fin

Lego

MOMO POV

People who are close to me, had told me billions of times to not trust people easily, to not let my guard down so easily and sharpen my sense so I won’t be too easy to be tricked. Of course, I listened to them. But this time, I somehow failed and ended up getting betrayed by my own friend… the friend I trust the most… the friend I rely the most...

Currently I’m waiting for the phone to get connected to that person. I’m going to lash at them for giving me this trouble.

 

“Hi hi! This is Yoo Jeongyeon speaking~ ssup Momo~”

“Jeongyeon-ah…..”

“Yes?”

“I trust you so much… I depended on you…. Jeongyeon-ahh…”

“mmm… yes?”

“BUT WHY ARE YOU SENDING ME THIS HUGE LEGO SET EVEN THOUGH YOU ALREADY KNOW I’M AT THIS!!!!”

And Jeongyeon laughed out loud after I said that

“DON’T LAUGH!!!”

 

You didn’t see it wrong. Yes, I was complaining about Lego.

You see, in between our members, Jeongyeon is the die-hard Lego Otaku. She’s been looking and stacking Lego even before debut so of course, if someone with zero knowledge about lego like me wanted to build one, it’ll be logical for me to go and asked her recommendation, right?

WRONG

Few days ago, I called her and asked if there is any Lego that I could build. You know, the uncomplicated one, less bricks, and cute? But she gave me the opposite of it.

 

“Why are you mad? I gave you the Disney one. It’s cute, right?”

“Yes. BUT IT HAS 4000-ISH BRICKS, JEONGYEON!” again Jeongyeon laughed

“Well, you said you wanted some time-consuming set. So, I gave you that Disney Castle set. I’ve done it last year and the result is cute and cool.”

“and big.”

“Never say it isn’t~”

I let out a sigh after that and said, “Now how am I supposed to finish this… not to mention I have boo and dobby here…”

“Where’s Nayeon eonni and Sana?”

“Went out for a date.”

“aaah… of course they are… then, why not asked Mina?”

“Jeongyeon. I asked you to recommend me some Lego because I want to revenge what she did to me. What’s the point then if I ask her help??”

“You’re seriously going to do that??” asked Jeongyeon.

“Yes! I want her to feel how irritating it is to be ignored.”

“God… you are so childish.”

“So what about that, huh?”

“Okay okay, I heard your complain loud and clear… But don’t run to me if she ended up mad over your childish antics.”

“Whatever. I need your help with this lego!”

“Try it by yourself first! You just have to follow the instruction and you’ll be alright.”

“I can’t even bare to read the whole instruction book. IT’S TOO THICK!!”

“Well what do you expect from a 4000-ish bricks set.”

“YOO JEONGYEON!”

She then laughed at my responded and said, “It’ll take sometimes but as long as you’re on the right path, it’ll finish without you even realize.”

 

“Then come here to our dorm. Help me build it.”

“As much I want to help you, I don’t want to.”

“Yah… This is all your fault! You have to—”

“Now now… The Lego won’t build by itself, right? I’m hanging up okay. I’m going to give Peanut a walk so, talk to you later.”

“Yah Jeongye—”

And she ended the call…

 

Okay yes. I admit my reason to buy Lego was childish.

You see, I wanted to revenge what Mina did to me. She ignored me for the entire day—not replying my message nor answering my call, and when I went to her dorm, she refused to see me as she locked herself at her bedroom… assembling a Lego set. And this happened not just once.

I know it’s childish… But come on. We are dating now… not just a mere groupmate… She is my girlfriend and I’m hers. We should’ve spent the break day together.

 I don’t mind watching her playing or doing everything she likes… Like watching her playing games, building Lego, playing puzzles, and I also don’t mind if she asked me to watch all movies that the Dwayne Johnson man played at. Even though sometimes he reminds me of my father—BUT ANYWAY! I just want to spend time with her...

 

But apparently, we weren’t in the same terms.

Mina is the type of person that likes to concentrate on one thing fully. And… I don’t know, sometimes that traits of her, made her shut me out whenever she’s about to do something that requires high concentration things like puzzles and Lego. It’s like she’s on her own world and forget that everyone exists.

I know it makes her calm—she said it before, but still…. Completely shutting off everyone because of it… kinda unhealthy…

So this time, I want her to feel what I’ve felt before.

