 3-A which includes Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu, gathered in one place waiting for their adviser to give Dahyun, the Class President, the list for the partners.

 

Tzuyu can’t help but stare at Mina fondly. She didn’t know when it started but whenever her eyes landed on Mina, her heart will beat frantically. She thought that it was because Mina is so cool when she put her hand on her jeans’ pocket or when she leans her back on the wall while waiting for her after class.

 

It’s not that Mina did it voluntarily, but because the unnies asked her to wait for Tzuyu whenever the younger will take a little longer fixing her things.

 

Tzuyu thought that Mina is so adorable when she walks like a penguin and when she whines whenever she gets the gang’s teasing, also when she rolled her eyes and when she’s annoyed. Tzuyu will unknowingly smile whenever Mina will reveal her gummy smile every once in a while.

 

She has no idea what she’s feeling towards the girl, but she likes it. It feels warm.

 

“Chaeyoung, your partner will be Somi. Jungkook and Taehyung. Sunghoon and Sunoo.” Mina felt like fidgeting on her spot when she saw in her peripherals that Tzuyu is staring at her.

 

 

“Do I have dirt on my face? Do I look weird or something? Oh gosh, I shouldn’t have worn these sneakers, I guess it looks weird on my jeans. But I saw this on Pinterest, what could go wrong? Argh!” Mina is overthinking because of Tzuyu’s stares. She kept her cool, but deep inside, she was feeling all the butterflies on her tummy, and the embarrassment encircling around her.

 

 

“Mina, you’ll be with Tzuyu.” Dahyun said with a hint of teasing and wiggling her eyebrows towards the two. Tzuyu felt her cheeks heating up, so she averted her gaze towards them, while Mina nervously rolled her eyes which made Dahyun and Chaeyoung chuckle.

 

 

At last, the students entered the buses. Mina is having anxiety on her mind about whether she will let Tzuyu choose where she wants to sit, or she will just ignore the girl and sit by the window.

 

Her first argument won. She walked behind Tzuyu and let the girl decide which spot she wants to occupy. But before Tzuyu sat down, she turned to Mina who is surprised by the sudden action.

 

“Um, which seat do you prefer?” She softly asked. So soft that it might seem inaudible to others. Luckily, Mina heard it.

 

Mina didn’t answer and just stared uninterestedly at Tzuyu. It’s not that she wants to appear rude, but she can’t help it. Her tongue feels like jumping and twirling.

 

Tzuyu panicked, didn’t know what to do. “You’re taking too much time. Just sit.” Mina sternly said which made Tzuyu wince. She’s used to Mina being rude to her, but she admits that it still hurts sometimes.

 

Tzuyu chose to sit by the window, with a little hesitation. But when she saw Mina slowly occupying the seat beside her without any violent reactions, she calmed down a bit.

 

She slowly moved her gaze to Mina who is now closing her eyes with her earphones on her ears.

 

 

“Stop staring at me.” Tzuyu quickly averted her gaze away from Mina. “Sorry.” She mumbled and tried to think of what to do for the 4-hour trip to the countryside.

 

 

 

 


 

 

If her seatmate was either Chaeng or Dahyun, it will be so much easier for her because she wouldn’t feel all this nervousness and anxiety on her mind, but it turned out to be Myoui Mina, who obviously hated her existence the very first time she saw her.

 

Tzuyu cleared . “Do y-you w-want some?” She mentally cursed herself for stuttering but still, she nervously offered Mina some chips.

 

Mina just looked at her and said, “I’m resting.” Tzuyu gulped as she apologized. “I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

Mina felt bad rejecting the offer. She’s just too nervous and Tzuyu might see her shaking hands, so she chose not to have some of those tasty chips from the younger.

 

Mina’s heart is still beating so fast, and it’s already been 45 minutes since it started. She’s started to think that it is unhealthy, but the truth is she just felt this way whenever she gets in proximity with Tzuyu.

 

Mina lowkey put her hand on her chest, trying to calm her heart. She insisted on not sparing even a single glance on Tzuyu for the whole trip, but her eyes always betray her. Tzuyu is now humming quietly while watching the sceneries outside the window and Mina took this opportunity to watch her.

 

She witnessed how Tzuyu’s hair smoothly flows on her back, her long and delicate fingers tapping on her leg as she gracefully moves her head while listening to music. Mina can’t help but smile, seeing this adorable side of Tzuyu.

 

 

 

“Why do you have to be this beautiful? You’re making me crazy.”

 

 

A few moments have passed and Tzuyu fell asleep. Mina contemplated whether or not she will make Tzuyu’s head lean on her shoulders, but after seeing the younger girl bump her head a few times on the window, she finally decided to let Tzuyu lean on her.

 

 

 

 

 

The next thing that happened made Mina widen her eyes.

 

 

 

Tzuyu moved her arms and wrapped them around Mina’s torso.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just above her abs.

 

 

Mina turned into a blushing mess as she tried to remove Tzuyu’s arms from her, but the latter just hugged her tighter.

 

She prayed to all the gods that Tzuyu wouldn’t be able to hear her heart beating so fast at the moment. Her hands are starting to sweat due to the nervousness she’s feeling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

About two hours later, Tzuyu finally woke up from her slumber. She’s still had her eyes closed but as she realized that she was cuddling into something soft, she quickly opened her eyes.

