People fall in love with the wrong people sometimes

People fall in love with the wrong people sometimes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I missed you so much, Jeongyeon-san." Mina cups her lover's cheek before planting a soft, lingering kiss on her waiting lips.

 

They're in a dark, dingy stockroom where all the supplies for the restaurant they both are working for is stored. The lights are dimmed by the built up dirt covering the light bulb, the room feels stuffy and there are a lot of boxes around them but none of it mattered at the moment other than them being in each other's arms again. Mina hasn't been with Jeongyeon for two weeks since the girl had to take a leave from work to visit her family who lives three hours away.

 

"I missed you too. Sorry I couldn't call you while I was away. You know my family has been with me most of the time and the signal was ." Jeongyeon leaves a tender kiss on Mina's forehead before continuing, "Are you free later? Sleep at my place so we can make up for the lost time?" 

 

"I can stay for a bit but I can't sleep at yours. Momo is sick and I have to take care of her. You know how your friend likes to act like a baby when she's not feeling well. I have to do everything." Mina can't help the warm smile forming on her lips at the thought of Momo acting like a kicked puppy everytime the older girl is sick. She has always find a whiny Momo cute.

 

"But I'm your baby right, baby? Only me." Jeongyeon pulls Mina's waist closer to her and trails wet kisses on her neck down to her collarbone. Mina tries to steady herself but her knees seem to buckle at the slightest touch from Jeongyeon.

 

They were interupted when they hear echoing footsteps from the hallway coming towards the room they were in.

 

Jeongyeon quickly fixes Mina's blouse and moves far away from where the other girl is standing to go pick up a discarded clipboard with the restaurant's inventory list on the floor. They both have moved far enough from each other and pretend to check on some boxes when the door of the room opens and a curious head of Momo peaks out.

 

"Oh you're both here. I had to come by the restaurant when I heard Jeongyeon is back. We need to talk. I still feel slightly under the weather so I'll make it quick." Momo gives them a small smile. Her voice is raspy, a telltale that she's still enduring a flu.

 

"What's it about, Mo?" Mina hears Jeongyeon ask. Jeongyeon's eyes are still on the list that she pretends to read even when Mina can see that the sheet list is empty.

 

"Just... Finish what you're doing and see me." Momo turns to leave but before she was about to close the door she stops midway and turns back to look at Mina.

 

"Let's have dinner after your shift, Mitang. I made reservations at Acquista's since I figured you might want to try food that's not prepared by me. Sorry I can't ask Jeongyeon to come with us since I need to tell you something important too." Momo sends an apologetic smile towards Jeongyeon which the girl can only shrug at.

 

"You're going to have a talk with me too, don't I deserve a free meal like Mina?" Jeongyeon tries her best to make her voice sound playful but her disdain is easily detected by Mina which made the younger girl send Jeongyeon a look asking her to stop.

 

Thankfully Momo didn't caught on to her remarks and just smiled at the lovers before closing the door behind her when she leaves.

 

--

 

"I'm planning on taking Mina with me to Hawaii. I purchased a vacation house there last year so we might be gone for three to four weeks, depending on the amount of time she wants us to stay there." Momo smiles as she tells Jeongyeon about her plans for her and Mina. They're both seated facing each other in her office. She has thought about this and last night when she watched Mina fall asleep while nursing her, she couldn't help but feel guilty. Momo has always loved Mina and she wants the girl to know how much she does by doing things for her.

 

"Why?" Jeongyeon asks. Momo watches with confusion as Jeongyeon's face remains stoic. She choose to ignore the look on her friend's face and grins at Jeongyeon before answering the question.

 

"To be honest, I haven't been the best wife to Mina. I've been working my off for the past few years so I can buy her the house in Hawaii and the trip that she's always wanted. Lately she hasn't been that needy and affectionate and I'm scared her love for me might start to fade away because I'm always knee deep at work. I don't want her to think that my work means more to me than she does so I'm taking a short break." Momo pauses when her phone dings signaling that she received an email. She lifts a hand towards Jeongyeon to let the girl know that she has to read the email before they can continue their talk. The email is a confirmation that the investors have agreed with her conditions for the construction of another b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter