Single Act

12 days

(First Week) Monday, 8PM

           All the nights were quite the same. Yongsun would leave her job around 20pm, would wait for the train until it was 20:30pm, stop close to a street snack machine, take one of them and walk back home, make the dinner, skip through her social medias, until eventually fell sleep. The following day would be basically the same.

          There were no different routines when it comes to a singing teacher. Classes were too full, she had to be always with the material ready, no time for parties at the weekends, because after finishing work, you would feel too tired to move from the couch to put beautiful clothes on. Her want was to do her job the greatest she could, so no laziness until it was ready.

          No later encounters after job, how could she? Arriving home twenty-five past nine, mind totally full of future reports and plans. If she was a computer, her system would be burning hot by that hour. How could she think of going to another place, if it wasn’t her house? I could arrange a car, maybe, she thought once. At the time, money was a problem, the car was left behind. Now, money was enough, but she couldn’t bring herself to change her habits. Yongsun was too used with waiting outside until it was time. Quite like a sort of therapy.

           While making her way through her students at the exit, holding a bottle of water and her bag in a shoulder. That was her life: singing, playing instruments and teaching, whether if it was personal, or in group. Sometimes having an adventure going to a bar with some distant friends and present at the karaoke some of the songs she knew or even had composed. Solar, the explorer! She would though sarcastically at her own self.

          She stopped at the bus stop, took a sit and sip into her water. As usual... oh, what? She looked at her side, glancing at a small cute kid, looking at her with a cute smile and a deep cute dimple. Wheein-ah? She knew that kid. It was one of her youngest students. “What are you doing alone here, cutie?”, she asked softly.

          “I’m waiting.”, the kid said simply, much for Yongsun surprise. They kept looking at each other, until the kid crack in a loud laugh. “You have a funny face, Solar-ssi.”, the kid called her by the teacher’s name, but she couldn’t bring herself to correct her in that moment. Kids don’t have boundaries. If I give her the permission to call me by my name outside of the school, she will probably misunderstand things.

          “Aren’t you too young to be alone here?”, she tried again. This time, the kid looked straight ahead, seconds after, she was confused, just like she lost something. “What?”

         “Oh! There she is!”, Wheein said, looking over Yongsun’s head with a huge smile.

          “Wheeinie... you shouldn’t talk to strangers.”

           A deep voice caught Yongsun by surprise. She felt her hair rising up in a wave of goosebumps, half because it was for sure sudden, half because she never listened such a nice~ voice in someone who wasn’t even trying. Looking slowly over her shoulders, until she could properly see the owner of such a voice, she got another surprise. It was a beautiful feminine deep voice, that came from a beautiful woman in baggy clothes. “Hey...”, she managed to say, although she bet it was quite creepy, since the amount of time she spent watching that woman’s face.

           “It’s not a stranger, aunty! It’s my teacher, Solar-ssi!”, the kid replied after seconds of her said “aunty” checking on the “stranger”.

          “Ah... uhm... It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Kim Yongsun, aka Solar. I’m one of the teacher’s on RBW Young Training Program.”, she extended a hand to the little girl’s relative, who took it immediately.

           “I’m Moon Byulyi.”, she said simply, with a small smile. “I’m sorry if I was rude, I just didn’t know it was a familiar figure for Wheeinie.”

         “You did great... no worries.”, oh... that’s too awkward. She slipped her hands away from Byulyi, embarrassed.

          The woman was caring a soda along with a chocolate bar. The kid’s eyes got brighter at the sight of those groceries, which were handed to her in the following moment. “Don’t eat all of the it before dinner, okay? Your father will be mad at me, if you don’t eat.”, she winked at the little girl, “Our secret, sweetheart.”, both kid and Yongsun cringed at the antics, but only the older woman couldn’t avoid, but smile at that moment. Impossible to resist, exclusively when the kid started to complaining at her aunt.

          Byulyi sat between the two, looking to her side, catching a glimpse of Yongsun smile, which was managed to be hide. Chuckling, she leaned a bit in the ok the woman direction, calling for her attention. “Wheein talks about you a lot, you know.”, Byulyi mentioned.

          “Hope it’s only good things.”, she said smiling at the little girl, who was too busy with candies to care about the two adults.

          “She said something about your cheeks... now I see...”, Byulyi had a playful glimpse dancing in her eyes, along with a dork little smirk fighting to be released in her lips.

           “Aish!”, Yongsun complained, but soon she noticed it was just to make her nuts, she let out a long laugh.

           “Just messing with you...”, clarified after taking a time to breath, “she talks about your classes the most. You’re really her star.”, she said. The tone and her face were soft, it inspired honesty.

          “Wheein-ah...”, she leaned close from Byulyi, to whisper. “I’m not telling you this because you’re related with her... but she’s really good at singing.”

           “Oh, seriously?”, Byulyi grinned. “Tell me more.”

           “All the kids receive the same training, they will have technique and can possibly become a professional in the future, but... there was kids who really had the talent. This... talent, can’t be teach. She’s a natural... well, being my student in one of my highest classes means a lot.”

           Yongsun was sincere. Wheein was an eight-years-old kid in a class where the general age was around sixteen. Most of the students were training since eight, just like her was that moment. She’s a golden child. She was sure that girl could be incredible. I wonder how her voice would sound in some years...

           “You seem passionate.”, Byulyi caught her attention again. “It’s beautiful to look into your eyes while you talk about her... you seem genuine... and a nice person.”

          Yongsun got embarrassed, without words to answer the woman. She noticed their closeness, getting away the same moment. She saw Byulyi shook her head while smiling at her embarrassment. Yongsun wanted to counter-attack, but she was too busy controlling her own reactions.

         “Well...”, she heard Byulyi after a while. “we’ll be walking. Take care, Teacher-nim.”, she heard the hidden innuendo, trying to get some reaction from her back, probably causing another wave of embarrassment. Yongsun was unable to answer anything different than a “Bye”, for both, the woman and the little kid.

Wednesday, 8PM

              Yongsun was afraid of Wheein passing boundaries in her class. Two days ago, she had a small talk with her aunt, but the results were different. The girl was acting as her normal self. Very mature, Wheein-ah!

              Although, it was good sight, she couldn’t avoid but compare that regular happening with her currently life. Monday was different from the regular nights she always had, but it wouldn’t be a rule. Wheein’s father, was who normally took her from the classes, so it meant Byulyi was a coincidence. Such a beautiful coincidence, if I might say.

              She couldn’t avoid, but thinking of that woman. For sure she had charms. Yongsun knew things. Although she never become an idol, the opportunity to work with music happened. Her voice was well-known semi-anonymously, by the Drama OST she used to compose, write or sing. Soon she got some famous when the currently agencies started to give her the credits, but her name was always the Solar. At her twenty-five she stopped singing just OST to write and compose for big companies' groups, until she decided to work together with one in specific: RBW.

          What Yongsun wanted wasn’t exactly fame, she wanted quality. She convinced the main power from RBW to do a trainee program starting by the young age. Solar would be the first teacher, who wasn’t getting paid at all. The company was a small one, starting activities for a long while, but they weren’t stable yet. Her money would come only from the songs, she wrote for the currently idols in that company. The popularity finally arrived, RBW became famous for discovering big stars and also having a desirable training program with high effectiveness. Soon, they had more than one school around the country.

               In the age of twenty-nine, she received too many proposes from the CEO, asking her to take the management of the whole training program, but all she wanted to do, for now, was to teach, until she couldn’t do it more. Writing lyrics for some idols here and there, but her main objective was to keep being a teacher.

               Her experience in the idol life was good enough to tell Byulyi’s charms were directly from some Idol group. She’s just too attractive and what about that voice? I can’t avoid wonder how she would sound singing... also, she was convinced that it was some weird obsession she got, from time to time, normally after watching Dramas with hot and charismatic females' characters. This time just happened to be a hot student’s aunt.

               An obsession which would pass the moment she arrives in the bus station, noticing she wouldn’t see the woman again. That blonde muse... She sighed, after walking away from the school front exit. My eyes really will miss you... also my ears... gosh! She thought bad things about herself, since she shouldn’t be thirsting over her student’s aunt in any sense.

              Sighing again, she almost got too lost in thoughts to notice fast steps coming from behind her. They’re too light to be of a man. Turning back. She didn’t saw the figure running, but there she was. The blonde muse. Standing in the middle of the block, looking good in her casual baggy outfit, hands inside her jeans’ front pockets, side smile in her lips and a cap in head. Effortlessly gorgeous...

             The steps were from a tiny person, who called Yongsun’s attention the moment her small hands touched hers, holding softly. “Yah! You walk too fast!”, Wheein said breathless.