 

 

She almost cursed out loud when she found herself hugging Mina. “Oh my freaking gosh, those abs…” Tzuyu wants to kill herself now but she decided to behave.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Mina, I-I didn’t mean to, I didn’t k-know… I’m really sorry.” Tzuyu panicked. She didn’t know what to say and she was scared that Mina might get mad at her for what she did. The last thing she wants to happen is to suffer because Mina won’t help her plant trees for the mess that she did.

 

 

A tightlipped smile formed on Mina’s lips when she saw Tzuyu hit her head while scolding herself.

 

 

Yet, she chose to act as if what happened was not a big deal for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But it was.

 

 

Dang, she thought she won’t be able to breathe properly ever again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are we almost there?” Tzuyu broke the silence between them. They are both awake, but no one is talking and it’s slowly getting awkward.

 

 

“You really don’t know how to shut up, huh?” Mina sternly said that gave shivers down Tzuyu’s spine. That kind of hurt her so she didn’t say anything for the next hours of the journey. Mina mentally smacked herself for sounding so rude. She badly wants to apologize for her rudeness, but she didn’t know how to face Tzuyu again.

 

---

 

They arrived at their destination and were told to walk 3 kilometers up to the mountain. Tzuyu maintained a proper distance away from Mina, and she never looked back at the girl.

 

 

“Let me help you.” An unfamiliar voice caught Tzuyu off-guard. A pair of hands snatched the beanbags from her own hands and carried them for her.

 

“Oh, no, it’s okay. I can—”

 

“I insist.” The guy smiled sweetly at her, revealing his adorable boxy smile. “I’m Kim Taehyung.”

 

Tzuyu shyly muttered a ‘thanks’ and was about to introduce herself when Taehyung interrupted her. “You’re Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu.” He said still smiling. The pretty girl didn’t know what to say next, so she just continued walking along the trail. She has no idea where this guy came from since it’s the first time she saw him, but he has the same varsity jacket as the students from their school, so she assumed that he is from the same university.

 

 

“Do you want to take a rest? Those are too heavy, and I don’t want to be a burden to you.” Tzuyu looked at her fingers and played with them. The guy smiled, feeling butterflies in his stomach while facing his crush for the first time in 4 months. “It’s actually not that heavy, but if you want me to rest, then let’s rest.” He turned his gaze towards the girl and saw Tzuyu slowly nod.

 

The duo stopped by a store with long wooden chairs on its sides. Taehyung put their things on his side and stood up. “Do you want anything? Water, maybe?” He shyly asked the girl.

 

 

As Tzuyu was about to respond, a bottle of water was shoved almost into her face. “She already has it. Just buy for yourself.” Mina coldly said and stood beside Tzuyu as if guarding her against anyone. The guy just shrugged off, smiled at Tzuyu, and bought himself a bottle of water.

 

“Partners are supposed to stay beside each other. It’s not that I want to be with you. I’m doing this because I am assigned to.” She said averting her eyes from Tzuyu.

 

 

 

Lies. Those are all lies.

 

 

But she can’t take it anymore.

 

The way Kim Taehyung looked at Tzuyu, and the way he smoothly helped her without making the girl freak out, she can’t help but get annoyed with the guy.

 

“Tzuyu, let’s g—” Mina quickly grabbed Tzuyu’s bags when Taehyung was about to carry them, and she started walking away.

 

“Thank you, Taehyung. I really appreciate your help. I’m sorry I needed to go. See you around!” Taehyung can only give the girl a sincere soft smile and a wave of goodbye.

 

As soon as the girl was out of sight, he smiled bitterly.

 

 

 

“Lucky Myoui.”

 

 

---

 

“There’s no way I will cross that bridge.” Tzuyu muttered under her breath when she saw her schoolmates crossing a hanging bridge to get to the other side of the mountain.

 

Brat.” Mina mumbled. Tzuyu glared at her, and for the first time, she got scared by those stares.

 

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes on Mina and took a step back. The bridge was not that long. In fact, it’s just about 50 steps and you can successfully cross it.

 

 

But Tzuyu won’t do it.

 

Call her a scaredy-cat but she will never want to cross that freaking hanging bridge.

 

Mina saw Tzuyu shaking on her spot, so she gathered all her courage to go in front of the girl and grabbed her waist.

 

Tzuyu was too shocked to react, so instead of yelling at what Mina did, she closed her eyes and let the other girl hold her across the bridge. She even held on to the hem of Mina’s shirt.

 

The two felt like the world suddenly stopped, as if it’s just the two of them, cherishing the moment and inhaling the fresh air.

 

Tzuyu’s eyes remained closed. She clasped her hands together because she was too scared to let go of herself, while Mina, held her by the waist, hugging the younger girl, her heart somersaulting, with the proximity with the only girl she’s interested with, Chou Tzuyu.

 

 

“Aaaah!” Tzuyu screamed when she felt the bridge move. She unknowingly wrapped her arms around Mina and buried her face on the latter’s chest.

 

Mina felt her shirt getting damped. Tzuyu is crying. “Shh, we’re almost there.” While her left hand is carrying all their things, her right hand pulled Tzuyu closer to her, if that’s even possible. She felt the urge to do something unexpected and she didn’t stop herself from doing it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She kissed Tzuyu’s forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t let you fall.” She whispered as they successfully crossed the bridge.