Since I know nothing about Lego, I asked Jeongyeon. I clearly told her that she should recommend me something that I can finished, and it needs to be cute so I won’t regret spending my money, energy and time for it. Then Jeongyeon said that Lego has few Disney Themed Set and of course I’m excited for it. So when she said that I should trust her, I did.

But boy look what it cost me now.

She is lucky that she’s in her sister’s house now. Otherwise, I would ask Boo and Dobby to bite her.

 

Okay. Whatever. Since I already got this. Let’s just try.

But first, since I don’t want to trouble Tzuyu with babysit boo and dobby, I would just put them in their cage and assembling my lego in front of them—so they won’t feel like I’m abandoning them. And let’s see how Mina would react upon this.

 

>><<

“Gaah! I give up!”

 

I don’t know how long but probably around 4 or 5 hours I’ve been assembling this set, yet I only finished some part of the first floor.. Half of the pillars already there, but it just the foundation and inner side of the castle. I still need to build the wall, towers, roof and so on.

God this is so exhausting… The parts were too many and even though I got the instruction—which is came with a really really thick manual book, it’s still too complicated.

I bet other people could do it faster than me…

I always keep wanting to rest every 5 minutes, getting distracted by nearly everything—too much jamming on the song, or trying to entertain boo and dobby, and I also continuously kept checking my phone. Not to mention I posted my current progress on bubble and got caught up with it for few minutes…

God, this really isn’t my thing.. I can’t concentrate!

 

Come to think about it… Assembling Lego suits Mina so well. I don’t know whether it’s because of her homebody self or it just her personality. But she is really good at something as time consuming like this.

Years ago, she finished a 1000 pieces puzzle from our merch in 10 hours and yet that puzzle has many same colour pieces which is nuts to finished it that fast. Then all those legos she made in her room she had from tiny one, medium size, to large size… I’m just doing it for few hours but I feel so exhausted… My back hurt, my shoulders hurt, my arms getting tired, my eyes starting to feel heavy…

 

But as hard as I want to give up, I still want to finish this…

Just by seeing the picture on the box, I knew it’ll be a great piece. I mean I always love Disney Castle that I often saw in Disney world Japan.. and having the miniature size of it in my room kinda cool…

Yet on the other hand… I definitely couldn’t finish this by myself. But I don’t know to whom I should ask for help. Neither Nayeon eonni nor Sana is here so no one could help me. The only one who’s in their respective dorm is just Tzuyu and Mina while the rest—Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, were in their parents’ house.

In terms of Tzuyu.. Well, she also not the type that enjoy this kind of thing. Hunching her back for hours really would never happen in her to-do list. Besides, she has Kaya and Butter.. it’ll be a chaos if Butter met Boo and Dobby here… Which that leave our only option to Mina…

Well, she’s been trying to contact me and I’ve been ignoring it although I could see it. But what’s the point to ask her help now, when she is the reason why I started all of this.

 

I took my phone and wanted to text Jeongyeon, hoping that I could convince her to come to my dorm and help me. But out of nowhere, she gave me two messages

 

Hey I know you’re still struggling with the Lego right now so my advice, just invite Mina over. She’ll finish the job quicker than you and about your problem with her, you should deal with it directly instead of being all M.I.A like this.

and oh. Sorry not sorry bro~

 

After reading the second message, I wanted to call her—asking what she meant by that, but apparently, someone called me first. But it’s not Jeongyeon.

 

Moshi mo—”

“Where are you?” That’s Sana. And her voice… didn’t seems in her usual bright one.

“Uh… home?”

“Were you sleeping or something?”

“Uh.. no? Okay what’s with this sudden interrogation? Weren’t you in the middle of a date?”

“Yes we are.” That’s Nayeon eonni’s voice, “But we had to pause the date for a moment to call you because Mina just called us.” And she sounded a bit annoyed..

“Eh? Why?”

“You still dare to ask? Of course because you’ve been ignoring all her calls and text! She is worried, Momo.”

 

Oh damn… I totally forget about that side of Mina…

 

“Oh…” I said, in acted of surprised.

“Yeah right. Oh. What are you doing anyway?”

“Well… uh.. building Lego?”

 

There was a pause though I still could hear a sigh. Probably from Nayeon eonni. Or maybe both of them.

 

“You’re doing the whole revenge thing, aren’t you?”

“K-kinda?”

“God, Momoring.. stop it. Didn’t we tell you it was a bad idea? Doing this won’t do good to any of you… Just talk to her, tell her about it. Don’t do this kind of thing..” Said Sana.