              “Sorry, sorry.”, she chuckled, kneeling in front of the little girl to fix her bangs. “If I knew you were behind me, I would have waited for you.”

          “It’s okay... but only if you let us walk you to the station.”, the kid made a faux annoyed expression, which made Yongsun crack laughing, but also nodding and taking the kid’s hand in hers.

           “Hello, Teacher-nim. You made Wheeinie run a lot today.”, Byulyi chuckled the moment they got closer.

               Yongsun didn’t know why, but she was too comfortable with the easy-goingness from that girl. She couldn’t understand herself anymore. For such an introspective person, you seem too fine with her. She didn’t answer, just watched as Byulyi took the free kid’s hand in hers as well. They looked strangely like a couple by walking along with a small jumpy kid.

              “I know you want to tell me something Wheein-ah, what is this?”, Yongsun said after a while. The kid just ran in to her, it might have something, but soon as she looked at the girl, she noticed the sudden shyness. “What’s up, cutie?”, she said softly.

              “She is embarrassed.”, Byulyi chuckled, stopping from walking, kneeling in front of the little girl. “She met a friend today, isn’t it, Wheeinie?”, she nodded. “At school... there is this girl who talked to her since the beginning of the year, today she saw this girl singing for the first time.”

             “That’s amazing!”, Yongsun clapped her hands excitedly. “Is this why you embarrassed?”

             “Not only...”, Wheein mumbled, “she told me she ‘quite fell for me’, but that’s not the matter!”, she said fast.

             “Oh!”, Yongsun chuckled. She noticed Byulyi eyes watching her carefully. “Okay, so what’s the matter?”

              “She sings so~ beautifully!”, Wheein suddenly lost shyness, brought a look of pure admiration to her eyes. Both adults chuckled this time. “I want her to come to your classes and be my partner for the school talent festival... but I don’t know how to ask.”

               “You’re friend with her, right? Now it’s easy. You just need to talk, she will consider for sure.”, Yongsun said.

              “Wa... you’re very right!”, Yongsun laughed. “It was easy.”

              “It always was easy, Wheeinie, you were just dramatic.”, Byulyi started walking again, this time the kid was holding only in Yongsun’s hand.

              “No!”, Wheein complained. “She’s just mad that I said Hyejin-ssi sings better than her.”

              Byulyi cracked a loud laugh, turning around to face the other two. “First, I didn’t take it seriously. You were clearly just bothering me. Second, you are right. She really sings better than me.”, she smiled.

            “You’re not funny.”, Wheein pouted.

            “But it’s indeed truth!”, she looked over Yongsun. “She really has a nice voice... it’s... I’ll convince her myself if she denies you Wheeinie!”

           “What makes you think you could convince her and I can’t?”

           The bickering kept until they reached the bus stop, where they finally let their faux annoyed expression to laugh together with Yongsun, who at that point couldn’t hide her characteristic laugh anymore, looking more like a dolphin.

            “Wow, Teacher-nim... you are way more fun laughing than us fooling around.”, Byulyi said while controlling her breath. “We’re going. Come on, Wheenie. Say ‘bye’.”

            “Bye, Solar-ssi! I’ll try my best to bring Hyejin-ssi here too!”, the little one said, then she ran until she could hold her aunt’s hand, who was some steps further from them.

            “Take care, Teacher-nim.”, and so, she winked before leaving, but not without listening to both the other two complaining about her cringe behavior.

Friday, 8PM

            Yongsun was definitely ashamed of her behavior.

            She saw Moon Byulyi and her sweet niece two days ago, and she never stopped thinking of them. Of course, nothing would be enough to make her fail at work, but she still feeling the bothersome. She wasn’t even sure why she was thinking that much about them.

            Wheein was a sweet heart indeed. The kid was present in class three times a week, even being shy, exclusively because there were no colleagues at her age studying with her, she caught the attention by her talent and for being too smart. Yongsun would try to make the subjects understandable for an eight-years-old kid, but still, Wheein was good enough to be where she was.

            Part of being there was also because of Yongsun. When she passed through the rooms in RBW, she saw in the juniors a small kid singing. Stable voice, great breathing control and just by her tone, Yongsun could say that kid would be incredible in whistle notes. Seeing a future powerful voice, she couldn’t close her eyes to it, or waste her time. Making an official letter to the school’s management. She wanted to teach that kid.

           But how about Moon Byulyi? She didn’t know much, except that she is too hot.

           That was the reason for her shame. You shouldn’t be thirsting at your student’s aunt! She kept repeating that in her mind every time she got to think about that woman. Every detail of her would keep coming to her mind, knocking out any thoughts to stay there, full size in her brain. Yongsun was sick, but she couldn’t help.

           When Friday came, she couldn’t help, but wait anxiously until it was officially the ending of the class. Her students were leaving, biding “goodbyes”, but between them, Wheein still there, not moving from the chair, face clean from any sight that she wanted to talk with Yongsun, or do something at all. It called her attention.

           “Wheein-ah? Is something wrong?”, she asked after every student left the room. There was just the two, so no problems in chatting a bit. The room had the students’ table organized in a circle form, Yongsun sat in a chair close from the kid.

            “Oh, no. Just waiting Byul-ah.”, she said simply.

             Yongsun gave a small smile at the mentioned person. Byul-ah... such a cute nickname. “Shouldn’t you be outside?”

             “I want to make something for Byul-ah, since she’s nice with me. My aunt seems to like be around you a lot, so I decided to stay here, because you’re here too.”, she smiled openly. The last statement made Yongsun having a brain bad function for seconds enough, Wheein just talked back: “I talked with Hyejin-ah today... actually... Byul-ah and I have talked with her... I couldn’t bring myself to do it alone... she’s intimidating.”, she blushed.

             “Ah... how come your friend be intimidating with you?”, Yongsun followed the line, raised an eyebrow, in which the little kid just shrugged. “Okay, so what was the ending?”

             “She said ‘yes’, but Byul-ah said she should ask her parents, since the classes are late at night.”, so Byul-ah is a responsible person... this is cute of her. She imagined the scene of Byulyi having to knee in the ground just to be face to face with the two kids, but surprisingly holding the conversation as if they were two adults, because it fit with the image Yongsun had of her. Someone able to have a conversation with anyone, no matter what.

            “So?”, Yongsun asked expectant.

            “So... I don’t know, I’m waiting.”

            Yongsun was a little confused, but seconds after, she heard someone running at the corridors. She would make her way to brag with that person, but she stopped when she saw entering the room a woman carrying on her back a small child. Yongsun just connected the dots.

            “So, this is Hyejin-ssi?”, she looked to the smiling girls in Byulyi’s back, who was breathless after apparently running too much.

            “Yeah. I’m Ahn Hyejin. Nice to meet you, unnie.”, the kid said. Yongsun could find the intimacy weird, but she couldn’t stand a mad face at that cute kid.

             “Teacher-nim...”, Byulyi breathed deeply, tired. “I bring this kid here to sing for you.”

             “W-what?”, Yongsun was dumbfounded. “But... now?”

             “Yeah... I know if she starts here, she would be in the juniors, but she’s so much more! I guarantee.”, she said fast, almost forgetting she needed to breath while talking.

              Yongsun watched with eyes wild, but soon as Byulyi stopped talking, she started laughing. “You’re so cute...”, her mind was a blessing, now, she could picture Byulyi running from somewhere too far, just to bring that kid there, because she thought the girl worth a better chance.

             “What?”, she mumbled, getting red out of her embarrassment, but also for being running.

             “I would watch her sing anyways... I believe in Wheein, and if she says she sings beautifully, then I’ll go check and give her a try.”, Yongsun giggled, watching as Byulyi’s shoulders dropped. “But for sure it makes my expectations be on the clouds, since you did all of this.”

             “Okay, thank you for that...”, Byulyi let the girl sit in one of the chairs, but soon as she was dropped, she ran to Wheein’s side.

             “Wheein said she would help me with this song. Will be singing in the school festival as well.”, Hyejin waited until Wheein showed two papers from her bag. “It’s from Unknown.”

            “Actually...”, Wheein giggled. “It’s not that Unknown, but I’ll say who wrote after we finish this.”

             “By the way.”, Hyejin started again. “This is a song we been singing a lot these days. It’s Miracle Three Days Ago, by Unknown Not So Unknown.”

              Yongsun saw Byulyi’s eyes widened for brief seconds. She wondered if she had heard the name before, but she couldn’t remember. Once the girl’s started, Wheein was the first verse, more like an introduction for Hyejin’s voice. The girl sang from the second verse until the chorus, when they did a harmonization in low whispered tone.

            After first chorus, Wheein started again, which Hyejin followed in sequence in the same tone as before, but in the middle of Wheein’s part, she sang something that caught Yongsun’s attention, but she was fast in hide. “Moonstar” that will protect you?