 

 

 

 

When the two of them realized what just happened, the two quickly pulled away from each other, both are feeling their cheeks heating up. “Thank you, Mina.” Tzuyu said and quickly walked away.

 

Mina followed her after calming herself. “What just happened?” She mumbled and felt her heartbeat.

 

 

 

The tree-planting activity started, and everyone became occupied with their tasks. The duo, Mina and Tzuyu, peacefully did their duties, as much as possible, without talking or looking at each other.

 

 

 

Tzuyu is so confused about what Mina told her back at the bridge. “Ugh, Myoui Mina, what are you doing to me?!” She thought.

 

 

 

The event ended at around 4 in the afternoon and Mina noticed that Tzuyu started avoiding her. She wants to ask the girl if there are any problems, but she stopped herself from doing so.

 

 

Tzuyu walked beside Chaeyoung, even when crossing the bridge again. Mina saw the girl shaking but she never looked back at Mina, not even once.

 

 

Myoui Mina sadly occupied her seat on the bus, waiting for Tzuyu to arrive. She didn’t know how she will face the girl; she doesn’t like it when Tzuyu became distant from her.

 

 

“Yo, Mina! What’s up?” Mina jumped when Dahyun suddenly showed up and sat beside her. Mina glared at her. “What are you doing here?” She asked, annoyed.

 

 

“I just missed you, bestie.” Dahyun pouted and Mina threw her a disgusted look. “Go back to your seat. That one is taken.” Mina said, referring to Tzuyu’s seat beside her.

 

 

“Oh, she didn’t tell you?” Mina raised one of her eyebrows.

 

“Tell what?”

 

“She exchanged seat with me. She’s sitting beside Elkie, there.” Dahyun pointed to her previous spot which is now occupied by a laughing Chou Tzuyu.

 

 

 

Mina felt her heart clenched when she heard Tzuyu’s giggles.

 

 

 

“She’s having so much fun avoiding me, huh.”

 

---

 

“Dang it, it’s raining!” Chaeyoung annoyingly huffed when she saw droplets of rain on their classroom’s window. “I won’t be able to play volleyball with Somi, argh!”

 

 

Seeing Chaeyoung’s frustration, Mina, Dahyun, and Tzuyu, chuckled on their spots.

 

The four are the only ones remaining in their room, and Dahyun and Chaeyoung are now about to go. “We still have some chores to do at the Council’s Office. See you two tomorrow!” The two made their way out leaving Tzuyu and Mina alone.

 

 

The gang noticed how their youngest is lowkey avoiding Mina and that made them sad. All of them wanted to ask the two about what went wrong but they still haven’t had the chance to do so.

 

Mina is playing on her phone while Tzuyu is still working on some papers which Ms. Kang assigned her to do. She doesn’t have any idea why Mina is still there when it’s obvious that the girl didn’t have anything left to do, but she chose not to ask Mina about it.

 

 

Besides, as much as possible, she’s avoiding any contact with her. She’s still confused about how she feels towards Mina and what Mina told her when they were crossing the bridge.

 

 

But she’s honestly missing Mina so much. Her smell, her presence beside her, everything about Mina, and the simple things she does make Tzuyu adore her more.

 

 

Chou Tzuyu hates herself for avoiding the latter. But what else can she do?

 

 

30 minutes have passed, Tzuyu’s chores are all done, but the rain started pouring heavily and the two didn’t have any solutions on how they can get home without getting drenched.

 

 

 

What are the odds? They both didn’t bring an umbrella.

 

 

The two tried to think of any possible ways to do, without talking with each other. They are sometimes sneaking short glances, but no one dares to talk.

 

 

 

It was so obvious that Mina waited till Tzuyu gets to finish her work, but no one ever mentioned a thing about it.

 

 

 

 

When Mina felt like the rain won’t stop at any moment now, she ran through the rain.

 

 

“Y-Yah! What do you think you’re doing, Mina! Are you stupid?!” Tzuyu shouted worriedly. She doesn’t want Mina to get sick.

 

While Mina started playing in the rain. She saw Tzuyu approaching her to pull her into a shelter, but instead of letting Tzuyu do it, she quickly ran away, trying to play with her. Tzuyu feels so annoyed. She’s now damped with the rain, and she didn’t like it.

 

 

So, Tzuyu put her hand on her waist. “MINA SHARON MYOUI!” She screamed, which made Mina stop.

 

 

 

Tzuyu is acting like her mom and Mina admits that she looks so hot doing that.

 

 

Mina slowly went to Tzuyu’s place while bowing her head. She only felt the coldness surrounding her when she stopped playing with the rain.

 

 

Seeing Mina shivering, Tzuyu didn’t have any choice but to invite Mina over to her house. She noticed that the girl is now obeying her while weakly walking by her side. Luckily, Tzuyu’s place is just a few meters away from the school.

 

 

 

And to their surprise, the rain stopped.

 

 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Tzuyu mentally groaned.

 

 

 

They reached Tzuyu’s apartment and Tzuyu gave the girl towel and some bigger shirts to wear. “The bathroom’s there, you should take a shower before you get sick.”