“Bu—”

“You know Mina tends to think too much…”

And this time, I’m the one who let out a sigh… “Okay I’ll talk to her…”

“Listen, I know you meant good. But relationship needs communication, Momo. And you know how reasonable Mina is. Just talk to her and she’ll understand.” Said Nayeon eonni.

“I’m sorry….”

“We’re not the one who needs your apology.” Said Sana, still sounded a bit annoyed.

“Still, I bothered your date.”

 “We’re more annoyed because of what you did to her rather than being interrupted.”

“Sorry…”

“Okay okay… Just give Mina a respond, okay?”

“Eun. I will…”

 

And the call cut off.

 

Despite I want to make Mina felt what I felt, making Mina worried wasn’t what I expected. I expected her to go all needy, whiney and probably sulking. At least that’s what I felt anyway when she ignored me...

When she ignored me, I kept complaining and ranting about it not just to Jeongyeon but also to both of my roommate—Nayeon eonni and Sana. So I assumed she would do the same. But I forgot how worry wrath Mina could be. And yeah… now I feel guilty for doing this whole thing and make Mina worried over nothing.

As soon as the call was ended, I wanted to call Mina and yes maybe they are right. It’s better to talk about this issue directly instead of giving silent treatment or whatever im doing right now. But when I was about to dial Mina’s number…. I got scared. I suddenly remembered what Jeongyeon told me “don’t run to me if she ended up mad over your childish antics.”

 

God… what if Mina ended up mad at me after I told her why I ignored her? Like ‘I was so worried about you, yet you’re ignoring me for revenge?’ or she ended up disappointed at me for being so childish.. oh no. what should I do???

 

*BUZZ BUZZ*

 

OH GOD IT’S MINA!

 

HAI! M-MITANG! MOSHI MOSHI!” Wow way to go Momo. You sounded so calm and collected like you have no fear at all. Great.

“Are you… okay?” Asked Mina. No she didn’t sound worried. She sounded confused. Of course, it because of my loud and panic greetings.

“Yup! Yup! Never been better… hahaha…” god I sound so nervous…

“Okay… Are you busy? I’ve been trying to call and text you since earlier and didn’t get any answer.”

“Oh! About that.. yeah.. I’m sorry. I was kinda busy..”

“Oh…. I see.”

 

NO!! SHE SOUNDS SO DISSAPOINTED!!! Gotta fix this situation now!

 

“H-hey Mitang… Uh…. are you.. busy?”

“Not at all… what’s wrong?”

“I uh… kinda need your help for something.. could you come to my dorm?”

“Sure. I’ll be there in a minute. Is there anything I should bring from my room?”

“No.. Just you.”

“Okay then… I’ll be there.”

 

And after that, I turned off the phone and prayed to god that once Mina knew about my reason on ignoring her, she won’t be mad and won’t hate me.

 

><

When Mina said she’ll be here in a minute, she really came that fast although not literally a minute of course.

I didn’t have enough time to make any significant progress with my lego so yeah.. when she arrived, she was greeted by the view of me pouting, frowning, in the middle of lego bricks.

 

“Momoring. I’m her—W-whoa…..”

“Help me…”

 

She then walked to my side, examined the situation a little bit then asked, “did you perhaps finished it and then accidentally broke it?”

“No… This is my current progress…” and of course that made Mina shocked as both her eyes slightly widen.

“W-well it’s a usual pace for first timer… But don’t worry. I’ll finish it for you.”

“Thank you Mitang… I’ll help too!”

 

And after that, we started to finish what I couldn’t.

Since Mina already here, I’m just gonna wait until she told me what to do. Well yes, I did read the instruction… but again. It’s too complicated and hard for me to comprehend. So, I’ll just let the pro handle it.

 

“Okay, uh. First thing first. From all these piles, could you tell me what package it belongs to?”

“Hm?”

 

yes. All I could give Mina was that confused hummed. After seeing how I react, Mina once again looked around—inspecting the mess I created in my dorm’s living room.. and then, she sigh while gave a smile

 

“You opened all the package but didn’t separate it, didn’t you?”

“Oh that! No… I did separate it. I compiled the same number package into one pile but.. i.. forgot what number each of it belongs to…”

“So… you opened the entire package and built randomly?”

“Uh… kinda? Was that… bad?”