            She let that by side, the main focus was back again in the sweet lower tone of Hyejin’s, which made Yongsun feel the same as with Wheein before. She’s a natural born singer... and she felt amazing by having that opportunity. Two golden kids, who occasionally came to meet each other. She was delighted by that luck.

             Taken by her thoughts, she didn’t see when Moon Byulyi started to sing along with the girls. She started humming, but soon they achieved the chorus for the second time, she raised her voice, while doing a silly dance, around a very confused Yongsun. The kids laughed at that, even though they still tried to keep singing, she noticed the surroundings, also she noticed that Byulyi had much more than a beautiful low voice, but great technic to harmonize and sing. She wasn’t husky, but softly. Even with those silly and fast movements, she still kept the control of her voice, just like a pro.

             The kids soon noticed that Yongsun was in silence, looking nowhere, which made them stop Byulyi from her display of silliness. The woman looked almost in panic when she thought to have destroyed Hyejin’s chance. By seeing that face, Yongsun was fast in make her calm down, by holding her hands, smiling, assuring all of them.

             “You two... it’s really a pleasure to know both of you...”, she said with a smile, “two natural born singers in one place!”, she laughed. The girls started jumping around in pure happiness and energy, which made Yongsun stop them again. “Wheein. Who wrote this song?”

             Wheein looked over Yongsun’s head, which instantly made the woman realized. With a soft chuckle, she looked to Byulyi with a small smirk. “Moonstar?”, by saying those words, she saw Byulyi became again embarrassed.

             “It’s a nick name... Wheeinie find it cool, and when I wrote this song, she was quite sad... I wanted to send her a message.”, she moved uncomfortably through the room, being stopped by Yongsun, which the smile never had left her face.

             “It’s a nice song. I really like.”, she said. “Does it have an instrumental?”

             “I made myself with the piano Wheein have at my place.”, she said, incapable of letting Yongsun’s eyes.

             “It’s your piano, Byul-ah.”, Wheein said.

             “I don’t play it often.”, she shrugged. “Wheein is learning.”

             Yongsun let a small “wow” from her lips. “It looks like the talent is something from your family!”, she exclaimed. “You’re talented in writing, also, you play instruments. Are you a singer, Byulyi?”

              “No!”, she laughed. “I’m a photographer.”, she kept a smile at in her lips. “Hey... what’s you answer to Hyejin? Is she in you class?”

              Yongsun turned around. “I’m not in the management, although I have the influence. If your parents don’t mind... I try to bring you to my 6PM classes, all costs.”, she grinned by seeing Wheein eyes bright, but there was something off with Hyejin, at the mention of her parents.

             “My parents... they don’t mind anything at all. So, I guess it’s fine.”, Hyejin said with a smile, but it was clearly a fake one, which called for Wheein’s attention.

             “Look.”, she called for her friend. “My parents don’t care at all, the same... but I have Byulyi... and if you want... I can lend you my Byulyi too.”, she said seriously, looking straight to the other girl’s eyes. It was a matter of seconds until, Hyejin threw herself in the small girls, hugging her tightly.

            “I was about to joke about not being an object... but never mind. This girl needs a Moonstar too.”, Yongsun heard Byulyi whispering, too close, in her ear. She exhaled, feeling the shuddering through her body. Gosh! It was supposed to be cute. Get yourself together Yongsun! “Also... let’s take these girls home, shall we?”

            “Hm... I need to take the bus... I might be late at this hour.”, she said in a hurry. Byulyi touched her shoulder, she wouldn’t notice if she didn’t have seen the movement.

            “I’ll take you. I brought my car.”

            “If you have a car, why you always come by feet?”

            “Because I like to see the streets at night and Wheein doesn’t like her home, she doesn’t want to be soon there. We both have reasons.”, she smiled. “Also... I was thinking...”, her voice turned lower and naturally huskier, “we could buy them a nice meal... by ‘we’ I want to mean you just watch me paying for all of you.”

             Yongsun laughed at the cute way she found to ask her out. Maybe I’m reading it wrongly... but let’s try. “Okay, but no need for this. I’ll pay mine and Hyejin’s. You paid the rest.”

             “No. I’ll let you pay the next time.”, she winked, causing Yongsun to cringe and unconsciously hit her shoulder as an answer.

             “How would you know that it will have a second time?”

             “I don’t... but how about Sunday? But this time just me and you?”

             “Gosh.”, she giggled, walking away from Byulyi, taking her things in the desk. “Let’s have a snack, kids. On Byulyi’s!”, the kids screamed in pure excitement. Yongsun approached Byulyi, she held her by the shoulder, silently asking her to bend a bit to listen. “I have things to do this weekend, but the next one, I’m all yours.”

              She looked up, seeing a huge grin in the woman’s face. She couldn’t help, she laughed at how goofy Byulyi could be, but still accepting her arm to Yongsun wrap her own and help a bit in the cold weather.

Saturday, 9AM

             Before going home, Byulyi let Yongsun in her door, just like the gentlewoman she looked to be.

            Yongsun had an almost perfect night. It would be perfect if she wasn’t such a gentlewoman as well. When Byulyi left Hyejin at her house and Wheein at her father’s, following just the two of them, alone, in a car, half past ten in the night. Two adults. She thought they would have some that night. At least a kiss. Yongsun could see Byulyi’s gaze switching between her lips and eyes. They stopped in the front of her apartment, she gave Yongsun a hug and when she was about to let her go, she made a mistake to look straight at Byulyi’s eyes.

            Suddenly, she became hyper aware of Byuly. She smells mint, slightly sweet. The warmth, her body was fire, in all senses. She was firm, slim and warm. Her beauty, seeing her that close, just made me lost the rest of sanity. Byulyi isn’t a blonde muse, she’s an ethereal fairy.

            Yongsun felt Byulyi’s breath touching her lips, but there was no kiss. At least not in her lips. She felt a little peck in the corner of . Was an act of bravery, but not enough! Her eyes slowly opened to see Byulyi almost hypnotized glancing at Yongsun’s lips. She felt the urge to pull her by the nape to finish the things, but she held herself instead.

             She could understand why they haven’t kissed that night. They barely knew each other and Yongsun was Wheein’s teacher. Byulyi couldn’t risk things to get weird.

             She was just tired, slightly , but in general, tired. She took a bath, put clothes on and thanked Byulyi for the meal, now she could sleep straight hours, to wake in the next morning, starting her out school job.

            Also, her number was given to Byulyi the night they went out, along with the kids. The moment she woke up in the Saturday, there was a message for her. “Morning, Ddun”, following by a winking emoticon. She rolled her eyes, but betrayed her action, she started smiling while writing her reply. “So greasy. It’s 9AM, have some consideration!”, she waited, seconds after, there was a reply. “Okay, okay. I’ll considerate that weak heart of yours”. Laughing out loud about the answer, she typed fast another message. “I might faint the next time I see you being greasy”

           She indeed almost faint that morning. The moment she decided to start her routine, she left the cellphone behind. She took a warm bath, brushing her teeth, changed her clothes and then, before making the breakfast, she looked at her phone for Byulyi’s reply, almost choking. “I might faint before you if we get close like last night again...”

           Yongsun knew they shouldn’t deny things. It was almost impossible to forget what they did last night, or what we didn’t. She typed, but erased her message too many times, wondering if she was again a teenager with a crush. Until she finally had something: “You should have taken the risk. Wrong direction, Moon Byulyi. My lips were centimeters to the side.”

           Oh~ Yongsun-ssi, you’re bold! She praised herself. Byulyi’s answer didn’t take too long. “I was about to call the emergency. Thought you were dead in the floor after my reply”, she laughed. Obviously, she wouldn’t keep provoking me. Yongsun felt a bit down by the thought that Byulyi just had chickened out, but she received another message seconds after. “I should have taken the risk, yeah, but wouldn’t you feel bothered by kissing someone you know nothing about?”

          Yongsun wouldn’t at all, not that night. If Byulyi wanted, she could probably take her, but after thinking, probably Yongsun would enjoy for the moment, but them she would just let her by the side, as she has been doing these years with the last relationships. The thought of letting Byulyi go was bitter.

          “You’re right. I guess both of us deserve better than just a fling.”, she typed sincerely. The time passed, no sight of Byulyi typing, or even seeing the message. Yongsun gave up. She had the rest of the day, which wasn’t as long as she wanted. She started to eat her breakfast, checking on her social medias and other messages.

          Planning her day, she saw that probably the Saturday would be just to chill. There were things to do in the school, but she would let for the Sunday, which wouldn’t affect much of her time anyways.