 

 

Mina obeyed her like a baby who got scolded by her mom. She suddenly felt sick and smacked herself when she remembered that she easily gets sick when she got drenched in the rain.

 

 

Mina took a shower and went out only with her sports bra and snickers. The towel that Tzuyu gave her was wrapped in her hair. She learned that Tzuyu lives alone and she’s fond of soft and comfortable things.

 

 

 

And she has two dogs, Butter, and Kaya who both seemed to like Mina as they are waggling their tails towards her when Mina first arrived at the house.

 

 

“Cute.” Mina smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu froze on her spot when she went out of her room, seeing the infamous Myoui Mina…

 

 

 

 

 

Half-.

 

 

 

As if on cue, Mina turned her face towards the girl and was shocked to see her staring at Mina’s body. Tzuyu’s face turned red as she covered her eyes with both of her palms and ran upstairs, almost tripping.

 

 

Mina, even though still embarrassed that Tzuyu saw her body, smiled smugly. “Tzuyu, what’s wrong?” She shouted to tease the younger girl.

 

 

“Put the clothes on, Myoui Mina!” Tzuyu shouted back. The scene was basically Tzuyu and Mina conversing loudly, adorable.

 

 

“I’m comfortable this way!” Mina snickered, feeling contented that Tzuyu is finally talking to her again.

 

 

“But that’s inappropriate. This is my house, and you can’t just loiter around, half-!” Mina can imagine Tzuyu’s nose smoking with madness. She chuckled with her imagination and made up a naughty plan.

 

 

 

“Fine, I am dressed. Now, come here.” Mina saw Tzuyu slowly walk down the stairs while covering her eyes.

 

 

 

 

“Freak it, she’s so adorable.” She mumbled.

 

 

 

“Tzuyu, uncover your eyes now. You might trip yourself.” She said without a hint of mischievousness in her voice.

 

 

The said girl slowly removed her palm from covering her eyes, but when she opened them, she saw Mina still undressed. “What the heck, Mina! I hate you!” She shrieked and was about to go back upstairs when Mina pulled her arm to make her closer.

 

 

“What’s wrong with this?” She asked, smirking. “Don’t tell me you’re attracted to my b—”

 

 

 

“SHUT UP!” Tzuyu tried her very best to cover her eyes as well as her blushing face. Mina felt the same embarrassment, but she admits that it felt good. She now has the pretty girl in her arms, and she can freely smell the scent that makes her feel at home.

 

 

“M-Mina, I h-have to c-check the meal t-that I am c-cooking. P-Please let m-me go.” Tzuyu stuttered in Mina’s embrace. She’s worried that Mina might hear her heart jumping outside her own ribcage.

 

 

“Nah, let’s stay like this. This feels warm.” Mina bravely said, even though she’s not breathing properly due to sudden nervousness. She kept Tzuyu closer to her and put the latter’s head on her chest.

 

 

Tzuyu was shaking when she felt her skin touch Mina’s bare ones. She also felt Mina’s abs on her stomach, “Why is it so hard?’ She mumbles loudly, unknowingly. Mina chuckled, hearing Tzuyu murmurs. “You mean, my abs?” She said, more on to tease the younger.

 

 

Tzuyu’s eyes widened, and she quickly covered . She didn’t expect herself to say it out loud.

 

 

 

Oof, that was so embarrassing.

 

 

Mina hugged Tzuyu tighter and sniffed the girl’s hair. “What’s your shampoo? It smells so good.” Her voice sounded husky and it sent shivers down Tzuyu’s spine. “It’s t-the o-one you u-used.” The girl felt her voice cracking. She can’t hear anything but her heartbeat. “Really? But it smells best on you.”

 

 

 

No one dared to speak after that. Tzuyu stopped freeing herself from Mina’s embrace while Mina just hold her tighter burying Tzuyu’s face on her chest, finally letting the girl hear her heartbeat.

 

 

 

“W-Wait, Mina… You’re hot!” Tzuyu shrieked.

 

 

“I know I am.” Tzuyu slapped her arm gently.

 

 

 

 

“Stupid! You’re literally hot! Why didn’t you tell me that you don’t feel well?” Tzuyu quickly pulled away from the hug and shoved the clothes on Mina’s face. “Wear that, Myoui Mina. No more objections.” She sternly said. For a while, Mina felt scared of this side of Tzuyu.

 

 

 

“She’s acting like a strict girlfriend.” She thought.

 

“But I prefer hugging y—” She didn’t get the chance to finish her sentence when Tzuyu pulled her upstairs and brought her to the latter’s room. “Lie down,” Tzuyu said, seriously.

 

 

Mina widened her eyes. Shocked.

 

 

 

“T-Tzuyu, I’m n-not r-ready y-yet. We’re t-too y-young f-for this.” Mina nervously said while stepping back. Tzuyu is just looking at her with an unreadable expression on her face.

 

 

Tzuyu started walking towards Mina while the latter is stepping backward. “T-Tzuyu, n-not now. I m-might g-get you sick w-with this.” Mina is like a scaredy-cat and Tzuyu wants to laugh out loud now. But worriedness is overwhelming her. She’s so worried about Mina’s well-being.

 

 

“Stop imagining things.” She threw a blanket on Mina’s face that made the latter breathe properly.