“Well, you could’ve did things more orderly. Like starting with the package number 1 first, then after it finished, open the number 2 package and continue building it numerically. It’ll be easier and more organized if you do that way.”

“Oh… i.. didn’t know that.. I thought it was just labelling each section. Not steps…”

Seeing me pouting, Mina gave a smile and a pat on my head as she said, “It’s okay.. I could just compare it with the book and we could start from there. And we have plenty of time, right?” and I gave her a nod.

 

Mina then quickly flipping through the thick book and tried to figure out which package each of the piles belong to. After she finally knew all of it and put the numbered package near the respective piles, she told me what to do and we finally started building that huge castle.

><

Mostly, during the time we’re building it, we weren’t really chatty. Mina was so focused with the lego and so did i. My dorm was empty, there’s no other sound except clicking sound of Legos. Boo and dobby also miraculously sleeping in their own crib.

Sometimes I took a glance at Mina and wow. She worked so fast. We started together, but hers seems about to be finished soon. This is still tiring for me. But with Mina right by my side, I think I’ll manage.

 

“Sorry for inviting you here to help me with this mess..” I said

“No, no.. it’s fine.. I wasn’t doing anything either.” She said but then followed by a question from her, “So, this is the reason why you couldn’t answer my text or call?”

“O-oh yeah.. right. I’m sorry about that too…”

“It’s okay..”

 

There was a long silence after that.

You know… Mina isn’t a talkative person, everyone knows about it and sometimes, her silence could mean so many things and its hard for me to figure out what actually inside her head.

She didn’t sound she is “okay with it. She sounded sad or down? But her face didn’t seem like she’s sad and she still continued stacking all those Legos. And I don’t think she’s mad either.. But what’s with this silence??

 

“Are you… mad at me?” I asked

“Hm? For what?” she asked, eyes still on the Lego.

“For ignoring your calls and text…”

“aah.. don’t worry, I’m not mad.” She said while giving me a bright smile. Okay she’s not mad…

 

“I deserve it anyway.”

“Wait.. what?”

 

and that made me stopped stacking the lego part and just fully facing her. Too shocked with her statement.

 

“What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“Now I understand how it feels to be ignored… and I’m really sorry for always do this kind of thing to you.”

Wait.. does she.. knew? “Why are you talking about that out of the sudden? I don’t mi—”

“Jeongyeon eonni told me.”

“Told you… what, exactly?” I asked, warily.

“This. You trying to ignore me because I’ve ignored you countless time.”

 

That damn Yoo Jeongyeon…. So this is what she meant by the sorry not sorry message.

 

“A-ah… i… see. But it’s not that you hurt me so bad. No… not at all.. it just—”

“No, Momo.” She suddenly dropped whatever she was doing, and went to face me.

“You have rights to be mad at me and do whatever you’re doing earlier, I deserved it.”

She then held my hand and said, “But next time, could you please… just tell me? If you feel annoyed at me, or if I hurt you, or I did whatever bad thing to you, please tell me right away? I-I’m new to this so I don’t really know how am I supposed to act or what should I do. A-and yet if you suddenly just ignore me like that… I felt lost and I thought you’re mad at me or hate me or wanted to bre—"

 

I pulled her into a hug and hold her tight. I knew I did this for ‘revenge’. I supposed to feel relieved when she said she understand what I felt.. But after seeing how it actually impacted on her. God, I feel terrible.

 

“I’m sorry.. I’m really really sorry.. I should’ve been more mature and told you right away instead of doing this.” I said while rubbing her back.

Mina always seems calm from outside and sometimes that makes me forgot that she’s the type who thinks too much.

 

“I do understand that sometimes you need your me time. And I don’t mind about it. But you sometime fully closed yourself so I just felt… left out.”

Mina replied my hug and then said, “I don’t mean that way.. I’m sorry. Sometimes I want to invite you too.. But I always afraid that you’ll find me boring… So I assumed you’d refuse to come if I asked..”

“I’ve experienced tons of feelings when I’m with you, but boring never on the list.” I break off the hug, just to see her face and said, “I just want to be in the same place as you. I don’t mind watching you stacking all these colourful bricks for hours, or watching you playing your games while I do something else.. I really don’t mind. Being with you, is what I wanted.”

“So… if I asked you to come to my room, while I assembling a new set of lego… you don’t mind?”

“Mhm. I don’t mind.”

