Tattered Ceiling

The Banana Milk

“.”

Mingyu stares at the banana milk scornfully. He does not even notice how he pours wine good for two drinks. What would he want with banana milk?

It is Jeonghan’s favorite.

“I’m thinking about him again.”

‘And you’re seeing him later.’

 

‘Stop being a jerk and move on’ another four banana milks in the fridge.

 

The said banana milk stands with strawberry and three pure milks. Light coming from the ref hurts his eyes, his pride, and his electric meter. Milks glower back.

 

He is not fond of milks in the first place.

 

In all fairness, Mingyu should really start moving on. There are a lot of things that demand his attention. His laundry has not been touched and because of that, he sees the neat pile of Jeonghan’s clothes. A stark example of that ray of sunlight shining on a dumpsite.

 

He seriously needs to cook for real – Jeonghan’s favorite snacks are on his pantry.

 

The dishes have piled up – Jeonghan’s set of plates and utensils are on the rack.

 

Mingyu replaces his bedsheets and pillowcases; he ends up picking the strawberry pattern set.

 

It was what was left.

 

Lying down spread eagle, as Jeonghan’s choice of detergent invades his input of air, Mingyu realizes all that is his was the tattered white ceiling.

 

Tears well out of his eyes. A sniffle escapes. Another wave of pain.

 

“Guess, I’m moving out.”