 

 

 

But she can’t help but feel embarrassed for the things she expected to happen.

 

Tzuyu went out of her room, leaving Mina alone. The girl looked around. Tzuyu’s room is very neat and clean. Everything was well-organized. She saw some of Tzuyu’s pictures on the wall and some of her plushies beside her bed.

 

 

Mina finally felt weakness when she lay down on Tzuyu’s bed. She now felt sick. But she didn’t want anyone from their house to know that she was sick, she wants to stay at Tzuyu’s house more. She texted her mom that she will have to stay by her friend’s house for activity and smiled proudly to herself.

 

 

 

A few minutes later, Tzuyu entered the room seeing Mina already sleeping. She put the food tray on the bedside table and pulled a chair to sit beside the bed, facing Mina.

 

 

“Stop acting tough when you get sick this easy.” She mumbled and stared at the sleeping girl’s face. She focused on Mina’s constellation of moles first, then on her long eyelashes, her nose, and on her lips.

 

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu unconsciously bit her lower lip.

 

She stared lovingly at the girl until Mina scrunched her nose indicating she was now awake. Tzuyu panicked, but eventually said, “H-Hey, your food is ready. Eat this so you can take some meds.”

 

 

Mina tried eating by herself, but her hands started shaking, so Tzuyu voluntarily grabbed the spoon from Mina’s grip and feed her instead. “Ah.” Mina blushed when Tzuyu started feeding her. It’s a good thing that her face is already red due to her body temperature, so being a blushing mess wasn’t that obvious.

 

 

“I already told the unnies about your situation and they told me to let you stay here. I don’t know what Jeongyeon-unnie meant when she said “Enjoy!” but yeah, you may stay here. They already told your mom and she even said that you are allowed to sleep over my place.” Tzuyu stated that made Mina stare at her, amused.

 

 

 

“That’s the longest thing I’ve heard you say.” The two chuckled. Their awkwardness was put aside. This is the first time Tzuyu didn’t feel scared and intimidated by Mina. She is now seeing who Myoui Mina really is.

 

 

 

After an hour or two, Mina is slowly feeling better. She didn’t know if it is because of the medicine she took, or because of Tzuyu, taking care of her. Nevertheless, she felt so happy she got sick today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stupid Mina.

 

 

 

“You may sleep on my bed. I’ll sleep on the couch.” Tzuyu said while preparing her pillow and blankets.

 

But Mina stood up and suddenly pulled her. “No, you will sleep in the bed.” She huskily whispered.

 

 

“But—”

 

“With me,” Mina said which made Tzuyu blush. She tried freeing herself from Mina’s strong arms, but she eventually gave up.

 

 

 

She liked it anyway.

 

After a few minutes of arguing whether or not they will put a pillow between them, Tzuyu won. She smiled victoriously while putting 3 pillows between them.

 

 

 

“Good night, Mina!” Tzuyu said, giggling.

 

Mina groaned and grumpily sulked on her spot. “Shut up.” She now officially hates pillows. Period.

 

 

 

But both of them slept with hearts full of warmth and happiness. Oh, they’ve never been this happy and contented before.

 

 

---

 

Mina was the one to wake up first. A smile immediately formed on her lips when she noticed that Tzuyu is cuddling with her. The latter’s face is on her neck while Mina’s arms are on Tzuyu’s waist, hugging her.

 

The younger is snoring softly while is slightly opened. Mina smiled fondly seeing an angel sleeping beside her.

 

Tzuyu is the most beautiful amongst all the girls Mina has ever seen in her whole life. That’s a fact.

 

Mina put a strand of Tzuyu’s hair behind her ear when she noticed that it is covering Tzuyu’s face. She can’t help her smile.

 

 

Dang, that girl has fallen too deep.

 

Before Tzuyu even woke up, Mina took the chance to take some pictures of the girl while sleeping. After successfully doing so, she went back to cuddling with the girl, careful not to wake her up. She didn’t have to wake the younger up since it’s Saturday and they don’t have any classes today.

 

Mina fell asleep again.

 

When Mina woke up, Tzuyu is not on her side anymore. She pouted.

 

 

She smells a delicious breakfast getting served and as if on cue, Tzuyu entered the room. “Oh, you’re awake. I cooked breakfast. Let’s eat?” She shyly said trying not to look at Mina’s eyes.

 

“She’s probably embarrassed for cuddling me,” Mina smirked at her thoughts.

 

 

The two made their way to the kitchen and Mina’s eyes formed hearts when she saw the foods prepared by Tzuyu. “They all looked good,” Mina mumbled.

 

 

“Oh please, don’t expect too much.” The two sat across each other and Tzuyu waited for Mina to start eating first. She’s having so many anxieties on her mind about how Mina will react to her dishes.

 

 

“Woah, I didn’t know you can cook. I love this fried rice.” Mina said which earned a wide smile from Tzuyu. She felt so glad watching Mina enjoy the breakfast she prepared.

 

 

“You’re such a wife material,” Mina mumbled, but Tzuyu didn’t hear it well. “Pardon?”

 

 

 

 

“Nothing. I said, thanks for letting me stay here. My brother is picking me up later.” Both of them didn’t know why they suddenly feel sad about the announcement, but they shrugged it off.