          The day was free, she could use to know Byulyi better, if she answers the damn message! About to freak out, she heard a frantic knock in her door. She wasn’t expecting anyone, but she just opened, having the pleasant surprise of seeing the reason of her lewd thoughts at the other side, smiling shyly. “Hey...”, she said.

          “Byulyi?”, she was indeed surprised, but she gave the girl space to enter. “What are you doing here?”

          “I don’t like texting.”, she said, back facing Yongsun. “I wanted to talk with you personally.”

          “Well, I’m here.”, she giggled. “Although, I have told you I would be busy, right?”

           Instantly, she got embarrassed. “I’m sorry... I just did it. No thoughts... I just wanted to see you.”

          That was the second time she felt like kissing the woman in front of her. They got silent, the tension rising, but, somehow, Yongsun managed to walk until she touched Byulyi’s arm, but without reaching her lips, as she wanted to, just asking her to take a sit. “Have you eaten?”

            “No... not yet. I’m not used to eat in the morning.”

           “This has to change.”, Yongsun said, making her way to the kitchen. “I’ll make you breakfast, while you will tell me more about Moon Byulyi... and if we have time, I want to know about ‘Moonstar’ too.”, she chuckled.

            Byulyi looked at her with a silent attention. Yongsun didn’t bothered is asking her to talk, just started to search in her fridge for something she could possibly do fast. Byulyi would do when she wanted to, she didn’t saw a reason for making her hurry. So, it came some minutes after.

            “I’m Moon Byulyi. Twenty-eight years old and a photographer.”, she cleared , playing with her fingers. “I wanted to be a singer when I was younger, but I never could. Music is my life, even though I don’t do anything anymore.”, Yongsun threw her some gazes from time to time, just to assure she was listening. “I was denied because I couldn’t hit the necessary weight… I had some... problems... during the following years, because of that.”

            “How old were you?”, Yongsun asked. Concern in her eyes, she had been through that, but for her luck, being an OST singer was way more pacific. She never got to work directly with her image, she was a song-maker. People would know her name, but don’t really care about her face.

           “I was sixteen. I had some teaching classes before joining the companies audition, but the teacher always said the same, that I wouldn’t be able to make it through my appearance and my stubbornness, because I used to deny the tips they gave me back them, some that I didn’t agree with. Most about dressing. You know… although I do wear more feminine clothes, most of the times I don’t want to show skin.”, she said, struggling to keep sharing those difficult moments.

            “You don’t need to keep going, you know…”, Yongsun saw the sadness in each phrase. She felt sorry for the girl’s past, also, she felt guilty by asking for it.

            “Nah. Don’t worry... this are bad memories, but who don’t have them, right?”, she smiled a little. “When Wheein was born, I was in the middle of this race to, at least, be in the music industry, no matter what. I called some companies interest after a while. I had worked writing lyrics for years. I also took part as background dance for some groups.”

            Yongsun looked surprised. She was sure, since the first time she saw Byulyi, that woman had a different charm, something built in the idol’s life. “That’s really impressive, but you said that now you’re and photographer... I guess the things didn’t work for you.”

            “Yeah... kinda.”, she chuckled. “To be honest... once I was twenty-five, Wheein was too used with my presence. I would sing for her, or bring her together at my dance practices. She started to show interest in this really soon.”, Yongsun could notice the pure love in Byulyi’s eyes as she talked about her niece, which made her unconsciously smile at that display. “My sister died in her birth. Her father is willing to have someone to take care of her, instead of him, so anytime I want to take her, I would just do it.”

            “I’m so sorry for your sister…”,Yongsun was ready with Byulyi’s meal. She put plate on top of the table, but before she could eat, Yongsun held her hands, looking straight to her eyes.

           “Don’t be. I still alive, about her…”, she let out a sigh. “My family gave up on trying to talk with him. He doesn’t want to raise her. I pay for your classes and I pay for her school too. She just… it’s a baby… she doesn’t deserve to be just let by side, you know…”, Yongsun didn’t know what to do, the moment she saw the younger woman crying silently.

             Yongsun wasn’t an easy person to cry, but by hearing the things Byulyi had been doing for Wheein, all the whole background they had, made her want to. Instead, she just hugged her, while Byulyi was calming herself down. A twenty-eight years old woman, apparently no relationship, no kids, but she was trying her best to be present for someone.

            “She been doing classes for eight months, but I swear… she’s happier than never.”, Byulyi sniffed, getting some distance from Yongsun, who let her, just to help in drying her tears. “I’m such a cry baby.”, she chuckled. “I didn’t push Wheein on getting in this career like a singer… but I won’t lie… she’s living my dream, and I would do anything for her to achieve it.”, she said back with determination in her eyes. “And there’s this kid. Hyejin. It’s not the first time Wheein mentioned her to me. Occasionally, when I went to her school, I could see her. Life is not good in Korea as we think it is. That girl receive bad eyes just because she had a little darker skin… when I saw her singing… I knew I should do something. That’s destiny. They had to met.”

           “Do you believe in such a thing?”, Yongsun wasn’t disagreeing. She wanted to heard Byulyi’s answer.

            “I believe.”, she said firmly. “Things happens because of something. Don’t you think our meeting was destiny too? I would never make that way, but for some reason, no street machines were working around, the only one was exactly the closest from the bus stop.”, Yongsun laughed at the dreamy face Byulyi was doing mentioning the behind story from their first meeting. “I didn’t wanted to talk about me, because there’s too much behind. I didn’t want you to see me any different.”

            “Well… I do see you differently now. You’re more mature to my eyes.”, she caressed Byulyi’s face tenderly, traces from her tears around her cheeks and eyes, which Yongsun managed to dry. “You really seem like an angel, doing these things for the girls, but I need to tell you, as someone who was more involved in this world than you. They will require a lot from them, Byulyi. Sadly, the world is like this.”

           “They will be powerful vocals, I know this.”, she said firmly. “They will learn that they can make a world to live in, not to be enough for the world. Also, if Korea don’t fit for them, so I’ll take them away, no matter what.”

            “You need money for this.”

            “I’ll try. I’ve been trying since I saw Wheein’s face.”, Byulyi looked to revive memories hidden inside her chest, the moment she mentioned Wheein again. “I stopped choreography and lyrics because of her. I had contacts and some experience in taking pictures, because that was my job until I could do music. Photography meant stability and music was giving up on everything because of a dream. I would do I, but it meant giving up on Wheein and left he with her father, alone.”

            She didn’t know what to say for the woman in front of her. Maybe I’m really in front of an angel… gosh, I shouldn’t have wet dreams with her, it’s really some kind of sin at this point. Yongsun walked away from Byulyi, to let her eat before it was totally cold. She placed in the table. “Your responsible side is really a charm of yours that I wasn’t expecting.” Byulyi chuckled, eyes never leaving Yongsun. “It’s attractive though.”

           “Oh, really?”, Byulyi shook her head and scoffed. “I never imagined that having a kid by my side would attract a woman.”

          “Well… I don’t know, but I quite of liked a lot this side of yours.”, Yongsun said in a lower voice, although her inner side was just about to burst. “Quite y, don’t you think?”

           Byulyi expression turned dense after the following words. Yongsun thought for a moment she might had offended her, but soon she felt a hand tracing the side of her thin pajama. Shuddered noticing her teasing the line between the fabric and the skin of her abdomen. She watched how Byulyi seemed to be delight by her tension.

           This time she wouldn’t dare to waste another opportunity. She leaned to hold Byulyi’s face with both hands, giving in into her desires, capturing her lips firstly superficially, to make sure she wouldn’t be denied. Soon as she felt the hands, once in her abdomen, trailing around circling her waist, slightly pulling her, she got the message, making her way to sit in Byulyi’s lap, deepening their kiss to something more heated, tongues together and no possible space between them.

            Things got too fast between them, but at that time, Yongsun couldn’t, or wanted, to stop. The moment her lips were apart, Byulyi seemed to lost her initial hesitation, going straight for Yongsun’s neck, nibbling softly with her teeth, avoiding marks, but definitely causing goosebumps all over her body.

           Yongsun couldn’t hold the soft moan of pure satisfaction when she felt one of Byulyi’s hands grappling on her s over the pajama top, making her back arch to give a better access. She could fell her excitement building inside, the uncomfortable ache in between her legs, which she tried to ease by slow grinding in Byulyi’s abdomen, but it was no longer enough. Not even the explorer mouth of hers, because she wasn’t hovering in the places she wanted.

            She came back from arching her back, to hold Byulyi’s neck and propose a new place for them, to finish business, but soon as her eyes could open properly, she saw her door passcode being unlocked. She knew only one person who would come without calling, and her doubts were solved the moment she saw a very shocked black-haired woman at the front door.