“You won’t whine and complains?” and that made me chuckled

“I promise I won’t. And if you need your alone time, I’ll understand. But please, tell me first?” And now I got a smile and a nod from her. Which of course made me smile too.

 

“We’re bad at communicating, huh?” She said it but with a laugh.

“Yeah.. But we’re working on it, right?” and she gave me a nod.

“But first, we need to working on these….”

 

I followed my sight to the thing Mina refers to, which was the pile of Lego bricks and unfinished castle. Of course, after seeing it I couldn’t help but let out a sigh.

 

“God, this will take forever… “ but then I added, “But it’s fine now. You are here with me.”

And of course, that remarks made Mina shy and automatically moved away to her previous position—a bit further from me.

“W-Well, let’s better start it before Nayeon eonni and Sana came home and going crazy upon the mess…”

“Good idea.”

 

And after that, we continued building the castle. But this time, there’s no burden now since we sorted things out earlier.

>><<

 

“aaandd… done!” I said after I combined the last part onto the rest of the castle.

 

It’s nearly 3 hours after Mina came to help and look how great the Lego became. Satisfaction is indeed what I felt after seeing this massive thing stood on my living room. But now, I’m exhausted and laid myself flat on the floor—spreading my hands wide.

 

“You did well..” Said Mina as she also gave a patted on my head.

“All thanks to you.” I said with a smile.

 

After I said that, Mina suddenly joined me laying herself on the floor. But she chose my chest as her head rest and her arm circling on me. Of course, I couldn’t help but squeezed her into a hug. Mina being touchy only could happen because I’m her girlfriend. So I need to make the full out of it.

 

“Why am I feeling so exhausted..” I said

“You’re not used to it and well I got to admit this set has too many bricks.”

“Right! I’m not weird for having trouble assembling this alone, right?”

“Yes. I’ve assembled this set too and it took me nearly 12 hours to finish it.”

“Eeeeh?? 12 hours?? Alone???” I felt a nod from her. “Well 12 hours by yourself is still remarkable..” I added.

“But I got scolded by my mom because of it… I was too focused on finishing it and forgot to eat anything..”

“That habit of yours, need to be changed, miss.” I said while poking her cheek and that made her giggled.

 

“Anyway, how’s your first Lego assembling experience?” she asked

“Well… I could say it’s fun.”

“Oh? So you want to build again?”

“If doing it alone, no. But if with you, yes.”

“Okay.. I’ll try to find something we could build together.” She said

“But eum… Mitang. Could you please buy something with lesser bricks than this one?” and that question made her laughed.

“Why? You say it was fun?”

“I could enjoy it more if it had lesser brick…”

“Although it would shorten the time you spend with me?”

 

Oh.. she got a point.

 

“W-well… I’ll just let you choose whatever you want to build then.” I said.

Mina laughed again and said, “and they said I’m the whipped and needy one in this relationship.”

“We’re both whipped and needy for each other.”

She then looked up at me, stared a bit and then suddenly gave me a peck on the lips. “True.”

“Hey. That’s too short.”

“I’ll kiss you longer if you promise to build Lego with me together.”

“I think I’ve told you plenty of time already.. I’ll do anything as long I’m doing it with you. Build Legos, puzzle, house, family, whatever you named it and I’ll do it.”

 

After I said that, Mina let out a smile and leaned closer to me. “Can I hold on to the last part promise?” She said

“Which one?”

“Family one.”

 

With a smile I held Mina’s face with both of my hands and said, “Of course.” And then we shared a kiss, longer and deeper than the previous.

 

“Oh. Wait.” I said as I broke the kiss. “If you want to build our house like Lego, we need to reconsider that.” And that made her laughed.

“I’m not as maniac as that, silly. Come here and kiss me again.”

“Oooh… a bit needy, huh?”

“Can’t I? You’ve been ignoring me this whole time.” She was about to lean closer again but then she suddenly stopped and said, “or you want me to stop?”

“I won’t let you~” I pulled her closer and we shared another kiss again.

 

Well we can say my plan kinda work. I finished the Lego, cleared my issues with Mina and got to spend time with her. And if every time I assembled Lego with Mina I could get this type of moment… even 10.000 bricks I won’t mind~

Lego is fun~


 

Author's Notes:

HI HI Akkergo here~
i know it's short... but i hope you enjoyed it ^^

Please leave your thoughts in the comment below and upvote if you like it~~ 
once again, thank you for reading!!

love,

Akkergo