 

 

 

Moments later, Mina left and Tzuyu feels lonely again.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Two days after the sweet moments that the two shared, everything surprisingly went back to the old ways. Mina became grumpy and annoyed towards Tzuyu again and the latter doesn’t have any idea why the older is acting like a jerk again.

 

The two are assigned to do a project together by their Chemistry professor but they didn’t even spare a glance at each other.

 

 

 

Tzuyu can only sigh at the way Mina is confusing her big time. The last time they were together, she thought that Mina felt something for her, but it turned out to be a complete nothing today.

 

On the other hand, Mina is torturing herself inside her because she also doesn’t know why she’s being a coward and acting this way.

 

 

---

 

Mina is running through the school hallways while munching a piece of bread. She’s already late for the first class since she woke up late because she grinds her level on a video game.

 

As she was about to knock on the door, it suddenly opened and revealed her PE Teacher’s grumpy face. “Ms. Myoui, you’re late. Again.” She said and strictly looked at Mina. “I apologized for my tardiness, Miss. I overslept.” The professor told her to sit on her chair and she noticed that Tzuyu wasn’t around.

 

“She was called by the Student Council President,” Chaeyoung spoke out of nowhere. Her eyes were still on the board while taking notes. “I’m not looking for Tzuyu.”

 

“I didn’t even say it’s her.” Mina rolled her eyes and get her pen and her notebook from her bag. She started taking notes, but her mind is drifted somewhere…

 

Or to someone, I should say.

 

The classes were dismissed earlier than expected. Mina, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung went to the cafeteria to meet their friends.

 

“Where’s Tzuyu?” Nayeon asked. Tzuyu became her favorite girl as soon as they got close to her. The girl became her baby, and she always tells her how she looked so gorgeous from any angle, and Nayeon kind of envies her for that. But she will smile every time Tzuyu will tell her that she thinks her Nayeon-unnie is the most charming girl she has ever met.

 

And Mina will sulk because she didn’t know why she doesn’t like Tzuyu complimenting others.

 

“She’s at the Student Council Office, Seolhyun asked for her.” Mina narrowed her eyes when she heard Seolhyun’s name being brought up. The girl has been hitting on Tzuyu since no one knows when, but Tzuyu is too innocent and oblivious about it.

 

“Oh, maybe it’s about the pa— Mina, where are you going?” Sana asked Mina when the latter quickly stood up from her seat.

 

“Washroom.”

 

She left her friends and immediately ran towards the Student Council’s Office. She has no idea why her feet are bringing her there but, screw that question. She wants to know how Tzuyu’s doing.

 

10 feet before the entrance of the office, she already saw the very familiar brunette, back facing her. The latter seems to be giggling at whatever Seolhyun, the Student Council Vice President, is telling her.

 

Mina felt a pang of an unfamiliar feeling on her chest.

 

 

 

 

 

Jealousy.

 

She told herself to walk away but her feet are betraying her as if telling her that even though Tzuyu’s laughs weren’t because of her, she still wants to hear because it feels like music to her ears.

 

 

 

 

That night, Mina pondered about everything that happened for the past days, she even surfed the internet, watched YouTube videos on how to tell if someone is in love as well as stuff about admiring someone, and finally concluded with the realization that made her tell herself…

 

 

 

 

“Dang it. I do like her.”

 

---

 

But Mina isn’t like any other people who do weird and cute things when they like someone. For sure, she’s aware of her feelings for Tzuyu but she chose to hide it from anyone. She continued ignoring the girl and treating her a little harsher than before. Sometimes, if she will see the girl pout or smile sadly, she will suddenly want to apologize or at least comfort her, but she never did.

 

 

Mina didn’t know what to do anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

“That was rude, Mina. Tzuyu was literally just asking you about your project together, yet you chose to tell her that you don’t care about it. Look, you made her leave. She hasn’t eaten her lunch yet.” Sana scolded Mina when Tzuyu excused herself after Mina acted rude at her again.

 

 

Chaeyoung and Dahyun followed Tzuyu while the rest were left with Mina.

 

“What made you change, Mina? You weren’t like this before. I mean, you are kind of like this but not to this extent. Could you tell us what your problem is?” Nayeon asked. She felt sad for Tzuyu, so she’s very eager to know why their friend is acting like a jerk. “I really thought you like her.”

 

 

 

“I do.” Mina mumbled.

 

 

“I thought that too. I saw Mina’s eyes shine when she looks at— Wait, what?!”

 

 

The group was too shocked to even close their opened mouths. “Could you please repeat that, Myoui Mina?” Jihyo asked, amused.

 

 

 

“I like her. I like Tzuyu.” Mina said and played with her fingers. “But I didn’t know what to do so I decided to stay away and just be… rude to her.”

 

 

Momo grabbed Mina’s shoulders and hugged her from the side. Mina might be a rude, hopeless romantic, but they love her a lot. She slapped Mina’s abs softly, the thing she was accustomed to doing in any situation.

 

 

 

 

“Do you want to tell her how you feel?” Jeongyeon asked. The others are just looking at her sadly, also have no idea of what to do at this point.

 

 

“Tzuyu must have been upset.” Mina sighed. “I don’t even know if she likes girls.”