            Byulyi interrupted her ministrations to watch the frozen panic expression in Yongsun’s face. She gave a fast look over her shoulders, just to feel herself growing red in embarrassment. She could not know the woman in the front door, but it didn’t change the fact that she saw them.

            “Unnie...”, Yongsun gulped, holding in Byulyi’s shoulder, as some attempt of finding support. More emotionally than physically. “It’s not...”, she was cut.

             “Yong, don’t even try. If you’re going to said that it doesn’t seem what it seems, I just have one thing for you: explain for me why this woman had the hands in your s.”, Yongsun just kept the same panicked expression. Much for her surprise, she heard a soft giggled. Byulyi was trying, without much success, hold her laugh.

            “Stop it, dork”, she yelled at Byulyi. “Unnie, I’m really sorry you saw this...”

           “You don’t seem to want leave this lap, though...”, Yongsun saw a smug smirk forming in her lips, but before she could complain, she was interrupted by another choked laugh from Byulyi. “Okay, okay. I’ll bring us food for the lunch. I promise to take a very long time.”, and so, she left without saying much more.

            They stayed in silence, until Byulyi finally let her loud laugh out, receiving consecutive slaps from Yongsun. “My god, you’re the worst!”

            “I’m sorry! Sorry! I swear I was just nervous! It never happened with me. Not even when I was a teenager!”, she said, trying to avoid Yongsun’s hands, but no avail.

           “Seriously...”, she sighed, but seconds after, she couldn’t contain her own laugh. “What do I do with you, seriously...”

           “You can do anything you want... ouch!”, she received another slap, this time a little harder. “Okay, I’ll shut up.”

           Although, she tried to look mad, she couldn’t avoid the building smile in her face. She stood up and let Byulyi eat the meal she had prepared before that mess. Yongsun wanted to ask Byulyi to stay, talk to her sister and spend the rest of the day, but she thought it was too soon. Yet.

           Before she could leave Yongsun’s house, Byulyi gave her a fast kiss in her cheek saying: “Next time, we’ll talk about better things. I want to know Kim Yongsun as well.”, and so her left.

Sunday, 2PM

            Ended up that “next time” was the following day. Yongsun couldn’t help, but want to see Byulyi again.

            She sent messages to her during the whole Saturday, even though she had suffered with her sister, which seemed to came just to bother her and stop the hot morning moments. Byulyi typed by message more things about her past to Yongsun, just because she insisted. The younger woman was a choreographer quite popular between the agencies, she received the credit, but she never was very active in social medias, so her fame never went too far from her contacts.

            Byulyi was an anonymous lyricist, signing in the name of “Moonstar”. She wrote a great quantity of well-known songs, but most of them were written when she was responsible for Wheein, which was when she didn’t want the popularity anymore, thinking about how would be dealing with a little kid and the fame.

             She worked as a photographer to earn money to support her beginning as a background dancer, since the work hours were easy to alight with her dance practices, with the help of a close friend, she could develop skills, which she would use after to make a portfolio, starting to work with famous events, helped by her late contacts during her choreographer days. Too short, but she made quite success with some agencies, receiving calls until the present moment.

             Yongsun was surprised to discover she had some saved photos in her phone, taken by Moon Byulyi, or Moonbyul, as her logo would show. Yongsun normally wouldn’t appear in the media, but from time to time, she needed to take awards, in one of these occasions, she got to know that photographer, and she couldn’t avoid, but want those photos saved. A great quality, taken in good equipment, along with the perfect timing.

            But soon as the Saturday had an ending, Sunday came, not too cold, but just enough to make a nice day to chill with hot drinks. She woke up a little later than usual, checked her messages and the first thing she saw in the day was a photo of Byulyi along with four dogs, a mutt and three corgis, surrounding her. The message below the photo made Yongsun chuckle: “Look at what my parents just brought for meee”, and before she could reply, Byulyi sent another picture, this time it was Wheein, having the time of her life while holding the fluffy mutt. “Two puppies”.

            She didn’t know how, but some way she ended up In Byulyi’s apartment, preparing hot chocolate with the younger woman for two little kids, because the moment she arrived, there was a third guess. Hair up to the ceiling, because she was had been running and playing with the dogs all day, along with Wheein and Byulyi. The said was no one other than Hyejin.

             “Yongsun... I’m dead.”, Byulyi whispered only for her to listening. The kids were finally less active, watching TV with the lazy dogs around them. “This place never been so full.”

             “It looks a mess.”, she giggled. “You have a bunch of geek stuffs around... I quite of expected, actually, but not in this amount.”, Yongsun was greeted by a big LEGO portrait of Byulyi in her living room. Around the TV suport in the living, there was a full pack of games, books and some little action figures. The kids were running and jumping into lots of pillows, but from different movies and series, which she could only recognize by the name.

            “Disappointed?”, Byulyi looked at her, neutral face, attention all on Yongsun.

            “No. Try better next time.”, she chuckled, finishing their snacks. “Also... don’t be too intimate with me around the kids. I’m still their teacher.”

             “They are pretty smart, Yongsun. I bet they already made a bet about if we’re dating or not.”

              Both walked back to the living room. Yongsun didn’t see half of Byulyi’s apartment yet, but it was a very classy space. Not much of expensive, but she could tell the woman was making a nice money with her jobs.

             The kids started eating, not paying attention out of the screen. Byulyi took that chance to hold Yongsun’s hands, putting a bunch of pillows around them, in an attempt to hide the action. She laughed, but didn’t remove the hand from Byulyi’s.

              “So, this is how you spend the Sunday’s?”, Yongsun asked after a while.

              “Babysitting kids?”, Byulyi smiled. “Well, it used to be only Wheein, but she made a close friend.”

               Yongsun hummed. She didn’t notice her actions when she let her head rest in Byulyi’s shoulders during the time they spent watching TV. She soon fell sleep, just like the kids, waking up confused of where she was, but soon the feeling was replaced for a huge hunger the moment she felt the heavenly smell of baked cake coming from somewhere. She followed her instincts and nose, until she achieved the kitchen, seeing two messed kids with a dirty adult.

              “It has more cake in your face than inside the oven.”, Yongsun mocked, receiving a laugh from the kids, who were also too dirty.

              “Not my fault tho.”, Byulyi chuckled.

              The time she was passing inside Byulyi’s apartment was affecting her. The chuckle of that younger woman sounded so good in her ears that she could bet it was possible to just listen to that sound for the rest of a life. She sounded y, but at the same time, she could sound innocent and cute.

               She blamed the excess of her smell in that place, it was indeed like a drug. Everything they had been doing that afternoon was extremely cozy, to the point she caught herself imagining how would it be if this was her real family. Byulyi playing with their kids while making some snacks for a cold afternoon, soon after they had a short nap in the couch, surrounded by their dogs.

It was scarring, at the same time it was awesome. She never thought too deep about relationships before, but there she was, inside of a big apartment enjoying a piece of cake, a tea with a hand, while the other one was caressing Hyejin’s head, because the girl just said she liked to be pampered a lot. By her side, Moon Byulyi holding a sleepy Wheein, who was tugged in her body as if she was a baby kangaroo, with the younger woman whispering sweet nothings just to make the kid go to dreamland even faster.

             Maybe it’s the thirty-years-old crisis... she thought, but at the same time, would it be that bad? She never considered a family before, because everything was just music and routine. Yongsun thought that it could happen any other time, with any other person. She wasn’t used with the lack of planning, so it was normal to caught herself captivated for someone who was totally unexpected.

             But in the end of the day, when Byulyi drove her along with the kids, giving her a hug in front of her building and a light kiss in her cheeks, she thought that maybe destiny really is a thing. And it really didn’t matter if it could have happened with any other person, she was happy that it had happened to be Byulyi.

(Second Week) Monday, 8PM

              Yongsun got to understand that routine didn’t matter when it was about Byulyi. Even though she knew the woman would be in front of school to drop Wheein, Hyejin and her to home, she was able to make Yongsun feel different things every time. She was indeed curious to understand what that woman had in her water to be that captivating.

             Kids loved her, animals too, old ladies as well, apparently. She got to see a street food seller being super sweet with an even sweeter Byulyi, once they stopped to eat a teobbokki before Yongsun arrive home. They ate in Byulyi’s car, with Yongsun too worried with making a mess, but also unable to keep the low rhythm, because damn, this lady did it soo good. It was indeed her favorite dish.

             “Stop worrying, Yong!”, Byulyi said, laughing at the older woman struggle. “Just eat. The car can be cleaned.”

             “Well, since I’m not the one cleaning, that would be fine.”, Yongsun said. “You made a right choice. This is delicious.”