 

 

 

“It’s for you to find out.” Jeongyeon playfully winked at her which made Mina wince.

 

 

 

Mina quickly stood up to look for the girl that she loves, Chou Tzuyu.

 

 

And like the stars in the night sky, she found her shining in one of the school hallways…

 

 

 

With Seolhyun, again.

 

Mina wasn’t fond of eavesdropping but because it was Tzuyu, then she will be more than interested and willing to do it.

 

 

“Tzuyu, I like you.” The girl held her Tzuyu’s hand. She saw the younger being tensed in her place, shock can be seen on her face.

 

“Seolhyun-unnie, I, I’m… I’m not into girls. I’m sorry.” She averted her gaze from the other girl and ran away.

 

 

Mina didn’t know what to feel. She should be happy that Tzuyu rejected Seolhyun, but a part of her was crushed into pieces when she heard the younger say that she’s not into girls.

 

 

Mina went back to their table in the cafeteria. She saw the other already there, except Tzuyu. They all looked at Mina, expecting her to say something.

 

“I heard Seolhyun confessing to her, and Tzuyu rejected her.” She said which earned silent celebration from the gang. But when they noticed that Mina is not smiling, they all stopped and Jihyo asked, “Then why do you seem sad?”

 

 

 

“She said that she’s not into girls.”

 

 

The group then sighed defeatedly.

 

 

---

 

5 months later…

 

 

“I think Mina has a secret girlfriend.” Nayeon announced which made Mina choke on her drinks.

 

“What the hell?!” Mina glared at her then turned her gaze to Tzuyu who is now eating quietly as if she doesn’t care about Mina and her issues.

 

It has been months since Tzuyu treated Mina casually. She’s now always avoiding Mina. She won’t look at her eyes and she won’t answer when Mina will ask her questions, trying to make the old Tzuyu back.

 

 

But no matter how much she tried, Tzuyu really never looked at her the way she did before.

 

“Mina has a girl on her lock screen. It’s blurry, but it seems like the girl is sleeping. I think I know who that is.” Momo teased and did her infamous ‘abs slap’ on Mina. The girl quickly hides her phone when Jihyo tried snatching it from her.

 

 

While Tzuyu remained silent. She already lost her appetite, and she just started playing with her food while trying her best to act as if she’s deaf.

 

 

 

She is trying her best to act as if it doesn’t hurt her like it doesn’t affect her.

 

 

 

But it does.

 

“Mina, introduce your girlfriend to us. We’ll love to meet that lovely girl who stole your heart.” Sana poked Mina’s arm, and Mina gave her a glare.

 

 

The group continued teasing Mina and throwing her meaningful glances, when Tzuyu suddenly stood up, earning the attention of everyone on their table.

 

“I forgot that I still have to finish my Physics Assessment. I’ll just go to the library.” She spoke. She didn’t wait for the other’s response and quickly walked away.

 

 

Tzuyu felt her heart clenching. She hates this kind of feeling but she knows that she’s meant to feel this way.

 

 

It’s her fault for not confessing her feelings for Mina.

 

 

It’s her fault that she avoided the girl, and now, the latter had someone to love.

 

 

 

She smiled bitterly.

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, back in the cafeteria.

 

“I didn’t know that we have an assessment in Physics?” Chaeyoung mumbled, confused.

 

“It’s because we really don’t have one.” Dahyun answered which made the whole gang look at one another with a knowing look.

 

“The girl in your lock screen…” Jeongyeon just wanted to confirm it before doing what she is planning to do.

 

 

“Is her. Tzuyu.” Mina sadly averted her gaze from her friends.

 

 

Jeongyeon quickly stood up and punched Mina’s shoulder. “Coward. Go get your girl, Myoui!”

 

 

Momo grabbed Mina’s shoulders and made the latter face her. “You two already slept beside each other huh? You’re so fast, Myoui!” She, for the thousandth time, slapped Mina’s abs.

 

 

Mina didn’t react to it since she’s very accustomed to Momo doing that.

 

“Mina, trust us with this. Tzuyu feels the same way you feel about her. Just try not to be rude and show her how much you love her and how much you want to be with her.” Nayeon went beside Mina and gave her a hug.

 

 

“That kid changed you. You became the best version of yourself, not because Tzuyu intended to do it, but because you unconsciously did it for yourself. You saw how Tzuyu cared about the smallest things that you used not to take care of, so you started caring about those things as well.” Jihyo added.

 

 

“Mina, you’re a complete emotionless jerk before. But after I witnessed you lost yourself when your eyes first landed on Tzuyu, I knew that that very moment, she awoke the warmth you hid on you.” Chaeyoung said and patted Mina’s back.

 

 

“I saw the way you look at her, and the way she looks at you,” Sana said as a matter of fact while checking her newly painted nails.

 

 

“Chase her. She’s worth the chase.” Dahyun and Momo said at the same time earning teasing glances from the group.

 

 

 

But Mina won’t deal with their childishness for now. She’s still had a beautiful angel to catch.

 

 

She ran towards the cafeteria exit and looked around for Tzuyu.

 

 

 

And after running for almost 4 minutes, she found the latter sitting on the field, spacing out.

 

She smiled while catching her breath. She slowly made her way towards Tzuyu and sat beside her.

“Hey.” She beamed.

 

But Tzuyu just shot her a quick unreadable look before turning her head back on the field.

 

 

“Why are you avoiding me?”

 

 

Still, Tzuyu didn’t answer her. This time, she didn’t even spare a glance at Mina. She started packing her stuff and was about to walk away when Mina grabbed her arm. She was trying to pull her arms from Mina’s grip, but the latter was too strong. She knows that she can’t win in this kind of argument.

 

 

“Let me go, Mina.”

 

 

“For you to walk away from me again. No, Tzuyu. Never again.” Mina said and tried to make Tzuyu look at her eyes. This is the only way Tzuyu will believe what she was about to say.

 

 

 

Eyes can’t lie.

 

 

Tzuyu still tried her best to let go of Mina’s hand, but the latter pulled her, which made her face Mina’s chest. “Listen to me first.”

 

Tzuyu felt so relaxed in Mina’s embrace. She hates to admit it, but she still feels the same way towards Mina, even after 5 months of avoiding the girl, she still likes her. A lot.

 

 

She stopped pushing Mina and let the girl hug her, but she didn’t hug her back.

 

 

“Tzuyu, I didn’t know how you did this, but you made me feel special. You are the most beautiful thing that I have ever had in my whole life. But I wasn’t good with words. I hurt you. I became rude towards you, I even lied because I feel so nervous approaching you. That’s why I lost you. 5 months of you, avoiding me feels like forever.” Mina kissed Tzuyu’s temple while trying her best to keep all her tears inside her.

 

 

Myoui Mina is not the type of person to cry over these things but dang it.

 

 

“I don’t know how it happened, but my heart started beating so fast every time I see you. There were a few times that I thought of asking for an appointment with a doctor to check if what was happening to me is normal. Tzuyu, you never looked ugly in my eyes. I don’t know why, but even when you try to make yourself look dumb, you’re still the most beautiful girl in my eyes.”

 

 

Tzuyu let Mina speak her heart out because she also didn’t know what to say. The feeling is so overwhelming and Mina’s words are making her happy.

 

 

“I get jealous when you’re smiling and laughing, spending time with someone else. I feel so hopeless because I know how much of a jerk, I treated you. I know you won’t like me. I also learned that you’re not into girls, but Tzuyu, can’t you give it a try? Can’t you give me a try?” Tzuyu started sobbing. Mina’s ears are getting red with all the emotions she has inside.

 

 

“I always want to see you, hug you, and kiss you. I want to be with you. My dream is to be the reason behind your smiles, your stupid dimpled smiles that made me fall over and over again.” Mina pulled away from the hug and held Tzuyu’s chin to make the girl look at her.

 

 

 

“Yes, Tzuyu Sally Chou. I like you, and I love you. I love you so much. My heart hurts twice when I am being a jerk to you, but what can I do? I want you to notice me, to always think about me, to always remember me. I thought my ways will make you think of me. I’m sorry for hurting you, baby.”

 

 

Tzuyu closed her eyes when she felt Mina’s lips touch the tip of her nose.

 

 

 

“I love you, Chou Tzuyu. Always and forever.”

 

Mina waited for Tzuyu’s reply while she’s still had the girl in her arms. But Tzuyu is not saying anything. That made Mina nervous.

 

 

Tzuyu’s stares are confusing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s so hard to read.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*chup*

 

Mina was so shocked by what just happened which made her loosen her hands wrapping on Tzuyu’s body, making Tzuyu let go.

 

 

 

“D-Did y-you just s-stole a k-kiss from m-me?!” Mina has her hands on her lips. She still can’t believe Tzuyu’s sudden actions.

 

 

“Y-Yah!” Mina chase after Tzuyu and pulled her again, supposedly, to hug her, but Tzuyu pushed her away. “You j-just stole a k-kiss from m-me, h-how dare y-you!” Mina stuttered. Her cheeks are as red as tomatoes, but she didn’t care about it.

 

 

 

All can she think about is Tzuyu’s soft lips on her own.

 

 

 

Dang it.

 

It was just a smack, but Tzuyu managed to make her knees weaken.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re a thief for stealing my first kiss!” Mina shrieked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Then take it back.” Tzuyu mumbled while smiling widely. She started walking away from Mina and the latter felt her heart beating frantically.

 

 

 

 

 

"Freak it. I would love to." Mina mumbled.

 

 

 

 

 

Then she started shouting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you, Chou Tzuyu!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you so much!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you with all my heart!”

 

 

 

Tzuyu came to a halt in front of her, and she carefully turned her body towards Mina.

 

 

 

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?" Mina asked, crossing her fingers, and praying that the latter will agree to be with her.

 

 

 

 

Mina's heart, however, was crushed when Tzuyu turned away from her and began walking away.

 

 

 

 

17 feet away from each other, on February 17, Tzuyu looked at her wristwatch. 16:58.

 

 

 

2 more minutes.

She didn’t say anything.

 

 

 

 

Mina began to feel dejected and heartbroken. She looked for Tzuyu’s eyes until she saw them shining with tears.

 

 

 

 

16:59

 

 

 

3…

 

 

 

 

2…

 

 

 

 

1…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

17:00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you too, Myoui Mina. And yes, I will be yours. Forever.”