             “I’m happy you liked...”, Byulyi was slightly vague, which made Yongsun look up to her, seeing the woman thinking further.

              “What’s up?”, she asked.

              “I was thinking of asking Wheein’s father to have a right to answer upon her matters, also being one of the legal responsible.”

              “Byulyi... this is a big responsibility, but I’m not gonna lie... you would be awesome.”, Yongsun said sincerely. “You treat that girl as your child anyways. I can see how much you love her.”, Byulyi looked in her direction, no words needed to be told, Yongsun knew she was happy to heard that.

             “I don’t think he would care. I’m just afraid of the future...”

            “Said the woman who told me she would bring two kids to other country just for them to sing!”, Yongsun gave her a playful smile. “Woman, no matter what, you will find a way to protect her. I trust this.”

            “I would try, for sure. I’m not backing, just having caution.”

            “It’s very y of you, mommy Byul.”, Yongsun smirked.

            “You’re such a !”, Byulyi said laughing. “it’s a serious subject.”

            “Yeah, I know, but I do believe in you, okay. I’ll give you support if you need me to.”, she then held Byulyi’s hand, putting a kiss in her knuckles. “You’ll do it, because you’ve been doing great since ever.”

             Byulyi smiled tenderly at Yongsun. There was something in that woman’s eyes that always would make Yongsun feel hypnotic just by looking at them. Deep dark eyes, that looked to hold the universe. Once she smiled, the cute Indian dimples were just the cherry on top, she looked like a excited hamster most of the times.

             Yongsun had been learning to keep attention in every detail of hers, eventually falling for every single one of them. A charming woman with such a smooth talk, was able to be the main support for a little innocent girl, also giving her hand to another one, who she barely knew, but she just put faith in her dream, maybe differently of all the people in their lives.

            She gave Byulyi a kiss after seconds just admiring her features. Softly chasing the warmth of her tongue, being dragged by those feelings inside her chest. She felt a huge heavy inside her heart. She wanted to exclaim to that woman how much she was incredible and lovely, but there weren’t words enough in her language to express it, so she rather kiss every one of them.

             “Hey…”, Byulyi said breathless. “I just wanted you to know that I really, really like you. Like a lot.”

              “I like you too, Byulyi. Very much.”, she grappled two sides of her face, giving a long kiss in her lips. “I would love to stay much time with you… but I need to go home.”

              “I could sleep at your place one of those days, right?”

              “Yeah.”, Yongsun giggled. “Well, how about taking me on a date Saturday, then you crash at place, stay for the night… maybe for the whole Sunday after.”

               Byulyi grinned wildly. “It would be my pleasure.”

Tuesday, 8PM

              Much for Yongsun surprise, the moment she left the work, she saw no one other than Byulyi, looking as happy as one of her corgis, while holding a small bag in her hands, which she recognized as her camera bag. She couldn’t hold back the smile at seeing the woman waiting for her, but also the questions.

              “I thought you would work today. What happened?”, Yongsun questioned the moment she came closer.

              “Good evening to you too. I’m fine, thank you.”, she said in faux annoyance, but soon she smiled again. “I had a surprise for you. Ta-da!”, said, opening her arms wildly.

              “You’re the surprise?”, Yongsun laughed sarcastically.

             “Yeah. Me, my car and, if you let me, my cooking abilities.”, she smirked.

             “What’s your plan?”

              “Come with me, I’ll explain everything in the car. Shall we?”, she gave her arm to Yongsun hook, which she made happily.

              Byulyi wanted to make a dinner for her in her own apartment. Yongsun agreed, since she was brought by car, giving an extra time to enjoy the night. She also was willing to see the younger woman more than anything. During the whole day, the mood was down by the thought that she needed a whole day again until she could see Byulyi again. But there she was, wearing long sleeved t-shirt and sweatpants while cooking a basic pasta with spicy vegetables and chicken . I’ll eat well today. Yongsun thought while smelling and feeling herself growing hungry.

            She had a nice way of preparing things, very unique of hers. Yongsun never saw such a mess in a kitchen before, but for some reason it ended up being a success. Byulyi put a portion for her, the first try. Everything tasted good and well cooked, she grinned at the woman, clearly happy.

              Their night would be just amazing, until the moment Byulyi got a call. She didn’t bother to answer the first time, but then it was insistent. She excused herself, but she didn’t leave Yongsun.

              “Hel…”, she was cut by a loud, angry and masculine voice.

               “Come here! Immediately, Moon!”, she listened the masculine voice in pure rage.

               “W-what? Who’s calling?”, she didn’t bother to check the number.

               “Don’t mess with me you as well! It’s enough to be around this little brat!”, he grunted.

              “Hyojan? What? Where is Wheein?”, Byulyi’s voice was frantic. She was worried, chasing around the house for her car keys.

             “In the bedroom. Honestly, I can’t handle this anymore. You pamper her too in’ much…” Byulyi interrupted him, with a loud “Hey!”, following by:

             “Don’t say bad words with her near, stupid!”

             “. You!”, he screamed. “You made her in this spoiled brat! Come here and take her, !”, with those words, he finished the call.

          Yongsun saw Byulyi watch her cellphone screen for seconds, in shock, before she threw the device in the other side of the room. Even not being totally aware of what was happening, she knew it had to be something with Wheein. Running until she was facing the younger woman, Yongsun caught one of her hands, feeling through her fingers how she was trembling.

              “What happened, Byulyi?”, Yongsun asked, worry in her eyes, while trying to pull Byulyi to her.

             “I don’t know, but it’s not good!”, she exclaimed, tears streaming down her face. “Yongsun...”, she whined, trying to control her feelings, but she just couldn’t.

              “I know...”, she looked at her with concern, squeezing her hands tenderly. “Let’s bring that kid to home.”

             And that was their night. Arriving at the house of Wheein’s father, Yongsun never got to see Byulyi that mad with a human being. Holding into her arms, trying to ease her turbulent feelings towards the man, who insisted in offending her during all the way to Wheein’s room. She had a patience of a saint to don’t throw herself at that man.

            Finally, she could knock in the little girl room, which was answered in the same moment, just like she been waiting for Byulyi since the very beginning, jumping straight into her neck, holding tightly in her, while crying soundly. It was apparent the worry in Byulyi eyes, when she tried to ask Wheein if she was hurt, or what was happening, but the girl just couldn’t talk.

             She just got the girl in her arms, holding her protectively, crossing the house to arrive at the front door again. Yongsun some steps behind her, being able to see the moment Wheein’s father was about to shout more obscenities to the younger woman, but she was fast in jumping in his front shutting him up.

             “Don’t open you damn mouth again, it’s enough for today!”, she pushed the man to the side, clearly making him mad.

             “Who do you think you are, ?”, he growled. “in’ with one of my family members don’t give you the right to say a thing, especially if this person is that dyke!”

             “Shut up, mother er! That woman could ruin your life, just by telling the way you treat Wheein!”, she shout back. “You should clean the floor she steps, because if I were her, I would destroy your damn life!”, the moment she finished talking, she saw his jaw tense, no words were spelled again, which made Yongsun contemplate if there were much more bad things happening with the little girl, in which Byulyi wouldn’t be aware of.

             Outside of the house, Byulyi was back leaned in the car, caressing Wheein’s head, trying to soothing her nervousness. Yongsun got closer, hesitating before touching the kids back. The moment she felt a hand in her, she turned to see who it was, eyes wild, fear in them, but the moment she saw it was her teacher, they got soft, but still sad.

             “Hey, cutie.”, Yongsun said in a whisper. “Come here.” Yongsun opened arms, asking for the kid’s consent to hold her, which she accepted.

              There were probably no more tears to be cried by Wheein. She held firmly in Yongsun, taking a deep sniff in her scent. “You smell good, Solar-ssi...”, she mumbled.

              Yongsun gave her a soft chuckle. “Thank you, baby. Let’s go home, shall we?”, she looked straight to Byulyi, seeing her with heart eyes towards both of them. She smiled at the shyness display soon after she got caught. “Have you eaten, Wheein-ah?”, she felt Wheein shook her head. “Okay, that’s good. Byulyi will be making us a meal.”

             “Byul-ah doesn’t know how to cook.”, she mumbled again, never letting her face far from Yongsun shoulder.

            “Not true... I just don’t like to try.”, Byulyi defended herself, although Yongsun was sure Wheein wasn’t being serious, since she chuckled slightly hearing the woman complain. “Anyways, I’ll make us a meal, let’s go.”

            The adults had eaten, giving Wheein the rest. Before arriving home, Byulyi bought in a convenience store hot chocolate powder and a bunch of candies to the little kid, which made Yongsun try to scold her.

             “I mean... I know you’re trying to cheer her up, but a kid shouldn’t be eating too much candy, Byulyi!”

             “But...”, she looked like a lost puppy, who was caught doing something wrong. “I just thought...”

             “It’s okay...”, Yongsun held her hand, since she was in the passenger sit. Her eyes softened. “Wheein-ah, just don’t eat too much okay. Let this for after the dinner.”, she saw the girl smiling timid.

             And so, she did. Eating her dinner, serving herself with the hot chocolate and feeling too full after all the food, sleeping soundly, head in Yongsun’s lap after they stopped to watch something in the TV.

              Yongsun’s plan was check on both, Wheein and Byulyi, before going, but the night was about to hit 11PM, and she didn’t have the heart to wake the kid after the stressing moments she had. Byulyi came to the living room, after cleaning their plates, watching as Yongsun was struggling to move without disturbing her niece’s dreams, smiling at the scene.

              “Do you want to stay for the night?”, she asked.

              “I don’t know, but I also don’t have much choices...”, she chuckled awkwardly.

              “I have clothes for you and you can sleep in my bed, no worries. U-unless you don’t want, of course.”

             “It seems fine.”, Yongsun smiled, which made Byulyi relax. “Come help me with Wheein.”

              Byulyi took Wheein off Yongsun’s lap delicately. The kid snuggled in her arms, not opening her eyes. Both walked to a room Byulyi had especially for Wheein, in which Yongsun was seeing for the first time. She couldn’t catch much from the decoration, but just by the little she knew about Byulyi, she knew it would be exactly in her style, because the younger woman cared for the little details.

             “I love you, baby...”, Byulyi whispered, kissing the little girl’s forehead. “I’m sorry for not taking care of you enough... but I'll change this... I swear.”, stood up, looking at Yongsun. “I made my mind. Wheein is not coming back to that house. I’ll talk to her father later... I don’t see myself able to not punch him.”, she sighed. “Because of that, I won’t be able to take you out in the Saturday...”

              Yongsun smiled with concern. “Don’t worry.”, she whispered, keeping her voice lower to not wake the girl up. “It’s cold outside... I don’t want to be in the streets.”, she chuckled. “Also, if you want, maybe we could stay at your place, call Hyejin. I’ll make us a meal and we try cheer Wheein-ah.”, she walked until be close from Byulyi, not hesitating in hugging her waist. “She doesn’t deserve this... this kid needs to be happy, and I want to help her.”

              Byulyi kissed her forehead tenderly, they hugged for a while, until they walked away from Wheein’s room.

              “You make it really hard to not fall for you...”, Byulyi whispered to Yongsun, before giving her the changing clothes and a tower. “Go wash yourself, I’ll make our bed.”

             Our. The single word made Yongsun’s heart warm by the thought again of having their bed, their home, and now with Wheein being with Byulyi, why not to think of having their family?

Wednesday, 7AM

             Outside was bright. Yongsun woke up and could barely see the lights through the window, because of the curtains. She took some moments before the memories of last night hit her. She was feeling bittersweet. Having Byulyi’s heavenly smell surrounding her was indeed wonderful, but being there also meant Wheein had a y night, and they should talk about it soon as they could.

             Thinking about the younger woman, she pated around. No sight of her. She raised her head, searching for her phone. She woke up before her alarm, which means she had time to go back to dreamland. Rolled to Byulyi’s side of the bed, head on her pillow, catching a long sniff in her scent, feeling her day starting too good to be truth. She smiled. Guess I'm wrapped. But she couldn’t bring herself to think it was a bad thing.

              She decided to walk around. Soon as she was in feet, she saw the Byulyi’s last night pajama in a chair inside her bedroom. She wondered which time Byulyi had woke up. Opening the room’s door, she was greeted by the smell of coffee and another unknown, but sweet, smell of food. She walked, opening half door of Wheein’s bedroom, she still sleeping.

             I guess Byulyi wouldn’t bring her to school today. She thought, remembering that she needed to work, same as Wheein should go to school. In the kitchen, there was Byulyi finishing their breakfast, wearing dress pants and a light blue dress shirt. She’s going work, so what about Wheein? She would question that, since she could bring the kid to her job, if it was necessary.

             “Morning, sleepy-head.”, Byulyi joked. “Did you brush your teeth?”

            “No. I was searching for you.”, Yongsun said honestly.

            “I’m right here, Ddun.”, she chuckled at the nickname she gave Yongsun. “I bought you a brand-new toothbrush. Go get ready for coffee.”

            I don’t want to work today... she sighed. Yongsun never thought that day would arrive. The moment when she wanted to skip work, just to be with someone, who was smoking hot since the morning. She sighed again. Thinking about their first met, until the recent moment, she noticed that she had too much feelings inside her chest, but too little time knowing Byulyi.

             It was weird the way she got evolved with her.

            She was wake after the morning routine. Back in the kitchen, Byulyi had served the plates. “You can search in my closet for something to wear in your class today. I’ll drop you, so eat slow and enjoy. I’ll wake up Wheeinie.”

            She disappeared from visibility. Yongsun was back in her thought. Everything was so cozy. she never experienced the same feelings she was now in her previously relationships. She was wearing some other person clothes, there was a little kid in front of her, eating happily, while there was a woman walking around getting the things ready for their day.

            “I’ll bring you to my work today, Wheenie, we got to talk in the way.”

            Wheein eyes were wild. “Am I in trouble?”

             “No. Why would you?”, Byulyi smiled relaxed. “Just a little talk, Wheeinie.”, the kid seemed to relax. “Ready to watch me taking lots of pictures today?”

             “Only if you’re really taking then, instead of being surrounded by women.”, she mumbled, but was enough for both adults listen. Byulyi widened eyes, glancing at Yongsun, who was with one eyebrow up.

            Byulyi chuckled awkwardly. “Ah... what are you saying?”

            “People always surround and touch you. I don’t see them doing it with the other photographers.”, Wheein said honestly.

            “This is not so professional of you, Moonbyul-ssi.”, Yongsun said, taking a long sip from her coffee, eyes about to burn hole into Byulyi’s soul.

            “I just go politely at them, nothing much.”, she gulped. “And don’t worry, kiddo, I won’t stay around them if it makes you jealous.”, she said looking Wheein, but Yongsun could fell that being directed to her.

            “Good.”, Wheein vociferate the thoughts in Yongsun’s head. “I’ll change clothes them.”

            The kid left the room for both adults. Byulyi was the first to broke the silence. “I’m not unprofessional. I never did a thing with the models I've worked with.”

            “I said nothing.”, Yongsun finished her breakfast, standing up from the table.

            “Ah... but you seem... bothered.”, Byulyi walked behind her some steps, noticing she was making her way to her bedroom.

           “It’s just your mind.”, she said shortly, back in the bedroom, going to find clothes in Byulyi’s closet.

           “Ah... okay... so, I’ll just leave you here to change clothes too. Feel free.”

          Making her way back to the kitchen, Byulyi was stopped by Yongsun, who called by her name. She turned her attention the same moment. With just a gesture, the older woman showed her to get closer, which she made until stay in her front. Byulyi had a question, but she couldn’t make it. Soon as she was standing in her front, Yongsun put hands on her dress shirt, ing some of the buttons down from the collar.

           She could feel embarrassed, but she was just confused. When Yongsun opened some of the buttons, she looked up to Byulyi’s eyes, wrapping arms around her neck, in which caused Byulyi to held her by the waist. They didn’t spend too much time just looking, the older woman just pulled her for a kiss, being reciprocated without hesitations.

            Of all the kisses they shared, that one was singular. She felt the same urge as when they were in Yongsun’s house and were interrupted by her sister before crossing a line. For a brief moment, she forgot about her job and everything were just Yongsun. Her eyes kept fluttering closed as they stopped kissing. Feeling those lips trilling wet kisses at the side of her neck, down on , stopping in her shoulders, a little after the junction with the neck, until she felt: a hard bite.

           “Damn, Yongsun...”, Byulyi hissed, but soon the pain switched for a wave of pleasure after feeling a hard suction in her skin.

           “Just a gift.”, she provoked. Unwrapping her arms from Byulyi’s neck, she fixed the buttons of the dress shirt. “Perfect. No one’s going to see it... unless someone open this shirt today.”

           Byulyi scoffed. “Are you this possessive?”, Yongsun shrugged instead of replying.

           “Now, go! I need to change clothes.”

Thursday, 10PM

            That night, Yongsun just asked for Byulyi to drive her straight home. She would consider doing that more times, because by the thought she would miss Yongsun that night, they ended up having a hot make out section against the front door of her apartment.

           She would indeed miss the younger woman, but she at least had the pajama she stole from Byulyi, by saying she would wash at her home. There she was, using the same cloth twice, just because it had the soft scent from Byulyi’s house, which reminded her of sleeping being hugged by her whole night.

          It would happen a new-year event, in which some of her students would make a presentation and she should send the list asap to the university they would present. The only sure thing she had, was about bringing the two girls along with her, aka Wheein and Hyejin. Of course, also Byulyi to finish the night even better.

          While doing Hyejin evaluation, she was sure she could put both to present in the future. The little girl was energetic, wanting to learn everything she was able to teach. Wheein would arrive always at 6PM, but Hyejin would be there 2PM, when Yongsun was giving guitar classes, then she would stay for the 4PM piano classes and finally for the advanced singing. Yongsun didn’t mind, the girl had the talent and the want to be the best. Just like Yongsun when she was at that age.

          They fit too well.

          So, her night was basically that. When she finally got the chance to sleep, but she had a brief moment thinking about her days around Byulyi. She felt empty being in that bed alone. The thought that in the next day, would be no one cooking a breakfast for her, or a kid to hum a song while eating, was seriously sad for her. So, she lost de tiredness.

           She checked the messages with Byulyi. The woman had sent her a picture minute before, even though she was busy planning the presentation. There was Byulyi and Wheein having a meal in front of their TV. She knew it was Byulyi’s living room just by the number of pillows around. The photo was a selfie, taken by the younger woman and she had shown the little girl focused in something in the TV holding her plate full of vegetables. The following message was “First day living with mama Byul”.

           She typed a reply, “Are you sleeping?”, she sent, since it’s been a considerate time after that message. She wanted to hear Byulyi’s voice, it didn’t matter if it would be just a short audio. Being alone was terrible, and now she looked unable to function without Byulyi around, or at least parts of her being. She wanted to ask for a short call, but she was afraid to be a burden. Her fears just got intensified the moment she noticed Byulyi wasn’t replying. Maybe I should just sleep. She thought as she got her body flat on top of the mattress.

            Aware that it would be a long night. Thoughts wouldn’t leave her mind, she got stuck, thinking when exactly became a person so dependent of someone, like she was that moment. It was weird, but she couldn’t bring herself to her stop wanting more from Byulyi. She sighed closing eyes, but then her attention was dragged again to the cellphone, which was vibrating. She was receiving a call and was from Byulyi.

             Almost jumped to catch the phone, answering the call right away. “Hey...”, she heard through the call. “Did I wake you up?”

            “No. I was just laying on the bed. I can’t seem to sleep.”, she said, back in the bed, curling into the mattress, instinctively grappling in the fabric of Byulyi’s pajama.

           “Oh. Good.”, there was a brief silence, as if Byulyi started to think on something. “I miss you.”, she confessed after.

          “I miss you too, Byulyi.”, Yongsun whispered back, smiling softly. “I sent you a message. I wanted to hear your voice.”

          “Yeah... I saw the message. I decided to call you because of that. I just felt like I should.”

          “Byulyi... what are you doing with me...”

          “Huh?”, Yongsun could imagine Byulyi’s confused face that moment, which made her laugh.

          “I think I’m falling for you. Too hard.”

          “That’s good to hear, Yong.”, she never heard her name sound in such a sweet voice. Yongsun automatically felt her heart warm. “You made too hard to resist you, so now I can just give up.”, she giggled.

          “You too cheesy...”

          “You like it! Admit!”

         Yongsun laughed at Byulyi being insistent. They talked for much longer, until the moment everything was just black. She hadn’t seen it coming, but Yongsun just slept by hearing Byulyi’s voice.

Friday, 8PM

            “Solar-ssi! Let’s eat meat today!”, Wheein exclaimed the moment the class had only Yongsun and Hyejin.

           “Who’s paying?”, Yongsun joked, organizing her material.

          “Byul-ah. She said I could ask for anything in the dinner that she would pay, so I choose bring you and Hyejin to have meat with us!”, she grinned.

         “Is Byulyi secretly rich?”, Yongsun raised an eyebrow, questioning.

         “I don’t know, but she agreed. So, are you coming?”

         Yongsun decided to accept. It was Friday night and she haven’t seen Byulyi since the previous day. They had a phone call, but she slept. Apparently, Byulyi was too busy during the day ending by replying texts after hours Yongsun had sent. Now in front of the only person who were living with Byulyi, she couldn’t lose opportunity to ask.

          “So, Wheein-ah... Byulyi, she seems busy today. Is everything alright?”, She asked. Wheein looked to Hyejin with a meaningful gaze, causing the other girl to giggle.

          “She had a schedule at 6am today. I was brought school by some of her friends, because she’s in a rush.”

           “Oh. Well, for her profession, new year is really busy.”, Yongsun agreed, thinking about the time she stole from Byulyi’s sleep. They talked in the phone until it was 2am, unaware that the woman could have something early in the morning.

           “Also, she brought me inside of an entertainment company today. I think Byul-ah will be writing lyrics again.”

           Yongsun hummed. She didn’t want to seem suspect by asking to many questions, but the mention of Byulyi back to writing made her curious. She heard only one song, sang by the two little girls. It was a nice song, exclusively when she knew it was made for Wheeinie, not exactly because of the Christmas, but to not feel alone without Byulyi around.

          Her voice, singing the chorus was too good for someone who didn’t know how to sing. Yongsun wanted to discover more from her past with music, but she was afraid of affecting her. After their talk, Byulyi confesses that being an idol was her dream, but she never could sing the songs she made, or present the dance she choreographed.

          After a while, Byulyi arrived, looking tired, but the moment she saw the three girls, she gave them a smile. “I’m here! Let’s eat meat.”

          Byulyi tried to be hyper as always, but she was obviously tired. In the restaurant, she tried to keep the girls talking, giving them full attention at the little subjects they had, which didn’t fail to amazes Yongsun. She had a way for kids, which was obvious, since Hyejin barely knew Byulyi, but she had total truth on her.

         Even by having eyes only for the kids, Byulyi kept holding Yongsun’s hands under the table. From time to time, she would give her heart eyes, share food, instantly sharing with the other kids, avoiding the mocking comments. That was the night, finishing at Byulyi’s apartment. Hyejin was sleepy walking towards Wheein’s bedroom while the room’s owner was already sleeping in Byulyi’s arms.

          Yongsun made her way to the bathroom, take a bath and change for new clothes. She brought Byulyi’s pajamas in her bag. The night was basic. The younger woman was tired, but when she came back to her bed, she still holding Yongsun, talking with her about the day, telling her about the new lyrics she was going to write, in which Yongsun wanted to help in part of the process. They talked much deeper. Byulyi said about Wheein’s father.

          “He was mad for the most stupid reason...”, she said that night. “Wheein had a diary and she wrote some things about her new friend, Hyejin there. He got mad assuming things and yelled at her. She got mad and yelled back. He said bad things about me influencing Wheein with my sappy and she said bad things about him. That’s it.”

          “Have you seen the diary?”, Yongsun asked.

          “No. It doesn’t matter. She’s a kid. Wheein has problems in making friends. She’s too shy, and by seeing her this comfortable with this Hyejin makes me happy.”, she said firmly. “Eight-years-old kids don’t know what attraction is, she can find Hyejin interesting for other reasons, that’s fine. I should just guarantee the information and make her trust in me to ask for help if she needs.”

           “How you’re able to be mature and a dork at the same time?”, Yongsun mumbled, getting closer to Byulyi.

          “It’s my charm.”, she winked.

          She still amazed at how Byulyi could ease any topic. That night they lost the time track. The subjects had an ending, but they still awake. They still in a bed, alone. Silence, Yongsun brought back memories from the first time they kissed. Sitting in Byulyi’s lap, in a chair at her kitchen, feeling her hands, feeling her body close to hers. Suddenly she was warm, Byulyi’s scent stronger around her.

         Yongsun’s hands found Byulyi’s pajama. She touched the fabric, chasing for some skin. Slipping hands inside, touching her abdomen directly, feeling the muscles contracting at the touch. Hovering up, chasing much more, hearing her low voice whispering, blowing her warm breath close to her face. “What you’re doing?”, she felt the goosebumps she was causing through her fingers.

        The question was answered with a kiss. Fixing Byulyi’s position in the bed, straddling her, hands on both sides of her face, hips rocking. She felt hands on her waist, she knew their intentions and she honestly want all of that.

        When lips were apart, breaths were heavy, the air were thick with the tension, the dimming light coming from the corners of the room were enough to let Yongsun aware of Byulyi’s eyes on her. The desire, gaze memorizing every part of her, wanting to touch every trace of skin. Again, she was the first to talk:

        “What do you want?”

        “Be yours... and for you to be mine.”

        That night was just the beginning.